8.7

1. MurryM.
    Sep 20, 2001
    F...ing yes mate! Although I am annoyed about the lack of story mode this game jutshows pure brilliance, it makes up for it with amazing graphics and speed, this game is easy to pick up and once that is done you can find more and more complex moves to wreak havoc!
  2. XeroxX
    Aug 21, 2002
    I can't find a thing this game lacks really. I mean, its a fighting game! so f**k up about any story-line. The fact this game tries to concentrate on the fighting instead of pulling stupid graphical or award winning sound effects is what I luv about this game. All I think this game needs when BR4 comes out is a tag feature! Then it'd be the best fighting game since the very first VF!
  3. ChrisF.
    Jul 27, 2001
    Bad guy gets too darn fast.
  4. KemarrK.
    Jul 30, 2001
    BR3, once learned, can become the most exciting fighting game on the PS2. If you like stunning visuals and fast and furious game play then this is where you should be every weekday :),but if you are the type of gamer who expects an in depth fighting engine, for example "Dead or Alive"/"Tekken," I suggest you *Rent BR3.
  5. Loopy
    Sep 6, 2001
    This game is unbelievable. It's more involving than "Tekken" and just as (if not easier) to pick up than "Virtua Fighter" or "Dead or Alive 2." Try a few turns and you'll be hooked -- trust me. I am already. Now, if I can only beat Uranus.
  6. BritneeS.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Listen here rookies BR3 is a lot better than any other stupid "Soul Caliber" (which is a copy of PS1's "Soulblade") & so many times better than ANY Tekken game. Ya let's play with fighting games where you hit your foe twice & die !!!!! Face it on games like Tekken the life bars are just to short..and they rely too MUCH on fancy graphics and overrated music. Bloody Roar 3 has Listen here rookies BR3 is a lot better than any other stupid "Soul Caliber" (which is a copy of PS1's "Soulblade") & so many times better than ANY Tekken game. Ya let's play with fighting games where you hit your foe twice & die !!!!! Face it on games like Tekken the life bars are just to short..and they rely too MUCH on fancy graphics and overrated music. Bloody Roar 3 has long life bar so the intense battle goes on longer than 5 seconds. Those games hardly have any blood or cool simple-to-use game play! BR3 you can do your Beast Drive move to get out of tight space with the mere tap of L1 button. Also are those things what you call fighting game? I've seen worst fights at Girl Scout Clubs! Those games need more features than just smooth animation & the ability to turn into a beast is both a different twist & a totally one of a kind experience that I'd like to see get the reputation it deserves. You my friends aren't helping. Expand
  7. MichelleC.
    Jun 27, 2002
    LUV IT, Better than Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, well to me that is. Some of the characters changed, A LOT! Long sorta looks like Harry Potter, Uriko doesn't have those large bangs anymore, Stun tottally changed, and whatever they did to Shenlong, I'M PROUD OF IT!!!! HE'S SO CUTE, I WANNA GO OUT WITH HIM!!!!! HE'S REALLY HOT IN THIS GAME!!! DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!
  8. SilverDarkSideZ
    Aug 21, 2002
    Personally I like the BR series alot. And this third one on the PS2 is absolutely stunning in a sense that its the fastest fighting game I've seen on the PS2 but still holds that fighting brilliance which most fighting games of the PS2 genre have lost. All BR3 needs is the 'Story Mode', and also some more in-depth info on the characters. Probably one of my fav fighting Personally I like the BR series alot. And this third one on the PS2 is absolutely stunning in a sense that its the fastest fighting game I've seen on the PS2 but still holds that fighting brilliance which most fighting games of the PS2 genre have lost. All BR3 needs is the 'Story Mode', and also some more in-depth info on the characters. Probably one of my fav fighting games for this century! Expand
  9. LordH.
    Dec 20, 2001
    Longs combo ring is hard to pull off...ill just use his multi punches.
  10. DalhallynM.
    Dec 7, 2001
    I was never a fan of any fighting games until one of my good friends coaxed me into picking up a playstation controller and becoming a cat. Being the feline lover that I am, I find very few non-dog games, and Bloody Roar is one of the best of them. The ability to completely express the freedom of the annimal motion is exquisite, and once I finished mastering my Shina, I moved onto the I was never a fan of any fighting games until one of my good friends coaxed me into picking up a playstation controller and becoming a cat. Being the feline lover that I am, I find very few non-dog games, and Bloody Roar is one of the best of them. The ability to completely express the freedom of the annimal motion is exquisite, and once I finished mastering my Shina, I moved onto the other members of the "cast." I have learned how to unlock Uranus, despite the rampant cheating of the game, but that knowledge is not for public consumption. *wink* I *do* have a PS2, well, technically it's my fincee's, and this (Along with the othr BR's) is the only game series that graces *my* game cubby. Just please put back Story Mode. That was the best part about BR2--it gave one an incentive to learn all the characters instead of just specialising in one. Expand
  11. AnsleighH.
    Jul 18, 2001
    Its kool!!! Play it!! :)
  12. JustinK.
    Aug 2, 2001
    Any longtime fans of the series reading this? Do yourselves a favor and do NOT pick this one up. This would have been a good game if it was the first in the series. Any attempt of making a coherent plot was apparently tossed out the window to make room for the pretty graphics. Not only was the story mode removed (I'm still dumbfounded by the complete idiocy of that), but in it's Any longtime fans of the series reading this? Do yourselves a favor and do NOT pick this one up. This would have been a good game if it was the first in the series. Any attempt of making a coherent plot was apparently tossed out the window to make room for the pretty graphics. Not only was the story mode removed (I'm still dumbfounded by the complete idiocy of that), but in it's place is a confusing jaunt about a magical stone and a race of beings called the Unborn. It had potential to be good, but it was obviously strung together at the last minute. The fact that the two secret characters don't even HAVE stories at all is supporting evidence of that. The only saving grace here is that it's one of the fastest paced fighting games on the market, and that's saying a lot. It might warrant a purchase to newbies of the series, but the diehard fans of the series will definitely want to rent this one first. Expand
  13. KohryuX.
    Apr 11, 2002
    I've been a diehard fan of the series since the first (I still keep BR1, 2 & 3 in mint condition), and BR3 is definitely the best so far, but I couldn't give it a 10 even though I wanted to. I felt obligated to deduct a point for not having as cool a story mode as BR2, STILL not bring back Greg the gorrilla, Mitsuko the boar or Fox the fox (guy or girl, you be the judge) from I've been a diehard fan of the series since the first (I still keep BR1, 2 & 3 in mint condition), and BR3 is definitely the best so far, but I couldn't give it a 10 even though I wanted to. I felt obligated to deduct a point for not having as cool a story mode as BR2, STILL not bring back Greg the gorrilla, Mitsuko the boar or Fox the fox (guy or girl, you be the judge) from BR1 glory, and a point for the cheesy voices (SHUT UP Shenlong!!!!). However, I added a point for bringing back the awesomeness of the original Bakaryu as a kick-ass cyber-mole known as Kohryu. All in all the series remains as good as ever, still the best fighter around. Now I only have to get a Gamecube so I can buy BR: Primal Fury. Expand
  14. Uriko
    Apr 15, 2002
    This game rocks, it's real cool but I wish I had "Bloody roar Primal Fury"... it looks cool. My favorite characters are Alice the rabbit, (Marvel) Shina, And Uriko the haft beast.
  15. SilverDragonGrrl
    May 28, 2003
    Personally, I think BR3 is one of the best fighting games out for the PS2 so far (yes, the other ones are good too, but I like this one the most). I don't think the series should have gone to Nintendo, though... Anyway, I love BR3; the quality of the game is excellent, except for the fact that it might have done better if it had the Story Mode feature from the previous game. Overall, Personally, I think BR3 is one of the best fighting games out for the PS2 so far (yes, the other ones are good too, but I like this one the most). I don't think the series should have gone to Nintendo, though... Anyway, I love BR3; the quality of the game is excellent, except for the fact that it might have done better if it had the Story Mode feature from the previous game. Overall, though, the game is very entertaining, and I think it deserves a score of 9. Expand
  16. MACKYtheTIGERHORI
    Jul 13, 2005
    Bloody roar 3 is a master piece and it is has its own originals. my favorited character is shenlongThe only disapoint in br3 is shenlong acts like wimp.But i reccomend shenlong on br2 & br4. And the best place to hang out is the BEAST LEGACY this you will feel this game.
  17. DavidL.
    Aug 18, 2001
    The game is an adrenaline pumping action series that sends you through an action packed fight with unbelievable combos and unmatched visual effects this game reeks of awesomeness.
  18. J.T.
    Mar 27, 2002
    Great game, fun; especially with two players, best fighting game i've played in a while...I, myself like the combos and the button/move configurations. Not too easy and not too complicated. Thumbs up to long time game maker Activision.
  19. K.Harris
    Apr 22, 2004
    The story mode is lacks, but who cares? I don't. The other thing is trying to pull off their second rage moves. Other than that...PURE BRILLIANCE...
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    This is a straight-up, pick-up and play arcade fighter that has a polished engine. The animal transformations are a bit creepy, like a bunny in a mini-skirt or a reptile in a bikini. The music is exciting and sounds well mixed. The animations are also dead on for a 2001 title. Colorful graphics, but not incredibly detailed is how I'd describe it. The game is as fast as Soul Calibur andThis is a straight-up, pick-up and play arcade fighter that has a polished engine. The animal transformations are a bit creepy, like a bunny in a mini-skirt or a reptile in a bikini. The music is exciting and sounds well mixed. The animations are also dead on for a 2001 title. Colorful graphics, but not incredibly detailed is how I'd describe it. The game is as fast as Soul Calibur and about as easy to learn. There are combos and super moves that do extra animations. The story doesn't seem to be here, and maybe extra game modes, but thats okay. If you find this game its worth picking up for PS2. Its probably going to be better if you have a friend to play it with though. Maybe they should have included some more game modes. I think this game didn't become as popular as it could have been later in the Playstation 2 days because of Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat's influence. There were a lot of fighting games that were trying to get our attention. If they had stylized the characters and gave them more personality I think people would have gotten into this more. Definitely better than all Tekken games, SF EX3, and even Rumble Roses. Probably not as good as Soul Calibur 2. But none of that should stop you from buying this. Try Bloody Roar! Expand
  21. Oct 31, 2014
    this game is good. graphics are amazing for 2001 and the ntsc-j version is just amazing ! btw the game also includes for me some great combos but still. the repetetive fights are needed to be done

1. Even with all of its faults, Bloody Roar 3 still has its moments. There's nothing like chomping on a little bunny or mauling a lizard for the win. Even getting a 50+ hit combo is usually a good reason to celebrate.
  2. Scratch beneath the glossy visuals and you’ll reveal an uncomplicated affair that’s fun to play but may not appease the fighting purists.
  3. Despite its terrific particle-effect, motion-blur visual doodads, it’s a rather simple game system, pointedly geared toward casual and even first-time gamers.