Zuma's Revenge! PC

7.9

1. Mar 25, 2016
    A fantastic puzzle shooting game for everyone to enjoy! This game has charm, excitement, crazy bosses, and a lovable heroic frog! If the adventure mode isn't enough for you, there's plenty of challenges and heroic mode to complete. For all those people who are fans of Bejeweled, Peggle, and other PopCap games, this is a must have game with your collection.
  2. Sep 10, 2015
    This game has two areas of play: Adventure and Challenge. In both areas, the game is amazingly inconsistent.

In the Adventure area, each level has a time factor that allows you to Ace the level. Sometimes the game provides a game environment in which Acing the level is possible, other times it provides an environment in which this is not possible. For example, a yellow ball becomes a bonus ball, yet the game fails to provide yellow balls (to make a match and obtain the bonus) until after the yellow ball ceases to be a bonus ball.

This same variance occurs in the Challenge area. I have, on several occasions, played a Challenge puzzle at the Very Hard level and scored over 100,000 in the first try. Then deliberately switched to the Medium level and been unable to even reach the challenge score. I have made the experiment of playing the same puzzle repeatedly, and found the game varies widely in the environment provided and how scores are tabulated.

Having played Zuma's Revenge, and experimented with it in various ways, I'm convinced the game algorithm is faulty. It does not provide an increasing level of challenge. Instead, the level of challenge is random. So the puzzle at Adventure level 3 may take 90 seconds to solve, and the puzzle at Adventure level 10 may take 28 seconds to solve.

Overall, Zuma's Revenge is disappointing by being inconsistent. Play the free version, but do not purchase the paid version of this game.
  3. May 8, 2014
    This is a great puzzle game, but not much more to it than shooting balls, in basically every game mode. Not much to it, but fun, addictive and cute 6/10.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    For all Zuma is a repetitive and often frustrating experience; it can be fun and is also strangely addictive. I usually don’t enjoy puzzle or casual games of this nature, simply because they normally look awful and are typically very boring… This game however looks good, it’s challenging and provides entertainment in small doses. However, I’ve never understood why so many games involveFor all Zuma is a repetitive and often frustrating experience; it can be fun and is also strangely addictive. I usually don’t enjoy puzzle or casual games of this nature, simply because they normally look awful and are typically very boring… This game however looks good, it’s challenging and provides entertainment in small doses. However, I’ve never understood why so many games involve matching up 3 blocks of the same colour (this is the same thing in principal). Overall it’s certainly not worth the £6.99 price tag, but picking it up in the sales for a quid or two will certainly not feel like a waste of money! Collapse
  5. May 25, 2012
    This is a solid puzzle game. But I sometimes find the game way too easy and boring. They need to increase the degree of difficulty and the excitement of the game......
  6. MikeS.
    Oct 6, 2009
    This game is still good, but has barely improved since the original. Flashy powerups do not, at the end of the day, make this game more fun to play. The bosses are easy yet frustrating at the same time, and the humour is rarely above mediocre.

I was somewhat looking forward to this, but worried "what can they possibly change to actually make Zuma more fun?". It turns out the answer was: not much.
  7. HenrikW.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Popcap doesn't disappoint like always, another good game from popcap and good way to spent your free time.
  8. Nov 20, 2013

1. If you're a newcomer to the series, this iteration is well worth the investment. It's a highly polished game with instantly accessible gameplay, a smooth difficulty curve and some fun new power-ups. There's scope for both long-term strategising and mindless ball-blasting.
  2. While hardcore PC fans will find this game too simple for their taste, there is a tremendous amount of appeal to both men and women, and players of all ages.
    Did you enjoy Zuma? Of course you did, and you'll enjoy Zuma's Revenge; just don't expect a reinvention of the wheel. And if you haven't played Zuma: welcome to our planet. Can I interest you in a fun match-three game?