9.0

1. Dec 10, 2014
    Excellent game. I've spent hundreds of hours with my Mechs powering through waves of enemy MTs and Ravens. I loved the story and was able to keep up with what was going on perfectly. Once the campaign was over (or during), it was time to clear the arena, which was also a ton of fun, and gave you people to look up to. I thought Ace and BB were so cool, and it actually felt great to be atExcellent game. I've spent hundreds of hours with my Mechs powering through waves of enemy MTs and Ravens. I loved the story and was able to keep up with what was going on perfectly. Once the campaign was over (or during), it was time to clear the arena, which was also a ton of fun, and gave you people to look up to. I thought Ace and BB were so cool, and it actually felt great to be at the top of the ladder. I played many hours of multi-player with friends and had over 200 wins with my top core. If you wanted, you could put some time into your color scheme and emblem to add a bit of flair to your core, which I did as well. I even had a rebuild of the core that won the AC3 tournament in Tips and Tricks Magazine, which performed well. Would recommend this game to anyone that is a fan of faster paced mech combat. Expand

It keeps most of the basic gameplay elements intact, but a little bit of polish (along with a few additional features) could have made this a spectacular title, rather than a merely solid one.
  2. One of the best PS2 mech titles in the market today, one that stand head-and-shoulders above better-publicized competitors like TDK Mediactive’s “Robotech: Battlecry” and Bandai’s “Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon."
    The Armored Core franchise will never be something for the casual gamer. It simply requires more thought and creativity than most people want to employ for a videogame.