Corvette PlayStation 2

6.5

1. DanK.
    Mar 12, 2004
    I have been waiting for months for this game to come out. I am a huge fan of both Corvettes an PS2 racing games. That being said, I have to say that this game is a dissappointment. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, and the presentation is also very nice! But the gameplay is only so so. Very slidey and difficult to control, sort od like Ridge Racer V. Try mapping the handbrake to R2 I have been waiting for months for this game to come out. I am a huge fan of both Corvettes an PS2 racing games. That being said, I have to say that this game is a dissappointment. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, and the presentation is also very nice! But the gameplay is only so so. Very slidey and difficult to control, sort od like Ridge Racer V. Try mapping the handbrake to R2 and then use it! That helps a lot! Then it will play a little bit more like Test Drive ( without all the traffic! ) Anyway for 9.99 it is still a good buy!!! Expand
  2. MoeL.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Although i lost my leg in the accident with my c 3, and also lost something else before the accident in that car, she quit calling, said i wasnt good enough for her anymore. fair enough, at least i have my playstation so i can play corvette cause mine was totaled. a decent game, love the soundtrack.
  3. AndrewM.
    Jan 2, 2004
    I can't wait im 13 and will be playing online so watch out i will smoke u and my name will prolly be SUGARBEAR so look for me and say hey I saw u on a website L8r.
  4. Mr.Gearhead
    Mar 22, 2004
    Who doesn't like Corvettes. Fast, fun and beautiful to see! Unfortunately, this game has none of these traits. Game play average at best. Car physics are average to poor. I can count the polygons in the terrain... and road. With all this said, it is only $9.99. Bottom line, if you like Corvettes enough to compensate for average code, then this game is worth it...
  5. DanS.
    Apr 13, 2004
    Best described as NFS:Porsche Unleased for the PS2, but with Corvettes (and no damage). Contrary to reviews, I found the cars DO handle differently from each other. It's graphics are not the best, but the tough competition is what keeps me playing. Sometimes gameplay is more important than looks. It does not look bad. Corvettes do NOT handle like the exotic cars in most games that Best described as NFS:Porsche Unleased for the PS2, but with Corvettes (and no damage). Contrary to reviews, I found the cars DO handle differently from each other. It's graphics are not the best, but the tough competition is what keeps me playing. Sometimes gameplay is more important than looks. It does not look bad. Corvettes do NOT handle like the exotic cars in most games that turn on a dime and should not here either. They can be heavy in comparison as Gran Turismo depicted so well. (Hey, if you want super realism-try to drive those boats in Ford Racing 2 like the Mach 1!) Totally worth the $8.99 I spent. It would be worth $19.99. It's a regular fun driving game with every model year represented. Expand
  6. MikeD.
    Jan 7, 2004
    If you're not a COrvette owner, or have a Corvette year that is featured in the top racing games, stop reading, the game is worthless. But even as a 1993 Corvette owner/enthusiast, I couldn't reccommend this game. The game is mediocre at best, and very buggy with no patches so far. The car models are all very basic and poorly shaded, and on my system with a GeForce4, all chrome If you're not a COrvette owner, or have a Corvette year that is featured in the top racing games, stop reading, the game is worthless. But even as a 1993 Corvette owner/enthusiast, I couldn't reccommend this game. The game is mediocre at best, and very buggy with no patches so far. The car models are all very basic and poorly shaded, and on my system with a GeForce4, all chrome objects on the car were all white or not rendered at all. Very ugly. Gameplay was boring. COntrol scheme had to be re-entered every time I played it. The only reason to buy it was having all the Corvettes, but even this isn't enough to overcome the mediocrity and bugginess. I returned it after 3 days. Don't bother, even for the $19 it costs on the PC..... Expand
  7. CourtlandS.
    Sep 21, 2003
    ThIs GaMe Is AwEsOmE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i LoVe CoRvEtTeS!!!!!!!!!!!I cAnT wAiT 4 ThIs 2 cOmE oUt!!!!!!!!
  8. McarthurW.
    Dec 25, 2003
    As an young owner of a 89 corvette. i can not wait until this comes out. Corvettes are my life, and i would die for my car. I saw one site that says. wouldnt you like to get your child a corvette. and i thought, i already have one and every child should. I went from playing with hot wheel corvettes to driving a real one, all by the age of 16. Priceless.
  9. RickZ.
    Nov 15, 2004
    This game does a lot of justice to the cars and performance differences between different model years are readily apparent. Game play is very rewarding as you increase your driving skill.
  10. Jul 2, 2014
    Being the first user to review is tough, what do I say? I played this game for 5 minutes and gave up. That's it, I can't imagine I wasted my time playing this garbage.

When I reviewed this (Don't bother looking for it) on YouTube, you could hear in my voice that I was angry at a game so unfair. The driving mechanisms are slow and unresponsive, the graphics are weird, and the points are pointless.

You just go into any game mode, it doesn't really matter which because there is no difference in the end, and choose a corvette (depending on the game mode, there may be only one type). The way the menus are set up are so complex and confusing. You'll just end up doing something you didn't expect.

There is no story, just races accessible from the menu, all you do is race, THAT'S IT. The races are really easy if you're fast enough and don't mess up. Otherwise, the other racers are much faster, you'll never catch up.

Turning is a really burden, it both slows you down tremendously and risks you crashing into something. To all of you out there you might be thinking that I'm exaggerating, well crashing into things is really bad because of this little flaw: Reverse is Triangle, TRIANGLE. Since when does a racing game use TRIANGLE as Reverse? It's ALWAYS SQUARE, but no, they MESSED IT UP!!!

Anyway, if you want to play a good racing game get something like Need for Speed or Midnight CLub, don't waist $5 on Corvette.

#87 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. Fairly easy controls that actually respond differently between the different corvette models AND when upgrades are done on the cars. An easy to use setup that racing fans will feel very familiar with.
  2. Overall, this game was pretty bad, and I did not enjoy it. It was a nice concept to have a game completely devoted to Corvettes, but the game physics need to be fixed.
    It's hard to imagine that Corvette, though it's priced to compete with a case of Bud, will be able to satisfy. There are much more competitive racers that also feature the fabled 'vette, along with decent physics, AI, and play modes.