Final Fantasy X-2 PlayStation 2

7.1

1. Aug 3, 2016
    The storyline could be better but the gameplay is great and the controls and rpg mechanics are one of the best of the whole series. This game should not be mixed.
  2. Mar 15, 2016
    An insult to everyone that loves final fantasy and especially final fantasy X. Very poor storyline, poor music, poor graphics for when it came out, extremely boring... But the worst thing is not just all that crap, it's that it messes with the great story from Final Fantasy X. Remember Yuna? The demure and strong girl that was to give her life for people to live in peace another 10 years,An insult to everyone that loves final fantasy and especially final fantasy X. Very poor storyline, poor music, poor graphics for when it came out, extremely boring... But the worst thing is not just all that crap, it's that it messes with the great story from Final Fantasy X. Remember Yuna? The demure and strong girl that was to give her life for people to live in peace another 10 years, the girl that would marry the devil himself if that makes people have something happy to talk about. Well that girl is now jumping around seeking new dresses. That is how bad FFX-2 is. Definetely aimed for 14 year old girls that have 0 experience with video games, I'll just give it a 3 for the combat system and for LeBlanc, which was truly an interesting character. Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2016
    Perfect - this game is simply amazing! The battle system is the best, the music is the best, the job system is the best, shaping your own ending is pure genius, the characters are all amazing and Paine is a very mysterious and amazing character for her first appearance. Her past is amazing too! I love the LeBlanc syndicate and the Gullwings (except Brother..) and i really love thePerfect - this game is simply amazing! The battle system is the best, the music is the best, the job system is the best, shaping your own ending is pure genius, the characters are all amazing and Paine is a very mysterious and amazing character for her first appearance. Her past is amazing too! I love the LeBlanc syndicate and the Gullwings (except Brother..) and i really love the mission-based gameplay, non-linear in every aspect! This game hands-down beats the hell out of X! Expand
  4. Nov 22, 2015
    Why did it come to this? Sakaguchi's series didn't need this sort of disgrace. Honestly? The gameplay was decent. It was a fresh change of pace to a tired formula, which I could praise. But this games most unforgivable flaw is what it did to FFX's story.

Yuna wqas an incredibly strong female lead for FFX. Honestly, she was the central character the whole time, and I consider her the main character. She made the decisions, chose the path they'd walk, and saved the world. She was shy and meek at first, but by the end she was strong enough to shurg off the chains of religion and destiny and shook the whole world to its core. She was a person everyone should admire, who happened to be female.

Yet in X-2, she's reduced to a fanservice character and valley girl. Why? I can understand wanting to have a female lead again after all these years (FF VI) but it was done so poorly. Like they wanted to make a feminist statement but missed the mark horribly. Yuna rants on about clothes and shopping and cute boys and treasure hunting. Gone and dead is the strong character I came to know in X. She's been replaced by this shallow child that has stolen her face and voice.

Not to mention the fact that the entire story was random butt pull after butt pull where things happen for no foreshadowed reason, since they were trying to tie the story to a completed, closed one. And for all the torturous turns it takes, they were pointless. The best ending you can get is the ending we already HAD after X. But with the beauty and subtlety removed from it.

So while I can't say it fails as a game since the gameplay is relatively solid, I can't ever forgive SE for what they did to the series with this entry. The beginning of a long decline and the death of my youth. I hope that XV's new direction puts an end to all of this. SE has proven they can't make what they made when they still had Sakaguchi. So maybe when they try for something different, we'll see better results. I trust the KH team, and eagerly await the loosening of Disney's shackles in the form of XV.
  5. Oct 30, 2015
    Amazing game by the legendary director, Motomu Toriyama.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 was the first sequel in the FINAL FANTASY series and since it we've had sequels for FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY IV & FINAL FANTASY XIII. It revisited the Active Time Battle System which brought a faster pace to battles. It was a nice change, and I definitely enjoyed it. It also introduced a mountain
    Amazing game by the legendary director, Motomu Toriyama.

It also introduced a mountain load of mini-games, this can be good and bad. Some of these are connected to story events which unfortunately means you will miss out on completing the story 100% if you don't complete them. They also re-envisioned the addicting Blitzball as a coaching simulator game which I found was a shame. I'd love to see Square Enix develop a game called "FINAL FANTASY X -Blitzball World Cup-".

The story wasn't as good as FINAL FANTASY X's but it would be very hard to top that anyway, I still enjoyed the story a lot.

Another challenging trophy list, but not quite as difficult as X's I feel.

Once again, another great job has been done by Square Enix to remaster this game in high definition.

A ton of replay value, you have to replay it via New Game+ just need to complete the story 100%. It has the most replay value in the series till this day. It also has a huge amount of side quests and cutscenes you're bound to miss if you aren't careful.

I feel this game is underrated.
  6. May 15, 2015
  7. Jan 4, 2015
    The combat in this Final Fantasy title may be the best in the entire series.
    But, there are some major issues with this game. First off, I hope you enjoy feeling like you're trapped inside a Britney Spears video. Because that's where you're going to be for the entire game. I love **** like Britney and Katy Perry and at times even I felt it was a bit much.
    If you enjoy time bar-turn based
    The combat in this Final Fantasy title may be the best in the entire series.
    If you enjoy time bar-turn based combat and don't mind the over girly tones, this game is an absolute must buy.
  8. Feb 19, 2014
    I felt embarrassed playing X-2. X-2 was made for teeny boppers. Or the J-pop crowd in Japan. If you fit into this demographic, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's certainly not for me. The music is horrible for an RPG. It's not "fantasy" at all. Yuna becomes a Lara Croft version of a pop star? What the hell? SE tried far too hard to make X-2 "hip." ie: "You scored a potion!"
  9. Jan 23, 2014
    Final Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lotFinal Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lot of stereotypes and sexism. The battle system was a big overhaul from X and while it is much easier than X, it's also more complicated as well. The dressphere and Garment Grid system was also a great addition and it gave the game a more magical and mystical feel. Most of the characters from X are in the game but only as cameos. Some of them are even bosses that you have to fight against. All of the locations from X are back and some of them even have secret dungeons that you have to go through hell and high water just to access which makes the game pretty difficult.

Unlike X, the gameplay is non-linear which means you can control where the story goes. Also there are a lot of side quests, mini-games, and secret places that you can access which makes this game have a LOT of replay value. But some of the secret dungeons are very difficult even for veteran gamers and you might get very frustrated. There are several endings and the one you get depends on the percentage completion that you have when you complete the game. However, it's impossible to get 100% completion in one playthrough but there's something that can remedy that. There's a New Game+ feature which lets you play all over again with everything you've obtained. But you're not getting off that easily! You start back over at Level 1 so things won't be too easy for you.

The music in X-2 was quite amazing and it was a big change from X but in a good way. The songs in the game (Real Emotion and 1000 Words) are quite wonderful and you'll want to listen to them all over again. The three characters that you'll be using (Yuna, Rikku, and a new girl Paine) are an awesome trio indeed. Yuna has changed quite a lot from X. She has developed some of Tidus's traits and is more worldly and outspoken as well as playful. But she still retains some of her old traits from X so she hasn't completely changed. Rikku for the most part is still the same person she was from X. Nothing about her has changed. Aside from her appearance of course. Then there's the new girl Paine. She's a stark contrast to Yuna and Rikku and is a mystery for most of the game. It's up to the player to uncover her past and hopefully her true self. Paine is my favorite out of the three girls and is a wonderful addition to the game.

Overall, Final Fantasy X-2 is an amazing game that shouldn't have any hate at all. It's the perfect RPG that will suit all of your needs!
  10. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The successor to Final Fantasy X is not as good as the original does not mean it is bad. To me the biggest bust was a combat system that tried to be I do not know what. Certainly not Final Fantasy. However, to him will get used to then give to draw in quite neatly stacked history. The graphics are the same as in the predecessor. The music in this part of the predominant Pop (could not be otherwise because of the story). There were songs that were annoying but you could also come across a so-called "pearls". As for the bosses It could have been much better. With Leblanc and her entourage fight a few times so you can complain about the repetition. However, other "villains" are designed with the idea and passion. The maximum exposure assessment prevented me sometimes annoying music and repeatability bosses. Expand
  11. Dec 26, 2013
    Why?? New gameplay mechanics are new and interesting features and possibly the best part of the game. But hiding great system under dresspheres why? Again awful story with annoying characters.
  12. Oct 25, 2013
    Hate the day SE made this game... X should have ended with Tidus dying if would've been a perfect ending instead Yuna is trying to chase a girl's dream for her dream prince with her somewhat *sexy* team the Gullwings, and now sfter Sin died It's a free world and many girls now run around half naked.
    The story doesen't work at all for me it's just another way of SE to milk a game. And what makes the story even worse is that it's absolutley impossible to finish the gae 100% to get the perfect ending, after the third time trying to get it without cheating which I guessed every goddamn kid playing this game did due to the fact you can't finish the game perfect without a guide. The game is built in a way that you might need to talk to person A, in chapter 1 who direct's you to talk to person B in chapter 2 who sit's behind a box, unavailable too see on the screen. Person B want's you to find an item the can only be obtained when you are at a certain place in chapter 4 that's also behind some stupid box and that leads you to person C who's in chapter 5 and you have to talk to him in a place you never gonna visit before the last boss and woalla! you have no earned yourself 2%. now you just gotta do that for the other 40 due the fact the you will get 40 from just finishing the game and the other 20% aresome what extra that you get so everyone ends with at least a good ending...
    Well the good thing about this game has to be the battle system, nice flor. you can attack with timed attacks for extra effect and the job system is nice.
    Well as a matter of fact the only thing that makes me play this game is the battle mode and the coin game (another math game) Yeah I like it.
  13. Sep 11, 2013
    I really do believe that this game got allot too much negative criticism that it didn't deserve. I liked it. It was nice that they finally decided to actually continue a story line from a previous game, especially since FF X ended on such a sad note.

FF X-2 was a nice change of pace and Square finally tried to do a few fresh ideas, and revive some old ones. The job system was really fun to use as it was cool being able to switch your characters into whatever roles you wanted them in. Problem was that some of the jobs were slightly overpowered and really put the others on the back bench. But this is just a minor point as it did not detract for the experience.

1000 Words is perhaps the most beautiful in game song I have ever heard, and I still listen to it to this day. Gives me chills every time I hear it.

Overall:
    FF X-2 does exactly what it intends to do: and that is to be a sequel to FF X. It does a great job of wrapping up the story arc and if you manage to get 100% also the happy ending we all really wished for in FF X.
  14. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In all honesty I hated this game, they ruined the story for me and beings that's all I bought it for its getting a really bad review. To start off, the main character in this game has gone through complete lifestyle change after her religion in the first game was smashed (which to a degree makes sense) but who would go from being someone willing to sacrifice themselves for everyone else, to a pop star that is continuously in search of her lost boy friend? Now, if I can over look all the stupid dancing you focus in on the enemies, the main villains in the game are jokes, they want to be rich pop stars and are trying to steal the main characters identity? If that isn't bad enough by the end of those same villains are showing their good side and helping you out. Then there is the battle system, I'll admit its kind of neat, but the AI is always going to be able to make choices faster than a player, if it paused when you were making choices it'd be pretty cool, but as it is its just X's system that ignores the time it takes for players to make decisions, allowing your enemies to sneak more hits in why you try to select your dang attack. Finally there is the ending, the reason why anyone played this game was to find Tidus, that's what everyone wants to see, and after watching YouTube see you actually can, not that I'd have ever figured that out because you have to get a 100% completion, and the game really isn't enough fun to make one want to grid through it to get there.

So in all, I found the characters to be over simplified, the battle system okay, the story dumbed down, the music rather meh, the sphere grid lame, the recycling of all the environments to be rather lazy (except the villain that they rebuilt, that was cool, but most of the new areas were just hall ways that used the same tile over and over), some of the puzzles were good, but in all it just left me wanting more.

They also recycled all the aeons as bosses, and your base is a flying car... literally.

I could easily have given this game a better review if I wouldn't have played the other one first, but after playing X and then X2 you realize how much they recycled and then failed to produce a good story, this seems more like a budge saving game to milk people's money who loved X.
  15. May 2, 2013
    In my opinion, the best Final Fantasy title on Playstation 2. Also, I think this is the best one since the Super Nintendo titles were released, they had something going, too bad they messed it up with 11 and 12.
  16. Apr 6, 2013
    A decent game, naturally inferior to its predecessor and one of the easiest and shortest Final Fantasies I've ever played. FF X-2 also features an almost jarring change in tone; it's cheesy, silly, funny and quite (really) feminine with some serious elements buried under all that, but at it's heart it's fan-service for anyone dedicated enough to follow a Piggyback guide to the letter inA decent game, naturally inferior to its predecessor and one of the easiest and shortest Final Fantasies I've ever played. FF X-2 also features an almost jarring change in tone; it's cheesy, silly, funny and quite (really) feminine with some serious elements buried under all that, but at it's heart it's fan-service for anyone dedicated enough to follow a Piggyback guide to the letter in order to view some FMV of a re-united Yuna and you-know-who. I found the game became something of a chore by its third chapter, as the player is forced to re-visit locations and re-tread their steps several times not only from previous chapters, but from the first game. Expand
  17. Mar 5, 2013
    The ATB System of Final Fantasy X-2 is the best ATB in the entire series. The Job system is a throwback to the older ff games. Overall i was suprised that FF X-2 actually is really a good game, despite that a major part of the game is pure fan service and having only 3 ladies to play.
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    Probably the worst final fantasy to date. I thought the story was horrible. They took final fantasy x and made a terrible sequel aimed at a completely different audience, I didn't like anything about it. I played it solely for the fact that it's a final fantasy with familiar characters.
  19. Mar 20, 2012
    Sailor moon + charlie´s angels + Britney Spears + Japan idol Pop + hot and sexy = Final Fantasy X-2. The first great spot in Final Fantasy´s history.
  20. Feb 29, 2012
    Amazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). thisAmazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). this game has a much more "quirky" and upbeat atmosphere than its predecessor but it suits the game well imo. its 2012 now so the graphics are not amazing but the variety of locations and their design is still great(like most SE games). the music is also well done here and always suits the tone and locale of the game. like x the characters are very likable(for the most part) and it is cool to see how everyone has changed over the course of 2 years.all in all this is one of my favourites, yes it has flaws and won't be for everyone but imo it gets a 10. Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2011
    I surprised myself with this game. I was expecting disappointment but X-2 is quite fun. I don't appreciate the fan service that much and the story still suffered plot holes and stupidity that X had but the dress sphere system was a complete revelation to me because it was a throwback to the Job System (a gameplay mechanic that Square Enix should bring back) and I preferred it over X'sI surprised myself with this game. I was expecting disappointment but X-2 is quite fun. I don't appreciate the fan service that much and the story still suffered plot holes and stupidity that X had but the dress sphere system was a complete revelation to me because it was a throwback to the Job System (a gameplay mechanic that Square Enix should bring back) and I preferred it over X's sphere grid system. I also enjoyed its emphasis on side quests and its characters, though being fan service fodders, are quite fun. Honestly, I thought the dress sphere combat system was the main reason why enjoyed its game overall. I do understand why most people hate this game and that's because it is the one game in the series that is completely different. Not everyone likes change but I didn't mind the game's departure at all. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    Perhaps the worst game I've ever played... The 1st game that showed that SE quality demise... I wish I could travel back to the past and stop myself from buying this atrocious piece of %$@#*&.
  23. Nov 25, 2010
    If one were to ignore Final Fantasy X and just observe Final Fantasy X-2 by itself, you could conclude it as being light-hearted RPG with a fun, refreshing, and dynamic battle system arguably one of the best in the series. However, the epic story of Final Fantasy X is a difficult act to follow, and X-2 fails to live up to the bar that its predecessor set. In comparison to the traditional,If one were to ignore Final Fantasy X and just observe Final Fantasy X-2 by itself, you could conclude it as being light-hearted RPG with a fun, refreshing, and dynamic battle system arguably one of the best in the series. However, the epic story of Final Fantasy X is a difficult act to follow, and X-2 fails to live up to the bar that its predecessor set. In comparison to the traditional, grand, save the world storyline of Final Fantasy X, one can't help to feel that X-2 is just an epilogue to the epic story of Final Fantasy X and lacks the legs to stand on its own. Final Fantasy X-2 has a mission based non-linear type gameplay where the player will find themselves running through the world of Spira visiting old friends and tying loose ends while introducing new characters along the way. Many of these missions lack any urgency or sometimes any relevancy to the plot and I found my self lacking motivation to complete them, only trudging through them so that I could unlock the "true" ending (as a heads up, in addition to completing all the side tasks and missions, you must watch the entirety of every cut-scene or else you will need to play through the game again if you are going for the perfect ending on one play-through) . Those who played Final Fantasy X will find themselves in complete shock as to how much Spira and Yuna has changed following the events of X. I would go as far as to say a complete 180 degree turn from the serious nature of the first game. While this change of pace and lack of urgency might be refreshing to some, I felt frustrated. Instead of getting sucked into world of Spira all over again I just found myself asking why?.

While being more of a classic turn-based guy myself, I found X-2's take on the ATB battle system to be very fun. Players will find themselves switching between many classic FF jobs, around something called a garment grids which rewards players with various bonus's during battle for switching through different paths of jobs. The result is a flashy, fast paced battle which almost feels part fashion show, as each of the three main characters each have their own distinct look and style depending on the job.

Despite the lackluster story I can still recommend Final Fantasy X-2 to all but the most hardcore Final Fantasy X purists. The gameplay is sound and the storyline does provide some memorable experiences. However those expecting another epic in the same vein of Final Fantasy X will be disappointed. It is a nice conclusion to the Final Fantasy X storyline but in the end, that's all it feels like. The storyline of X-2 is nothing more than an afterthought, which in the end puts a damper on an RPG that contains some of the most fun exciting battles the Final Fantasy series has every seen.
  24. Nov 17, 2010
    I really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna weI really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna we knew and love. but no matter, this game was very nice, and it's one of my favorite of the final fantasy series. Expand
  25. Oct 23, 2010
    Very fun combat system and overall gameplay. The downside? the story is on the cheesy side and if you don't have a good stomach to tolerate it you might get turned off fast.
  26. Sep 28, 2010
    So far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves itSo far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves it purpose as an entertaining one. Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2010
    While outshined by its predecessor and a very radical departure from the series norm, Final Fantasy X-2 still manages to be highly entertaining and engrossing, with special mention to its frenetic and nuanced combat system.
  28. ArshadS
    Dec 7, 2009
    The girly theme here was abit (fill in adjective) at first. As sum1 that love to complete games 100% i felt the 8X% at first disturbing. probably after the 3rd try getting 100%. Graphics are great sound is well done and the Story goes abit here and there altho in the end....satisfying! Overall great game.
  29. ShanaS
    Sep 25, 2009
    I loved the game. Finally they make a game about girls. I really enjoyed this game. In my opinion ppl say they dont like it because their girls and blah blah blah. IT WAS WONDERFUL ! I dont care what anybody else says but this is one of my favorite games ever. No one cant convinced me otherwise.
  30. JessicaaM
    Dec 18, 2008
    Okay So It WasnT The Best InThe World. But Iloved It. I Still LIke The Frist One Wayy Moree Then the Secondd Onee! The Only Thing I Dont LIke Aboutt The Second One Is That They Should Have Made Somewayy For Yuna To Find In Stead Of At The End They Should Have Gave Hints He Was Coming Back Cause Then It Would Want To Make You Play it Moree. I Mean By The 3 Chapter She Gave Upp Lokking For Okay So It WasnT The Best InThe World. But Iloved It. I Still LIke The Frist One Wayy Moree Then the Secondd Onee! The Only Thing I Dont LIke Aboutt The Second One Is That They Should Have Made Somewayy For Yuna To Find In Stead Of At The End They Should Have Gave Hints He Was Coming Back Cause Then It Would Want To Make You Play it Moree. I Mean By The 3 Chapter She Gave Upp Lokking For Him But I Simplyy Love Itt! It Was Kinda Good And Every Where I Go I Feel Like Yuna, With Her Loverr So Yeaa. Expand
  31. AkibaH
    Nov 17, 2008
    you are missing the point you are 3 girls 2 of wich are the hotest babes in the history of final fantasy the battle system is amazing it has guns and sword good story best opening of all final fantasys awsome graphics i think it is one of the best final fantasys right under final fantasy 7 and 10 i loved i have besten it over 20 times if you dont like the game thin go fuck yore selfs
  32. AkiraS
    Sep 15, 2008
    I and Most agree the soundtrack of choice was poor and it did not meet up to its previous, FF10 game. But it really did stem out to the female Audience. I could enjoy an RPG that
  33. JoshP.
    Aug 2, 2008
    This, in itself, is a great game. Good feel to it, nice rpg elements, nice soundtrack, decent graphics, and a great battle system. The only problem is that the game is suppose to be a sequel to final fantasy X and a game in the Final Fantasy franchise. In Final Fantasy X, the key elements are its saddening story, compelling music, and fantasy aspects that fit in with 1-9. It seems more This, in itself, is a great game. Good feel to it, nice rpg elements, nice soundtrack, decent graphics, and a great battle system. The only problem is that the game is suppose to be a sequel to final fantasy X and a game in the Final Fantasy franchise. In Final Fantasy X, the key elements are its saddening story, compelling music, and fantasy aspects that fit in with 1-9. It seems more than a mistake to take those elements away and trade them for a sunshine feel with bubbley characters and J-pop music. People buying a sequel will most likely buy it because they enjoyed the 1st and want more which this game simply doesn't live up to. A good game, but not a good sequel. Expand
  34. AndrewN.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Not as good as Final Fantasy 10 and at times its a bit too girl power esque but still a really decent RPG. Its lighthearted humour and non linear gameplay adds an element of freshness to the series. Because it uses a lot of FF10s assets, it feels slightly inferior to a traditional sequel and at times it is a little too easy but its otherwise a genuinely great addition to the series. Had a Not as good as Final Fantasy 10 and at times its a bit too girl power esque but still a really decent RPG. Its lighthearted humour and non linear gameplay adds an element of freshness to the series. Because it uses a lot of FF10s assets, it feels slightly inferior to a traditional sequel and at times it is a little too easy but its otherwise a genuinely great addition to the series. Had a great intro as well. Expand
  35. AndrewC.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Uh...take one part FFX, one part Charlie's Angels, and you have FFX-2. This is about the most bizarre concept I've ever run into, and it ain't perfect. In fact, it all feels rather shallow. The character customization works pretty well and all, and the battles are a bit more interesting, but really...it's too strange and almost blasphemous for its own good.
  36. JesseD.
    Dec 25, 2006
    The game is excellent but I think that they could have called it "Sidequests: the Game" since most of the game is totally optional.
  37. DanA.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Still the most underrated game in the series. It's a shame that the casual gamers were so uncomfortable controlling three vaginas so they create the cloud that this game is bad or something. Great game.
  38. bryanMcCann
    Dec 2, 2006
    this is not the best final fantisy game but it is way better then final fantisy XII. so what if you play as girls what are people sexest. the graphics are ok and this was there fist try at a story after the main one (FFX) and now that the game is chepper i would get it.
  39. JoeshieB.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Let me start by saying that the biggest problem I had with this game was the atmosphere. Simply put, I felt like I was watching my Final Fantasy series being mashed with some horrible chick flick drivel. I mean, you have to go throw a concert in the Thunder Plains. A CONCERT! What's next? Help Yuna go pick out that fabulous prom dress she has always dreamed about or perhaps we should Let me start by saying that the biggest problem I had with this game was the atmosphere. Simply put, I felt like I was watching my Final Fantasy series being mashed with some horrible chick flick drivel. I mean, you have to go throw a concert in the Thunder Plains. A CONCERT! What's next? Help Yuna go pick out that fabulous prom dress she has always dreamed about or perhaps we should go try go try and find the elusive red lipstick that was stolen by the Al Bhed! Aside from the girlish atmosphere, the game also suffered from sub-par music and rather horrible voice acting. However, despite these huge problems, the game still has one saving grace. The battle system is one of the most enjoyable systems I have ever played. Overall, this game could have been so much more if it had dropped the Barbie or Pretty Pretty Princess approach. Expand
  40. D.Ramos
    Jun 30, 2006
    I Love Final Fantasy X-2 and X They are my favorite game characters of all time. I mean you can't find any better couple then them. Maybe some Movie stars should look at Tidus and Yuna's relationship. And I never got to see the perfect ending. My game messed up and then my little brother ended up throwing it away. =T Well. Thats all I have to say, If you don't like the I Love Final Fantasy X-2 and X They are my favorite game characters of all time. I mean you can't find any better couple then them. Maybe some Movie stars should look at Tidus and Yuna's relationship. And I never got to see the perfect ending. My game messed up and then my little brother ended up throwing it away. =T Well. Thats all I have to say, If you don't like the game. Try making one yourself. Expand
  41. Cap'nChang
    Jun 23, 2006
    I didn't even finish. EXTREMELY undeveloped storyline and like no challenge whatsoever.... I almost bought it too but I was like "Maybe I'll rent it first.." That thought saved me like $40 lol. Its pretty disapointing to like diehard final fantasy peeps but I mean it wasn't that bad... the graphics were awesome... and there were aeons in it... at least lol. I just wish I didn't even finish. EXTREMELY undeveloped storyline and like no challenge whatsoever.... I almost bought it too but I was like "Maybe I'll rent it first.." That thought saved me like $40 lol. Its pretty disapointing to like diehard final fantasy peeps but I mean it wasn't that bad... the graphics were awesome... and there were aeons in it... at least lol. I just wish there was more to choose from lol. Expand
  42. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    i really think it deserves a 9 but for all of you crittics, i will lower my standards for you:) its a good game. i love it really,but not as good as X.
  43. BonbonA.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Not good as FFX, though. The gameplay turns out to be a classic gameplay of RPG. The Dress Sphere system iz.. kinda ok, I mean just like old RPGs where you can change your jobs. Missions and other stuffs limit the gameplay, could be fun or boring at the same time. The story is between not too good and good, audio n graphics are fine, I have to say that I don't like the opening movie, Not good as FFX, though. The gameplay turns out to be a classic gameplay of RPG. The Dress Sphere system iz.. kinda ok, I mean just like old RPGs where you can change your jobs. Missions and other stuffs limit the gameplay, could be fun or boring at the same time. The story is between not too good and good, audio n graphics are fine, I have to say that I don't like the opening movie, the song was kinda horrible o__O. Limitation of characters doesn't help either. And no Aeons or Summon makes it worse.. (but the 3 Special Dress Spheres in the game subtitute it a lil' bit). After all is just a "good" videogame, and if you want continue the journey of FFX, you should buy this game, but you'll get bored once you finish the game. My rate is 6, but I give it 7, coz I'm an FF fan. Expand
  44. A.Delgado
    Jan 7, 2006
    I really really wanted to like this game...instead i can't stand it. Maybe if i was a 12 year old girl, or old enough to remember charlies angels i would like it. What can i say.... i really really dislike this game.
  45. RogerK.
    Jan 5, 2006
    I don't care what anyone else says this was one of the best final fantasys i ever played. And puting in all the time, just try to get the perfect ending was worth it. I liked X and also liked X-2. And i cant wait for final fantasy XII to come.
  46. RichardW.
    Nov 29, 2005
    While I LOVE FF and all....this one was sorta bad in the areas that usually make FF games so memorable. For one thing, it was totally lacking in the plot area, and most of the time I felt like I was just playing to find out what new skimpy costume I could get the characters into next.
  47. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Was admittedly a bit tentative at first, but this game really grew on me...its new combat system and awesome graphics make it a worthy sequel to the original...and if you manage to get the special ending, it gives you a feeling of closure that can only be desribed as truly gratifying!!!
  48. DanielleF.
    Jul 22, 2005
    Yeah, so, I am an die hard FF fan, but for not REALLY being an FF game, Squaresoft really got it right. I love the way to fight in the game. If only the music hadn´t been so irritating, it would have been great. You gotta love Yuna in this one too ;P She´s just friggin´awesome!
  49. DavidJ.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I say it's the best ff game i'v played.
  50. EayBlack
    Jul 16, 2005
    For the people who say this game is not the best sequel you are correct but for those who say this game just plain out sucks you are not a very good game critic. To me it was an okay game.
    Jul 8, 2005
    This is my only ff game (well I have kingdom hearts) I also like the music.
  52. ReginaH.
    Jul 7, 2005
    I loved the game. it has gd graphics and the story line was kool. i realli think it deserves a 10!!
  53. MattJ.
    Jul 7, 2005
    This game is very fun to play. It also has the best graphic through out the Final Fantasy Series. I love this game becuase it is so realstic and people can have the same realisons in this game to real life. If I could help make the next Final Fantasy 10-3 it would be awesome.
  54. KirstenB.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I LOVED this game.so i think it deservs a 10!
  55. Kimberly
    Jun 16, 2005
    The game had some unique points, but it wasn't as exciting as some other Final Fantasy games. I dreaded the music. the Music of Final Fantasy X was much better (the only songs that I liked were 1000 words and Real Emotion)
  56. ErnestoC.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This is one of the best games i have ever played.
  57. MichelleM.
    Apr 27, 2005
    THIS GAME IS THE BEST! thats all i can say THIS GAME IS THE BEST EVER! anywais g2g
  58. AudioS.
    Apr 25, 2005
    Only major problem no playable blitzball.
  59. Pedro
    Jan 27, 2005
    Ohhhhh this game is so coool i can´t belive that some people give it 1.
  60. JiloverzP.
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oh my g wht were sqare thinking......i am just so stunned at how lame and cheesy this story is.... i liked the ffx(which was a masterpiece)waaaay better than ths CRAP!! i can't belive this was the sequel to the greatest game ever. ffx-2's storyline is so bad and shallow. I coudn't get into the game like i used to,.. but in the game when i heard the whistle...i was hoping theOh my g wht were sqare thinking......i am just so stunned at how lame and cheesy this story is.... i liked the ffx(which was a masterpiece)waaaay better than ths CRAP!! i can't belive this was the sequel to the greatest game ever. ffx-2's storyline is so bad and shallow. I coudn't get into the game like i used to,.. but in the game when i heard the whistle...i was hoping the story would get better...-_- it didnt. im gonna spoil the game right now so if you ddnt see the ending go away. at the end, yuna finally meets tidus and asks, 'are u real' and tidus replys, 'i think so' ... wat the hell was dat????? isn't anibody gonna explain WHY????(not the perfect ending.) this game is trash.-_- worst sequel EVER!!! Expand
  61. Jumpinflash
    Nov 19, 2004
    this game is horrid! the one thing i liked is the battle system. they try to do almost like a Sonic the Hedehog type thing with levels and missions and gets on ur nerves very quickly. the story is very lacking. all u do is go around looking for spheres with movies in them, because yuna is looking for tidus...which if you've played final fantasy 10 u no he aint comin' back this game is horrid! the one thing i liked is the battle system. they try to do almost like a Sonic the Hedehog type thing with levels and missions and gets on ur nerves very quickly. the story is very lacking. all u do is go around looking for spheres with movies in them, because yuna is looking for tidus...which if you've played final fantasy 10 u no he aint comin' back anytime soon. this game couldve had better graphics than it did not that the werent spectacular already. this game has only three playable characters. two of them people from the original ff10! the only new character is Paine. the cinematics of this game are great graphicly but are very cheesy and stupid. this game should not have even been made. Expand
  62. IanF.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Trash. This feels like blasphemy but what were you thinking Square. This is so awful. It has a lame story, stupid character's (which is hard to believe because I like them in the last game), its painfully easy, and its way to feminine. Where are the men? Where are the pirates? Where is the red meat? But seriously, if you like the final fantasy games don't ruin happy memories by Trash. This feels like blasphemy but what were you thinking Square. This is so awful. It has a lame story, stupid character's (which is hard to believe because I like them in the last game), its painfully easy, and its way to feminine. Where are the men? Where are the pirates? Where is the red meat? But seriously, if you like the final fantasy games don't ruin happy memories by playing this garbage. Expand
  63. NickF.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Ive read all about it and it sounds wicked but i was thinking Aww wheres tidus i meen he is my favourite character ohh and one more question ...does yuna and riku find him at the end??? and wht is paines history?? email me and pleez do TELL! Thanx guys
  64. AlanD.
    Jul 7, 2004
    As someone who has enjoyed the final fantasy series, I have never felt so disappointed by any of the games before. Following such an excellent plot as final fantasy X has is not easy, but the lack of depth and "dumbing down" this game has are very disappointing and, for me, led to a pretty unchallenging and unfulfilling experience. The adaptation of the "Job" system into "garment grids" As someone who has enjoyed the final fantasy series, I have never felt so disappointed by any of the games before. Following such an excellent plot as final fantasy X has is not easy, but the lack of depth and "dumbing down" this game has are very disappointing and, for me, led to a pretty unchallenging and unfulfilling experience. The adaptation of the "Job" system into "garment grids" was a welcome addition to the battle system, but the music was the main area I had a problem with. As a music student myself I have always found Nobuo Uematsu's scores excellent and a vital part of the FF experience, but sadly he was not involved in the music of this game, which was so light and unimaginitive I found it depressing. Sadly I doubt Mr. Uematsu will be involved in writing music for FF games in the future, but I'm still hoping that he does, or I will be steering clear of future FF titles. Disappointing stuff. Expand
  65. RyanM.
    Jun 5, 2004
    I congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your aI congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your a final fantasy fan you could look at this as a disappointing final fantasy game, and a game that breaks the pattern of being the first ever sequel in the series. or you could look at it as a whole new era of the final fantasy series, and enjoy every bit of this fantastically unique experience. Expand
  66. Loviedovietidus!!twinkle
    Jun 3, 2004
    Well it was good but not that good because i think yuna look better as a summoner and there are no summons plus where was my cutei pie tidey i missed him through out the game his funny comment and every thinf.this game was just good.
  67. JeffB.
    Jun 1, 2004
    This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you items and its more fun tahn having to change characters. Besides girls need to be the main character of atleast a few video games, and this one backs them up. Expand
  68. HarryK.
    May 26, 2004
    If I were to compare this game to the entire RPG market, it comes across as being a very average game with good graphics. When I compare it to the original FFX, it looks like dog pooh. The story in the game is terrible and I hate all of the characters, even though I had fallen in love with them all in the previous game. If you love FFX, keep those pleasant memories and do not play FFX-2. If I were to compare this game to the entire RPG market, it comes across as being a very average game with good graphics. When I compare it to the original FFX, it looks like dog pooh. The story in the game is terrible and I hate all of the characters, even though I had fallen in love with them all in the previous game. If you love FFX, keep those pleasant memories and do not play FFX-2. If you haven't played FFX, go get it. It is the best console RPG I have played. Expand
  69. Lily
    Apr 25, 2004
    Compared to FF X, FF X-2 is very... shallow. The love story in this one just doesn't work. The main purpose of X-2 is seemingly to show off how "cute" Rikku and Yuna are. The graphics and music are very good as always but the plot is not up to par.
  70. Mai
    Apr 24, 2004
    It's not as good as ffx but allowed more freedom. The battle systems good but way too easy, I found that battle was over before it started! The beginning was a bit too charlie's angels but it got better, and the song 1000 words is good. It's a good game and the only things keeping me from giving it a 10 is the fact that the beginnig is a let down and game play too easy. I It's not as good as ffx but allowed more freedom. The battle systems good but way too easy, I found that battle was over before it started! The beginning was a bit too charlie's angels but it got better, and the song 1000 words is good. It's a good game and the only things keeping me from giving it a 10 is the fact that the beginnig is a let down and game play too easy. I was expecting more of a challenge. Still, can't stop playing! Expand
  71. CodyandArjay
    Apr 13, 2004
    This game is best game we ever played. We can play for 14 days and 14 nights.
  72. FFFreak
    Apr 7, 2004
    GREAT GAME, i really enjoyed it graphics are just great and the girls are TO sexy, but sometimes i really miss the real men in the series, like auron and tidus it's just a lil' femminen i think an FF X-3 isn't a bad idea:p i want more adventures of yuna and company!!!!!
  73. Andy
    Apr 7, 2004
    EXCELLENT!
  74. VickyL.
    Mar 22, 2004
    The game did not meet my expectations considering how awesome ffx was. Gameplay was great. I love how you can attack and make chain attacks like that. You no longer have to stand there for 30 hours for your next characters gauge to fill up to attack. Dressspheres were a great idea too though an alchmeist made a traditional white mage look pathetic. Graphics were great as always...though The game did not meet my expectations considering how awesome ffx was. Gameplay was great. I love how you can attack and make chain attacks like that. You no longer have to stand there for 30 hours for your next characters gauge to fill up to attack. Dressspheres were a great idea too though an alchmeist made a traditional white mage look pathetic. Graphics were great as always...though the movies still seemed to lack something compared to ffx. Storyline..this is the thing that pisses me off. It was PATHETIC. There hardly was one due to all these side missions. Some missions were great while others were so stupid i just wanted to stop playing. Seems like squaresoft just makes up stupid things like catching chocobos just to expand the game time. Suppodsly theres suppose to be a love feel to it but there isnt! Music was okay..but not great compared to ffx tracks FFX-2 was okay but its unable to compare with FFX though it is a sequal it should of been kept at the same quality and EMOTION. Those who give it 10 really should rethink that after u beat the game. Expand
  75. TomK.
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a brillant game, with excellent graphics and a gameplay system which really works. The only thing i can fault the game for is not being long enough, but the sexyness of the characters counteracts this. Two thumbs up for a brill game.
  76. Sarah
    Mar 14, 2004
    This game has a lot of plusses. The "dress system" that reminds me of the job system of yore is really quite fun. You'll find its one of the driving forces behind playing the game. However, you'll wish there was a "turn off the damn music" option, as it makes you want to smash things. Also: there is no plot, despite what many may say. Well, there's no plot beyond showing This game has a lot of plusses. The "dress system" that reminds me of the job system of yore is really quite fun. You'll find its one of the driving forces behind playing the game. However, you'll wish there was a "turn off the damn music" option, as it makes you want to smash things. Also: there is no plot, despite what many may say. Well, there's no plot beyond showing girls in as little clothing as possible. However, if you don't mind that (as I obviously don't), its a great bit of mindless fun. Expand
  77. HosenU.
    Mar 14, 2004
    It was far most the 2nd beat game I played next to final fantasy 10 and the rating was the best every where and the characters were good but paine and rikku werent so this was a really good game and I say and give it a 10.
  78. DyneWolf
    Mar 13, 2004
    This was one of the most terrible games I have ever played. I enjoy all of the Final Fantasy games since the beginning. They got better and better with more of an in-depth story line each time. They were and are all good, except for this. I was expecting so much more from what I have heard. This turns Square's reputation upside down. They used to be all about the story and This was one of the most terrible games I have ever played. I enjoy all of the Final Fantasy games since the beginning. They got better and better with more of an in-depth story line each time. They were and are all good, except for this. I was expecting so much more from what I have heard. This turns Square's reputation upside down. They used to be all about the story and well-plotted character rolls, not so much of a pathetic, want to be, glamorous show. This is only a cheap anime with a bunch of half-dressed girls running around not knowing what the hell they are doing or what they are saying. Truly pathetic. I only gave this game a 2 instead of a 0 simply because the fighting sequences were good. I can honestly say that is the only good thing about this game though. Expand
  79. TimmyT.
    Mar 10, 2004
    It is so cool, fast good story EVERYONE should get it.
  80. FF3lover
    Mar 5, 2004
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  81. FrederickF.
    Mar 5, 2004
    I m french so it s interessant isn t it? FFX-2 is always in 50 hz for Europe but since many years we ve got 60 or 100 hz for tv in france the game is really beautyfull in 60 hz but in 50 it is horrible Very big alliasing many many bugs and other. I m sorry i m a fan of FF but this part is really bad for me . i don t speak about the game because it s mor horrible. The game is funny baby. I m french so it s interessant isn t it? FFX-2 is always in 50 hz for Europe but since many years we ve got 60 or 100 hz for tv in france the game is really beautyfull in 60 hz but in 50 it is horrible Very big alliasing many many bugs and other. I m sorry i m a fan of FF but this part is really bad for me . i don t speak about the game because it s mor horrible. The game is funny baby. it s just for girl With The YRP lol.... the story is too bad ,this the same view all the time (i don t speak about the same world). squaresoft is the best in cinematics and for this chapter pfff where are the cinematics (maybe 10 ). The good point it s the mode battle it s like FF7. For concluding square please take the time and produce a game like the old time like FF7 like bushido blade and many other. But i m happy because i play in star ocean 3 and it is terrible (oups it s enix) and i take a look about FFXII FFX: beautifull FFX-2:very horrible FFXII:magic terrible FFVII:legendary PS: PLease don t say too me that i don t understand what is an FF i say my opinion and many person are in the same case like me. SquareENIX spent 4 month for produce FFX-2 4MONTH? it s normal IN france the game cost 60 euro 60 euro 4 month and finally a bad game pfffffffff. Expand
  82. Meh
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is a great game, just like all of the FF's.
  83. RyanL.
    Feb 29, 2004
    AMAZING GAME, it just makes me want to find out what happens before this game. Time to play ffx to find out what happens (never even touch ffx yet)
  84. Odno
    Feb 28, 2004
    It's just so much fun, we want to see more adventures of Yuna and her friends...FFX-3 where are you?
  85. BlackDragonOfAlthena
    Feb 27, 2004
    This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going around the world in a bad ass airship and killing monster's from another plain of existence isn't what little Jenny down the street would do. Second the music. You all think it is so bad and that the whole pop theme sucks. It is just trying to show the light heartedness of the game. Sin isn't about to eat all that you love in this one! People are upbeat and happy and so are the tunes. Third the plot. "Oh it had no plot at all! It didn't even make sense!" I got one thing to say to you people...open your ears and listen to what the people are saying on the little square thing called a T.V.! Which brings me to my next point. All of the voice actors are professionals and know what they are doing. They all did a good job(I'll admit that Rikku's voice gets a little annoying, but it's Rikku, she's supposed to be like that it's her character.) Next the reuse of the same maps and places. 1) Kilika is totally different save the temple. 2) A sh.t load of new dungeons. 3) And it's a sequel! If it takes place in Spira in the first on it probably ain't going to be on mars 8 million years away. Finally all of you freaking out about how in "REAL LIFE" Yuna's hair wouldn't grow that fast and all the countless other unrealalistic things you are all so worried about. Just chill out, take a step back, and remember that real life is a little different than what comes out of the ps2. Chill out and have fun with the fantasy. I mean it is called Final FANTASY! That's my speil. Thanks for listening to my complaining. Expand
  86. BombExploder
    Feb 27, 2004
    Good Gameplay,very sh.tty music.
  87. EntertainmentCritic
    Feb 26, 2004
    So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very upbeat? Well listen again to Yuna, Rikku and Shuyin's themes. The first two are extremely upbeat. Rikku's is for the fact that her personality is naturally over-cheerful and Yuna's is based on her newfound optimism. In FFX she accepted her fate. She would live and die for Spira but, as Rikku points out, Yuna never pursued her own aspirations. Saving Spira was her priority because she cared for the people, not because she wanted to be a heroine. Also, the two Yuna songs are adaptations from Japanese. I prefer the originals but the English versions do much in the way of retaining to meaning of the songs. 1000 Words releases Lenne?s emotions and concealed thoughts and the music aboard the Celsius reflects the fun that the Gullwings are having and the positive nature of all of it. So your music criticisms are out the window. Now onto the costumes. Yes some are skimpy but they aren?t the best dress spheres. I tend to have Paine as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a warrior and Yuna as a white mage (not skimpy). Three very useful classes and I haven?t even mentioned the Mascot. Yuna?s special is a little risqué though I must admit. Now the voice actors, in my opinion, embody the personality of the characters perfectly. Hedy Burress acted Yuna as a reserved and profound character back in FFX and added some excitement into her voice in FFX-2. Tara Strong, although a little squeaky, lets Rikku?s personality shine and Gwendoline Yeo makes Paine the serious type. Also remember that, as Kizer pointed out, the voice actors are professionals. Many of the main ones have voiced Animatrix other cartoon characters. Tara Strong did the voices for Bowser Jr in Super Mario Sunshine and also Roshan/Start in Ice Age. John DiMaggio (Wakka/Kimahri) is the genius behind Bender from Futurama. James Arnold Taylor (Tidus/Shuyin) is a very good impressionist so he has done voice doubling for many people. So I know for a fact that these are not amateurs. The graphics are self-explanatory. Despite the characters having a slightly unnaturally perfect physique, they are some of the most realistic we?ve seen in a video game. Even the likes of Half Life 2 don?t have much better. Oh yeah? fire. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make realistic fire?! Also, remember this is an RPG. Generally, a lot is based on mathematics (stats and rolls) and less on graphics so Squaresoft/Square-Enix has gone beyond their calling. As for the scripts, Square have implemented much more humour within X-2 than any other FF making it the most light hearted. However, in my opinion, FFX-2 is ironically the darkest and most emotional of the series (although admittedly I?ve yet to play 1-3 and 8,9 and 11). Is it a coincidence that Vegnagun is deep within the earth? Bevelle?s secrets hidden up inside the world? Secrets hidden in caves Spira-wide? Lenne?s feelings lost in the depths of time? How everyone jumps into the dark holes? Not in my eyes. Played for, and got is what I say. Which leaves me with the plot to discuss. FFX was supposed to be Tidus? story but it was intertwined with Spira, Sin and the Fayth?s story (1000 years in his future). FFX-2 was Yuna?s story, intertwined with that of the Bevelle/Zanarkand war and the Lenne/Shuyin love story (1000 years in her past) for the normal ending at least. We have seen aspects of Tidus? personality (like his stubbornness) rub off on Yuna. Also note that she wields the Brotherhood as her warrior weapon and her victory celebration for it is identical to Tidus? in the original. Also her rejection of Nooj?s plan is similar to Tidus? reluctance to lose Yuna. Personally, I believe the two episodes are based on the theme of hope. In FFX, the Summoners bring hope of the calm, the High Summoners deliver the hope, Tidus and Rikku hope to save Yuna, Wakka?s faith is lost and his hopes are changed (to become a blitz champion, to reconcile with Al Bhed etc). Also it has a strong tie of friendship with any of the seven willing to die for another (except for the short period of Wakka?s shock over Rikku). The hope in FFX-2 is that of Yuna to find her lost love, Lenne to send her words to hers, Rikku to free Yuna, the Akagi group to bring order to Spira, Wakka and Lulu of their future? catch my drift? I give it 9.6 and FFX 9.7 but rounded to the nearest number it makes 10. I think Square took the biggest set of scales they could find and tried to balance it with coins placed on their edge. Not an easy task but, somehow, they succeeded. Final Fantasy X-2: A blatant cash-in? Of course it is? the purpose of a company?s existence is to make a profit you idiots! If it something will make your product sell then use it. BUT that doesn?t mean the cash-in will be a cheap two-bit job. Also a note to Mal. Have you tried summoning an aeon? So what Yuna?s hair grew five feet in two years. The girl knows magic! Collapse
  88. JasonC.
    Feb 26, 2004
    People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never fomatted to blend with so the it would look like their actually talking. If you actually had a brain ( and this is directed to the people who badly of X-2 ) you could realize that the music isn't crap it's just that the music is changed to math the game i mean... do u think itll make sense seeing these girls walking around with dark and evil music... i dont think so... and to all who it's girly... ignore it. if music too different for your liking... turn the sound off and put something u do like. its not that hard. if u think the character's outfit is too scantly... then just concentrate on watching where ur goin, wut ur attacking and only listen to the cut scenes becuz it's not like sin gonna suddenly appear out of nowhere and kill u if u do... overall the game's a very good game... whether ur a ff fan , or a loner goin to college and has no girlfriends... i mean their's nothin stopping u from turning yuna and rikku into thieves and have paine as a samurai killing everything :) Expand
  89. Josh
    Square revolution.
  90. FFLover
    Feb 25, 2004
    OH MAN THIS GAME IS GOOD!! And if any body makes fun of FF I'll drench their own blood on their final fantasy disk.
  91. J.S.
    Feb 24, 2004
    Playing a group of girls in mini-skirts and bikinis.... cant complain. But yea it is too feminine so i give it an 8.
  92. BizNess
    Feb 18, 2004
    Ok, seriously, if you people dont like the game, dont play it!!!!! I for one happen to like it, the monsters, the battle system could have just not changed... i would have liked the garment grid to never happen and the sphere grid to come back but other than that... EVERYTHING is top notch, i like the graphics, however dangerous for old playstations to have too many graphics which can Ok, seriously, if you people dont like the game, dont play it!!!!! I for one happen to like it, the monsters, the battle system could have just not changed... i would have liked the garment grid to never happen and the sphere grid to come back but other than that... EVERYTHING is top notch, i like the graphics, however dangerous for old playstations to have too many graphics which can cause the GUI to crash, but really this is a really good damn game and i love it.... and to all the high raters, ignore the #$(%#$s who seem to have no feelings in RPG, nor Final Fantasy Peace Expand
  93. TysonB.
    Feb 13, 2004
    This is a solid game not quite as good as FFX.This is a big sequel i'm going to bring you the details. On the positive side it's very nice to see that the game's graphics have gotten a bit better, a brand new level up system, and the gameplay is just great. On the negative side i don't think that the mission based challenges are such a good idea, you only have 3 This is a solid game not quite as good as FFX.This is a big sequel i'm going to bring you the details. On the positive side it's very nice to see that the game's graphics have gotten a bit better, a brand new level up system, and the gameplay is just great. On the negative side i don't think that the mission based challenges are such a good idea, you only have 3 charcters that are playable, and the music is just weird. Still Final Fantasy X-2 is still a solid sequel to the original. I wonder what Square Enix has in plan for Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XII. Will have to wait and see. Expand
  94. FinalFantasy
    Jan 14, 2004
    Best game ever!!!!!
  95. DebbieC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    I loved it.
  96. LoganA.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to waste my time writing this crap, I'm off to go play it. Expand
  97. WillaimE.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It's the best final Fanstasy of all time. i can play it for hours even days.
  98. Mal
    Jan 2, 2004
    Holy sweet Bahamut, this game is the epitome of disappointment. I played through it with great optimism and expected, in the very least, a good game. Never before has Square erected a direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game, and if this is the long awaited change to that trend, I beseech them never to do it again. In a nutshell, this game is horrible. You show me a person who could honestly Holy sweet Bahamut, this game is the epitome of disappointment. I played through it with great optimism and expected, in the very least, a good game. Never before has Square erected a direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game, and if this is the long awaited change to that trend, I beseech them never to do it again. In a nutshell, this game is horrible. You show me a person who could honestly give it a straight-faced good rating, and I'll show you a person who has no taste and would be as easily amused buying a children's coloring book for good reading material. No single person can honestly give this a good rating by praising its features. Those who do are lying to themselves. Why? Well, that's easy. Let's start with the plot. Upon the end of Final Fantasy X, Tidus dies and rejoins his father while Yuna Stein (I add "Stein" because I believe she must be a relative of Ben Stein based on her voice "talent") goes on to basically do nothing productive with her life. Yuna finds a typical plot device in a sphere that happens to show Tidus, or as another character forebodes, someone resembling Tidus. This of course causes Yuna to set out to find more spheres to discover the fate of her fling the past -- apparently she's suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder and can't let him go even though it's been two years. That sums up the basis of the plot. It may seem enthralling to the most simple of romance fans, but I expect a little something more from Square. If that wasn't bad enough, all the old talentless voice actors have returned. That means more of Yuna's...fragmented...William Shatner...sentences...and Rikku's over-the-top annoying voice that would make warring cats flee in terror. It's really unfortunate, because when a script is as bad as it is in Final Fantasy X-2, you should at least expect talented actors to provide the voices to make it entertaining. The graphics are all the same as they were in Final Fantasy X, as well. There is no improvement and many of the characters use the same models they did from the original, with minor tweaking here and there to make them more scantily clad. Somehow, in the span of two years from Final Fantasy X to the present of Final Fantasy X-2, Yuna has proven to have a gland that allows her hair to grow about five feet in length, which she has promptly braided into a ponytail. Being someone who has long hair, I can confess there is no way that is possible. Despite that minor flaw in logic, the flaw in its unoriginal graphics and non-linear-but-still-linear plot is inexcusable. And if you are like me, you could look past a dry and boring story if the music is good, which is something most Final Fantasy titles have had. I emphasize: "had." This sequel marks the Apocalypse of Final Fantasy musical scores. The music does not fit most of the emotions it's assigned, and while it may be every teenybopper's dream, it's every Final Fantasy music fan's nightmare. Final Fantasy X's score was more ambient than its predecessors, but it worked for the atmosphere of the game. This one uses Pop music. Pop music does not make good ambient music, or battle music, or theme music, or, dare I say, good music in general. The musical score to this game is an insult to the series. To sum it all up: Final Fantasy X-2 was made with the mentality of a pubescent 12-year old girl, as its gameplay, music, characters and atmosphere implies, and unless you fit that description, I highly suggest you find another title. Leave this one to the teenyboppers. Expand
  99. Kizer
    Jan 1, 2004
    Here it is, the truthfulness of X-2... Has anyone else noticed that all the reviews rated 5 and below is repetitive saying it's crap and it has no story or that the graphics are outdated and the same. The number 1 complaint I've seen is the music, Yeah it has it's problems, but have any of you consider turning down the volume and using music you like? Didn't think so. Here it is, the truthfulness of X-2... Has anyone else noticed that all the reviews rated 5 and below is repetitive saying it's crap and it has no story or that the graphics are outdated and the same. The number 1 complaint I've seen is the music, Yeah it has it's problems, but have any of you consider turning down the volume and using music you like? Didn't think so. Now to whomever complains about reusing the map... ITS A SEQUEL! What'd you expect? The game to take place on the moon? Secondly, the graphics are the same as in X, which when X was released it's graphics were ahead of it's time, other games are just catching up. Some people complained about the voice overs.... heres something, the voice actress for Rikku is a proffesional. As for Yuna, it's more lively compaired to X. I'll leave off on this. My favorite complaint was about the dressspheres and no weapons and armor. The good thing about X-2(and earlier FFs on SNES if you removed all equip) is that your characters stats rely on raw power and bonuses granted through the dressspheres. Expand
  100. DavidL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    It's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and giveIt's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and give you more choices in how to develop characters. the only things i miss are the overdrives and more useable characters. i kinda miss the aeons but its all good. quality game. a worthy sequel of ffx. Expand

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]