7.3

1. Dec 9, 2014
    One of the most generic, average shooters I've ever played. It's not bad, just very forgettable and easy to pass by. In terms of story, I actually don't remember anything much about the story. You just play as some soldier in world war 2 and I think you and some military unit battle your way to some place in France. All the characters where very bland and forgettable. I don't even knowOne of the most generic, average shooters I've ever played. It's not bad, just very forgettable and easy to pass by. In terms of story, I actually don't remember anything much about the story. You just play as some soldier in world war 2 and I think you and some military unit battle your way to some place in France. All the characters where very bland and forgettable. I don't even know their names, not even the protagonist. The gameplay is just like all the other games, it's a first person shooter where you of course shoot bad guys and complete objectives and stuff. You may have to defend a certain, or plant bombs on certain things. The battles are surprisingly open though, given that all later cod campaigns are as linear as a hallway with giant flashing neon arrows pointing in one direction. The levels are rather bland, standard world war 2 European villages, forests and all other things you would expect. Every now and then there's a lame tank or jeep section. The guns are all World War Twoish and aren't very cool or unique. It's not all that challenging either there's no real difficulty curve. It remains easy the whole way through. The graphics actually look pretty good for a 2006 ps2 game. There nothing exciting to look at but do push the ps2 hardware a bit. The sound design is also pretty average. Guns sound like guns, jeeps sound like jeeps, guys yelling sound like guys yelling, can't remember any cool soundtracks. Voice acting is good, whatever *yawn*. I guess if you like first person shooters, then it's worth picking up for a low price I guess. It will entertain you while it's there, but lacks replay value and you will probably forget about it once it's over. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2014
    The game play was fun and some were really sad, but controls are not the best. Flicking right stick up-down rapidly to move a mortar or an AT gun is pretty boring and some things are historically inaccurate. Its fun at stages but there was more room for improvement.
  3. Oct 3, 2014
    At the time of writing (2014) this remains without a doubt the worst CoD game ever made. The only reason this will get high scores is because of console players who never played one of the earlier PC games which were generations beyond this travesty.
  4. Jun 18, 2014
    Simply awesome! With the dramatic story, nice gameplay, and great multiplayer mode, this is the best FPS I've ever seen!!! I hope this game can be released in PC.
  5. Jul 4, 2013
    It was my first COD I played IN MY LIFE! And I already was thought, that game was Realistic in the epoch! Loved doing the missions that had to do I can't do critic in this game because I do not remember any kind of error in it! He was simply GREAT!
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    it is absolutely something "GREAT"........from saint lo to chambois,a furious journey.........at the finale destroying the tiger tanks with pak 42 and the triumph music>>>>>>>>>>>> COD 3 hatss off

1. The action is unbelievably intense and the historical material is researched and presented in a way that borders on being educational.
  2. This is a markedly better game than "Call of Duty 2: Big Red One" and the finest World War II gameplay on the current-generation consoles.
  3. Take one part classic Call of Duty scripted FPS action, add in two parts improved level design, another one part updated graphics, and just about four parts upgraded multiplayer and you’ve got the ultimate Call of Duty stew.