7.2

1. Jul 13, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  2. Mar 23, 2011
    The time when World of Warcraft was THE MMO. It wasn't the down-booted bantha crap that is now. This was the time when the game made you actually think about tactics, professions and others. Hell, if you compare the mounts' level and prices, you should know what I mean: Vanilla: Lvl40: around 100g,normal mount. Cataclysm/WOTLK: Lvl40: less than 100g and EPIC mount. Getting Items wasThe time when World of Warcraft was THE MMO. It wasn't the down-booted bantha crap that is now. This was the time when the game made you actually think about tactics, professions and others. Hell, if you compare the mounts' level and prices, you should know what I mean: Vanilla: Lvl40: around 100g,normal mount. Cataclysm/WOTLK: Lvl40: less than 100g and EPIC mount. Getting Items was another thing. When I got my first epic item, I was incredibly happy (I still remember which item it was). In newer expansions: Completely unexperienced kids running around in Full Epic because they did a heroic with some other kid who MIGHT had some XP in the game. I even had a full-epic off set from the stupid Triumph badges that dropped from heroics. To sum up, If you feel yourself as a beginner in MMOs, you might wanna try the newer Expansions first, but when you're tired of the no-challanges, you'll defineatly wanna try one of the Vanilla Private servers. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2011
    It was as good as it gets back in the day. However, that time is gone. Most of the content in the World of Warcraft set the standards for every major mmo to come. Speaking from today.. the content is extremely stale, and very unbalanced due to badly designed expansion packs. If you end up playing or are playing this game keep in mind that the content is focused on PvE and waste your lifeIt was as good as it gets back in the day. However, that time is gone. Most of the content in the World of Warcraft set the standards for every major mmo to come. Speaking from today.. the content is extremely stale, and very unbalanced due to badly designed expansion packs. If you end up playing or are playing this game keep in mind that the content is focused on PvE and waste your life away raiding schedules. As for PvP, the game has no real PvP focus, it never has, they just offer it. Regarding the future of this game, it's already undergoing a slow painful death. If your willing to purchase 100+ dollars in expansions and a subscription on top of that by all means go ahead. Just keep in mind it's not as good as it was. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2011
    I'll do a short-ish review: At start it was good, after Vanilla it started to go down. Especially after Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard has truly ran out of ideas. If it becomes F2P or they remove monthly fee, I might continue playing it. (Yes I have played it!)
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    If you are a gamer and haven't played World of Warcraft then you must give it a go. It is one of the most fascinating and engrossing experiences you will have in a game. The world is immense and varied. The classes all offer unique and interesting play styles. The depth of the game mechanics takes months of play to realise its full potential. Be prepared to lose some of your free timeIf you are a gamer and haven't played World of Warcraft then you must give it a go. It is one of the most fascinating and engrossing experiences you will have in a game. The world is immense and varied. The classes all offer unique and interesting play styles. The depth of the game mechanics takes months of play to realise its full potential. Be prepared to lose some of your free time because once you are hooked you will want to play every chance you can get. It can be 'turned down' to run on low end systems or 'turned up' to run on high end systems. Don't hesitate if you haven't tried it. If you get really involved in it, you won't be disappointed. I give it a 10 because its is the best game I have ever played for an extended period of time. Expand
  6. Jan 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is in my opinion, the best MMORPG ever created, and still is today. People may often say the game is bad because of "unbalance", but in reality, it's the best it can be and the most high quality MMO on the market. I highly recommend this game for anybody who has ever had the slightest interest in RPGs. Expand
  7. Jun 20, 2012
    I literally just jumped on the WoW wagon last week with a few friends. I have to say the games been fun! I have great internet though I do encounter Ip disagreements so sometimes I cant get online but when I do it's overall enjoyable. I was very anti-WoW for a long time but all you out there who haven't tried it, it's free to play, so why not!
  8. BlakeT.
    Dec 2, 2004
    A near-perfect game with mass appeal and amazing potential for growth. First, let me say I played EQ2 for a full month. Although it is also a fun game, it won't run smoothy on most modern machines and sticks to heavily to the MMO status quo. I choose WoW over EQ2 and I've never looked back. One of the best things about WoW is the philosophy behind the design of the game. The A near-perfect game with mass appeal and amazing potential for growth. First, let me say I played EQ2 for a full month. Although it is also a fun game, it won't run smoothy on most modern machines and sticks to heavily to the MMO status quo. I choose WoW over EQ2 and I've never looked back. One of the best things about WoW is the philosophy behind the design of the game. The game believes more in rewards than punishment - something 99% of MMOs haven't learned yet. When you die, you don't lose experience in WoW. When you go on quests (and there are tons for every character level), you usually get a large experience reward and something extra like special armor, rings, potions, etc. I'm much less frustrated playing this MMO than I was in SWG, EQ2, or even CoH. Because it is so rewarding, it is incredibly fun. And, it doesn't take a year to get your character to its highest level. But, don't be misled, just because it is run, has few punishments, and is easy to level doesn't mean it isn't challenging and difficult in all the right areas. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  9. DillonN.
    May 5, 2006
    this game is the greatst game the world has to offer simply the greatest and most fun anyone will have to me its kind of like an alt world its that fun its certainly the most fun game anyone i know has played and i highly recomend anyone to at least try it once but know that once you start you will not ever want to stop.
  10. RobertB.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This is an excellent game. The graphics, though not the most technically impressive you'll see, are very well styled and just look great. Finding and forming groups is less necessary, but also more casually and easily done in tihs game than other MMOs I've played (EQ1 and FF11). Quests are well designed and worthwhile. Though the race/class choices are somewhat more limited than This is an excellent game. The graphics, though not the most technically impressive you'll see, are very well styled and just look great. Finding and forming groups is less necessary, but also more casually and easily done in tihs game than other MMOs I've played (EQ1 and FF11). Quests are well designed and worthwhile. Though the race/class choices are somewhat more limited than many other MMOs, meaningful differences between races (including abilities that are specific to certain race/class combos) and the talent system means that you can customize and differentiate your character in interesting ways. Death is handled well, also ... instead of wiping out potentially hours worth of progress, it usually works out to be an inconvenience and minor setback. What keeps me from giving this game a higher score is the fact that, in its CURRENT state, it is a little rough around the edges. Server downtime is relatively high, lag (on their end) occasionally rears its ugly head. The in game mail system, for myself and many others, is broken in such a way that you can't write messages to other players. Overall, it seems like a great game that can be casually enjoyed, but also enjoyed in great depth by a more intense "powergamer" as well. Expand
  11. LeventeS.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Great game awsome gameplay good graphics sweet envrironment super PvP cool spells...the only thng is that it has "some" grind. I feel sorta guilty while playing this game(and killing boars for hours) I just started the game, downloaded trial its seems sorta grindy sometime but I think that by lvl 10 it will be more fun. So i decided that I will buy the game and pay the stupid $15 a month Great game awsome gameplay good graphics sweet envrironment super PvP cool spells...the only thng is that it has "some" grind. I feel sorta guilty while playing this game(and killing boars for hours) I just started the game, downloaded trial its seems sorta grindy sometime but I think that by lvl 10 it will be more fun. So i decided that I will buy the game and pay the stupid $15 a month for around a year then I will quit (its irresisteble). Expand
  12. Jun 10, 2012
    World of Warcraft is the best MMO I have played. Its pvp, dungeons, and classes are all fantastic. However, I feel that character customization should be improved. Also, once you get to the point where you can raid it requires a lot of time and effort to be allowed to raid by other players.
  13. Aug 31, 2012
    *This review is for World of Warcraft "Vanilla" and in general. I'll make separate reviews for each expansion. *World of Warcraft of course is still "king" of mmos and for many it was there first experience playing an MMO, myself included. World of Warcraft gave me 6+ years of satisfying gaming entertainment before I started to become bored of it about a year ago. *Blizzard is always*This review is for World of Warcraft "Vanilla" and in general. I'll make separate reviews for each expansion. *World of Warcraft of course is still "king" of mmos and for many it was there first experience playing an MMO, myself included. World of Warcraft gave me 6+ years of satisfying gaming entertainment before I started to become bored of it about a year ago. *Blizzard is always adding new content to the game, adding new features to the game for better quality of life for the players and polishing and improving the features already in the game. Blizzard is always experimenting with new technologies to improve the game (phasing, cross-server grouping, etc.) and is not afraid to take risks. Many times new things they add are successful, occasionally they are not, but Blizzard is not afraid to admit mistakes and take actions to fix things later. *Blizzards customer service has treated me like a King on the few occasions that I have had problems. I can count on one hand the times I've needed to contact technical and customer support so that's quite an achievement when I've been playing the game for 7 years, 6 years full time that I've only had a few issues over the years.

*The game is very fun to play. The quests and the characters are often very humorous and are also often parodies of real pop culture people and events. It's nice that the game does not take itself too seriously. I think it is the light-hearted humour that has made me feel most at home in the world of Azeroth for my years of spending time there.

*The original "Vanilla" World of Warcraft was not perfect, but it was excellent for the time when it was released and it has set the standard for what other MMOs need to aim for so for that I must give it a 10 rating.
  14. Jan 20, 2013
    WoW has been considered one of the best online games ever created it takes you to a whole different world full of strange stuff. You can personalize your character and upgrade his gear by the time you level up.
    But the only bad thing is that it is addicting as hell you can spend there 3-4 hours without noticing it , i'll recommended only in vacations for your own good.
  15. Feb 10, 2014
    This is the best game ever. You may get people saying, "Oh, this game's graphics are terrible, and dated!" I say that the game is almost ten years old and is ageing surprisingly well. Some may say, "Oh, the mechanics are old and boring!" To you I say, 7.9 million people believe that these mechanics are entertaining and fun, and have kept them playing to this day. This game is the perfectThis is the best game ever. You may get people saying, "Oh, this game's graphics are terrible, and dated!" I say that the game is almost ten years old and is ageing surprisingly well. Some may say, "Oh, the mechanics are old and boring!" To you I say, 7.9 million people believe that these mechanics are entertaining and fun, and have kept them playing to this day. This game is the perfect blend of humour, epic moments, teamwork, and all around fun that any gamer could ask for. WoW, I salute you, old friend. Expand
  16. Apr 17, 2013
    Let me start this review as a message towards other reviews. THIS IS A PAGE FOR VANILLA WOW REVIEWS. Stop reviewing its expansions, there are separate pages for that. I read reviews that said it was great during vanilla (which means original essentially, or before the expansions) but bad when expansions came in. Uhhhh hello? Then review the expansions and give it a low review.

This

This review may be useless, considering it no longer exists, but the original WOW was amazing. This game defined the MMORPG. Everything about it has been reused and mimicked by other MMORPGS because, lets admit it, this is as good as it gets. I understand that it sucks the life from you (it did for me) but in order to be able to do that, or to get people willing to put up to 8 hours a day into it means that it is good right? Who would put that much time voluntarily into something they don't like?
  17. Jan 13, 2014
    This is the most epic and fun game in the world!!! if you don't want to buy you can play FREE on starter edition ( play to level 20 ) ( you can do quest or dungeon etc ) the standard edtion is not expensive so what do you waiting for.....
  18. Aug 16, 2013
    Definitely the best Mmorpg out there. It keeps me entertained for hours and I never get bored of it. The new patches and expansions always add new content to keep me playing for hours. Graphics don't look that amazing, but they were never a factor to me. WoW Ftw!
  19. Oct 6, 2013
    Giving this game low score for other reason than this game's age I think, is complete nonsense or as in my country's tongue, 'hunger for some public attention'. This game first released on what, 2004? 5? Since then, I couldn't find a SINGLE replacement for the online MMORPG genre. And I'm from Korea, a country made out of online games. I agree that the game is no more enjoyable than theGiving this game low score for other reason than this game's age I think, is complete nonsense or as in my country's tongue, 'hunger for some public attention'. This game first released on what, 2004? 5? Since then, I couldn't find a SINGLE replacement for the online MMORPG genre. And I'm from Korea, a country made out of online games. I agree that the game is no more enjoyable than the previous WOW titles. Half or quarter value at best. But c'mon... This game is beyond the boundary of legendary. Show some respect. Rawrr Expand
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    World of Warcraft is simply an amazing game that features endless innovation and growth. Additional content and ever changing character balance tweaks keep players challenged. Each expansion introduces new character classes and changes. Players that want to "Finish" the game are missing the point. World of Warcraft is a sandbox game there is no end. You are never forced to doWorld of Warcraft is simply an amazing game that features endless innovation and growth. Additional content and ever changing character balance tweaks keep players challenged. Each expansion introduces new character classes and changes. Players that want to "Finish" the game are missing the point. World of Warcraft is a sandbox game there is no end. You are never forced to do anything in the game, you can even level cap and tweak your character at a particular level. Leveling options are expansive to say the least with at least 7 that I am aware of; 1. Follow Quest Chains and do quests. 2. Farm Mobs without regard for quests. 3. Play PVP Battlegrounds. 4. Do Mining or Herbalism to gain experience. 5. Do dungeons and raids. 6. Engage in Pet Battles. 7. Complete seasonal quests.

The game has a wide range of Professions that can be followed and levelled and features a very active trading community via the Auction House or in-game trade.

Although deployment of expansions or occasional content updates usually have some bugs or glitches, up until now Blizzard has always fixed or removed content that causes problems.

Given the choice between paying for World of Warcraft subscription or buying a new game each month the choice is an easy one for Millions of World of Warcraft players.

For those who claim "Vanilla WOW was the best", they are ignoring the occasional upgrades to the graphic engine, innovation to skill trees, quest assistance which eliminates the need of quest helper add-ons.

Most regular players play for a few to several hours a week, however there are some players who simply have to be the best and end up sacrificing disproportionate time for rewards gained. This is not a game issue though, it is a player issue.

World of Warcraft creates an illusion of a living, ever changing environment and has generated a backdrop of Lore entrenched in ageless conflicts and subterfuge and betrayals.

Trying to level as fast as possible is almost futile and detracts from the enjoyment that can be derived from just exploring everything the game has to offer and enjoying level appropriate content and challenges.

Because the game is massively multiplayer with a strong interaction focus players may experience both good and bad interactions in the game and each guild will have a different feel based on the Guild master's guild design choices, morals, ethics and of course the general membership in the guild. Some guilds are helpful, while others exploit their members, so players may need to do quite a bit of guild hopping to find a guild that suits their game focus and social requirement.

Players who respond negatively are most likely experiencing "Resistance to Change", however the one thing this game does expect from players is to constantly respond to continuous change and progression.

Blizzard also regularly re-balance the game creating subtle imbalances which shift advantages and disadvantages between classes of character or talent specializations within a class. The deck gets shuffled more or less with each expansion or new PVP arena season.

Players can expect to get many years of top notch interactive enjoyment as Blizzard devotes a lot of resources to keep changing, updating and enhancing the game. How many more expansions there will be is difficult to assess, but it is certain that players have at least one or two more to look forward to after Mists of Pandaria.

This game has a lot to offer, and Blizzard have done a fine job maintaining a steady growth of new content and challenges. This game is overwhelming in that there is always something new to do and often not enough time to do it all. However for the many years of quality and dedication this game deserves the highest score possible.
  21. Oct 24, 2013
    Pre expansion WoW was possibly the best game I've ever played. It felt like a living world, so immersive. It may not have been perfect but perhaps those less convenient things only added to the experience. I have only good memories of those days and I still listen to the soundtracks and think back to a time where life was so simple and carefree hanging out in westfall, goldshire,Pre expansion WoW was possibly the best game I've ever played. It felt like a living world, so immersive. It may not have been perfect but perhaps those less convenient things only added to the experience. I have only good memories of those days and I still listen to the soundtracks and think back to a time where life was so simple and carefree hanging out in westfall, goldshire, stormwind, ironforge and the bonding time with my brother and friends. It just had so much to offer and so many different environments. What I really like is that the world was so big that there were places that were just there. Unfortunate that the expansions lost touch somehow and that they are dragging this game out still. But for what it was back then, it deserves a solid 10. Expand
  22. Jan 29, 2014
    Amazing game, fun classes, great missions, great bosses, a huge variety of spells attacks, melee attacks, and ranged attacks. Fun market, and shops, however there is a crappy community in WOW.
  23. Jun 3, 2014
    This is the best video game (by far) of the many our family has played and owns. There are so many different ways this game can be played that the possibilities are nearly endless. I have adult and teenage children and we all play together and work to accomplish common goals. We are able to stay in touch and spend time together in 3 different states!
  24. AlexP.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Those of you who are complaining because Blizzard won't respond- suck it up. Do you know how many people e-mail Blizzard everyday because of their problems? Stop whining! Stop crying! You try answering 5000 e-mails a day! A great game. You will be addicted. The only con is that you must pay fifteen dollars a month.
  25. MaxD.
    Apr 9, 2007
    This is a great MMO that's worth every penny of the monthly fee. Everything about it is great, except for one thing, it has the same old Xp. System of every other MMO, kiil for xp
  26. JettT.
    Mar 18, 2007
    I thoroughly enjoy this great game, it was still possible to run on a measly 256MB RAM, it'll be much better with more RAM though.
  27. J.Lewis
    Nov 16, 2004
    Really really fun in Beta, can't wait to see it take off...
  28. SaschaP.
    Nov 16, 2004
    A very well designed game with high fun factor.
  29. Stevel
    Nov 19, 2004
    I played in beta for about 3 weeks and fell in love with the game. Just so much fun.
  30. DavidL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    An addictive game in an addictive world of magic and myth. World of Warcraft is one of the few games that bridges the gap between the power and casual gamer with it's unique 'rested experience'. All in all, I am going to be losing a lot of sleep on this one.
  31. SeniorCoconut
    Dec 12, 2004
    This is a shining beacon in the history of video game design. A phenomenal experience right out of the box.
  32. KyleL
    Sep 19, 2009
    This is 1 of the best games that I have ever played. This mmo is a fun and engaging experience and the only MMO that I could get hooked on EVER! Sure it is addicting, it is hard to level and there is a limit of two proffessions, it is still a good game.
  33. ChristianS
    Sep 28, 2009
    A game that has sparked board games, trading cards, books, and graphic novels. This game has been praised and mocked, but all in all nobody can say this is a bad game, even if it ruined your life. Be warned, don't live your life in the game, it's gonna kill you in real life.
  34. J.D.
    Nov 24, 2004
    Extremely bumpy launch -- the only reason I have time to write this quick review is because of the extreme and unplayable server lag due to an unanticipatedly (Really, Blizzard? You really had no idea?) large following who desperately want to play. As usual there are promises that they will work these issues out and I have every confidence in a company like Blizzard to hold true to these Extremely bumpy launch -- the only reason I have time to write this quick review is because of the extreme and unplayable server lag due to an unanticipatedly (Really, Blizzard? You really had no idea?) large following who desperately want to play. As usual there are promises that they will work these issues out and I have every confidence in a company like Blizzard to hold true to these promises. Wonderfully immersive world and storyline + solid gameplay mechanics and enlightening quest system = best current MMORPG on the market. Expand
  35. Nau
    Aug 25, 2010
    I've played this game for around 3 years during the vanilla and TBC period. It's unbelievable fun. It's was quite competitive for my guild at the time. The best thing about it is guild life. If you find a nice guild, you can spend few years with them, having loads of fun.
    I always loved the Warcraft lore, so the story for me it fairly good also. Besides many people saying PvP sucks - it doesn't. Maybe the mechanics aren't the best, but battlegrounds, attacking cities is very enjoyable. This game has a lot of haters, for sure, but nonetheless it's still the best MMO on the market, and I played a lot of them and none beats WoW on flexibility, fun factor. The only thing with it - it's outdated. Still doesn't hurt my eyes, like the games from this period, thanks to unique Blizzard style graphics.
  36. Sep 12, 2010
    Very few games give me such pleasure and memories. I have made permanent friends on this game from when I started 3 years ago until I finished in spring of 2009. This game may addict you, but if you have the willpower to know when to stop, you will be perfectly fine. World of warcraft is a revolution and it gets alot of bad publicity. Basically the way I see it is, if your addicted, itsVery few games give me such pleasure and memories. I have made permanent friends on this game from when I started 3 years ago until I finished in spring of 2009. This game may addict you, but if you have the willpower to know when to stop, you will be perfectly fine. World of warcraft is a revolution and it gets alot of bad publicity. Basically the way I see it is, if your addicted, its your own fault for not having the mental power to just end your subscription. All in all a great rpg, unlike anything I had ever played before and I havent quite played anything like it since. If I was being accurate I would probably give this game between a 9.5-9.7 Expand
  37. Jun 30, 2013
    I honestly find WoW boring. I mean it's fun for a bit, but I think it really fails as a game. It can be fun, and I'm sure it was back a few years. WoW just isn't good anymore, and can't compare to MMORPGS such as the indie Pokemon MMO, or DCUO.
  38. Feb 3, 2014
    World Of Warcraft is one of my fav mmo games that i played
    i enjoyed playing as a horde or alliance in the game
    it one things that game improve is more easyer on story and quest side of the game
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    i still cant belive being 9 years old this is still my fav RPG experiance ever id honestly say put whatever you are playing down and come play this wonderfull game its givin me so many memories that i will tresure for ever this game is amazing in the shear content and i think this is better then guildwars 2 in my opinion the best MMO and will always be in this gereration anybody that givesi still cant belive being 9 years old this is still my fav RPG experiance ever id honestly say put whatever you are playing down and come play this wonderfull game its givin me so many memories that i will tresure for ever this game is amazing in the shear content and i think this is better then guildwars 2 in my opinion the best MMO and will always be in this gereration anybody that gives this game a low score must be a jockstrapp or somthing any RPG player would lose weeks in this loot grabbing 40 man raid fantasy epic must buy an easy 10/10 from me Expand
  40. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is very overrated, and gets very boring quickly. To hit someone you have to challenge them to a duel, the open world is big but traveling is very boring, the task can get repetitive, and level up is very hard and it takes forever. I personally hate that, because I'm not a guy that sits at a computer all day. Within two days I canceled my WOW account. A lot of fanboys willThis game is very overrated, and gets very boring quickly. To hit someone you have to challenge them to a duel, the open world is big but traveling is very boring, the task can get repetitive, and level up is very hard and it takes forever. I personally hate that, because I'm not a guy that sits at a computer all day. Within two days I canceled my WOW account. A lot of fanboys will disagree with me but I think this game lame. Expand
  41. Sep 17, 2014
    Look at the critics review and the only yellow review by AltGaming basically describes the game. Blizzard doesn't care about keeping the players that like to play, Blizzard likes keeping the players that like to pay. Which is why they have had 12 million players in 2010 and now have 6.8 million in 2014. But are now making 4.76 billion in 2014 opposed to the 1.1 billion in 2011.
  42. Nov 5, 2014
    If you're looking for a MMORPG today you have four choices:

Guild Wars 2 (B2P), WoW (P2P Theme Park), ArcheAge (F2P Sand Park), and EVE Online (P2P Sand Box) The above are perhaps the most established at this point, though AA is still questionable due to being a recent release. If you're not interested in any of the above, keep an eye out on Black Desert Online, Everquest Next,
    If you're looking for a MMORPG today you have four choices:

If you're not interested in any of the above, keep an eye out on Black Desert Online, Everquest Next, Star Citizen, and Elite Dangerous.
  43. Dec 25, 2014
    World of Warcraft was one of the greatest games of it time, but the problem with MMORPGs is they are much like bars. You can go to a brand new bar and the opening is great, the interior is great, the music(content) is great, you can have a good time, but after some time it loses it glamor. If you don't continue to have friends go to the joint, then there is less and less reason to return.World of Warcraft was one of the greatest games of it time, but the problem with MMORPGs is they are much like bars. You can go to a brand new bar and the opening is great, the interior is great, the music(content) is great, you can have a good time, but after some time it loses it glamor. If you don't continue to have friends go to the joint, then there is less and less reason to return. New expansions are like grand re-openings drawing players back, but every time you hit that cycle where you wonder why you are playing. Then you have to start wondering what is missing and why you or your friends don't stay.

The biggest problem is repetitiveness and occurs with all games of the genre. Re-playability is reduced with theme-park style games. At some point grinding and hack-n-slash combat become boring and causes players to lose interest. Another problem is immersion. If the player doesn't begin to feel the character is important to the world and those around, the player never becomes hooked. Immersion is successful when the character makes an impact on the world and those around. As a comparison Star wars galaxies an often hot debated topic of the past had great immersion in the days of sandbox gaming where the character was yours, the land could be cultivated and thus yours, the economy was mostly player driven, and equipment constructed could be yours often having unique masterpieces. World of Warcraft misses in this and its themepark progression and cartoony characters and combat.

Finally, its about community. If the game appeals to young teens who recently just got done playing Wizard 101 or Club Penguin and have moved to something bigger, it will have a huge community. Problem is many of the teens on these games have lost all etiquette and it shows with the constant duel requests, nature of chat, and other losses of social behavior. Thus WoW is now the game for early post-pubescent children. Older adults I know that still play WoW do so out of the same action as drinking the same old beer and not moving on to fine wine or champagne.
  44. Feb 3, 2015
    The most destructive video game of all time. Recommending this game? That's like inviting your friends and family to smoke crack. It is not addictive in a fun and happy way, it's the beginning of the end of your pathetic wasted life.
  45. KyleA.
    Nov 28, 2004
    The Game would rock if the LAG didnt suck so much. Former Everquest player and current Final Fantasy 11 player and the graphics arent as good as ffxi but it is a lot more colorful FFXI lag oh wait what lag it doesnt have any. I am a huge fan of blizzard and hope they come up with a solution or else i am wont be playing the game but other then that the game ROCKS!!!
  46. Jul 3, 2012
    Still the best game out there. After 8 years nothing can top it. Guild Wars 2 may have a chance to do it but the other pretenders can't match the interface, addictive reward and advancement systems, and tremendous variety of things to do in this game.
  47. Jul 19, 2012
    I don't see how someone could hate this game. Sure it may be $15.00 a month but its worth it! For all of the haters that say its too easy, its really not. When you finish the game why don't you just restart! Also for the people who say that the end is boring? If you do everything then there will probably be another expansion out. I cant see how people could hate this. Its a beautiful gameI don't see how someone could hate this game. Sure it may be $15.00 a month but its worth it! For all of the haters that say its too easy, its really not. When you finish the game why don't you just restart! Also for the people who say that the end is boring? If you do everything then there will probably be another expansion out. I cant see how people could hate this. Its a beautiful game with so much content. Expand
  48. Aug 6, 2012
    The greatest MMO of all time. The often mocked graphics of WoW actually have pretty good design. Models, animations and the overall style is very beautiful and similar to Warcraft 3. Character mechanics are not too complicated or simple. The music, sounds and voices are top-notch.
    But the truly wonderful thing about WoW is its social aspect: making guilds with friends, raiding, chatting, making awesome guild events, levelling in groups or just messing around and doing silly stuff. This game really created fond memories that will not be forgotten.
  49. Jun 4, 2013
    World of Warcraft is by far the best video game I've played in my life, and will play. I feel so much nostalgia for this game and so do the people who played back then. Blizzard truly HAS made a WORLD, a real, palpable, world.
  50. Jul 31, 2013
    Still the best MMORPG, and I hope it always will be... You can't find find the fun you have while doing RBG's or Arenas in any game but WoW. In PvE, there may be better games but talking as a PvP player; BEST!
  51. Dec 31, 2014
    This game is historic due to its popularity. It is by far, the most succesful video game in history accounting for more than $1B a year in profit at its peak. It is a monster of a game that has been around for more than a decade and still has millions of users.

The good news is that WoW is a good game. There was a lot to do and plenty of classes and quests to keep you busy for months on end. The bad news is that this was a very "casual" game and due to its success, it garnered in a decade of watered down games across all genres in order to capitalize on the less skilled gamers especially from the big companies. The funny part is that young gamers look at games like Demon Souls and think that they are a new concept but they are just pale shadows of great games that came before that required the use of mind and not just memorization. Back to WoW, for the most part, it did everything well but made many things easier. Combat was standard but enemies were very forgiving and exploration was trivial. Crafting was made easier. Class build variety was good allowing for various builds. Exploration was mundane but that is true for all casual style games until Guild Wars 2 added puzzles and random events which made things more tolerable. Quests were similar to other MMO's and raiding was straight forward and much easier than older MMO's. Regardless of ease however, it was still a fun game albeit not my favorite MMO of all time. That honor remains with Everquest with Guild Wars 2 playing runner up.
  52. Jan 1, 2012
    Like mentioned by a lot of other reviews todays WoW has pretty much nothing in common with the wow released back in Nov 2004. Ill give 10/10 for the game experience that was released back in 2004 and completely agree to the other reviews that mention that wow got worse with pretty much every content patch or addon, but ill judge these addons seperately.

What blizzard managed to release in

What blizzard managed to release in 2004 was just brilliant. A gigantic world to be explored, full of adventure and challenges and all this in flawless condition pretty much free of any major bugs. It was a completely new gameplay experience, outstandingly good in every single aspect. I still remember the very first time ive met an enemy with a dragon ornament somehow displaying it beeing "special" and how i had to find a group for the very first time in this game to be able to take it down together. It was very satisfying. Leveling a champ to lvl 60 was time consuming, same like getting an epic mount was a serious decision since they were really really expensive. Or epic items... Sure there were few people just beeing lucky to get a krol blade as world drop but that one krol blade was already worth an epic mount and someone actually having 4 or 5 epic items alltogether really meant something. Getting such amount of epic items required to solve serious difficulties. Even beating certain 5 man instances took up to 2-3 hours of concentrated gamplay and taking part at raids for epics was not for everyone. It not only required 40 people but also to do certain preparations.

Today theres pretty much nothing left of this anymore. There are close to no real difficulties left. items or mounts completely lost their meaning as award. The complete game is only about investing a lot of time and repeatedly doing the same things over and over again every single day until you finally collected enough of whatever you thought you "need" without having real satisfaction about anything at any point in gameplay anymore.
  53. JacquesL.
    Dec 10, 2004
    The game has its flaws but its so addictive to play that I can ignore those flaws.
  54. Nov 5, 2010
    The best MMO i have ever played, the only one that kept me playing, and playing, and playing...
    I would put 6 because no one should ever play such good MMO, you end up in no life! i had to stop play has i was caring much the game than my own business. But Seriously, the atmosphere is wonderful, i could just spend hours fishing in some oasis at night, under a full moon and shiny stars, in the desolated barrens... until some sneaky skinny elf hunter unleash his tiger on my back... what are you going to do now little elf? your tiger looks like an ice cube and... you're a sheep! hum where did i set my pyroblast? ha! here we go... KEBAB!!! you have messed with the wrong undead... ho you come again? you think i got lucky? look, i do exactly the same, boum... silence of the lamb... ... ... what was that? i... ho... hum... greyish screen, blurry avatar... hum, i am dead... look like at least... yes yes... now i remember... that guy behind me that just appeared from nowhere, 2 daggers, huge dps... a rouge. i don t like rouge, i am more into the green... and you what's your game?
  55. Jul 30, 2012
    World of Warcraft holding in a mixed rating is not even close to be fair, most of the negative rating you can see here are raging players that would never leave the game anyway, they just don't like the way it is changing and it can be understandable but the best MMO out-there can't receive such a poor rating.. I'm putting 10, because World of Warcraft brought me the best online experienceWorld of Warcraft holding in a mixed rating is not even close to be fair, most of the negative rating you can see here are raging players that would never leave the game anyway, they just don't like the way it is changing and it can be understandable but the best MMO out-there can't receive such a poor rating.. I'm putting 10, because World of Warcraft brought me the best online experience I've ever had, belonging to the ones that started at the very beginning, and I'm totally objective about my next sentence despit I tried a lot of online games: WoW is the most epic game you can experience out there it takes social, brain and good playing skills to master the game, its the most complete game ever produced and if no MMO ever did as good it's because no MMO proposed such a great and opened playstyle with an awesome universe.

when you see franchise like Star Wars, LoTR or Warhammer Online failing crappily, you understand how Blizzard game is a true work of art in it's category and changed forever the face of MMORPG games.
  56. AranW.
    May 20, 2006
    Best Game ever, the game seriously never ends, there is also something new to do, and there is always something you missed.
  57. Oct 13, 2010
    This game is easily the greatest MMO ever made and firmly deserves a 10/10, engaging, value for money and a must for any gamer. Simply put - The best computer game I have ever played in my life.
  58. Oct 13, 2010
    Simply the best MMO ever released, and unfortunateley, it still is.

Simply the best MMO ever released, and unfortunateley, it still is.

I have played wow untill about 8months ago and have tried numerous other MMO's, with a group of friends, since. Sadly there have only been 2 games that even come close to knocking this giant from its throne. The simple fact of the matter is that the game evolved with the player basis, they asked people what they wanted, and gave it to them. No other company seems able to do that. Just look at the drivel the asian MMO market has given us in the last few years. Anyway the game still has fault as Blizzard now seem to be reaching out to the more casual audience handing out none heroic loot and making encounters easier and easier. At the same time this does allow even the lowest denominator of players to experience the content before the new expansion hits stores at the end of the year.
  59. Aug 28, 2012
    The following statement is just as true today as it was seven years ago: every RPG must be compared to WoW. Otherwise, why would you play it? World of Warcraft does an excellent job of keeping players coming back, again and again. Just when you think you're out, it pulls... Well, you get the picture. People will say it's lost its edge or its greatness, and they're right. It's stillThe following statement is just as true today as it was seven years ago: every RPG must be compared to WoW. Otherwise, why would you play it? World of Warcraft does an excellent job of keeping players coming back, again and again. Just when you think you're out, it pulls... Well, you get the picture. People will say it's lost its edge or its greatness, and they're right. It's still better than 99% of games being released today, though. Considering it's nearly 8 years old, that's saying a ton. Expand
  60. Jan 6, 2012
    Spent countless hours in PVP, one of the most addicting and unbalanced mmos out there. Still fun though. If you want to have fun, be sure to have friends on the same server as well.
  61. May 30, 2014
    An amazing game I put many of hours into this game. It got too expensive and I wasn't able to keep playing it for that reason. If only things in life were cheaper I would still be playing it everyday. There was tones of stuff to do and could keep you bust for hours on end.
  62. Jun 5, 2014
    Looking back ten years I would say this game was hands-down one of the best things to every come along. I really cannot find anything to hold against it that isn't petty sounding (to me). I had a core group of 10 real life friends who all played this game at the same time and that really made this game amazing to me. I can't get those gaming years back!
  63. Sep 4, 2014
    Not bad, but not the best. This game is incredibly stale and for some reason a subscription based MMO. I understand it is difficult to keep up servers for millions of people (back in 2004) , however that does not mean the price should be the same. As hosting the game does not require extremely high end servers compared to EVE online, where every core counts.
  64. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it. (Please note that this review is for the current version of World of Warcraft, as of the Mists of Pandaria expansion).
  65. Nov 19, 2014
    An elitist filled, douche bag fest of a game, loved only by those sad, sad individuals who have spent so much time in the game they refuse to let go ro accept any form of criticism of their beloved WoW no matter how bad it gets.

Good - A huge and often vibrant and diverse world with lots of different options. Leveling can be quite fun for a while. Bad - Pretty much every server is

Bad - Pretty much every server is filled with the type of douche bags I described above. An example; somebody in the general chat is looking for a player to join a party, but then specifies exactly what stats they must have and that they must have great gear. No seriously, this actually happens, there are actually people as sad as this. Its like, where the hell is the fun in that?

The graphics are far too cartoony, most armor looks crap as you will most likely be wearing pieces from different sets which seldom look good together. The gameplay is now terribly dated and boring.

Verdict - WoW IS NOT and never has been a great game. If you can deal with or ignore most of the other players it is just ok, average at best but not really worth the cash. Also got to laugh at the review that stated 'by far one of the best PC games of all time' lol, I assume the person was joking, or smoking crack at the time. Not only is not even in the top 100 best pc games of all time, its not even the best MMO.
  66. Nov 3, 2011
    This rating (10/10), goes to the classic WoW, as it was, and still is, best game i've ever played. Its nowhere as good today as it used to, but its still the best MMO currently on the market.
  67. Aug 24, 2011
    This world of warcraft was one of the best blizzard made, with TBC on second place and WOTLK on 3rd, cataclysm was okay till blizzard (and ghostcrawler specificly) deceided to remove items and staring the chain that eventually will lead to the dethroning of a mastergame.
  68. StephenM.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Despite a few problems with the launch, this is the best game I have ever played. I enjoyed many hours already, and I have only seen a very small part of this massive world. The graphics are beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional. One has to experience the game firsthand to realize the sheer magnitude of what has been accomplished here. Bravo Blizzard...keep up the good Despite a few problems with the launch, this is the best game I have ever played. I enjoyed many hours already, and I have only seen a very small part of this massive world. The graphics are beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional. One has to experience the game firsthand to realize the sheer magnitude of what has been accomplished here. Bravo Blizzard...keep up the good work - and keep adding excellent content! Expand
  69. Apr 19, 2013
    One of the better MMOs its pretty good and stands strong.
    Sure it takes time to get into but its worth that time!
    Its rewarding but very user friendly, if your new to the game then every kill feels like the same extremely repetetive compared to other MMOs but........... Then you actually get used to grinding and repetetiveness you unlock more join a guild, and meet new friends.
    One of the better MMOs its pretty good and stands strong.
    Sure it takes time to get into but its worth that time!

Then you actually get used to grinding and repetetiveness you unlock more join a guild, and meet new friends. Which is kind of cool right.

It has flaws like its a bit too easy, PVP is not difficult if you have Hairlooms but you will piss new players off.

PVP we are talking about a 700 hours of playtime before you should start playing PVP.

Pros
    -Tons of spells
    -Nice Combat
    -Good Missions
    -Good PVP
    -Balanced Classes
    -Beautiful areas
    -Dungoens
    -Responsive gameplay
    -High levels are fun!

Cons
    -Alot of bugs
    -Not very challenging
    -User Friendly
    -Extremly repetetive
    -Copy and pasted areas
    -Low levels Arent too fun
  70. SuperRater
    Jan 21, 2010
    This game is by far my favorite computer game of all time. With amazing graphics and even better gameplay this game has it all. With a multitude of quests and PVP arenas this game is by far one of the best online games to date, and I know what im talking about. As for the people that say that you will get addicted to it, well I have two words for you. Will Power!!!!!! You don't have This game is by far my favorite computer game of all time. With amazing graphics and even better gameplay this game has it all. With a multitude of quests and PVP arenas this game is by far one of the best online games to date, and I know what im talking about. As for the people that say that you will get addicted to it, well I have two words for you. Will Power!!!!!! You don't have to play it all the time and if your worried your playing it to much, then get off. It is that simple. Go do stuff outside or with your friends for a while, the game will always be there when you get back. As for the people who say the game is just full of morons who want to know if your good at the game or not, well of course it is. But it is not completely full of them. Just ignore the stupid people and add people as your friends who actually know what their doing and you should be fine. Besides the game isn't completely based on playing with other people. In fact majority of the quests you can do by yourself. This is truely a great game and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good computer game. Go WOW!!!!! Expand
  71. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    ahh, i hate people who give this game a one. they are all just Halo fanboys who dont believe in paying 15 dollars a month to play WoW. But, it is worth it. Blizzard puts so much content in to this game all the time, and this game never gets old. Sure, you grind, but have you ever heard of quests or grouping? Oh, and stop complaining about the graphics. They are simple, have a great artahh, i hate people who give this game a one. they are all just Halo fanboys who dont believe in paying 15 dollars a month to play WoW. But, it is worth it. Blizzard puts so much content in to this game all the time, and this game never gets old. Sure, you grind, but have you ever heard of quests or grouping? Oh, and stop complaining about the graphics. They are simple, have a great art style, and can be played on even the lowest of computers. Exellent game, good work Blizzard. Highly recommended to anyone who likes video games. Expand
  72. Aug 27, 2012
    Quite possibly the best game of the last decade. It's pure, fun, visceral gameplay hasn't been matched yet by any MMO. Unfortunately, as with everything mainstream, some people who got bored with this game decided to attack it furiously, mostly due to frustration that their game X or Y didn't kill it as they predicted it would.
  73. Nov 20, 2014
    I played the F out of this game for like a year. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. The game is a complete waste of time. It does everything in its power to convince you that its NOT a waste of time, but it is. This game is like the matrix. Your real life is somewhat boring and you know your plugging into a fake world but you do it anyway. Im glad I grew out of it. It becomes aI played the F out of this game for like a year. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. The game is a complete waste of time. It does everything in its power to convince you that its NOT a waste of time, but it is. This game is like the matrix. Your real life is somewhat boring and you know your plugging into a fake world but you do it anyway. Im glad I grew out of it. It becomes a full time job after a while. You do "jobs" in the game over and over again to improve your character. Ill go ahead and give the game a 4 because I did enjoy my fake life while it lasted. And when I broke my foot and couldn't put weight on it for 2 months this game was a godsend. In real life I was a cripple but in this game I was powerful warlock or rogue. Expand
  74. Aug 14, 2013
    Although interesting to begin with, World of Warcraft soon gives way to excessive grinding which is tedious to say the least. The endgame quickly becomes boring after completing all the raids and no matter how many times Blizzard try to flog the dead horse with new expansions, in the end it becomes the same scenario and players soon have to turn to PvP for fun which in turn becomes a raceAlthough interesting to begin with, World of Warcraft soon gives way to excessive grinding which is tedious to say the least. The endgame quickly becomes boring after completing all the raids and no matter how many times Blizzard try to flog the dead horse with new expansions, in the end it becomes the same scenario and players soon have to turn to PvP for fun which in turn becomes a race for the best gear.

World of Warcraft may have been the glamorous mansion of MMOs, but is now becoming abandoned as new, more inventive ones are being released. It has become apparent that Blizzard are attempting to grab as much money as they can before the doors close for good.
  75. JeremyC.
    Feb 22, 2005
    This is no doubt a very good game, with lots of lands to explore and secrets to discover. By that same token it does get very repetitive and in the end you just work towards levelling up so you can get a certain ability or attack. The game does lack diversity in character though and it often feels like a lot of people playing through the same game, the quests are very linear 90% of the This is no doubt a very good game, with lots of lands to explore and secrets to discover. By that same token it does get very repetitive and in the end you just work towards levelling up so you can get a certain ability or attack. The game does lack diversity in character though and it often feels like a lot of people playing through the same game, the quests are very linear 90% of the time. Also I can't say much for the players, many like to run up and take a treasure while you're busy fighting the boss. People are also uninteresting, they are rarely willing to stop for the minute or two it might take to duel. The occupations are also very bland. While it is very original in that you can make items of real use, unlike in some other games, they are very limited. Depending on your class your occupation is almost certain. The only one of the 5 major occupations which departs from this is the interesting engineering occupation which made it's debut in this MMORPG. Which has cool creations such as goggles, dynamite, and other interesting items. The biggest problem as stated by some of the other reviewers is that the classes often end up getting very repetitive. The warrior classes run up and simply allow their character to auto attack, while the spell casters go through the same routine every time. The only one of these that does not follow this (and believe me as I have tried characters in every class) is rogue which in a true gamers hands can find himself jumping around and using an arsenal of special attacks on the enemies. Also various stealth missions i have undertaken proved lots of fun and very cool. The designers need to work to make every class that much fun. My friends complain about how boring their characters are. Other problems with this game are that the designers seemed to have gotten rather tired in the games creation. Cave after cave are identical in every way except the monsters and the color textures. Identical towers and castles dot the landscape. Also monsters often don't look any different later on, rather they take a monster that you may have fought at lvl 5 and stick it in the new lvl 25 place, make it bigger, and raise it's hp and damage. Also there are exspanses of open land that seem to have no function except as travelling land and space. Though a lot of these traits are probably common in MMORPGs I think that if they expect players to pay $50 to buy in and $15 a month then the designers need to put more effort into their games. Expand
  76. ThomasG.
    Jun 9, 2006
    I've tried most of the other top games and they all are sad compared to this masterpiece. 7 million people play this mofo!
  77. ChrisZ.
    Mar 31, 2007
    The best MMORPG game right now and probably for the next decade. To the people who say it sucks - stop whining about hard quests that you're too wimp to do at level 10. Do them and it will be fun.
  78. Raanraals
    Jun 28, 2007
    8.5 million people are playing this game because it's not fun at all. Obviously.
  79. GregA.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Too busy playing the game to write a good review...its just awesome!
  80. BradleyW.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Massive world. Some games out there might have a larger world, but not while retaining the fun-factor and feel that this one does. Best game I've played in a long while. PVP (player versus player)is awsome, and is supposedly in store for huge improvemnets down the line. Looking forward to the many things Blizzard has in store for this one. But even without them this one rocks!
  81. NightElf
    Nov 23, 2004
    Best PC game what I have ever played.
  82. TandibarIc
    Best game for PC.
  83. ChristienL.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Very Addictive, too fun.
  84. ArenM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I'm part of the final stress test beta right now, and this game is badass. The world is ENORMOUS! This is the first MMO game I have played, and I can tell you I'm definitely a fan of this genre now. I would highly recommend to anyone!
  85. RilusZ.
    Nov 9, 2004
    After years of playing EverQuest and having played Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, City of Heroes, Guild Wars, and Everquest 2, I can say without a doubt that World of Warcraft has been the most fun and addictive MMOG I've ever played.
  86. AnonymousMC
    Nov 23, 2006
    2 years after the release, I finally bought WoW. Sure, u MUST pay 29.95
  87. OlegZ.
    Dec 22, 2006
    The best on-line RPG ever! Bravo Blizzard! even on 60 level you have 100 things to do! those who tell us that Wow sucks - know nothing about on-line games.
  88. AdamM.
    Jul 19, 2006
    very good game of course there are bugs and glitches but blizzard constantly works on it and improves it every patch.
  89. JesseW.
    Jul 29, 2006
    Just an amazing game, incredible draw distance breathtaking scenery at times, and incredible game play.
  90. ColbyA.
    Nov 12, 2004
    It's Awesome Baby!!!
  91. lemonator
    Nov 24, 2004
    The best game ever.
  92. May 8, 2014
    I suppose those that find like minded players with which to play these MMORPGs may enjoy the camaraderie of working together to level up and customise their characters but, as a game, World of Warcraft is just downright dull. Now a decade old the gameplay simply requires the player to go to location X, kill Y, and collect a set number of Z over and over until you gain enough XP to level upI suppose those that find like minded players with which to play these MMORPGs may enjoy the camaraderie of working together to level up and customise their characters but, as a game, World of Warcraft is just downright dull. Now a decade old the gameplay simply requires the player to go to location X, kill Y, and collect a set number of Z over and over until you gain enough XP to level up your character.

There is no nuance to the combat or skilful platforming required with the game only rewarding the player for the amount of time they spend glued to their screen. Virtually every game in the genre has copied World of Warcraft but that is down to its sales success not the quality of its gameplay I'm afraid.
  93. Apr 20, 2012
    Simply out of date with times. When WoW first came out it was at the top of it's game with people who cared about what the gamer wanted. Over time Blizzard Entertainment lost focus doing things for the player and started doing things to keep all the subscriptions it could. In short to Blizzard money became king and not the player. WoW history from day one to now reflects this, anyone whoSimply out of date with times. When WoW first came out it was at the top of it's game with people who cared about what the gamer wanted. Over time Blizzard Entertainment lost focus doing things for the player and started doing things to keep all the subscriptions it could. In short to Blizzard money became king and not the player. WoW history from day one to now reflects this, anyone who played during the early days can tell you the game was fun because it was challenging but over time became a dumbed down care bear game in order to keep your 15 USD a month flowing too it. One of the major current problems other then having a random 14 year old rage at you for now being geared right when you just want to run an instance to have fun is that playing this game feels like WORK. Yes...WORK. One example of this is you HAVE to get such and such armor sets and such and such weapons before you can advance to the next "thing" (Really do not know what else to call it.). I am going to stop here before I risk turning this into a rant and not a review.

But the bottom line is that World Of Warcraft is a dumbed down game by a developer who lost focus on doing things for the player and started doing things for the money. Blizzard Entertainment MIGHT be redeemed some when Diablo 3 comes out but as far as World of Warcarft goes your money would be better spent on one of the younger MMORPGs from a studio who cares.....about the player.
  94. Jan 11, 2013
    Over the years, I've played over 100 different MMO's of all types. Mists of Pandaria tops that list as the worst expansion to ever be created. Bugs go unfixed for months and months, all the while Blizzard's response to bugs is to add more dailies to the game. Mists of Pandaria's focus lies on doing dailies and nothing else, unless you like the horrible pet battle system they put inOver the years, I've played over 100 different MMO's of all types. Mists of Pandaria tops that list as the worst expansion to ever be created. Bugs go unfixed for months and months, all the while Blizzard's response to bugs is to add more dailies to the game. Mists of Pandaria's focus lies on doing dailies and nothing else, unless you like the horrible pet battle system they put in (boring after 1 minute). Expand
  95. Apr 3, 2015
    World of Warcraft is a grindy mess of an almost idle game with bad graphics that could easily be played on an N64. The game has literal hundreds of micro-transactions that you need in order to thrive in the game, and if you don't get the overpriced level 90 character boost, then you better be prepared to sacrifice hundreds of hours of your life, probably thousands. The game itself causedWorld of Warcraft is a grindy mess of an almost idle game with bad graphics that could easily be played on an N64. The game has literal hundreds of micro-transactions that you need in order to thrive in the game, and if you don't get the overpriced level 90 character boost, then you better be prepared to sacrifice hundreds of hours of your life, probably thousands. The game itself caused me to moan much too often, at the "go across the entire country to talk to this dude" and "kill 83 of these things for a belt" quests that you need to complete in order to progress. Expand
  96. Jan 5, 2015
    Simply 10 out of 10. The best game of all time in its genre. This game was a real MMORPG and not an Arcade game like the last few expansions. Shame on Blizzard for changing the genre of its game.
  97. MichaelA
    Oct 4, 2009
    Blizzard has ruined WoW - don't even give it a chance. There is much better and newer MMOs to spend your money on. WoW isn't good for you, don't try it...
  98. Jet
    Sep 20, 2005
    Boring once you reach 60. It's Everquest all over again but not as well developed.
  99. Aug 18, 2011
    I loved this so much, it's definitely the best game in the universe. It offers MONTHS upon MONTHS of content you will end up with wanting to do nothing but play this game for your entire life. Blizzard are truly geniuses.
  100. Sep 18, 2011
    WoW Vanilla, during it's inception was the best of the best. It was fun, challenging and it really opened up a lot of the story from the originally Warcraft games for PC. It was something truly inspiring to behold and for all intensive purposes still is. For how long may be another story. While I cannot particularly recommend it anymore, you can always try the free-to-play until level 20WoW Vanilla, during it's inception was the best of the best. It was fun, challenging and it really opened up a lot of the story from the originally Warcraft games for PC. It was something truly inspiring to behold and for all intensive purposes still is. For how long may be another story. While I cannot particularly recommend it anymore, you can always try the free-to-play until level 20 version. This will give you a good idea of what you'd be doing until level 85, if you choose to go that far. Now you can get this and the Burning Crusade expansion for $20. So, if you want a 70 twink, it's wonderful. Otherwise you'll have to purchase the other two expansions (around $40.00 each or $80 and 10% off with a current special from the Blizzard Online Store) to get the newer content. It really depends on your person if you should do that. I would recommend trying before you buy. This is not the World of Warcraft we knew years ago. Hopefully they will drop the insane prices on subscriptions and expansions, that might make this more desirable. I think they need to stop treating this as their money horse or they are going to end up losing a lot of business in the future. Just my two cents. Expand

1. Combines not only technical prowess and fine-tuned gameplay, but pleasure as well, making this the new standard for the competition. Word to the other companies: this is the reason your registered users are dwindling.
    The game isn't flawless, nor is it technically finished - a good many quests fall into a "kill 20 of enemy X and collect 9 of item Y" pattern, a lot of promised end-game content still isn't in, and there are still bugs being squashed - but it's easily the closest MMORPGs have yet come to perfection. If this one doesn't hook you, nothing will.
  3. Although it's not as technologically proficient as "EverQuest II," World of Warcraft has a more pronounced sense of style...If you're looking for a new MMORPG, then the World of Warcraft is the very first place you should visit.