Darkwatch PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Aug 16, 2005
8.4

1. Sep 14, 2016
    Currently Im going back and checking out ps2 games that may still hold up today (2016). I think I played about half of this game then put it down and Im not sure what happened but I sold it even though I thought it was pretty decent. Something about this game just didn't appeal to me as a keeper. The graphics seemed decent, the gameplay was not too bad, the game was glitch free and theCurrently Im going back and checking out ps2 games that may still hold up today (2016). I think I played about half of this game then put it down and Im not sure what happened but I sold it even though I thought it was pretty decent. Something about this game just didn't appeal to me as a keeper. The graphics seemed decent, the gameplay was not too bad, the game was glitch free and the theme seemed ok. The chapters seemed the right length, and there was enough player choice. So, I'm not sure why i sold the game but something seemed missing somehow. It is just possible there are too many shooter games that Ive played and although solid this game somehow didn't elevate itself to my likings for whatever reason. But still I would recommend this game it was decent and clean and I can't honestly define what it is about it that didn't catch with me so i have no hesitation saying this game deserves a go even today. Expand
  2. JesusJ.
    Oct 30, 2005
    This is an allright game with a great premise and style, but it gets boring very quickly. It probably would've worked better as a 3rd person shooter rather than first person.
  3. SuperGround
    Aug 29, 2005
    The only things good about this game are the melee attacks and the art style. This game drops the ball on everything else. I felt like a was standing in front of one of those tennis ball lauchers during the entire game, every level just throws enemies at you. On top of that we have: terrible characters, crap dialogue, and absolutely "zero" soul. Worst game I have played in a long time.

#63 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#40 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Play Magazine
    Quotation forthcoming. [Aug 2005]
  2. PSM Magazine
    Solid and polished enough to please most enthusiasts and supernatural violence. The plot is nearly D.O.A., but we can forgive it. This game is fun. [Sept 2005, p.74]
    Darkwatch mixes its Western Roots with gothic horror and steampunk aesthetics, and the results are uniquely engaging...Just darned good fun while it lasts. [Sept 2005, p.64]