• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jul 20, 2004
8.2

1. Kevin.
    Aug 14, 2004
    Anyone that rates this game higher than Madden should be publicly stoned to death so that everyone knows that there is a price to be paid for being a dumbass. Madden rules. ESPN's playability is comparable Madden 98. On defense, the control is garbage, and on offense it's way too easy. I guess if you suck, this game might be the one for you.
  2. CaseyP.
    Jul 22, 2004
    This game does not compare to Madden in any which way. Randall Cunningham is the greatest quarterback ever.
  3. BobS.
    Aug 5, 2004
    This game can't even carry Madden's jock strap. This game is worse than the 989 games. I can't believe I wasted 20 dollars on this horrible excuse for a game.
  4. RobW.
    Aug 9, 2004
    This game would get a zero, but I was able to return it for a $20 credit that I will put towards Madden. I agree with some other guy that said this looked, and played about as well as Madden 98.
  5. MikeS.
    Sep 25, 2004
    Doesn't even compare to Madden. Don't bother!
  6. JohnnyC.
    Nov 16, 2004
    I like the player celebrations but that's it.

1. Visual Concepts has done an awesome job of squeezing every ounce of power that the PlayStation 2 has to offer while developing this game. The player’s faces look like their real life counter parts, and everything is smoothly animated.
  2. Deep, customizable gameplay along with a number of innovative features go a long way to giving "Madden" a run for its money.
  3. For all of its excellent modes and gameplay, however, ESPN NFL 2K5's greatest asset comes in the form of its graphics. Hands down, flat out, undeniably, inarguably, this is the best-looking football game ever made.