Cold Fear PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
7.7

1. GooreW.
    Apr 5, 2005
    It is not horror anymore it is the most atmospheric shooting game on PS2 !
  2. GeorgesD.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Excellent Game!
  3. JeffA.
    Jun 3, 2005
    The atmosphere is amazing. You are at sea on a ship that rolling in the waves with rain pouring down. Think of it as A Perfect Storm meets Resident Evil. The graphics, sound, controls, weapons and gameplay are top notch. This is a must have game if you are into survival horror games. 1010. Take a few breaks during the game if it makes you seasick. The games makes you believe you are on a The atmosphere is amazing. You are at sea on a ship that rolling in the waves with rain pouring down. Think of it as A Perfect Storm meets Resident Evil. The graphics, sound, controls, weapons and gameplay are top notch. This is a must have game if you are into survival horror games. 1010. Take a few breaks during the game if it makes you seasick. The games makes you believe you are on a ship at sea in story weather with lots of zombies. The game totally immerses you. Expand
  4. SanchezC.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Sweet.
  5. BrianS.
    Mar 20, 2005
    I think this game is fantastic! Many people will compair it to resident evil, but the controls really couldn't be more different. When you're in the over-the-shoulder view it plays just like a first person shooter. You can move while you shoot! The normal view plays similar to RE: Outbreak, but this is mostly for exploration. Another new idea here is that you have to shoot them I think this game is fantastic! Many people will compair it to resident evil, but the controls really couldn't be more different. When you're in the over-the-shoulder view it plays just like a first person shooter. You can move while you shoot! The normal view plays similar to RE: Outbreak, but this is mostly for exploration. Another new idea here is that you have to shoot them in the head. Sure, we've all seen it in movies, but I can't think of another zombie game where that's the only way to kill them. You can shoot these zombies 30 times and they they'll keep getting back up until you land a head shot. The game makes this extra difficult by putting you on a derelict ship caught in a storm. Your aim sways back and forth as the zombies come towards you and it's very realisticly accomplished. I seriously get a touch of sea sickness! This game is like resident evil with excellent combat for a change. The only downsides to this game would be that I've heard it's rather short and that there is a few seconds load time between major rooms. Nothing too serious, just enough time for me to finally take a sip of my drink or take a drag on a much needed cigarette before unloading a clip into some more rotted corpses in a dimly lit hallway. If you like shooting zombies, this game has a lot of innovation for the genre! Expand
  6. ScottG.
    Mar 14, 2005
    Great game.
  7. JimmyD.
    Mar 14, 2005
    Besides the regular camera short comings, this title would best be described as a combination of titles such as Silent Hill, Suffering, Resident Evil...gory,fun,and keeps you wanting to find out what is going to happen next...solid effort.
  8. JoelP.
    Mar 18, 2005
    In respects to Classics like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I rated this title a 8 just because the genre needs new material and efforts such as this one are really appreciated. But then again Survival Horror games are a big part of my gaming collection.

1. Edge Magazine
    Taken in isolation, there’s no denying Cold Fear’s panache - RenderWare has rarely been used to such strong visual effect - and there is a fair helping of survival horror entertainment to be had here, it’s just that you have to dig through several layers of frustration to get at it. [Apr 2005, p.96]
  2. There are some good ideas here, but the game is more frustrating than frightening.
  3. I enjoyed Cold Fear for what it was – an average thriller with some above average story-telling and terrific use of atmosphere.