Burnout 3: Takedown PlayStation 2

9.0

1. AB
    Sep 10, 2004
    This game is so realistic. It is freaken cool!!! This is the best game ever!!!!
  2. Neil"Frog"W
    May 3, 2005
    Its good to see that majority people find this game exciting, thrilling, and majorly addictive. Though this game is really huge when u play the career mode. But gives u a bit of a challenge. Involves major crashes, High speeds, and hectic driving. It's a fantastic experience! whoever doesn't like this game. obviously. can't do it.
  3. FJ
    Aug 20, 2004
    The burnout series just keeps getting better...and faster...
  4. BrynH.
    Sep 13, 2004
    Best game i have ever played, Amazing graphics and the crashes are out of this world. But it has a crappy soundtrack.
  5. AmyP.
    Superb!
  6. AdamD.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is great well worth buying but one thing i cannot make out is i've unlocked 5 trucks/4wheel drives but they dont appear in the cars selection page?????? does anyone know why?
  7. ArtherA.
    Best arcade racer ever.
  8. MarkT.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Not normally a racing fan, but this is great fun - marred only by a couple of things: a poor soundtrack (does anyone know how you can change that?) and the continual repetition of training videos (can they be turned off?)
  9. JordanW.
    Feb 8, 2005
    It rocks the best crash game i have ever played cant wait for burn4.
  10. ScottW.
    Jul 25, 2005
    The best racing game you'll ever play!!!
  11. JamieR.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. One of the best games there are on the PS2. It gives you a real sense of speed (even the slowest cars) and the fastest cars make you feel like they're doing 300! I don't see how you could improve on this game...but still let them try.
  12. BenC.
    Nov 25, 2004
    It sounds brilliant and the demo is so much fun. Cannot wait to get into town and buy it. The guy who gave it a 3 is an idiot (are you trying to say that Pro Evo 4 is rubbish!) Give me a break.
  13. TonyfromHK
    Nov 5, 2004
    Very good racing game, very camera shoot. [Ed: huh?]
  14. JonnyS.
    Dec 10, 2004
    That guy who gave ti a 3, wot is he on man? he takes games way 2 seriously, this game is wiked trust.
  15. Fsi
    Sep 10, 2004
    Just a fun game well worth the money. Drive, crash, jump out of your seat, laugh, and takedown all your opponents in an excellent game from EA and Criterion.
  16. LukeW.
    Sep 1, 2004
    I l0v3 7h15 g4m3!!!!!
  17. Mr.Kilowatt
    Sep 17, 2004
    All of the really important factors, like playability, control, FUN they got right. My only complaint is the music and the very annoying DJ Striker. Turn off the music and you've got a perfect game.
  18. IvanF.
    Sep 20, 2004
    The sense of speed depicted in Burnout 3: Takedown is magnificent. The graphics are beautiful and the crashes are rendered spectacularly. If there were less load times, the game would receive a 10.
  19. AnthonyL.
    Sep 20, 2004
    GT4? NFS? Test Drive? What are those? Burnout is the only game to play.
  20. O.E.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Truly epic from every scale. Addicitive, fun and downright varied.
  21. BurnOut
    Sep 30, 2004
    Mindless fun for a while.
  22. JayT.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Burnout re-defines the word fun.
  23. PabloQ.
    Sep 7, 2004
    Holy Sh*t i cannot believe this game!!! It is so realistic and fun to play...even your grandma would love it!
  24. AndrewH.
    Sep 9, 2004
    The world's must underapreciated racing fanchise gets even better and finally gets the attention it deserves. Grand Turismo who?
  25. BlancoA.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Breathtaking. I'm a devoted Need for Speed guy, but you count me in the converted. AI is unreal.
  26. TonyT.
    Jan 11, 2005
    This game is very fun and it is very very good.
  27. LukeT.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Brilliant move from the previous games in the Burnout series. "Road Rage" mode is the best part of the game in my opinion and I do recommend going online.
  28. MarkM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    The only reason I rated this game an 8 is because of the horrible soundtrack. The only decent song is The Ramones (side note: for you youngsters out there who think Green Day or Blink 182 are punk, go buy a Ramones CD or download a few Black Flag or Dead Kennedy's songs -- then, and only then, will you truly know what punk is). Other than the music, however, this game is a blast!! The only reason I rated this game an 8 is because of the horrible soundtrack. The only decent song is The Ramones (side note: for you youngsters out there who think Green Day or Blink 182 are punk, go buy a Ramones CD or download a few Black Flag or Dead Kennedy's songs -- then, and only then, will you truly know what punk is). Other than the music, however, this game is a blast!! I've never played the Burnout series before, so I can't compare it to past games. All I can say is that this game is a blast! Oh, and a NOTE TO HAT M. -- um, I drive a car every day as well ... have for almost 20 years. The difference is that I don't get to go 180 mph into oncoming traffic, push the jerk who just cut me off over a guard rail, nor do I get rewarded for causing $600K in damage after causing a 30-car pile up. If that's what YOU do every day, you are either the worst driver in recorded history, or learned to drive in Atlanta. I dunno ... maybe someone at EA games was mean to you or something. Expand
  29. HansD.
    Sep 4, 2005
    High speed chaos probably only outmatched by the upcoming sequel Burnout: Revenge.
  30. JonnyB.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Not as great as the xbox version. The better xbox graphics make the game have a little more realistic looking crashes.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A strong candidate for the coveted Game of the Year award, Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best arcade racing games to come out in years.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    I absolutely hate the music which is a mix of cheap-sounding alternative and punk.
  3. Damn near flawless in almost every way shape and form. Brilliant visuals, ear pleasing audio, highly addictive game play, and enough modes and tracks to keep you busy for months on end.