X Rebirth PC

3.2

1. Mar 5, 2015
    I pre ordered this game and it was disappointing when it had a lot of glitches. The X series has been my favorite since X-Beyond. I knew the old games backwards and the new one was alien. I have since grown to love the game. The developers have been patching / fixing / improving the whole time and it's now a great game.
    Looking forward to the next installation.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    such a disappointment.. i've seen 'alpha' versions of other games that seem more 'finished' than this.
    So far my rig has played every game without any problems but x-rebirth is the first to just make t grind to 10fps. It wouldnt be so bad if changing the graphic options made some kind of difference but turning everything off made hardly any difference. I have tried to persevere for approx 5 hours because I love the x series and I know sometimes they are slow burners but there are just too many things not right with this game. What did they do for the whole 7 years they while they were making it...
    I did start to think maybe its my pc and maybe I should upgrade it, but I'm somewhat relieved to see that the majority of reviewers here are having the same problem. The scripting is also dodgy, the voice acting and lip synch are woefully bad, the characters arent believable.. One of the devs said it was like GTA in Space.. I think not! GTA is Fun! Very disappointed.
  3. Oct 10, 2014
    Game pulled through with patches after the initial launch. Company is determined at making it work and so I'm giving it much higher score than I did before.
  4. Mar 3, 2016
    EgoSoft, you've come a long way with this. The launch version of this game was...unplayable. They've released a bunch of patches over the past couple years to remedy that, and a free content dlc on top of it, and now it is an excellent game.

It still has bugs. It still has gameplay issues. Some things are frustrating (crew management and trade agents, ugh). But that's enough to knock one point off a perfect ten.

This is an incredibly ambitious game, as the rest of the X series is known to be. It's huge, beautiful, and complex. And now that it's playable, I love it.
  5. May 15, 2015
    I started playing with version 3.53 and i must say, this game is really good. Tons of things to do, nice story and great atmosphere. 40 hours of playtime is nothing.
    If you like space games like privateer, freelancer etc, you will not be disappointed.
  6. May 23, 2014
    After patch 2.0 game runs with no problems . Trading, galactic map and some minor bugs still need some work but this game in my opinion should get second chance from players who loved X series.

Okay driving one ship only might be problem for many ppl who played X2 and x3 . But hey that's for patches are for.
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    Game has gotten much better since its original bug filled release.
    Game has gotten much better since its original bug filled release.
    I agree with people that it should never have been released in the state it was in, but that is not how things stand today. I think people have forgotten how bug filled all the other X'series were originally, I remember lot of people crying their hearts out over them aswell. So I went into this game expecting my fair share of bugs, and lo was I not surprised. What did I do? I simply sat the game on the shelf for a while, because I knew Egosoft and modders would eventually make it a good game, as they have with all the previous ones. So is the game a good game today? This is up to each and every one of you to answer, but it is a far cry from the grades it has gotten here so I choose to give it an 8. (and yes I think it is a good game and that it will be even better in the future)
  8. Nov 12, 2015
    Though X-Rebirth was a frustration when first released, the development team are still active to this day improving the game and fixing problems - which scores massive points. It's not so bad releasing a problem bit of software if you're dedicated to fixing it.

I find the graphics astounding in game, and sound effects quite good, too. I'd say the game has a large learning curve, and it's not surprising that the game experiences some problems now and again, considering just how many aspects of the game there are.

One other thing that scores points with me is that the forum is friendly and productive, and that includes the moderators and developers who also positively work together in diagnosing and fixing problems etc.

The only thing that could stand to be improved is that once you're rich, there's not much for you to accomplish in the open ended game. You can build massive fleets, but it's not like there's any enemy that can fight these massive fleets of yours and it's not like you can go on a conquest.
  9. May 19, 2014
    I loved the game since launch and the new version 2.0 releasing soon is amazing. I'm playing the betarc9 release and it's awesome: new cockpits, new graphics, new gameplay, etc.
  10. May 17, 2014
    Here i am, 7 months after the... "Released"... And 7 months that the game is over patched... And i must say congrats to Ego. They failed, but they've learnt, and they 've listenned to the rest of the community. X Rebirth 2.00 will be released end of May, and trust me, it's the good occasion to test it again.

Go back to your new cockpitS !
  11. Sep 2, 2014
    casual gamers will not like this game, the meta rating of 33 is a disgrace for this rating system, if this is not ur type of game, dont rate it. people who are into space trading/fighting/story get negative influence when they see this rating. sure this game is not perfect, and yes i am a huge fan of space sims.

i played this game like 20 hours and i say, compared to other games in this

i played this game like 20 hours and i say, compared to other games in this genre (and there are not very much) its a really decent game, u can put lots of time without getting bored into this game. exploring and making money for upgrading ur ship is very challenging.

i give this game a score of 10 cause of the metacriticism is very low but really if u compare it to other games who are simular its still a 9+ game. i did buy it and will but the next if the evolving in game and graphics are like this game :)
  12. Apr 3, 2014
    This kind of review is only for the whom have something to relate to the original game... It's awesom... Today I tried to start again an X3 game, and it was so boring... This one once you start to understand how it works, it is amaszing (the only thing, but I like it, is the crates... very old duke nukem stile)... It takes time to understand what to and how to, but after a while, it'sThis kind of review is only for the whom have something to relate to the original game... It's awesom... Today I tried to start again an X3 game, and it was so boring... This one once you start to understand how it works, it is amaszing (the only thing, but I like it, is the crates... very old duke nukem stile)... It takes time to understand what to and how to, but after a while, it's good... What to say... Most of the people who doesn't like it, probably spent only 10 minutes... this is not how X world works... If you want something faster play Pac Man (the original, not on a computer) Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2014
    With patch in version 2.0 the game is great playable! X Rebirth is so huge and terrific, you must play it if you love space sims. Just find a good PC, not good - top PC )
  14. Jan 4, 2015
    Review of the patched up game (Dec. 2014)
    The game is shaping up very well after countless patches. It has plenty of depth and gameplay. Adding the Teladi trading post as well as numerous updates including cockpit configurations and automations (new trading software) for player owned ships,this game is slowly becoming what it wanted to be over a year ago.
    The campaign is still hard, but
    Review of the patched up game (Dec. 2014)
    The campaign is still hard, but playable. I haven't had a crash since playing (over 20 hrs now) , but playing the freelancer /sandbox game is more rewarding.
    You can build your space stations and build up your fleet. It's gonna take a while, but with the new software upgrades of the player ship, the trade stations previously discovered, do not disappear from the trading menu.
    Fights are so-so, although it can be fun, since there are now rare items, which can be crafted after finding all the parts (random drops from enemy ships) and either sold for a lot of money or used as a trading tool to gain more reputation.
    I have to give my praise to Egosoft for not letting this game die and hopefully more people will try it and find out that it isn't bad at all as the review sites make it out to be. Those are the first reviews from 2013, but ever since then, the game has been seriously overhauled and the developers continue to patch it on even now.
  15. Mar 27, 2015
    Not the game it was on release. I'm really enjoying it! The mods make the game even more awesome. The devs still support the game and have had massive improvements. Things are looking good!
  16. Mar 30, 2015
    This is, by far, the best game I've ever played in its genre. Why is the score so crappy? Well, they released a product that was BETA without calling it BETA. The community expected this to be a stable version right off the bat, but it was horribly bugged.

I think that if they called it BETA, they would at least set the expectation lower for some people, and a whole lot of people would wait until the BETA turned into a very stable release (3.0+) before buying it and getting disappointed. This would have given it a much better rating.

Why did I vote 10 for this game? I got in at just the right time, when 3.0 + DLC Teladi Outpost was released. Also, I haven't played the last X games so I come from a fresh perspective, not expecting this to be a sequel, but a brand new game.

Egosoft rocks. Why, you say? Well they had one of two options after releasing the "BETA" product. With the whole community getting pissed off, Egosoft could have just discontinued development and abandoned this game, OR, and this is the option they chose, to continue development until every bit of what they promised came to fruition.

This screams loyalty to all fans and I will continue buying Egosoft games now and forever.
  17. May 18, 2015
    X rebirth has gone through some major changes that have brought this universe from glitchy twitchy to an Extremely immersive envoirement. I've very much enjoyed my gameplay since Teladi Outpost, the fact that they release a free dlc with that many improvement is awesome.

I'm looking forward to a new storyline or several to choose from to further shape the universe with causes and effects.
  18. Sep 28, 2014
    It is now September 2014 an in Beta 2.50 the game is great and basically at the state it should have released. Go check it out if you have it, patch it up. Also there is free DLC you can grab on Steam (free until November 1). I´d give it an 8 now but as this game has so many trash reviews I´ll rate it a 10)
  19. Oct 1, 2014
    With the new patches being release plus the mods that adds even more fixes, this game can really make your day.Giving it a 10 to add a positive mix on the score.
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    Everyone looking for the right review look here. Ignore all negative reviews under 5. The reason why this game has not received many positive reviews is because all the people who enjoy this game are too busy playing it and having a great time to rate it! While there were issues as all games do at launch, most of the bugs have been ironed out and its a wonderful top of the lane game toEveryone looking for the right review look here. Ignore all negative reviews under 5. The reason why this game has not received many positive reviews is because all the people who enjoy this game are too busy playing it and having a great time to rate it! While there were issues as all games do at launch, most of the bugs have been ironed out and its a wonderful top of the lane game to play as long as you have a computer that can handle the immense awesome this game brings. I've played all the predecessors and each one gets better and better, Please do buy it....its worth every penny and then sum!

The game is an open box create your own destiny, challenges, and fun. You can follow the story line but go off on your own whenever you so choose to and still be able to return to it at anytime. You start out with a basic ship and through many various ways of collecting wealth via trading, mining, policing, mercenary, missions, requests, stock market, pirating, station building, resource producing etc you make modifications to your command ship with bigger weapons, modules, armors, engines but also be able to purchase traders, fighters, war ships, even giant battleships with a variety of weapons that can be used simultaneously.

The game has its own economy that runs by itself with AI ships, stations, corporations that in each game in unique and diverse so no two games are alike. Based on the chooses and actions will change the world and behavior around you. The larger you emase your empire, the more fierce your competitors and enemies become.

Highly recommend this game to all who love beautiful sci-fi graphics, amazing 3-D space action, and economy trading and empire building strategy games.
  21. Jan 30, 2014
    Every new game has its flaws and bugs. Lucky for us we don't have to suffer too long. Here's what I've seen in the last two months of bug fixing.

Nov. launch date, there was serious bugs with trading, graphics, and actually saving the game on your computer and even crashes when you try to save. So I decided to take action, fixed my graphics card (HINT, HINT), made sure my integrated graphics wasn't messing with my gaming GPU and whoa. Everything graphic wise was fixed, next I made sure there were no viruses on my computer that can impact the game like saving and actually installing the game. Yeah, that was one problem that didn't allow me to save and possibly what caused most crashes during the game. Next I reinstall the game and I was enjoying the thrill of a space sim. Complex trade routes, nice joy rides through highways, capturing "Plutarch" ships, building space stations, and don't forget about those millions of credits from missions. :)

All in all, the game is great for folks who take care of their computer and enjoy the game like pros.
  22. Nov 17, 2013
    Just play 3-5 hours before posting a comment Some people here don't realy understand that X-rebirth is a HUUUGE game with a HUUUGE tutorial and need time to be domesticated. I put 10 to increase the general rate. Objectively for now 8... But 9 or 10 once bug ll be fixed!
  23. Nov 28, 2014
    Can not stop playing this game. So much fun after that bad bad bad release, last year. But they didn't run with our money, but still updating this game, and they doing a great job. playing the X series for along time, and I understand that this is not a X4, but a game with a new engine, and has a lot of opportunities.
    I didn't like how egosoft did release the game one year ago, and I
    I didn't like how egosoft did release the game one year ago, and I don't know what the reason was, but it is a small company with not much money, and stick by there games. I can not tell that form EA, or Sega, who do just collect a lot of money, and leave a bad game behind.
    So for that I give Egosoft some credit, and I like the way XR is going. It is a good time for me as a space fan. I am playing XR, ED, X3 XRM, and X3 LU. Only I had more time to spent. :)

bad start, but a beautiful game it is know.
  24. Dec 6, 2013
    I have been a fan of the X series for years and gave this game a score of 9 because that is what it rates. My system is mid range for the high end systems category and the graphics are very smooth at max settings.

The space station exteriors a very detailed and the zone back drops are graphically very appealing. I have had no problems in free play mode but haven't gotten very far with over 50 hours of time on it.

The station interiors are small, appear be rushed and the NPCs lack appealing qualities.

The problem with this game that is cited by most people giving this game a low rating is the campaign. There are scripting issues that need repair. The developers are working very hard to fix those issues.
    With the scope and detail of the mechanics of this game look very complex from a software programming standpoint, which is the fixes are coming slowly.

Many people have reported having to modify the software to get unlimited wealth and fix issues they have found. I personally don't recommend this because it can induce other problems that is not the fault of the developers.

Although with the problems at release, this game is a very well done space simulation and trading game. I feel it is well worth the price and expect to spend 100s of hours of entertainment.
  25. Dec 15, 2013
    With all the new patches this game surely is showing all its potential what it will become! Give Egosoft some time and we'll have ourselves a nice space sim!

Great job with the patches ego! I'm having a blast!
  26. Nov 16, 2013
    Purchased the game on launch day and couldn't help but read the negative barrage on here and the Steam forums. Eager to form my own opinion I have put in about 6 hours so far.

Are there bugs? Yep a few...while I haven't had a CTD I have had a case where game wouldn't accept any commands and I was stuck in between options and forced to restart the game. Frame rate was addressed in one

Frame rate was addressed in one of hte two patches as with both of my gaming rigs (i5 with 660TI SLI and i5 with 7970) I dont dip below 35 FPS with all options cranked.

Game is definitely a departure from previous X Titles. So far I like it...are the NPC models as bad as people have made out? Yes...they are dire...outdone in levels of direness only by the horrible give your co workers a voice over gig voice overs :(

HOWEVER, the sandbox feeling is intact...the graphics when in your and flying around which let's face it will be the majority of time are excellent. Controls are straightforward with my XBOX controller and I have been able to start without much trouble unlike in previous X entries.

While it isn't likely much can be done about the voice overs (I just use subs and have voice volume off) I am confident they can address most of the other issues.

Going to go back in game now...my personal experience scoring below:

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 7/10
    Controls 9/10
    Sandbox rating 10/10
    Audio 5/10

Overall rating 8/10
  27. Dec 29, 2013
    No entiendo como le dan a este juego una nota tan baja es verdad que tiene fallos como bugs y tal, pero irán actualizándolos con parches, no olvidemos que juegos como Battlefield 4 han sido nefastos en su lanzamiento y han ido mejorándolo con actualizaciones y le otorgan un 9 .¿Que deberían lanzarlos ya pulidos?,¡¡¡pues si!!! Como fan de juegos de temática espacial que soy encuentro elNo entiendo como le dan a este juego una nota tan baja es verdad que tiene fallos como bugs y tal, pero irán actualizándolos con parches, no olvidemos que juegos como Battlefield 4 han sido nefastos en su lanzamiento y han ido mejorándolo con actualizaciones y le otorgan un 9 .¿Que deberían lanzarlos ya pulidos?,¡¡¡pues si!!! Como fan de juegos de temática espacial que soy encuentro el juego precioso hasta el punto que a veces me dedico a pasear entre las estaciones es bastante más intuitivo que sus predecesores cosa que agradezco por que hasta que medio dominé el x3 terminé un poco desesperado .El juego rezuma vida por todos lados y el nuevo diseño de estaciones y naves lo encuentro muy acertado y me gusta la idea de controlar mi flota desde mi nave principal.En mi opinión cuando el juego este pulido será una obra de arte que para mi ya lo es pero en fin como gustos hay colores. Expand
  28. Mar 1, 2015
    This game went through a shocking release and it's reputation suffered as a result, the game was a flawed mess. Some time later, and hard work from Egosoft's part, we have a much improved 3.0 version.

Apart from a lot of stability, performance and bug fixing work, much needed features and functions like a proper command and control system, interface overhauls, camera views, proper station building and many other stuff has been added. I have played the game on release, and after the first few patches, lost complete faith in it and left it to pick up dust. Now I have returned to give it another go after a long time and what I found is a fine game worth playing.

It is actually a pity the review cycle of this game cannot be rerun. I'm sure the game will receive much better ratings from players in the state it is in now. Egosoft has made a big mistake with the botched release but, they have stuck with it and did a brilliant job at fixing it up. If you want the best mix between Freelancer, Darkstar One and X3 then this game is for you.
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    Although it does have some bugs and general issues to work out, the game is beautiful and shows a vast and endless amount of possibilities with a bit of modding like all X games.

It's not perfect, but no game ever is despite what people claim. Personally, I like how they did things and i believe that this game has potential with a few months of bug fixing.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    I write... I to play the old games like Elite, Wing Commander or Privateer. I play X series games of since its inception. I'm a fan of hers. Game charmed me and I enjoy. If Egosoft game repair, is already working, not regret buying the X Rebirth. But please note X Rebirth is a little different as X3. Suits me better than X3, but someone else might not. But it's certainly not a bad game. IsI write... I to play the old games like Elite, Wing Commander or Privateer. I play X series games of since its inception. I'm a fan of hers. Game charmed me and I enjoy. If Egosoft game repair, is already working, not regret buying the X Rebirth. But please note X Rebirth is a little different as X3. Suits me better than X3, but someone else might not. But it's certainly not a bad game. Is it true that X Rebirth has a bad start Expand

1. Feb 18, 2014
    Rebirth lacks inspiration, purpose, good ideas. It's riddled with bugs and, even when it seems to work, it manages to be dull. There isn't any true reason to play it.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 10, 2014
    Instead of giving the series a new life the developers buried it and the patches are a classic case of ‘too little, too late’. There’s a lot of things you can forgive this game but not the fact that it’s boring. [02/2014, p.58]
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    X misses the spot. The occasional bit of spectacle can't save this boring, broken and charmless space simulation. [March 2014, p.60]