Disgaea: Hour of Darkness PlayStation 2

8.9

1. BobL.
    Sep 5, 2003
    I say that 10000 level is realy cool and near 700000 hp is the way to cool.
  2. RandyT.
    Jun 29, 2008
    The whole point of the game play? To avoid hours of grinding by thinking your way and many ways of how to slaughter the opponent as many times in one turn. May it be from behind or from above, or together as a team multiple times.. This game IS NOT for people who rate game quality by graphics. Thanks to the sprites, this game will only lure people who actually sought it, and not dumb down The whole point of the game play? To avoid hours of grinding by thinking your way and many ways of how to slaughter the opponent as many times in one turn. May it be from behind or from above, or together as a team multiple times.. This game IS NOT for people who rate game quality by graphics. Thanks to the sprites, this game will only lure people who actually sought it, and not dumb down simple child logic. Memorable characters, funny times, deep backstabbing story, whats really better than a game that has everything that Final Fantasy tactics doesn't? Expand
  3. IanM.
    Aug 15, 2003
    An incredibly deep strategy RPG with the most interesting battle system I've ever seen in a game, period. Hilarious plot, great music and voice acting. If you enjoyed FFT or any of the "Ogre" strategy RPGs, you must have Disgaea!
  4. NicholeF.
    Aug 6, 2003
    Get this game if you liked ogre battle for n64 because it is really awesome.
  5. MikeL.
    Sep 29, 2003
    This game is awesome. it surpasses FFT in every way. the combos are amazing and the spells are even better. this is a must have.
  6. MichaelM.
    Sep 8, 2003
    Just as good or even better than Final Fantasy Tactics!
  7. ViviA.
    Mar 16, 2004
    Actually this game is very good, because I've seldom an RPG with this kind of story and understandable playing but some how, i get my self in trouble to level up my item. Is there any one can help me too?
  8. TitaW.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Nice storyline!!! Anime graphics and.. and.. I think I'm gonna cry.. This game is perfect!!!
  9. TitaniumDragon
    May 25, 2008
    This is the best tactical RPG I've ever played. The storyline is excellent, the humor is great, the voice acting is pretty solid (if a bit cheesy, though the game works well anyway as the game certainly doesn't take itself too seriously), the combat system is fun and challenging enough to be quite interesting, the class system is pretty solid, and the game overall works quite This is the best tactical RPG I've ever played. The storyline is excellent, the humor is great, the voice acting is pretty solid (if a bit cheesy, though the game works well anyway as the game certainly doesn't take itself too seriously), the combat system is fun and challenging enough to be quite interesting, the class system is pretty solid, and the game overall works quite well and has a decent level of replay value, impressive for an RPG. The only real flaw of the game is the difficulty of the very end of it; its certainly doable, but at some point in the game you're going to have to level grind. I see this as a flaw, as I believe the main part of a TRPG (or of an RPG in general) should never require level grinding, as many people (myself included) find it highly unfun. Overall, the best TRPG I've ever played. You'll enjoy it, TRPG fan or no, because it is just that good. Expand
  10. rogIL
    Oct 10, 2009
    This is one of the few strategy games that I like. It has hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay, filled with so many different characters and weapons. It has so many side missions and the music is great, too. I also like the over the top "level up to 9999" concept as well. This game really never gets old. Also to ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who thinks that they are too sophisticated for This is one of the few strategy games that I like. It has hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay, filled with so many different characters and weapons. It has so many side missions and the music is great, too. I also like the over the top "level up to 9999" concept as well. This game really never gets old. Also to ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who thinks that they are too sophisticated for this game's sense of humor, I WANT TO PUNCH YOU THROUGH THE INTERNET. This dialogue is gut-busting, as it continues to be throughout the series (except in Disgaea 3). I cracked a smile during every cutscene. Expand
  11. Ninja
    Nov 21, 2003
    These japanese folks sometimes are great! The game is really funny, you can play hours and hours only because you decided to improve a sword or an axe... A must have!
  12. RodolfoB.
    Dec 19, 2003
    GREAAAAAT!!!!!!!
  13. ZENA.
    Dec 5, 2003
    CRAZY AS HELL levels and special moves are insane!!
  14. JD
    Aug 17, 2003
    Best thing since final fantasy tactics.
  15. RyanO.
    Aug 20, 2003
    This the game the fans of Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre have been waiting for go out and get it immeadiatly if not sooner.
  16. A.Lee
    Sep 13, 2003
    One of the only games out there that actually makes some and no sense at the same time! At least this time, we can get over Lvl. 100.
  17. ZephyrBreeze
    Sep 13, 2003
    Rocks. Period. Best. SRPG. Ever.
    Sep 14, 2003
    Better than any other game like it.
  19. Ryan
    Sep 18, 2003
    This game is amazing. Everythign about it screams FFT! If you watch the streamign trailer, you'll need an extra set of pants.
  20. KerryM.W.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is by far the best game I have come across in a very long time. I am a sucker for replay value and this game will never stop. Without even mentioning the lengthy story (which consists of multiple endings), the game has unlimited replay value. The ability to create unlimited amounts of characters, all of which can take up to levels which reach up to (and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is by far the best game I have come across in a very long time. I am a sucker for replay value and this game will never stop. Without even mentioning the lengthy story (which consists of multiple endings), the game has unlimited replay value. The ability to create unlimited amounts of characters, all of which can take up to levels which reach up to (and including) 4 digits...it is incredible. There is so much to do in this game, thanks to the item world. Each item you find in the game has at least 30 levels in it. So whether you're upgrading your items, levelling up your characters or going into the items for unlockables, you always have a reason to keep going forward to do something new. The official web site claims that this game lasts 40+ hours...but I'm currently at 180 and I feel like I'll never finish. Expand
  21. KingK.
    Aug 11, 2008
    Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. Even if you're a Final Fantasy Tactics whore who would take a bullet for Square Enix if it means that you'll be able to play their next game, then this game will take all those emotions and throw them in a bin. Then the bin would probably explode.
  22. MarkP.
    Nov 20, 2003
    AWESOME. Period. 'Nuff said!!
  23. MarceloG.
    Dec 9, 2003
    hell of a game, i never played a game this addicting... I've played hundreds of RPG's but this one takes the applauses.
  24. AceI.
    Aug 28, 2003
    Wicked game!
  25. MikeW.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Obvious:FFTactics had better graphics, but that's what our imagination is for. Incredible depth, good story, and amusing quips make this a classic.
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    Loved this game the moment I played it. As long as you don't mind the anime story telling, this title started the best strategy RPG series to date. I still can't believe how deep these games can be. Atlus had really outdone themselves.

#47 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. What we have here is a game that follows the norm in basic premise as to what we’ve come to expect from console strategy RPGs, but twists it just enough to play a little different and still be very fun.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Atlus separates the men from the quivering, weeping boys with one of the funniest, deepest, and downright dastardly RPG's you'll ever play. [Oct 2003, p.150]
    I thought I had totally burnt myself out, playing for over four hours a day for over a week. I wondered if it was possible to ruin a game by playing it too much. But 60 hours in, I still want more.