8.3

1. BrandonR.
    Jan 21, 2004
    Don't listen to the SUX-BOX fanboy. The PS2 version is just as good as the system he blows kisses at.
  2. Alliancelover
    Apr 21, 2004
    This game is just as good as the first the only big flaw is the scenery was not to far fetched from the first one but the new characters and semi challenging quests make it worth the time and the 50 dollars to purchase.
  3. DeemerB.
    Jan 21, 2004
    SUPER!
  4. JasonJ.
    Jun 5, 2007
    It doesn't get any better this this type of game. This is almost exactly what people who play D&D imagine while playing. The improvements over the first one are noteworthy. Mainly the weapon upgrading system. Even 3 years later in 2007, the graphics are still quite amazing. I'm referring to the PS2 version, by the way. The PS2 version is now out of print and I had to pay almost It doesn't get any better this this type of game. This is almost exactly what people who play D&D imagine while playing. The improvements over the first one are noteworthy. Mainly the weapon upgrading system. Even 3 years later in 2007, the graphics are still quite amazing. I'm referring to the PS2 version, by the way. The PS2 version is now out of print and I had to pay almost 60 USD to get a new copy, but it was worth it. Let's hope that Wizards of the Coast release more of these types of games. If you want a game that is just as good in play and story-line buy Champions of Norrath too. But play this one first. Expand
  5. BenS.
    Jan 19, 2004
    This game is definatly better on the x-box than ps2, and I don't know if anyone notices the all of the not so good reviews (below 8.0) are from ps2 mag. web sites and all of them are saying CoN is going to be better. Hmm I wonder if it's because CoN is a ps2 exclusive. don't believe bad press.
  6. DarthTheSithKnight
    Feb 17, 2004
    Don't listen to the stupid critic who rated this game below 80. For me it deserves an 11. The game is really similar to the 1st one, almost identical in gameplay and graphics, for which i'm gratefull 'cause the 1st one is one of my favorites videogames ever. And most important of all, and i'm sorry if i hurt any final fantasy susceptibilities, This game has the Best Don't listen to the stupid critic who rated this game below 80. For me it deserves an 11. The game is really similar to the 1st one, almost identical in gameplay and graphics, for which i'm gratefull 'cause the 1st one is one of my favorites videogames ever. And most important of all, and i'm sorry if i hurt any final fantasy susceptibilities, This game has the Best Weapon Customization System I've ever seen in an RPG. It's so addictive, and the combinations of weapons are almost limitless, besides, I can play throgh the game with 5 different caracters? I'm not leavin my console 4 a long time with this one. And coop mode? Sweet!!!!! Expand
  7. BenL.
    Feb 18, 2004
    It rocks!!!
  8. Dec 24, 2011
    Action/RPG perfection. Awesome game in every way. Excellent replay value, with all the different characters, and the unlockable extreme mode. Love the first game, love this one even more.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Look at what the first game did: chapters, D&D level up system and lots of hack and slash. Basic PS2 RPG, now look at the second one. It has all the same things, horrible, horrible game. I'm joking, it takes these three qualities and expands on them. Lets start with chapters: way more chapters, a prologue system and each chapter is longer. Now the Level up system: way more qualities thatLook at what the first game did: chapters, D&D level up system and lots of hack and slash. Basic PS2 RPG, now look at the second one. It has all the same things, horrible, horrible game. I'm joking, it takes these three qualities and expands on them. Lets start with chapters: way more chapters, a prologue system and each chapter is longer. Now the Level up system: way more qualities that make it way more like a D&D Game, plus you can level up your class, such as Cleric to Paladin. Hack and Slash, way more enemies and way more kinds of enemies.

Now this game resembles a RPG way more than the predecessor and that is a very good thing, with the aforementioned qualities, it already starts to sound more like a DnD game. There is a world map, so you can travel to your locations and see the places in the world. You can also travel back to locations, each time with there being different and more enemies. This way, the city of Baldur's Gate acts as a hub city from where you can travel locations, thus making the game semi open-world.

The story, like always, is great, why? Because, I am Mordoc SeLanmere.

Then comes the weapon creation system. Not only can you create your own weapons, but you can modify your other ones, as well as armour. This makes sure that rubies and sapphires and rings aren't completely useless.

While we can say the first game to be about 10 % RPG and 90 % Action, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is about 35 % RPG the rest action. This is a great improvement, the only bad thing is, there is not going to be a third one, at least not until Interplay makes a deal with Atari or the Wizards of the Coast.
  10. Dec 6, 2012
    My all time favorite game for the PS2.. Just as good as the first but with more characters, and in my opinion a much better story. Of course i wouldn't recommend this game for story alone; it is a decent story but nothing compared to bg1/2. The gameplay is what really got me hooked. I enjoy playing one hero more than a party. Playing this game with my brother was the most fun i've ever hadMy all time favorite game for the PS2.. Just as good as the first but with more characters, and in my opinion a much better story. Of course i wouldn't recommend this game for story alone; it is a decent story but nothing compared to bg1/2. The gameplay is what really got me hooked. I enjoy playing one hero more than a party. Playing this game with my brother was the most fun i've ever had on a console. I don't think it would have been nearly as fun solo (i have played it solo) because the teamwork involved in the classes makes everything feel more rewarding. I played the necromancer and he played the barb, and when i casted haste we would steamroll over anything in our path. It was a lot of fun finding gems and gear in this game as well. The boss fights are still some of the most balanced i've had in any game. I highly recommend trying this game, and with a friend if possible. It's just a shame it was never released on PC so that you could play with your friends online :( Expand
  11. Mar 14, 2013
    Almost identical to the first game in terms of gameplay. But, Dark Alliance 2 is to Dark Alliance 1 what Diablo 2 is to Diablo 1. More or less the same just amped up, perfected and done allot better than before. BG: DA2 is perhaps the best hack-n-slash game on the PS2 and demonstrated its engine to perfection. Overall a brilliant game.
  12. Marc
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a solid solid effort. A hank and slash game with just enough to keep you coming back for a few more hours after you have finished it the first time. Poor graphics and level design though. The presentation needed more polish.
  13. Mar 31, 2014
    This is PS2 RPG perfection! Vhaidra, who was brought in here has become a hugely popular character years after this game failed to have a sequel produced. People keep a PS3 around just to play this game!

#65 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#36 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A wonderful example of how to craft a fun and exciting game out of a genre that is ageing poorly. This game shows that there is still some life yet in the hack and slash RPG, and for that I am grateful.
    While some of the areas are bigger than the ones found in the original, almost all of them are less interesting. The game's dungeons and outdoor areas are, for the most part, boring.
  3. The boys and girls at Black Isle Studios put over 100,000 hours into the development of Dark Alliance II and it shows. Dark Alliance II is a great experience to enjoy either alone or with a friend and greatly improves upon almost every feature available in its 2001 predecessor.