ESPN NBA 2K5 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 30, 2004
7.5

1. DannyP.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Espn 2k5 beats Nba live in graphics, gameplay and 24/7 mode. Buy Espn, cheaper too.
  2. Rye
    Sep 30, 2004
    Great Basketball game. Much better than Live.
  3. DanielD
    Nov 5, 2004
    The best of the hoops game in terms of realism, a bit on the difficult side for beginners to get into. MUCH better than live, if you are looking for a sim.
  4. JohnC.
    Oct 4, 2004
    This game beats live by a longshot it has great realism and it is THE GREATEST basketball game i have ever played.
  5. JahmalS.
    Oct 4, 2004
    The Best Game out. go cop it.
  6. JonV.
    Oct 6, 2004
    It's awesome with a capital "A".
    Jan 6, 2005
    Very good, i play it all day.
  8. JonT.
    Feb 20, 2005
    I think it is a good game because the gameplay is longlasting and the graphics are amazing. all the players look like themselves in the sim and the player control is good too.
  9. Austin
    May 20, 2005
    I love this game its the best ever.
  10. AlexS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is one of the best hoop games I have rver played. A few things anger me, like the fact big menn don't post up with authority. Also, the AI does some retarted things that might anger some. Overall, though, it is easily better than live nad will have u playing till next year.
  11. StevenC.
    Sep 30, 2004
    This game is awesome. It beats Live by a long shot.
  12. MarcD.
    Nov 3, 2004
    The best hoops videogame this year.
  13. EdmundC.
    Dec 22, 2004
    This is a good game for a cheap price. good graphics.
  14. KodyS.
    Dec 11, 2004
    NBA 2K5 is by far the best sports game of the year. Graphics are sweet, gameplay is solid, and the Association is awesome. The only thing that bothered me was the turnovers. It seemed like everytime I passed the ball, it was picked off. I hope that is tweaked a bit in next year's version. Overall, the game rocks the socks off of NBA Live....That game is terrible!!! If you want a NBA 2K5 is by far the best sports game of the year. Graphics are sweet, gameplay is solid, and the Association is awesome. The only thing that bothered me was the turnovers. It seemed like everytime I passed the ball, it was picked off. I hope that is tweaked a bit in next year's version. Overall, the game rocks the socks off of NBA Live....That game is terrible!!! If you want a complete NBA video game, then pick this one up....20$ bucks???? R u kidding.. Expand

#43 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#36 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

If you already own "ESPN NBA 2K4" basketball game, 2K5 is probably not worth the dough -- prettier graphics aren't enough. The $20 price tag puts it in reach of most everyone else, though.
  2. The newly enhanced IsoMotion works just a tad better than last year but it still has a way to go, fortunately the rest of the game plays like a dream and the 24/7 Mode is even more awesome than before.
  3. Play Magazine
    It just shies away from greatness given how good last year's game was. [Dec 2004, p.103]