• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 11, 2003
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Jun 7, 2012
    I'm so sad that Beyond Good & Evil wasn't a success when it comes to poor marketing sales. It was the same fate as cult classics such as Psychonauts, Shenmue, MadWorld, and Okami. But when it comes to sci-fi video games, Michael Ancel, creator of the always popular Rayman franchise, set the bar high into a critical darling that every video game has its own side of the story. In Beyond Good & Evil, you get to play a heroic and lovable green-haied reporter named Jade as she and her sidekick, Pey'j are finding out the answers on who is responsible for attacking Hilly's and trying to governed the system for world domination. But now as a photographer, Jade must uncover the secrets and unlock the past as she must solve puzzles, battle countless DomZ, and even earn extra cool items. I think Jade is a phenomenal damsel in distress in Ubisoft's 25th Birthday, and she can do anything whether it's a fight to the finish (don't read this spoiler in the end of the game!) or helping citizens, no one can outmatch her athletic skills and incredible talent. I think Beyond Good & Evil should get a sequel and hopefully as soon as Sony has to make an announcement about the Playstation 4, maybe this is good time to receive a medal of honor for Mr. Ancel. Beyond Good & Evil, Perfect timing, incredible story with voice acting, and fantastic moments. It's one of those games you have to play if you still own a PS2. Collapse
  2. Aug 1, 2014
    Beyond Good and Evil es un juego que te entretiene desde que empieza hasta que termina, con una historia interesante, curiosa y que contiene mucha diversidad.
  3. Jan 31, 2013
    Probably one of the most underrated games of its generation. Truly a great classic that deserved more attention. Great visuals, fun gameplay and some genuinely unique characters. A game that was perhaps a bit ahead of its time.
  4. Mar 21, 2013
    A game is not a bottle of wine, and with time it does not get better. Sometimes it takes only a year or two to say, that a game is not appropriate for this time. Having read many reviews about "Beyond Good & Evil" and having watched trailers for its sequel I was eager to play this classic. The version that I played was HD remake that was released in PSN for PS3. After playing for an hour I realized, that I had a feeling of my time being wasted, because I just could not get into the game. Don't get me wrong, I watched much videos and read discussions that claimed, that the fans of the original were happy with remake. But after playing dozens of games that were released for the last TEN years (yeah, that's how much time had passed since the game's release date) it is difficult to appreciate any aspect of the game. "Beyond Good & Evil" has good story, nice characters, various gameplay, but it is history now. History that I missed ten years ago and can't enjoy nowadays. Expand
  5. Jun 7, 2012

1. A wonderful experience that tells a fine story. While the game can be completed in anywhere from 10 to 12 hours, the pacing feels just right. If you were ever remotely interested in an adventure title without the words "Legend and Zelda" in it, Beyond Good and Evil is the first title you should check out.
  2. Every now and then, however, you strike solid gold, and if "Super Mario 64" is videogaming's "A Hard Day's Night," then Beyond Good & Evil is surely its "Let it Be." [Dec 2003, p.98]
  3. It is a wonderful title that exudes both charming beauty in its lush aesthetics and sophisticated brilliance in its streamlined, accessible gameplay.