EyeToy: Play PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 4, 2003
7.5

1. Matt
    Jan 2, 2004
    I am almost certian everyone will love this thing, but after about 4-5 hours later it will start to lose its novelty.
  2. TXConsumer
    Nov 8, 2003
    This thing is incredible. I find myself playing it for hours and hours with family. If you are concerned about your kids playing too many games and not getting enough excercise...then this is the best of both worlds. It's fun for both adults and children. It's definitely a great party item. The games are pretty neat but I can hardly wait until sony releases more. This thing cost This thing is incredible. I find myself playing it for hours and hours with family. If you are concerned about your kids playing too many games and not getting enough excercise...then this is the best of both worlds. It's fun for both adults and children. It's definitely a great party item. The games are pretty neat but I can hardly wait until sony releases more. This thing cost about the same as a regular new release game. I don't think you can go wrong here. Go out and buy one! Expand
  3. JulianO.
    Nov 7, 2003
    This is unreal!!! I saw the demo at San Diego Comicon on August 2001, and they had huge lines of people wanting impatient to play. I was one of them and I can?t believe that now I have it at home. It?s like being in the role of Tom Cruise in Minority Report, but without the glove. I can?t wait for more games to come. You'll love it!! I do, and my wife does, too!! (She usually This is unreal!!! I saw the demo at San Diego Comicon on August 2001, and they had huge lines of people wanting impatient to play. I was one of them and I can?t believe that now I have it at home. It?s like being in the role of Tom Cruise in Minority Report, but without the glove. I can?t wait for more games to come. You'll love it!! I do, and my wife does, too!! (She usually doesn't play with this stuff, so you can tell how cool the EyeToy is...) Expand
  4. Clay
    Jan 24, 2004
    It is an amazing game. Technology at it finest..... and it is one heck of a good time.
    Feb 20, 2004
    A brillant game for those that have got a sense of humor, those who havent, well you need a life.
  6. Sam
    Aug 12, 2004
    Awesome!!!!!!! The eyetoy takes gaming to the next level.
  7. RAVIP.
    Nov 30, 2003
    Not good.
  8. NoahS.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Highly addicting, whether your busting ninjas, dancing, spinning plates, boxing, or heading a soccer ball. Some of the games aren't very good, like UFO juggler, or ghost eliminator, but other than those, it's perfect. Buy it now so you get it before groove, play 2, fight, and sports come out in the us.
  9. Liz
    Jun 13, 2005
    Not so great without a friend to help but with a group of friends and some water, its the best game ever!
  10. KyleK.
    Nov 22, 2003
    This is a fantastic idea for a game because your the controller. energetic or not you'll have fun.
  11. Jul 15, 2013
    The motion controls are certainly a novelty to start with but, due to the lack of accuracy of the EyeToy itself and shallow nature of all the mini-games, that novelty soon wears off. As a result very few people will still be using it regularly after more than a couple of weeks.

1. PSM Magazine
    Great for parties and provides a very unique experience, but there's not a lot of replay potential for solo players. Still, the concept is definitely exciting. [Nov 2003, p.44]
  2. The end results may be somewhat shallow for most serious gamers' liking, but it's a quirky, fun, amusing, and heart-warming addition to the PS2.
  3. GMR Magazine
    The Eye Toy experience suffers from the overall lack of precision one would expect from a game that involves little more than waving your hands in vague motions at your TV, but it's still a bold experiment. [Nov 2003, p.86]