• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2007
8.4

1. AliO.
    Oct 22, 2007
    The best football-sim there is, but still needs alot of work. Implementing lots of little pointless features, whilst negating improving exisiting features should be something SI look to reverse in the future.
  2. G.F.
    Oct 20, 2007
    SI have continued with an amazing game here by adding more than 100 new features including better supporter confidence and a style of media presentation that draws you into the game in more depth than previous encarnations. However these new features come at a cost. I strongly advise that you do not purchase this game until at least the first patch has been released. The In-store version SI have continued with an amazing game here by adding more than 100 new features including better supporter confidence and a style of media presentation that draws you into the game in more depth than previous encarnations. However these new features come at a cost. I strongly advise that you do not purchase this game until at least the first patch has been released. The In-store version seems to be unfinished with dozens of game-runining bugs both in matches and at pretty much every stage of the game (E.g. players NEVER closing down the person in possesion no matter what tactics you instruct them to use, Winning a game 2-1 and then after the match being told that you lost 2-0, A tonne of goals being disallowed and not being able to critisise the referee without punishment from the FA even though replays show that an offside call was indeed incorrect). SI have recognised most of these bugs in the forum and are hurredly working on them however it is very unprofessional to have released this with so many problems. Once this has been done and if it's done correctly then my review would go up to potentially a 9/10 Would have been Expand
  3. WengC>
    Oct 21, 2007
    They have improved the flow of the game and more notably the user friendly features. I say this is the best they ever could come up with but hope to see it improves the user experience.
  4. PaulE.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Well, my score explains the only missing part of an other way quite good game: no match simulation. as 2 d cannot these days be accepted as quality simulation. I just imagine real world managers finding out the result of their work watching text descriptions of the games or buttons simulations.when we talk about any kind of simulation games (and football managers are simulations) real Well, my score explains the only missing part of an other way quite good game: no match simulation. as 2 d cannot these days be accepted as quality simulation. I just imagine real world managers finding out the result of their work watching text descriptions of the games or buttons simulations.when we talk about any kind of simulation games (and football managers are simulations) real simulation is a must. a clear example: why should I train dribling or technique or long passes if I only see the effects of simple passing or shooting?it`s like eating plastic after you cooked real food. I`LL NEVER COOK FM AGAIN. EVER!!! Expand
  5. LeeK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    An excellent Game, well planned out fantastic reality.
  6. SeanDanielB.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Another excellent addition to the series, the International Management aspect is a great touch as is the fiance revamp. Good-bye Social Life ;).

1. If you take FM2008 at face value, you're left standing eyeball to eyeball with the finest football management game ever made. But just like Aliens: Special Edition was fleetingly more engaging than the cinema release, this year's FM feels like a game that further polishes an already highly buffed formula but fails to take it to a genuinely higher level.
  2. What's brilliant about Football Manager is how accessible it is, and how it caters for so many people, and this is about the most accessible version of the game yet.
  3. It's another year and another Football Manager. When good things are this consistent we often forget how lucky we are to have them. That said, this year's game is particularly thin on new features, but it's still the same great package that's been re-jigged slightly to keep us interested.