Burnout Dominator PlayStation 2

7.6

1. BarneyC.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Traffic checking was a weak gimmick, and I'm glad it's gone. Dominator gives a nod to where it all started with Burnout 1 and 2, however, I still prefer those two to this one. The graphics are certainly nice, but the blur effect is overused, and the racing still leans a bit too much toward rubbing against guard-rails. Still, a good game though.
  2. JaredC.
    Aug 28, 2007
    From Burnout to Burnout 2, from Burnout 2 to Burnout Revenge, from Burnout Revenge to nothing. Burnout Dominator, its no sequel, its a single swashbuckling thrill of an adventure, tricky, witty, entertaining, renewed style of the worse. Its a game that the PS2 will enchant.
  3. Feb 25, 2013
    I actually liked Burnout Dominator for the PS2 better than Burnout 3: Takedown. This is coming from a guy who beat both games getting gold in every single event.

Why I give Dominator my pick as favorite is because of it's new mode (the name skips my head since i beat it 3 years ago, could even be called "dominator" haha) where if good you can remain in boost an entire race. Nothing was more fun for me than mastering a track, and avoiding obstacles at high boost speeds, though yes there were many moments where I felt like throwing the controller at the TV.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    INCREDIBLE! SO AWESOME that did and will always be part of my childhood! EPIC I thought those graphics, and when I was speeding, and gained more and more Nitro Boost and the race. And when you hit on something?? I kept BEAT IN EVERY THING I was CRAZY WITH THAT REALISM OF DAMAGE!! Simply, I think, that car crash is MUCH MORE REALISTIC than GTA IV! Yes, I think much more realistic than GTAINCREDIBLE! SO AWESOME that did and will always be part of my childhood! EPIC I thought those graphics, and when I was speeding, and gained more and more Nitro Boost and the race. And when you hit on something?? I kept BEAT IN EVERY THING I was CRAZY WITH THAT REALISM OF DAMAGE!! Simply, I think, that car crash is MUCH MORE REALISTIC than GTA IV! Yes, I think much more realistic than GTA IV!! Nothing more to say Expand

#23 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#14 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

1. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    Another cracking Burnout. It isn't for the weak-hearted because of the difficulty at later levels, but when it shines, oh boy, it dazzles. [Mar 2007, p.96]
    Best thought of as a "Greatest Hits, but Not All of Them" from the Burnout series. The racing is just as adrenaline pumping as it's ever been...However, the lack of standard features and modes like online play and Crash are a rather big disappointment.
    Even with the lack of a Crash mode and no online play, Burnout Dominator is a wise investment, even for the Burnout first-timer, especially with a $40 price tag.