FIFA 07 Soccer PlayStation 2

7.7

1. JeromeE.
    Oct 4, 2006
    I am a long time Pro Evo user. After reading many reviews stating FIFA is almost there I thought I
  2. JoshR.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Clearly an imitation of Pro Evo and not a very good one. At least it has licensing thoough.
  3. MarkM.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Not very good at all. Bring on Pro Evo 6.
  4. PatS.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Unplayable. I returned it and put the credit towards PES6. It's a game for people who are such diehard fans of a particular team/player, that they don't care how bad the game is as long as Crouch does the robot or Beckham's hairstyle is minutes up-to-date.
  5. ThapsK.
    Oct 23, 2006
    Buy it if you are a ManUTD fan.
  6. UweP.
    Sep 29, 2006
    FIFA is beginning to feel more and more like the superior Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven series, but it's still not good enough. To be honest, I wish some one else (not Codemasters and their pitiful Sensible Soccer update) could make a fun football game again - something fast, arcadey and fun. The problem with both PES and FIFA here is that whether the players hit the target, FIFA is beginning to feel more and more like the superior Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven series, but it's still not good enough. To be honest, I wish some one else (not Codemasters and their pitiful Sensible Soccer update) could make a fun football game again - something fast, arcadey and fun. The problem with both PES and FIFA here is that whether the players hit the target, win a tackle etc. is largely down to somewhat random AI calculations and not player skill. I think what FIFA 07 (and PES) simply lacks is fast, accesible and skill-focused gameplay. Expand

#22 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#15 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    This is the key reason why FIFA 07 will keep you playing, because it's the first in the series that gets inside your head and forces you to give a toss... FIFA has finally managed to meld both style and substance. [Oct 2006, p.84]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Playing cup matches in the middle of the season against Hartlepool and Macclesfield is refreshing, and the new passing system is a welcomed improvement. However, the controls are too complicated, AI knows how to cheat, the ball behaves strangely and tactically FIFA 07 is much too simple. [Sept 2006]
  3. Game Informer
    Gameplay, meanwhile, makes some minor adjustments this year--giving a few more control options including the ability to play with a scheme that is identical to Konami's "Winning Eleven" button layout. [Oct. 2006, p.94]