7.7

1. Jan 6, 2015
    The Burning Crusade is by far the best expansion Blizzard ever released. Perfect quests, raids, beautiful zones, nice leveling.

And not to forget beautiful instances like Mechanaar and Botanica. Mmmm, yummy! :)
  2. Nov 22, 2014
    Anybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect forAnybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect for nearly two years. Every aspect of the game was still a proper challenge for people with brains, it had been updated in all the appropriate ways and dungeons were hard so that people had to actually learn how to play and cooperate to get through them. In fact it rewarded teamwork, dedication and social abilities across the board, exactly like an MMORPG is supposed to.

Playing any other version of WoW than TBC is a flawed experience which is either too time consuming and poorly itemized or a poorly veiled insult to your intelligence. So what are you waiting for? Get cracking on that time machine immediately!
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    Burning crusade was the best expansion made for wow, but they destroyed pvp with arenas and resilience, and giving shaman to the alliance and paladins to the horde was the biggest mistake they could of done. Nothing differentiate the horde and the alliance now.
  4. Aug 6, 2014
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is an amazing expansion to World of Warcraft. My favourite thing about the game is the environment, it's incredible. To get to the Outlands from Azeroth is through a portal in the Blasted Lands. Once I got through the portal, it was such a breathtaking sight. The surrounding scenery is about ten times bigger than normal things, there are elites thatWorld of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is an amazing expansion to World of Warcraft. My favourite thing about the game is the environment, it's incredible. To get to the Outlands from Azeroth is through a portal in the Blasted Lands. Once I got through the portal, it was such a breathtaking sight. The surrounding scenery is about ten times bigger than normal things, there are elites that are huge that roam around the landscape, and the land itself is quite exotic. This is throughout the whole Outlands and it's an exhilarating experience wondering if one of those giant elites will spot you and come for you. The quests are average as expected, the dungeons are pretty good, and there are some PvP areas that can be fun. The new Alliance race, Draenei, have been introduce. The males are decent looking, but I think the females are kind of ugly. The new Horde race, Blood Elves, are a pretty cool race and are my first choice for the faction. It's a great expansion and it's one that needs to be fully explored Expand
  5. Jun 5, 2014
    I had the most fun in wow during this expansion. It was much harder than the original and felt more rewarding. PVP was great with the introduction of areas, heroic mode instances and some of the best raids of all time!
  6. Apr 6, 2014
    Just a best WoW expansion. Best raids, best PvP balance. There was no LFR, and people were more sociable. Outland was astonishing and beautiful. Too sad after this WoW has become degraded
  7. Feb 21, 2014
    Out of all the expansions, The Burning Crusade has always been my favorite. I still get waves of memories when I walk through the burning portal and step into the vast expance that is Hellfire Peninsula.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  9. Jan 11, 2014
    Best of all add-ons. In my opinion, version 2.4.3 was the heyday of the universe WoW, but then went for the worse ... It is a pity that everything is as it turns out now.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    I actually liked the Burning Crusade a bit more or about just the same as the first version. It was a cool game before the 3d version (Lich King) was released..
  11. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  12. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesomeTBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    WoW was at it's peak at TBC PvP was most balanced at the time & Karazhan was fun as and pve content was good overall.
    Armors looked nice & not like the looks we got these days. thank god for transmog )

Rip wow MOP was truly most worst expansion so far.
  14. Apr 17, 2013
    A lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world trulyA lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world truly came to life, and the things you did really impacted what happened around the fantasy world. Expand
  15. Dec 10, 2012
    A solid and enjoyable expansion further expanding the vanilla game and adding to the story. Not quite the same feeling as Vanilla but enjoyable none the less.
  16. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, theBurning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  17. Sep 29, 2012
    The burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired andThe burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired and respected because at the beginning only the good people could take it. Were introduced flying mounts, different types of raid, according to the difficulty not the same as it is now where it changes the loot.
    I omit something, for sure, because Blizzard was able to upload content to the end like Isle of Quel'Danas.Everyone regret those time
  18. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a differentWoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  19. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  20. Sep 12, 2012
    This was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to getThis was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to get them done efficiently. This was the last expansion to have a proper set of armour drop in dungeons. It gave people that do not raid something to aim for, it also gave the collectors and RPers an opportunity to grab some more nice gear for their collection. I probably should have stopped playing after this expansion, it was definitely a high point for Blizzard. The game has rapidly declined ever since. Expand
  21. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for World of Warcraft and also my favourite expansion. Going through the Dark Portal on release day and seeing Horde and Alliance team up to battle against giant Demon-like creatures was an epic experience. Running 5 mans with my guildies and just winging it not knowing what to expect around each and every next corner was really fun that day. The different zones in Outland all had a really different look and feel to the original WoW continents. Most of them looked like alien landscapes with demonic and/or alien looking creatures in them. Nagland looked like a beautiful ancient landscape before most it had been touched by mankind. Everything was new and different and this made it a very exciting expansion. Karazhan, the entry level 10 man instance was a very fun place. In fact to this day some of my guildies like to go back and run it with no gear on just for fun of it. SSC was also really different, an underground cave system with water and elite murlocs, omg how I hated murlocs while leveling lol, and here we found epic ones that we needed to kill. TK was very futuristic looking and did not look like any of the other raids either. Black Temple was kind of meh looking but this was the prime of my raiding career in WoW so I was loving every minute of it. I was in a great semi-casual raiding guild (in those days we raided 17 hours per week spanning 4 nights, and yes back then that was semi-casual lol). We managed to kill Illidan a couple of times just before the next expansion, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

In those days, the amount of trash you had to kill was excessive in both the 5 man instances and in the raids. Also, if you did not clear a raid during the week it reset completely, there was no way to start from where you left off like you can do now which make progression really hard if you were stuck on a particular boss (which my guild often was for a few weeks). But overall my memories of this expansion were of it being my best times in WoW so I have to give this expansion a 10.
  22. Aug 26, 2012
    It was fun when it came out. For some players it was the golden age of WoW. Sadly this part of Wow didn't age well. And this is the part where writers started to change lore and characters. But I remember it too fondly to give it anything less than 8.
  23. Jul 30, 2012
    "this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had." I quoted becaus it was my exact opinion
  24. Jul 21, 2012
    I suppose when I started playing this Expansion set, I felt annoyed by the sci-fi and futuristic scenarios, the super-mega-coloristic weapons and armors everywhere, and the loss of credibility in general (yeah, let's assume that there was some in the original WoW). The fact that 95% of the players at this point of the game (level 50+) are normally focused (only) on empower their characters didn
  25. Jul 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. utterly crap ,can not beleve pepole still are buying this **** have improvedthan just longer eyebrow on elfs,i cant stress how much crap this game is ..montly fee and everything,and they dont come up with anything better Expand
  26. Jun 10, 2012
    Of the 3 expansions so far, I feel that this is the best one by far. The dranei and the Blood Elves fit into the game well and are fun to play as. I also enjoyed the new area and the new factions. However, the new areas added were very devoid of players.
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    Better games out there...Don't be fooled by the new gear, mounts, races its the same thing it was. Instancing, raiding for counless hours It just doesnt compare too the new better mmos coming out in the market. Game hasnt gotten any better quit wasting your money$$$.
  28. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  29. Mar 31, 2012
    Just more boredom and grinding in a game that's nothing but. This was also where arena was added, and thus marked the end of balance in pvp, and the start of a FotM roller coaster that would destroy the game.
  30. Mar 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is a nice addition to anyone eager to play more of WoW, of course , with some new , interesting contents the expansions its necessarily important to any person that is starting the WOW mania. Even though, at this time is a little late with the entry of diverse MMO coming and that came recently.
  31. Feb 13, 2012
    I joined in the midst of the BC expansion so a comparison to Vanilla would be impossible.
    I remember trying to level up, it was hard at the time and by the time i was leveling everyone else was in the 70's doing HC's, Raiding and PVP'ing.
    It is not the game you want to play if you are a hermit, despite what people may think, it's a very social game in which players must coordinate in many situations and friendships are built in your guilds.
    Kara, Sunwell Plateu, The Black Temple... FANTASTIC!
  32. Jan 28, 2012
    Leveling from 60 to 70 was amazing but end game was broken until first major patch. Still I have a lot of good memories from this expansion. Too bad today experience is so much boosted that you just skyrocket to level 70 and do not experience story of this expansion.
  33. Jan 1, 2012
    I found this to be the last real good addon for Wow since it only increased the size of the game but left everything else untouched. Meaning for example general game orientation towards target groups and game balance were left the same like in classic wow.

The new zones and instances were well designed und fun to play.
  34. Dec 22, 2011
    Best expansion by far. It had the most original raid content, difficult instances and plenty to do. Sure it was grindy, but this entire game is -- it's an MMO!
  35. Nov 16, 2011
    I've played this WOW game a long time ago with my uncle, and I gotta say it's not that fun at all. The gameplay mechanics are copied off from Starcraft, only with third person perspective. Too muc laging as well as glitiches. I'm not a WOW nerd, so I don't give a **** about this game. If you like WOW, buy it at your own risk!!!
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Best expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this styleBest expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this style of design anymore. Expand
  37. JnD
    Oct 2, 2011
    This isn't the most helpful review, but as most others said TBC was the pinnacle of what WoW had to offer. I'm not sure why, but the developers made some drastic, and in my opinion negative changes to the game, and it's never been able to rebound from the first wave of Wrath content.
  38. Sep 18, 2011
    I would have given the Burning Crusade a 9, but the difficult part about rating these games is, firstly looking at the original vs. expansions. That is one thing, but then you have to look at the client patches and hot fixes. Well, when this first came out it was super challenging. PvP was challenging. There were some balance issues but honestly not nearly as so when Wrath of the Lich KingI would have given the Burning Crusade a 9, but the difficult part about rating these games is, firstly looking at the original vs. expansions. That is one thing, but then you have to look at the client patches and hot fixes. Well, when this first came out it was super challenging. PvP was challenging. There were some balance issues but honestly not nearly as so when Wrath of the Lich King dropped. After that everyone else was nerfed and Death Knights became the new OPed class. Really they say they have taken lengths to balance the game more but honestly I feel it required more skill in Vanilla and Burning Crusade than in the other two expansions. True, some things may have been more difficult in terms of facing other players but I can't help but feel that it was much more balanced in this expansion. Plus many of the things that made all the classes so unique in the first two, were changed in the following expansions, so now there are lots of people with self heals, bubbles (makes them absorb or not take damage for a while), things like that. I miss when I had to use the abilities that were unique to my class in skillful ways to take down the others. Having an advantage balanced by another advantage in some other way. (if that makes sense) Rather than having the same abilities with a different name or slightly different implementation. The instances and raids added during this expansion are terrific and flying just makes travel so much easier. Also the new areas added are stunning in terms of graphics. It was the nerfing and removal of many unique class features that caused it to drop a point on the scale. Expand
  39. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  40. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Collapse
  41. Dec 3, 2010
    Burning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried toBurning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried to kill him i'd fly down and get killed repeadtly so he would heal and eventully wipe the raid, for me Burning Crusade was much better than wrath... Burning Crusade has Cool pvp sets, it had many fun raids, and heroic dungoens. and those dungeons were rather hard.. the amount of skill needed for these dungoens was awsome and how much you needed to think about what was happening in the fight, if your group wasn't good enough then you'd never even reach the 1st boss.. that's what i miss most about the game. i give this game a rating of 9/10 Expand
  42. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  43. GabrielU
    Nov 15, 2009
    Well... I had various felling about this expansion. At first, I was deeply disappointed by total change of atmosphere, adding Blood Elves and Draenei... Blood Elves still suck a BIG ONE for me, especially for its look (I really don't know why they gave us bunch of gays in both sexes?), but Outlands... Man, it's other planet (or it was), but it's not Azeroth! I got used to Well... I had various felling about this expansion. At first, I was deeply disappointed by total change of atmosphere, adding Blood Elves and Draenei... Blood Elves still suck a BIG ONE for me, especially for its look (I really don't know why they gave us bunch of gays in both sexes?), but Outlands... Man, it's other planet (or it was), but it's not Azeroth! I got used to it and it was enjoyable play for me. Little nerfed from WoW, but still changeling. Expand
  44. TomH
    Jun 10, 2009
    i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class you could play for 8 hours a day badly and lvl no fastert then someone who plays 1-2 hours a day well another thing people claim all quests are the same which while partially true if you really think about it they arent exactly the same as soon as your fighting different things its a different quests every mob-type in the game fights differently and the people that dont try and fight things well and just button bash there way through the game will find it boring people who say PvP is unbalanced are the people that were the wrong gear for there class have no concept of strategy and place thre talents in all the wrong areas im sorry but if thats the case you will get owned people said that lich king should have been first expansion but then what would be second expansion? if you put illidan after lich king that would mean illidan is stronger than the lich king which clearly he isnt blizzard are ordering there expansions so they get progressively harder. people who say wow costs too much are the only people i have seen who have a point activision-blizzzards turnover in the frist 3 months of 2009 was $998,000,000.00 so they can afford to make WoW cheaper Expand
  45. ReddRed
    Nov 24, 2008
    This game kinda...sucked! boring and repetitive tasks! Kill 10 of this, kill 15 of that, or go get this letter and bring it to me...then we will let you be level 50! after that you can do more meaningless tasks in which you will recieve "XP"...but we will double your load in xp points to gain next level...uhhh... whats the point in that? BORING. PVP was kinda fun for a while, but got This game kinda...sucked! boring and repetitive tasks! Kill 10 of this, kill 15 of that, or go get this letter and bring it to me...then we will let you be level 50! after that you can do more meaningless tasks in which you will recieve "XP"...but we will double your load in xp points to gain next level...uhhh... whats the point in that? BORING. PVP was kinda fun for a while, but got boring quick aswell. i give the game a 0. i tried it because of the hype but don't understand how people get addicted to it. Overall it sucked, there is other better games out there. Expand
  46. RyanD
    Sep 5, 2008
    An excellent first expansion for WOW. The two new races are a welcome addition for beginners and there is plenty of great high level content including the new world of Outland. Only flaw is that high level dungeons take an awfully long time to complete. You can still solo up to 70 though.
  47. BrianP
    Sep 4, 2008
    Basically this expansion took wow and launched it again but without the magic and addictiveness of the first installment. With gamebreaking problems and balance issues (warrior, RNG, ect) TBC might as well have not even been released.
  48. JackB
    Aug 8, 2008
    Okey 1. those who doesen't like this game can leave bye bye no one will miss you(seriously). 2. yes this game isin't all that perfect but it is better than many other games imo. If you grind 1-60 yes it can be boring but that just shows how stupid you are (those yellow markers above npc's head means that they have a quest for you) Then there are so much more than just Okey 1. those who doesen't like this game can leave bye bye no one will miss you(seriously). 2. yes this game isin't all that perfect but it is better than many other games imo. If you grind 1-60 yes it can be boring but that just shows how stupid you are (those yellow markers above npc's head means that they have a quest for you) Then there are so much more than just killing mobs there's q that requires you to gather herbs and stuff, need to bomb something, visit somewhere and many other kind of quest's. I know it takes time to level from 1-70 but you don't have deadline to it. And read the quest they often have pretty interesting storyline to tell you. It's okay if you don't agree with me but don't cry about it .And last but not least if WoW was a free MMO(RPG) it wouldn't have as much content than it now has. PS. Guild Wars bah ! you must be joking right ? Expand
  49. ThiagoT
    Jun 27, 2008
    The worst expansion I've ever seen. Burning Crusade DESTROYED that epic atmosphere I saw at the first game. Now we play at Outland, an entire map with green gear better than epics from Azeroth dropped from Kelthuzad's own ass. Even Hellfire Peninsula looking great I think the second game should be at Northrend. everybody wanted undeads, plague everywhere, Arthas and his minions, The worst expansion I've ever seen. Burning Crusade DESTROYED that epic atmosphere I saw at the first game. Now we play at Outland, an entire map with green gear better than epics from Azeroth dropped from Kelthuzad's own ass. Even Hellfire Peninsula looking great I think the second game should be at Northrend. everybody wanted undeads, plague everywhere, Arthas and his minions, etc! And more: we like 40 man, we hate 25 man. We also hate to grind hundred hours to get gear that we have already spent on 60. Where is the lore? Sieges? New classes? Pandarens? Why blizzard destroyed Warcraft? And fuck the Lich King and its new Hero Classes! I can see the same shit done before and worst. Still have a dream called Diablo 3. Expand
  50. NightElf
    Feb 19, 2008
    This is very entertaining, well made expansion for the original World of Warcraft. I gave WoW a 9 but I thought The Burning Crusade deserved a slightly lower score just because the experience isn't completely new. However, the addition of new races, classes, places, and of course ten new levels, was quite a treat. The arcitecture and design of this game is very nice. It has several This is very entertaining, well made expansion for the original World of Warcraft. I gave WoW a 9 but I thought The Burning Crusade deserved a slightly lower score just because the experience isn't completely new. However, the addition of new races, classes, places, and of course ten new levels, was quite a treat. The arcitecture and design of this game is very nice. It has several new, challenging places to level up in the more advanced levels. I thought it was a very cool addition to WoW and hopefully Wrath of the Lich King will surprise me just as much as this game did. Expand
  51. fatdog
    Jan 14, 2008
    This game is great. I do admit that once you hit a certain level of gear (pretty much past Karazhan going into 25-mans) the amount of time and effort it takes to acquire a single upgrade (or in some cases a sidegrade) does seem to increase exponentially. However, its not a boring grind fest like some other reviewers are claiming.
    The reputation grinds are far from "same old boring
    The reputation grinds are far from "same old boring crap" as most instances give the required reputation (if you don't like instanced dungeons you may as well not play the game, as it is a huge part of the end game and the reason you gear up to begin with), with the exception of the Kurenai/Maghari(sp) reps, which yield items that aren't exactly necessary for the game, but are nice additions (a new epic ground mount, which you don't HAVE to have, some vendored gear which has similar counterparts elsewhere, etc). If you don't like instanced dungeons, there's always PVP battlegrounds that offer quite powerful epic gear.
    The variety in the new quests and overall content is a nice change to what was beginning to get old and really quite annoying (levels 50-60 are a pain. "Hey, welcome to Darnassus. Take this backpack to Suchandsuch in Nethergarde Keep" [NW corner of the world to SE corner of the world with no direct travel >.<]). Instances like Blackrock Depths are waaaaay too long for my taste, and the new instance dungeon formats of trash-trash-boss x3,4 or 5 are a nice. And finally, the inclusion of (now 2) 10 man raid instances allows smaller guilds to progress significantly (and effectively gear up) without making the 25 man guilds feel cheated.
  52. fatdog
    Jan 5, 2008
    The Burning Crusade lacks the magical atmosphere of the original WoW. I was addicted to the original despite all its flaws, faulty concepts, bugs, lag... I was simply immersed in the world. I loved it. But TBC killed it. I find it boring. Half of it doesn't even belong to the Warcraft universe. So I've found a much better MMORPG, EVE Online. For which an expansion rivaling TBC The Burning Crusade lacks the magical atmosphere of the original WoW. I was addicted to the original despite all its flaws, faulty concepts, bugs, lag... I was simply immersed in the world. I loved it. But TBC killed it. I find it boring. Half of it doesn't even belong to the Warcraft universe. So I've found a much better MMORPG, EVE Online. For which an expansion rivaling TBC in size, including a new graphics engine, was made completely free. I wish I could take the money I spent on WoW and throw it in the face of WoW's lead designer. Bubblegum for the masses, mediocrity at its finest hiding behind a well-known title. Expand
  53. JayS.
    Dec 6, 2007
    It speaks volumes that WoW's first expansion is a more enjoyable stand-alone experience than most MMORPGs' starting content. It's pretty hard to broach any single topic without starting an entire discussion. The music in the game, for example, continues to be outstanding; from the title theme that plays during the breathtaking cinematic introduction to the expansion, which It speaks volumes that WoW's first expansion is a more enjoyable stand-alone experience than most MMORPGs' starting content. It's pretty hard to broach any single topic without starting an entire discussion. The music in the game, for example, continues to be outstanding; from the title theme that plays during the breathtaking cinematic introduction to the expansion, which is ominous and thrilling, to the simultaneously enchanting and off-putting scores of the Blood Elves' homeland which culminate in a majestic battle-march in the capitol itself, Silvermoon, to the downbeat, dreamy tunes of the alien Zangarmarsh, Blizzard's audio work remains some of the most engrossing in the business, creating a truly immersive experience. It's far easier to talk about the things the expansion didn't do right. Those who weren't satisfied by the original game will not find any endearing qualities with the expansion, the intent of which, in retrospect, was clearly to supply the fanbase with more of the same old. The only radically new features are flying mounts and PVP Arenas, both of which have become incredibly popular (and staple) parts of the game for many. Character customization for the older races is still lacking, and fans look eagerly to the second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, to supply these things - but for some it might be too late. Still, these complaints are far too minor to compare to the expansion's numerous accomplishments, and the two new races combined with Outland will provide gamers with weeks upon weeks of engrossing content. Expand
  54. AnneR.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Recently Blizzard added daily quests which assist the cash flow for those that do not have the time to put into the game. Also reducing the levelling time giving more experience, per quest and less experience required per quest as well. Both of these changes are significant for both the hardcore player and the casual player. No longer if you choose do you have to grind and grind to keep Recently Blizzard added daily quests which assist the cash flow for those that do not have the time to put into the game. Also reducing the levelling time giving more experience, per quest and less experience required per quest as well. Both of these changes are significant for both the hardcore player and the casual player. No longer if you choose do you have to grind and grind to keep up with playing the game :) The game for me has 3 stages, a levelling stage, questing improving your character to get to 70. At 70 I spend my time raiding, going to instances with 10 or 25 people, learning how to kill certain bosses. Sometimes taking a significant period of time. And for me the third stage is playing other classes, exploring all aspects of the game in my time off from playing my raiding 70. Raids are organized often by guild for specific times, usually in the evenings, so you can spend a few nights per week learning new bosses and annihilating known ones. For those with time restrictions the new daily's allow only 1-2 extra hours on top of this to get enough cash and materials to support a raiding character. Blizzard have given us choice in this game now. For me I am addicted. This game has many females playing it too. I am an over 50 yr old female who loves this game. The ageless, genderless, ethnicless wonderful world of Azeroth. Expand
  55. ChrisC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    The new races are fun to play, the questing is great, the plethora of new stuff to loot will beckon for hours, titillating in the spotlight as the players make their grabs; but the lore tie-ins and art design take the cake. The zones are massive and absolutely epic, beautiful and at the same time enormously deadly, instilling in the players a sense that this world was truly ripped apart The new races are fun to play, the questing is great, the plethora of new stuff to loot will beckon for hours, titillating in the spotlight as the players make their grabs; but the lore tie-ins and art design take the cake. The zones are massive and absolutely epic, beautiful and at the same time enormously deadly, instilling in the players a sense that this world was truly ripped apart by the most hated force in the entire universe, the Burning Legion. Encounters are epic, the items is fittingly themed with orbs of legendary energy and what-not, and that package is very solid. A must-have for WoW vets and those new to Azeroth; the demon-wracked plains of Draenor await. Expand
  56. JamesS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    The gap is astonishing within the user ratings, it's like half 10's and half 0's. Such emotional responses to this game, it seems to me that the people who gave it 0's are people who just hate it because of what others have said about it or playing another game and violently insist it's over-rated; and the people who say it's 10 are people who are addicted to The gap is astonishing within the user ratings, it's like half 10's and half 0's. Such emotional responses to this game, it seems to me that the people who gave it 0's are people who just hate it because of what others have said about it or playing another game and violently insist it's over-rated; and the people who say it's 10 are people who are addicted to the game play. I was really addicted to this game for a while, I would never turn down another activity to play it however. I have a level 70 Mage in this game. In the time I've played it's been really fun, what really captivates me about it is just how complete much of the world seems. The world as a whole is very unified and filled with very diverse creatures, items and environments; the plot is continuous, compelling and epic in scale; the graphics are stylized but work flawlessly with the intent of the game world. From a technical standpoint I haven't experienced any networking issues that cause me anything more than mild annoyance every two months or so. I feel that Blizzard has pulled off a technical marvel in having as little errors as they have had on the scale they are building on. The negative traits of the expansion are the negative traits of the original game but magnified. For everybody who hasn't reached level 70 yet, the game play changes completely after you reach level 70, the only things you can do after that point is grind, and it's magnified remember, so it takes almost four times as long as it did in the original to make progress. so to create a mid-high range level 70 item finding all the materials by yourself will require you to keep track of your cool-downs for anywhere from 4-28 days unless you want it to take longer, and a good 10-20 hours of grinding for other materials unless you want to pay a huge amount of game currency to get them faster. So the devotion required to get one of those items requires you to spend 8-26 hours grinding if you accomplish this in a month as I did, you will have spent 1/30th of your time that month getting an item in a video game. Since I got that hard won object I have had no desire to play that game since, I canceled my subscription eight days later. In addition to that, the news of another expansion pack will mean everybody who grinded for 200 hours in the original WoW to get the best items and found in the Burning Crusade those items can be replaced in an hours time, and also the people who will have grinded for 400 hours in the the Burning Crusade will probably find that their items can be replaced in as little as 4 hours time in the next expansion pack. The fact that there will be another expansion reduces the playability of this expansion and makes all that grinding for rep, gold and items that much more pointless. I paid $100 for this experience including four months subscription fee, before you buy this game, think of other forms of entertainment with an equivalent price tag, I'm not saying don't buy it, I had an enormous amount of fun with it till the event I mentioned. Expand
  57. MikeP.
    Aug 30, 2007
    A lot of new material that isn't necessarily a good thing, once you get to 70 you realize that the only thing to do is grind to get the materials for Items, for rep to get items and instances to get items. With that all said it's fun to explore everything and get new powers, but I think it kinda broke it's fan base. I had just gotten to 60 when the expansion came out, but I A lot of new material that isn't necessarily a good thing, once you get to 70 you realize that the only thing to do is grind to get the materials for Items, for rep to get items and instances to get items. With that all said it's fun to explore everything and get new powers, but I think it kinda broke it's fan base. I had just gotten to 60 when the expansion came out, but I would feel that for the people who had spent like 400 hours raiding before the expansion came out and had everything would be annoyed as hell that you can get better items just from playing the expansion for an hour. It's really well decorated grinding when it comes down to it. Furthermore, with the news of another expansion in the works it makes 30-40% of the content in this game pointless because the most powerful items in this game will be overshadowed in the first hour of the next one most likely. Expand
  58. SuperRogue
    Jul 29, 2007
    Whoever said this expansion is addictive is because they're newbs. They don't know it's the same old repetitive, boring, unintelligent rep and instance grinding. My time and money are better spent elsewhere.
  59. RobertC.
    Jul 20, 2007
    The end game ruins the game grind grind boring as hell. pvp is ok but too unbalanced especially the classes that fear you over and over and over wow fun.
  60. BrendanB.
    Jul 12, 2007
    It's an okay expansion, but with endless gridning and almost the exact same things but with different looks(except the flying mounts which are fun for about 5 minutes) it could of been much better.
  61. AnthonyO
    May 9, 2007
    This was by far one of the worst expansions I have ever played. I remember when Diablo II: LoD came out and I was more addicted to a game that I had ever been. When Burning Crusade came out I lvled up to 70 in a bit over a week, did a couple of weeks of instances, pvp, and rep grinding, and then found myself bored as hell. They also should have named it the Grinding Crusade because once This was by far one of the worst expansions I have ever played. I remember when Diablo II: LoD came out and I was more addicted to a game that I had ever been. When Burning Crusade came out I lvled up to 70 in a bit over a week, did a couple of weeks of instances, pvp, and rep grinding, and then found myself bored as hell. They also should have named it the Grinding Crusade because once you hit 70 anything you would really want requires stupid amounts of grinding and i'm not talking at all about your first flying mount. I had the gold by 70 to get my mount and skill and had bought tons of expensive stuff before I even hit 70. It's the fact that when you rep grind and such generally there is only 1 item or so per rep that you want meaning you have to grind soo many different reps if you want some decent rewards. Also with flying mounts, they are probably the only change to the actual gameplay, and even then they are really just a method of transportation. You can't do anything interesting on them aside from fly to different areas and as cool as it may sound it gets boring extremely fast. I even had an epic flying mount before I quit and still wasn't overly excited. Maybe it is just me but I will warn you many of my friends have quit for pretty much the same reasons I have listed and many more that would take way too long to list. I definitely do not recommend this game, especially not for someone considering getting back into WoW. All new boring content and no gameplay enhancement/changes. Expand
  62. OnurYuksel
    May 6, 2007
    I am playing WOW more than 2 year.I have paladin 70 level.but I really bored playing Wow.Before patch everything is perfect.Our guild members and me love playing it.We made hundreds of BWL MC A.Q and Naxx. we got our Sets T1 T2 T2.5. T3 nearly playing 1 year and more raids.We gave our all.After the BC patch Level 63 items are better than our T3 T2 T1 items.that means Blizzard forgetI am playing WOW more than 2 year.I have paladin 70 level.but I really bored playing Wow.Before patch everything is perfect.Our guild members and me love playing it.We made hundreds of BWL MC A.Q and Naxx. we got our Sets T1 T2 T2.5. T3 nearly playing 1 year and more raids.We gave our all.After the BC patch Level 63 items are better than our T3 T2 T1 items.that means Blizzard forget and don t think our efforts.Then I think when we again start Raid for T4 T5 .Blizzard again will release other patch to 80 level or up.Also our efforts will gone ! So dont play BC...... Expand
  63. KevinL.
    May 5, 2007
    World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same game, only more. Sort of like getting 2 shirts. Both of em are shirts, but ones better. Kind of like Burning Crusade. Its like the reguler World of Warraft, only better. Expand
  64. CaseyM.
    Apr 18, 2007
    This is a completely overrated expansion to an overrated MMORPG. I don't think any other game in the history of gaming compares to the biased reviews this game has received altogether, and apparently that is what has gave Blizzard a hefty revenue to spend absolutely none of it on enhancing the gameplay. WoW:BC has added 10 new levels in order to help you make your days of (endgame?) This is a completely overrated expansion to an overrated MMORPG. I don't think any other game in the history of gaming compares to the biased reviews this game has received altogether, and apparently that is what has gave Blizzard a hefty revenue to spend absolutely none of it on enhancing the gameplay. WoW:BC has added 10 new levels in order to help you make your days of (endgame?) raiding go completely obsolete. Reading all these reviews, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I found out they were bribed. New locations, characters, items and monsters compliment a 100 score? The belief that WoW has changed MMORPG history has burned so many undesirable images in my mind that suicide isn't far from a subtle replacement. Expand
  65. SangyeJ.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Adds a wealth of new and exciting content. This is one monster of an expansion!
  66. GeeMorin
    Apr 13, 2007
    So freakin addictive!
  67. Jeff
    Apr 12, 2007
    Perhaps the most boring expansion pack ever released.
  68. DerekM.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I personally hate the game for one reason and its not because the expansion. Mainly because blizzard didnt follow the original story line very well. As being the gamer I am I rather like if somehting has a good stroy line and follows previous ones at that. I should have gave it a zero but then that wouldnt be right cause if the game had followed the story line of the previous i would have I personally hate the game for one reason and its not because the expansion. Mainly because blizzard didnt follow the original story line very well. As being the gamer I am I rather like if somehting has a good stroy line and follows previous ones at that. I should have gave it a zero but then that wouldnt be right cause if the game had followed the story line of the previous i would have gave it a 10. If you havent played the original dont play WoW please. Expand
  69. JakeT.
    Apr 12, 2007
    The Burning Crusade is hard to rate. The leveling from 60 to 70 was really nice, but at the moment you´re hitting 70 there´s nothing different than at 60. Two weeks after getting lvl 70 I feel just boring in the game and I see no reason why to go on playing the game.
  70. MaxD.
    Apr 9, 2007
    This expansion pack adds a nice addition to Wow but i am disappointed in it. The two new races and the Outlands are cool but other than that it doesn't really help characters from lvls 1-40 it is a waste of $30
  71. SebastianB.
    Apr 7, 2007
    A boring game which makes people addicted! Don't start playing cause you can't stop again. And the graphics is nothing compared to many other games.
  72. DerickC.
    Apr 2, 2007
    I was expecting the expansion to be nothing short of a major improvement of the World of Warcraft such as the Frozen Throne expansion for Warcraft 3. This was sadly wrong, as this expansion had not, in my opinion added enough content into the original to make it more appealing to new players then it was before. The game still has the same repetitive gameplay and features. Even something I was expecting the expansion to be nothing short of a major improvement of the World of Warcraft such as the Frozen Throne expansion for Warcraft 3. This was sadly wrong, as this expansion had not, in my opinion added enough content into the original to make it more appealing to new players then it was before. The game still has the same repetitive gameplay and features. Even something like a minor graphic update would have been welcomed. Despite these points, the expansion is still very effective in terms of giving current World of Warcraft players more things to do and run around for. However, I don't think that wasting 40 dollars is worth it as they should have given the content for free. Expand
  73. TomG.
    Mar 26, 2007
    Here's another insanely terrible game from Blizzard. I think they're just starting to not care about their games. Sure there's new stuff to explore, but that's pretty much it. All you're doing is wasting $40 initally, and then another $15 every month. There's also no improvements to the engine. It looks decent enough, but there's no modern day features, Here's another insanely terrible game from Blizzard. I think they're just starting to not care about their games. Sure there's new stuff to explore, but that's pretty much it. All you're doing is wasting $40 initally, and then another $15 every month. There's also no improvements to the engine. It looks decent enough, but there's no modern day features, specifically, High Dynamic Range light blooming. This is something Blizzard should have taken advantage of. Do yourself a favor and save some money. Pass the World of Warcraft series all together. Expand
  74. JasonR.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Exactly the same over-done repeated things you did for the first 60 levels, only with tree's and hills in different spots. If your lucky a different looking mob but no real advancement to anything but your level count. Graphics, Questing, Crafting system(with the exception of adding a new crafting type) basically haven't changed. Just means longer fights for less reward and the Exactly the same over-done repeated things you did for the first 60 levels, only with tree's and hills in different spots. If your lucky a different looking mob but no real advancement to anything but your level count. Graphics, Questing, Crafting system(with the exception of adding a new crafting type) basically haven't changed. Just means longer fights for less reward and the endless cycle of boredom that is WoW continues. Expand
  75. SamuelC.
    Mar 3, 2007
  76. CarlC.
    Mar 1, 2007
    A little disappointing but it does add new content. Not what I expected.
  77. BenJ.
    Feb 28, 2007
    WoW needs to die, and this expansion is not helping. This expansion adds repetitive missions and does not improve anything about the game. Compared to other expansions out there, this seems like being handed a cup of sewage and told to pony up money. Sorry, but WoW has already blinded gamers' eyes from the actually decent titles, and this is just another blindfold over their eyes.
  78. JamesP.
    Feb 19, 2007
    The depth of the quests in Shadowmoon Valley alone give this game an amazing feeling, this expansion is the better game of its predecessors, the new races come at a very good time and dungeons have become an excellent challenge, lag and stuff may sometimes be still an issue butthis still gets a 10 from me, not disappointed by 1 bit, this game is *EPIC*.
  79. EhrenM.
    Feb 16, 2007
    Same mechanics all my characters have been through in wow, this expansion just adds more content to keep you in line and paying. Same old low-end and outdated cartoonish graphics, that don't make use of new modeling and lighting techniques which made basically every other game now so gorgeous. This game feels very old on my system to be honest. As above, no improvement in gameplay, Same mechanics all my characters have been through in wow, this expansion just adds more content to keep you in line and paying. Same old low-end and outdated cartoonish graphics, that don't make use of new modeling and lighting techniques which made basically every other game now so gorgeous. This game feels very old on my system to be honest. As above, no improvement in gameplay, even the quests feel the same, only new content that willl last you a few more months. Just compare this not as an MMO, but a game by itself with most games out there in the past 2 years and I'll be perfectly clear to those who are not already hopelessly addicted. Expand
  80. SamG.
    Feb 16, 2007
    The best add on I have seen, the graphics are good and there is more to explore.
  81. AndyC.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Simply awesome - if you like WoW you need to buy this!
  82. ThornR.
    Feb 12, 2007
    After doing almost everything I could as a lvl 60 I am to be able to play this game. Now a lvl 70, I have so much more end game content to explore. This expansion was well worth the money and the wait.
  83. Mick
    Feb 11, 2007
    The new zones that TBC offers are very cool, but the level process from 60-70 can feel like a grind due to the repetitive nature of the quests. (ie Kill x number of these, collect y number of those) I was hoping for alot more variety in quests.
  84. AngieW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Most wonderful addition to the game, the new Draenei race is the perfect Alliance addition.
  85. JA
    Feb 1, 2007
    As much as I am floored by the beauty of the new sci-fi influenced zones and impressed by the cool new races and profession, I can't help but feel disappointed because The burning Crusade fails to really add any depth to the game. It just adds more space. In a month players will be in the same position they were at level 60 - running instances over and over and wasting $15 a month As much as I am floored by the beauty of the new sci-fi influenced zones and impressed by the cool new races and profession, I can't help but feel disappointed because The burning Crusade fails to really add any depth to the game. It just adds more space. In a month players will be in the same position they were at level 60 - running instances over and over and wasting $15 a month (which feels more and more like a rip off as WoW's subscribers break 8 million +) until the NEXT expansion lets them level a little more. I do not blame anyone who chooses to quit. Expand
  86. PhillipM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is a fantastic game to play. I am personally a 62 Paladin and working my way into the higher ranks. The fact that theres tonnes of new things like abilities, races, talents, professions... the list goes on. Its probably not helpful to those not around the level 60 area, but for those who are, they're in for one heck of a journey!
  87. MicahM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    The Burning Crusade is everything an expansion should be. My only complaint is the relatively limited amount of content aimed toward casual and new players; the (admittedly ubiquitous) Blood Elf and (less appealing) Draenei starting zones force players into the "real Word of Warcraft" a bit too early without establishing enough genuine character of their own. All in all, though, a job The Burning Crusade is everything an expansion should be. My only complaint is the relatively limited amount of content aimed toward casual and new players; the (admittedly ubiquitous) Blood Elf and (less appealing) Draenei starting zones force players into the "real Word of Warcraft" a bit too early without establishing enough genuine character of their own. All in all, though, a job well done--and certainly leagues beyond its competitors. Expand
  88. AnonymousMC
    Jan 29, 2007
    For 40$, the expansion gives new high level content, one new profession, some increased PvP options, and two new races with starting areas. The high level content includes new items, new zones, new music, and new monsters. If you're up by 60, this is awesome for you. The new races have brand new starting areas, story, and quests for low levels. Everyone from level 20-40 will For 40$, the expansion gives new high level content, one new profession, some increased PvP options, and two new races with starting areas. The high level content includes new items, new zones, new music, and new monsters. If you're up by 60, this is awesome for you. The new races have brand new starting areas, story, and quests for low levels. Everyone from level 20-40 will experience little change, unless they start a new character or begin jewelcrafting. Content for players from 20-59 has remained for the most part unchanged, so players in that bracket get little if any benefit from this expansion. Expand
  89. Darkslayer
    Jan 29, 2007
    Lots to do, beautiful music, pretty much 0 bugs and server disconnects, Blizzard has delivered the goods with their latest expansion pack. While the graphics are aging, they remain stylish and clean. And yes, the quests can becoming boring after a while, but any fighting you do (esp from a Warlock's perspective) is challenging and fast paced. Plus, the game community (at least on my Lots to do, beautiful music, pretty much 0 bugs and server disconnects, Blizzard has delivered the goods with their latest expansion pack. While the graphics are aging, they remain stylish and clean. And yes, the quests can becoming boring after a while, but any fighting you do (esp from a Warlock's perspective) is challenging and fast paced. Plus, the game community (at least on my server) is very good. Lots of friendly players, very few a******s. Bottom line is; I'm not sure why so many endusers aren't that pleased with this expansion pack. Blizzard has given us WoW players everything we could want plus even more. Expand
  90. JesusC
    Jan 29, 2007
    An uninspiring expansion; it's the same old game packaged in a new shiny box. Between the grinding, the Barrens chat, and the tedious raiding you should all see that WoW is a crappy game that sucks the life out of you simply because you have hopes of making your character better. Your character doesn't exist IRL by the way.
  91. aidonispanos
    Jan 27, 2007
    Perfect game for this kind..!!!!
  92. Alex
    Jan 26, 2007
    i think i'm missing something. WoW has over 7 million players, most of which are rabbid fans of the series. why don't i like it? maybe its the repetitive and mundane tasks that clog the game. maybe its the auto attack feature. or maybe its just because the game is juat plain boring to me. whatever the case, neither WoW or Burning Crusade will be seeing any of my hard-earned cash i think i'm missing something. WoW has over 7 million players, most of which are rabbid fans of the series. why don't i like it? maybe its the repetitive and mundane tasks that clog the game. maybe its the auto attack feature. or maybe its just because the game is juat plain boring to me. whatever the case, neither WoW or Burning Crusade will be seeing any of my hard-earned cash any time soon. probably the only thing it has going for it is that the character creation is pretty cool, and the game runs fairly smooth for an MMORPG of that size. 0.5 out of 10. Expand
  93. SteveK.
    Jan 25, 2007
    You have to score big points to Blizz for all of the amazing new content - new bestiary, new instances, new environments, new gear, etc. It's clear they put a lot of effort into it, and of course it is more of the same. If you like WoW, you will like BC, but if you don't like it, well, don't be so shocked if you don't like BC. But what keeps me from giving this a 10 is You have to score big points to Blizz for all of the amazing new content - new bestiary, new instances, new environments, new gear, etc. It's clear they put a lot of effort into it, and of course it is more of the same. If you like WoW, you will like BC, but if you don't like it, well, don't be so shocked if you don't like BC. But what keeps me from giving this a 10 is that something strange is setting in for me with WoW. After playing BC for a couple weeks and seeing a lot of the new content. I'm starting to get bored and the game is becoming less fun. Maybe it's the lack of a challenge. Everything seems so by the numbers and I'm not even getting excited by the gear really. It's still WoW, but it's lacking the "wow" if you know what I mean. Expand
  94. AnotherGuy
    Jan 24, 2007
    I love how 'Some Guy' gave this expansion a '2' and hasn't even played it. He's only 'checked it out' at a friend's house. Nice basis for a review! I'm only two levels past 60 and the new content is perfect for those players who felt that the previous endgame was catering too strongly to 40-man raiding guilds. There's a boatload ofI love how 'Some Guy' gave this expansion a '2' and hasn't even played it. He's only 'checked it out' at a friend's house. Nice basis for a review! I'm only two levels past 60 and the new content is perfect for those players who felt that the previous endgame was catering too strongly to 40-man raiding guilds. There's a boatload of solo quests - I've completed 15 already in just the first zone and I keep getting more - the new instances are dynamic 5-man affairs with memorable boss fights, and faction rep plays a much larger role: there are a huge amount of new factions with their own special rewards for gaining reputation. It's still too early to fully review this expansion (which only makes Some Guy's review even more laughable) but so far it holds much promise. Expand
  95. DuncanN.
    Jan 23, 2007
    I gave this a 3, because it's a must-have if you enjoy boring and repetitive tasks, but have OD'd on match-stick pictographs and stamp collecting. The main draw for WoW fans here are the soon-to-be ubiquitous Blood Elves, and the Pandare--- opps, Draenei; and the fact that they haven't upset the gameplay by introducing any frightening new innovations such as I gave this a 3, because it's a must-have if you enjoy boring and repetitive tasks, but have OD'd on match-stick pictographs and stamp collecting. The main draw for WoW fans here are the soon-to-be ubiquitous Blood Elves, and the Pandare--- opps, Draenei; and the fact that they haven't upset the gameplay by introducing any frightening new innovations such as 'interactivity' and 'fun'. Expand
  96. SomeGuy
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game has been going too long...people are losing their lives with this game and I'm now no longer one of them. This add-on isn't worth the $40. I went to a friends house to check it out and realized it's not worth the money. I also realized it's just a game and not worth the time. I've given it a "2" because if it was only $20 or less it would get a "8"This game has been going too long...people are losing their lives with this game and I'm now no longer one of them. This add-on isn't worth the $40. I went to a friends house to check it out and realized it's not worth the money. I also realized it's just a game and not worth the time. I've given it a "2" because if it was only $20 or less it would get a "8" but because it's $40 I will give it a very poor rating...just another way to give us not much for our money. Expand
  97. LoganH.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Great story, ALOT of new content added, and the two new races are AMAZING! A MUST BUY IF YOU OWN World of Warcraft!
  98. Hyjal
    Jan 21, 2007
    L2P if you gave this less than a 8. This game pwns GW. The xp is fantastic. First set of quests are new and fresh. Most people will upgrade their gear within 3hrs of playing, unless you have full T2 or T3. And the quests let you make a TON of gold. I had made over 35g in 1hr via quests. This game was way worth the $$$. Thanks Blizzard for all your hard work and a great xp! Keep it up!
  99. AdamR.
    Jan 20, 2007
    Does not fix most of the problems of WoW like laggy servers, does not add any depth to an already boring game which centers on grinding monsters to do the fun bit which is raiding WoW and Burning crusade should be free if you are going to be charged such a large subscription per month to play them There are many better games out there to spend your time on, WoW just seems to be a way for Does not fix most of the problems of WoW like laggy servers, does not add any depth to an already boring game which centers on grinding monsters to do the fun bit which is raiding WoW and Burning crusade should be free if you are going to be charged such a large subscription per month to play them There are many better games out there to spend your time on, WoW just seems to be a way for people to waste time and escape life Expand
  100. MaxE.
    Jan 20, 2007
    I don't really understand, why some people are so negative towards The Burning Crusade. All in all it's a great expansion pack for a great MMORPG. There's lots of new and really interesting content: new territories to explore, new quests to complete, new spells to learn... it's definitely a must have for anyone, who loved WoW, even if it's not flawless (which I don't really understand, why some people are so negative towards The Burning Crusade. All in all it's a great expansion pack for a great MMORPG. There's lots of new and really interesting content: new territories to explore, new quests to complete, new spells to learn... it's definitely a must have for anyone, who loved WoW, even if it's not flawless (which it's not, of course). Expand
  101. Mar 23, 2011

1. New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
  3. Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.