Drakengard PlayStation 2

8.9

1. AnonymousMC
    Mar 8, 2004
    Dynasty Warriors does a better job of on the ground fighting, and the air missions are aggrivating. Even more aggrivating is how the dragon and Veredelt will pop up to yell nonsense at you during missions and obscure the friggin' minimap.
    For all that, though, I like this game. It's not very deep, but if you just want to slice up some suckers, it's fun. The worst part is DEFINITLY the story, which is totally nonsensical. Anyone who says it's deep or even understandable is a liar. I brought, but you should rent.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    The more you progress in the game, the crazier the story gets. It is not a bad one, just unusual. The graphics, despite the FMVs, are bad and also the fighting animations are stiffly. At least you can fly with a dragon.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    Tedious entertainment. I like the story and the concept of the dragon. I like the weapon and how as they level up you can get some kind of story about their origin. I can put up with the repetitive attack pattern one,two,three special... But two things that really brought my enjoyment down were the camera, it sucks not being able to slowly adjust the camera, instead you are force to useTedious entertainment. I like the story and the concept of the dragon. I like the weapon and how as they level up you can get some kind of story about their origin. I can put up with the repetitive attack pattern one,two,three special... But two things that really brought my enjoyment down were the camera, it sucks not being able to slowly adjust the camera, instead you are force to use the block button to look ahead or the right analog stick which sends the camera in a crazy whirl, that and the fact that you can't save in the middle of a stage suck. After playing for nearly an hour it really annoys me when I get killed because I had little life and made a stupid mistake. I understand not wanting players to save every so often so that they can become pretty much immortal, but you could have limited the saves during gameplay to two, hell even one would have been enough. Just so that you don't loose 40+min of gameplay. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2017
    Let's say I will say this game is a 7 technically even tho is a 4 gameplay wise in half of the scenarios. What I mean? I mean the parts where you control Caim are tedious but the combat over Angel (Angelus) like a Ace Combat or Panzer Dragoon are good. The game is too lenghty so if you're seeking of completing it, go find a partner to divide efforts or watch the story via YouTube. MaybeLet's say I will say this game is a 7 technically even tho is a 4 gameplay wise in half of the scenarios. What I mean? I mean the parts where you control Caim are tedious but the combat over Angel (Angelus) like a Ace Combat or Panzer Dragoon are good. The game is too lenghty so if you're seeking of completing it, go find a partner to divide efforts or watch the story via YouTube. Maybe Yoko Taro makes a Remastered some day. This is the start of the great Drag-On Dragoon (Drakengard) Series which created a universe from the 800's to the years 11k on NieR Automata. Prepare to read a few mangas, novellas, and watch all kind of contents about the universe because it was made with a lot of joy by Taro San. Expand

#55 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#21 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. It seems ironic that in Square Enix’s attempts to make a game appealing to fans of two genres they have actually created a game that features pretty standard gameplay and may not attract its intended audience.
  2. Just isn't fun enough to keep you playing. With repetitive missions, no multiplayer and mediocre gameplay, it often devolves into a chore.
  3. Two genres thrown together that don’t really try to be better than the games that they’re based on, descending into a mundane exercise in repetition.