3.7

1. GlennB.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Mmm...love martial arts hence the 5 for ability to atleast fight. As a game compared to an excellent movie...well, bit poop really isn't it?
  2. Allanlikesthisgame
    May 3, 2004
    A lot of people are saying that this game is crap and terrible. I can see why they say this because of the terrible camera angle, but this is a pretty descent game. The controls, sound, and game play is pretty good, but the graphics need some work. Over all i think that this is a pretty descent game to play. I enjoyed playing it. O and "someone you dont know", how can u say that John R. A lot of people are saying that this game is crap and terrible. I can see why they say this because of the terrible camera angle, but this is a pretty descent game. The controls, sound, and game play is pretty good, but the graphics need some work. Over all i think that this is a pretty descent game to play. I enjoyed playing it. O and "someone you dont know", how can u say that John R. has a lot of time on his hands when you yourself bothered commenting and rating this game. Your probably just a geek trying to act all tough. i bet this john R. dude could woop ur butt. Expand
  3. SomeoneYouDontKnow
    Dec 18, 2003
    There are really no words to describe it besides its crap. Big waste of money so dont rent it or be stupid enough to buy it. And John R. You got too much time on your hands to type that out.
  4. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    Why would anyone spend the money to make a joke game based off a joke movie.
  5. PeterH.
    Oct 19, 2003
    The developers did a true injustice to the great movie action is sad with camera angles and enemies flying all over the place for no appearnt reason, just sad.
  6. JohnR.
    Oct 15, 2003
    It's a decent game. Really, it is. It's got a great movie to work off of, and a good developing studio. The graphics are superb. It has fairly high replayability, with multiple paths one can take to complete the scene, a plethora of weapons that can be used, and multiple characters and story paths to unlock. Most importantly, the fighting engine is simple, well done, quick to It's a decent game. Really, it is. It's got a great movie to work off of, and a good developing studio. The graphics are superb. It has fairly high replayability, with multiple paths one can take to complete the scene, a plethora of weapons that can be used, and multiple characters and story paths to unlock. Most importantly, the fighting engine is simple, well done, quick to learn, and extremely fun. Combo blocking is great fun to use and looks wonderful on screen, and the quick-use button for healing items is a godsend. Furthermore, if you get locked in a combo and can't block it, simply pressing the jump button and a direction will cause your character to perform a very helpful (and well animated) evasive maneuver to get out of it. The "special moves" system they've thought up isn't that great and has no real use when fighting against more than one opponent (at least I couldn't find any use for it,) and the other combo's that the player himself can utilize are limited in scope. Weapon selection and collection is a little clumsy and awkward, as is the use of non-healing items. But aside from these rather minor flaws (they may sound bad, but trust me the fighting doesn't feel awkward at all) the combat system is very fun. Camerawork, however, is a different story. The camera control isn't very good, many places have set camera angles that're horrible for gameplay and not very good cinematic angles either. Movement controls are touchy, and the analogue stick isn't really "analogue;" it will move your character in one of only 8 different directions (no smooth turning here!) And.. well, I've seen the movie many many times, and I don't remember any poorly laid out and innapropriately placed jumping puzzles. Many of the jumping puzzles aren't even nescessary for completion of your goal, and some of them don't even have a purpose. Combine the jumping puzzles with poor camera control and touchy movement controls, and you've got a navigational hell-hole where sometimes you can't even figure out *where* to go next, and probably couldn't get there on the first (or second, or fifth) try if you could. The level designs are rather droll and bland, though in my opinion that's ok for a game that's primarily action oriented, especially since the action generally takes place in droll and bland areas like city streets; however, it still leaves *much* to be desired. The colors and bland, the layouts are simple and repetitive.. there was even a point where I did 15 minutes of backtracking, thinking I'd erroneously headed in the wrong direction because one area looked *exactly* like one I'd gone through 5 minutes before. In final closing, I think this game is a decent and enjoyable action game. Personally I find myself having the time of my life while somersaulting over enemy spears and performing complex parry maneuvers, all the while dreading the arduous journey I'll most likely be needed to make and frustrating camera-wrestling I'll have to do to get to the next batch of baddies to kill. Expand

1. Although Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon isn't a horrible game, it isn't a good one. And with the license of a movie that was such a huge success, an okay game just isn’t acceptable.
    You’ll often spot limbs and objects poking through solid surfaces, but you’ll almost never see your opponent properly framed—the camera angles are simply dreadful and rarely offer a decent view of the combat (or even the immediate surroundings).
  3. Cheat Code Central
    It's feels like you're playing in a mall display of a replica of the movie set. Camera angles need constant attention as they seldom reset to the most appropriate view. There's just not enough to like about this game.