• Publisher: Acclaim

Oct 9, 2003
    Best ever.
  2. PeterA.
    Jun 5, 2003
    This is the best arcade racer ever, bar none. I eagerly await Burnout3.
    Oct 2, 2002
    BRILL athough a bit to much repeat.
  4. KyleK.
    Nov 15, 2003
    One of the best racing games i've played yet. Great graphics, great cars, could have been more. Also one excellent feature in the game is crashing. WICKED
  5. ZachF.
    Apr 9, 2003
    This is a kick azz game! The cars are hott and the graphics.If you like fast cars, this is the game for you.
  6. MetalInc.
    Oct 25, 2002
    This game is above and beyond my wildest expectations. I own the first one and thought it was fun but there just wasn't anything to it. With Burnout 2 there is so much more involved, more tracks, better graphics, and a better feel for the speed. Some time was put into the level creations which is evident with the multiple avenues to take. If you want a simulation you have came to the This game is above and beyond my wildest expectations. I own the first one and thought it was fun but there just wasn't anything to it. With Burnout 2 there is so much more involved, more tracks, better graphics, and a better feel for the speed. Some time was put into the level creations which is evident with the multiple avenues to take. If you want a simulation you have came to the wrong place, but if you want high speed, blood pumpin racin then this is for you. Expand
  7. Tortue_8
    Oct 5, 2002
    I have just one thing to say : TOO FAST !!!! This game is so cool !! I have also the new NFS, it's cool but the graphics aren't the quality of Burnout 2, the speed isn't fast like B2, and the crash ... Burnout 2 has the most beautiful and insane crash ever seen in a videogame!!! Let Burnout 2 prove what is capable of !! Go buy this game now!!
  8. Skank
    Oct 9, 2002
    When I first played this game, I noticed that I was smiling without trying. This game ROCKS!! The crashes are unreal. The crash mode allows you to crash your car into a busy intersection, with the objective being to cause the most $$$ in damage. What are you waiting for??? Get this game now!!
  9. GengisKhan
    Oct 9, 2002
    Much better than NFS2.
  10. A.K.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Awesome!
  11. PhilipM.
    Nov 2, 2002
    This is the best racing game i have ever played. it makes every other competitor out there look like a joke. The crashes are simply unbelievable. The racing is so beautifull that it makes u seem as if u are right in the car going 160. If you dont think you are Vin Diesel while playing this game u need to sit ur ass down and cry cuz u are really messed up.
  12. Dr.TesticlesEsq.
    Oct 13, 2002
    1000 MPH kamikaze missions down busy freeways and intersections. So fast and realistic that you'll shudder once you wrap your car around an 18-wheeler.
  13. ZiggyStardust
    Oct 20, 2002
    Burnout 2 is an ultra intense arcade racer. You get to weave through traffic at ridiculous speeds, and are rewarded with boost for barely missing other cars, driving on the wrong side of the road, air time, and power slides. In other words you're rewarded for crazy, aggressive driving. Although the racing genera is a little overdone, especially on the ps2, Burnout 2 offers something Burnout 2 is an ultra intense arcade racer. You get to weave through traffic at ridiculous speeds, and are rewarded with boost for barely missing other cars, driving on the wrong side of the road, air time, and power slides. In other words you're rewarded for crazy, aggressive driving. Although the racing genera is a little overdone, especially on the ps2, Burnout 2 offers something others don't. Amazing crashes! One wrong move at 200 mph, and you and your car may be doing summersaults off a cliff. At these types of speeds, crashes are frequently crazy and exhilerating. Two minor complains I have about Burnout 2: Firstly, you can't save your replays. I've had several crashes that I wish I could relive. Instead they're lost forever. Secondly, while the graphics really are good (especially the lighting), there is some ps2 jaggies evident. It is like Virtua Fighter 4 in that way (as in great graphics, but some jaggies). In closing, Burnout 2 is the most fun I've had with a racing game in ages. It's intensity, and crashes are something no other ps2 racer currently has. It's definately worth a purchase, especially if you like racers in general. Expand
  14. Tarun
    Dec 2, 2002
    BRILLIANT! The greatest racing experience ever: the speed and graphics and lifespan, all exellent!
  15. D.J.
    Oct 4, 2002
    This game is FUN. This is the kind of white knuckle racing action that I expected from Stuntman but didn't get. If you liked the first Burnout or are looking for a great racing title then check this out!
  16. JavierA.
    Jun 24, 2003
    Very good graphics, maybe the cars would have been a little more costumables but very enjoyable!
  17. Uter
    Apr 28, 2004
    This is imo the best racer on ps2. And yes, I own gran turismo 3 as well.
  18. FlameSniper
    Nov 25, 2002
    Easily the best racing game on any console. I played Burnout1 and i didnt like it much. then i played THIS and i love it. i couldn't stop playing. i am not a racing fan, my section is RPG games, but Burnout2 sucked me into the racing genre.
  19. DuncanM.
    Nov 5, 2002
    The most intense racing game i have ever played.when your on your 4th burnout boost in a row your eyes will be bleeding from the speed. A complete head f**k of a game!!!!
  20. FilazaferX
    Oct 18, 2002
    The fun of racing gets an 8, but the mode that lets you try to cause the biggest wrecks gets a 10. It's brilliant and makes the game worth the money you pay for it.
  21. DanB.
    Dec 14, 2002
    This racer is one of the only ones so far to make me flinch while near misses occur, must be the constant 60 fps! Great game.
  22. Oct 31, 2010
    Burnout 2: Point of Impact is a very slick arcade racing game. This installment of the Burnout series is bigger and better than the previous Burnout game. There are more cars to race and crash with like the Custom Sports Coupe and the Supercar. The game play is similar to the last one: Race against 4 cars through a variety of events, race through checkpoints in a set time limit and try toBurnout 2: Point of Impact is a very slick arcade racing game. This installment of the Burnout series is bigger and better than the previous Burnout game. There are more cars to race and crash with like the Custom Sports Coupe and the Supercar. The game play is similar to the last one: Race against 4 cars through a variety of events, race through checkpoints in a set time limit and try to come first. The game gives you a generous amount of time to race from checkpoint to checkpoint so basically, you don't have to worry about reaching the next checkpoint in time and getting a "Time up" screen and then ending your race (if you crashed too much in the first game, you would find it difficult make it to the next checkpoint). You have a boost bar and you fill it by dangerous driving like near missing traffic or catching some air. When you fill the boost bar and use it in one go (you can only use it in one go anyway), you'll get a "Burnout" in which either you'll continue boosting (depends if you ranked up enough dangerous driving maneuvers while your boosting) or gain a boost bonus towards filling up the boost bar again. The graphics have slightly improved with new environments to race around like an Airport terminal or the snowy mountains. A new mode added in Burnout 2 called "Crash" has you choosing from a selection of Crash Junctions then crashing your selected car into another vehicle and trying to cause a big pile up. The more cars at the junction crash, the more points (or Dollars) you earn. The crashes like the first one are very meaty but unlike the first game, you can't save your crashes which is a shame. The game also features a pursuit mode in which you pursue someone and try to ram them off the road within a set road distance. To win cars, you either have to win them in some tournaments or "Face off" events in the game. There is a good championship mode with races to win and tournaments to compete in and returning from the previous game, there are also "Face Offs" in which you race against one car and if you win, you'll unlock the car you have just beaten. The music is kick-ass like the last game and while your boosting, the music becomes more intense which is nice and because this is the last Burnout game published by Acclaim and the next ones are published by EA, this is the last Burnout game with no licenced soundtracks. The game has a fantastic sense of speed when your boosting along at such speed and with that pumping soundtrack blasting out of your speakers, Burnout 2 is an ideal arcade racer which should appeal to people seeking some arcade racing action.â Expand

1. The most pulsating, nut-chafing, wind-in-the-hair experiences that can be prised from a game console. [GamesMaster]
  2. The improved Burnout system really adds some much needed depth to the gameplay, whilst those graphics are going to astound you.
  3. It's still longer than the first game, and is better and more exciting than most of the other racers out there.