Devil May Cry PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Oct 16, 2001
8.6

Dec 16, 2001
    I was TOTALLY turned off by the extremely show-stopping camera angles. This is a virtually unplayable game to my opinion. I feel so sorry to have bought that one!
  2. Uter
    May 27, 2003
    One of video gamings greatest mysteries is why this DMC is actually liked by some people. I really don't get it. I bought the game, didn't like it, beat it anyway, and then sold it.
  3. HardcoreGamer
    Dec 27, 2002
    Let me start out by saying that after I 1st played DMC I came away impressed. The graphics were tight, and the gameplay seemed fun. But my attitude quickly changed to one of disgust and boredom. Mostly I was disgusted with why I purchased such a bad game. Let me explain. DMC seriously lacks interesting gameplay. There are a special attack moves, but why do them when repeatedly pressing 1 Let me start out by saying that after I 1st played DMC I came away impressed. The graphics were tight, and the gameplay seemed fun. But my attitude quickly changed to one of disgust and boredom. Mostly I was disgusted with why I purchased such a bad game. Let me explain. DMC seriously lacks interesting gameplay. There are a special attack moves, but why do them when repeatedly pressing 1 or 2 buttons is so much more effective? The story is some kind of moronic joke. Short video sequences happen now and then. They remind me of Tekken Tag Tournament endings; nothing ever really happens and none of them link together to form any kind of cohesive story. Sorry to say it, but if you like DMC you are probably relatively new to gaming, or easily entertained. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2011
    kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

#6 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    With the exception of a rather throwaway plot, absolutely no part of Devil May Cry escapes the realm of coolness superior. [Nov 2001, p.152]
  2. A groundbreaking title that takes the genre in a new and exciting direction. Capcom has once again managed to breathe life into a genre that had been stuck in something of a rut of late.
  3. I don't say such things lightly, but this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Everywhere I look, I find more things I want to praise about this title.