• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 21, 2003
8.4

1. ScottS
    Oct 24, 2003
    Game is the bomb. Its a 10, I wish it had a throwback jersey option like espn football. But still a great game.
  2. NicholasB.
    Jan 20, 2004
    This game is crazy love the way you can create your player and team.
  3. JasonG.
    Mar 10, 2004
    This game is the best basketball game ever made. It has the best features, the best game play, and the best realism of any basketball game I've ever seen. Anybody who thinks this is a bad game must be playing something besides ESPN NBA basketball. This game is much better than NBA Live. I can't see how anybody would think this game is even close to bad.
  4. EdwardF.
    Mar 30, 2004
    I think the controls are easy.rebounding and dunking are very easy.
  5. H.S.
    Jun 30, 2004
    This game is the best nba game of all time. Moreovrer the 24/7 mode is addictive. The graphics are awesome. You can play on the street or start your own dynasty.
  6. MattM.
    Oct 22, 2003
    The players shooting is much like "Inside Drive". The only bad thing about it is that its way too hard to get around the defense with IsoMotion.
  7. PhilG.
    Oct 24, 2003
    I've always been a big fan of the 2k series, and it's going to continuie this year. The Franchise mode has always been the best a, and still is. The gameplay has always been the best, and has gotten faster and smoother. And if you don't buy the game for these two reasons, you might want to buy it just for 24/7 mode. All in all, once again, Visual Concepts wins the I've always been a big fan of the 2k series, and it's going to continuie this year. The Franchise mode has always been the best a, and still is. The gameplay has always been the best, and has gotten faster and smoother. And if you don't buy the game for these two reasons, you might want to buy it just for 24/7 mode. All in all, once again, Visual Concepts wins the basketball crown. Now if they can just put some more touch into football to edge themselves over Madden, I think they will be the undisputed, sports video games champion of the world. Expand
  8. JeremyT.
    Oct 24, 2003
    I think this is the worst basketball game I have ever played. I don't know why this gets such good ratings. There is absolutely no realism what so ever. The game is too hard. The defense is bogus. I can't even make a shot on offense. This game sucks.
  9. BillF.
    Oct 27, 2003
    ESPN Basketball could be a whole hell of a lot better. NBA Live has 100 times better game play than it and if anybody disagrees then they don't know what to look for in a basketball game. I will give Espn props on game modes though if it had Lives game play with espn's gae modes it would be raw. And just one other note EA Sports is the king of sports games and always will be.
  10. JM
  11. JM
  12. JM
  13. Chrisj
    Jan 22, 2004
    Good game to hard to dunk and but great modes and gameplay a must play game.
  14. JBalla
    Mar 12, 2004
    This game is the hottest 2K4 edition of Basketball. It's realistic and correct gameplay puts it in the "on fire" mode.This game is crisp and clear and is fun so It never gets old. The realisticness and crisp clear graphics make it fun instead of dull to play. This game is a proud show off for all the games with unrealistic graphics,weak dull super nintendo graphics, because it is the This game is the hottest 2K4 edition of Basketball. It's realistic and correct gameplay puts it in the "on fire" mode.This game is crisp and clear and is fun so It never gets old. The realisticness and crisp clear graphics make it fun instead of dull to play. This game is a proud show off for all the games with unrealistic graphics,weak dull super nintendo graphics, because it is the best. If you want a game with futuristic clearitiy and crisp sharp graphics then this is the game. HOLLA ATCHA BOY. Expand
  15. B.O.
    Nov 17, 2003
    I like the 24/7 modes, and the game is off the hook ya all.
  16. GC
    Nov 4, 2003
    This game is great, usually the ones that gave this game bad reviews are the dumb ones that hates everything they dont know how to play...
  17. DayoA.
    Oct 21, 2003
    Im going to be honest. This was the best game of basketball i have ever played, a must have game even if don't know much about b-ball.
  18. JasonT.
    Oct 21, 2003
    Best game in the buisness, Does any one want my live 2004 cause i sure am not playing it again.
  19. TysonB.
    Feb 13, 2004
    Espn nba basketball has a good presentation, great graphics, a new 24/7 mode, all 29 nba teams, and good competive gameplay that gives this game a pretty good look.
  20. OlisaelokaakathenextbigOImonugo
    Feb 23, 2004
    Anybody who says that ESPN nba basketball sucks needs to get their heads checked. Either they think the game is too hard or because they got a whupping from their little brothers or sisters. You have got to love the game not only graphic wise but because it is very realistic. For example: Your player can get tired on Espn nba B-ball but on Live they run up and down the court so fast that Anybody who says that ESPN nba basketball sucks needs to get their heads checked. Either they think the game is too hard or because they got a whupping from their little brothers or sisters. You have got to love the game not only graphic wise but because it is very realistic. For example: Your player can get tired on Espn nba B-ball but on Live they run up and down the court so fast that it makes you wonder if they are using steriods. Expand

1. It's the bugs, the lousy camera, ... and absolute necessity to adjust all of the gameplay sliders to find that decent game that shoots the overall score way down.
  2. Treads the fine line between simulation and arcade play - and pulls it off. It's quite simply the best hoops game on the PS2. [Dec 2003, p.40]
  3. If you are planning on buying only one basketball game this year, ESPN NBA Basketball is the one to get.