7.6

1. ave
    Feb 25, 2015
    I never suspected one game could go that far with only a floor and a street lamp. The designer really understands what minimalism is, and knows that it's more important to get the core mechanic right rather than filling the game with content. It's better to fill it with endless costless zombies and shoot them wave after wave because that's what gamers do.

Yet Another Zombie Defense

Yet Another Zombie Defense doesn't try to wrap the player's experience with a storyline (avoiding the pitfall of Dead Effect) and focuses on the sandbox aspect of tower defense genre.

I really appreciated the tension created by this limited environment ; you can stay close to the lamp to see your friendly local zombies, or dive into the darkness to grab money, bandages or ammunition.

You can build quite a fortress but the game have a great risk/reward here : since the items drops where the zombies lay, you'll have to run into danger to grab them. So if you play it safe behind your walls, you'll never get enougth ressources to face the upcoming challenges. Simple but effective.

As a minus, the tower defense lacks depth : only 3 barriers and 2 turrets. While playing, I surprised myself wanting more elements to be placed like another street lamp to see farther, lures to manage the zombie flow, and maybe tar to slow them down. I hope they'll be implemented in the future ;)

Even if it's not game that will engage you for 15 hours straight, it grows on you and you always want to try another defense option, with sole goal of beating your own high score. That shouldn't have been easy for the developers to balance every item of the game to get that feeling right, but they succeeded.

Not only I recommend this game as a nice filler, but I also recommend it to game design students.
  2. Nov 5, 2014
    This is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to videogames yet it manages to be addictive enough for you to want to try and throw a few hours at it, see if you can come up with a better strategy or beat that high-score. It is the equivalent of a flash-game and it is priced as such. Don't forget to bring a friend!
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    For only 2 USD, You have a Simple , Funny , and Addictive Game ahaha ! great game for play with friends or alone :). R e c o m e n d e d.
  4. May 26, 2014
    For a game coming in at only $2 this game is incredibly addicting and creative. It is addictive and challenging while being a game that is enjoyable with anyone. Recommended to everyone.
  5. Jul 3, 2014
    Like all other reviews in here, with just 2usd, you can enjoy a simple, funny, addictive and time killing game. Would like to recommend. Also back this game on http://www.nomsg.net/game/138 .
  6. Aug 5, 2014
    $2 yet a small but addicting fun game when you got a bit of spare time. Good game to play with friends or by yourself to waste time. currently on sale for 66% I think so even less :D
  7. Sep 14, 2014
    For this price is good game, may entertain you few hours. But be prepared that this is flash game and you have only one (You heard right) one map and then... Try to defence yourself and your partners.

There are no critic reviews yet.