Ephemeral Fantasia PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jul 9, 2001
6.3

1. Jul 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wanted to like this game, I really did...

It has restrictions on timeframes whereby you have to be at a specific place at a certain time in order to progress, which can be difficult and unappealing after the initial playing wears off. There are constant monotonous battles, you are frequently left scratching your head about what you need to do next, and the load times in between areas on the PS2 can send you to sleep.

The graphics are poor, although I can personally see past those if the plot or gameplay pull me in, for EF they just add to the list of weaknesses.

When the music and mini-games are the only things preventing the game receiving a zero score, you know that its a dud.
  2. Vicious_AD
    Aug 7, 2005
    Generally bad game. I wanted so badly to give it a chance but it was just so terrible. The only thing it had going for it was the way the girls where dressed. It tried to do a system simmilar to the konami guitar game (usually found in arcades), but failed miserably at trying to port a system like that to the PS2. On top of all that, they start you out having to play songs that are way Generally bad game. I wanted so badly to give it a chance but it was just so terrible. The only thing it had going for it was the way the girls where dressed. It tried to do a system simmilar to the konami guitar game (usually found in arcades), but failed miserably at trying to port a system like that to the PS2. On top of all that, they start you out having to play songs that are way way too difficult for a biginner that has no idea what they're doing (like most players would be at that point). The controls where all whacky and hard to understand, it never explained any of the controls or features like most rpg's do, and the gameplay was very slow and uneventful. Because of the 5 day; day night time system, the only events that happened where at sertain times during the course of the five days, so you['d find yourself wandering around aimlessly waiting for the next event to happen. All in all I was very dissappointed with this game, and I tried several times to give it a chance, but I finally gave up. One of the worst RPG's I've ever played. Maybe even the very worst. Expand
  3. LoganD.
    May 31, 2005
    This has got to be the worst game ever, it has horrible graphics and sounds.

#26 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#36 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The few folks with the patience needed to understand the game's design goals and unusual approach will find a game with a lot of depth and a truly offbeat adventure. Those who abhor repetition and like their quests spelled out for them should stay away.
  2. A throwback to the way RPGs used to be made before polygons. With anime-style characters and a firm story and gameplay, this game should be enjoyable for anyone who can get past the graphical weaknesses.
  3. Despite the possibilty of too much repetition or worklike feeling, EF brings the first true traditional RPG to the PS2. The story is interesting, the mini-games unique, the characters vivid and the locations fascinating.