Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. MichaelE.
    Jun 7, 2005
    I give the game a 6 because i got the dark aeon and the new game + is missing in the americain one.So squaresoft it over me.it`s feel like i pay for a beta (the game is non complete).
  2. ClintH.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This game realy rocks. The game makers realy put hearts into this game.
  3. DaveY.
    Oct 22, 2006
    One of the best FF games in the series.
  4. Boz
    Oct 8, 2003
    This is the best final fantasy game i ever played. I played all the ff games from the 1st one on nintendo all the way to the ps2 and this game is the best ever i love the storyline the graphics everything. I know that the next few ff games are going to be better but ffx will always be the best for me.
  5. AnonymousMC
    Apr 2, 2003
    I don't see what all the hype is about. This game is hardly a game but more of an interactive movie. I like RPG games alot, but this game is weak. It's really only and RPG in a very minimalist sense.

Even as a movie goes it's rather bad. The acting, dialogue, and plot are cheesy. I didn't like the characters either. They're rather cheesy.
  6. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Brilliant! A shame you can't skip the movies though!
  7. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    !The Bomb! (sorry) great story.....fantastic story and it doent end with a happy ending! thats new and i like it.
  8. AkeemG.
    Feb 20, 2007
    All of the Final Fantasy games for the PlayStation 2 SUCK!, especially the sequel to this one which is Final Fantasy 10-2. All of them are nothing but a bunch of crap compared to Final Fantasy 7,8,and9 which were made for the psone.If you have ever played 2 out of 3 of the Final Fantasy games for the psone you will be VERY,VERY,VERY disappointed when you play any of the ones for the All of the Final Fantasy games for the PlayStation 2 SUCK!, especially the sequel to this one which is Final Fantasy 10-2. All of them are nothing but a bunch of crap compared to Final Fantasy 7,8,and9 which were made for the psone.If you have ever played 2 out of 3 of the Final Fantasy games for the psone you will be VERY,VERY,VERY disappointed when you play any of the ones for the ps2.The only thing that gets better with each Final Fantasy is the graphics,but graphics alone cannot make a good game.What the new final fantasy games are lacking is energizing battle music,an awesome battle system,a gripping story and very interesting characters. The only reasons anybody could ever played a Final Fantasy game for the PS2 without being disappointed in it in some way is if you have never played any of the previous ones on the psone or if you have never experienced The Legend of Dragoon,also for the psone. If you're looking for a real turn based game you should definitely check out Xenosaga. Expand
  9. JamesB.
    Mar 16, 2007
    This game is highly overrated. This game got really boring after some time for me - I mean, it seemed like I was fighting the same six monsters over and over again, but each time they were a different color. The story is great and highly original, but it just doesn't balance out the constant feeling of repetitiveness that makes me want to go and play something else.
  10. RomanR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is an amazing game, and.. I'm obsessed, haha. and that's all, and as Gatsby mentioned, it's also all on opinion and the type of person you are, I mean, if you don't like love stories at all, then this may not be the game for you, it all depends on the type of person you are. Expand
  11. AnonymousMC
    Aug 26, 2008
    The worst FF in my book. Annoying characters, boring world, way too melodramatic sappy story, way too slow and boring gameplay. The music isn't all that great either and the imagery just falls apart all the time-way too many eye burning colors on every character and place. The whole thing is like a japanese soap opera with a japanese pop star as a main character+ some magic summoner stuff.
  12. mitch
    May 18, 2010
    Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills to the fullest by limiting the upgrades I make to my characters. And with this being the case, the same game can be played many a time and each of those times it can be done in a different manner from the last. The graphics of the cinematic visuals are breathtaking, and this emphasises the emotional side of the game to the fullest. The extra content involved, such as Dark Aeons, Celestial Weapons, the Omega Weapon, monster arena, Omega Ruins, hidden airship destinations, and, of course, Penance - makes this game very addictive and very difficult in completing one hundred percent. It's a brilliant and timeless adventure. One that I won't ever get sick of. Expand
  13. DanE.
    Jan 10, 2002
    The cutscreens are too damn long. The graphics are great and the fight sceens are real active. The game blitzball is also fun to play, as long as your guys are good. Another thing is the storyline. Its a little hard to understand at first so I suggest to those of you who cant get it, to visit their official website and figure it out further there.
  14. MattH.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. The graphics look like real-life people nearly, and the gameplay is fantastic. The story is one of my favorites, and the cast of characters is quite unique.
  15. GaryR.
    Jan 14, 2002
    Brilliant. There described in one word.
  16. JimK.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This might posibly be the best FF out there, but maybe not. I liked the new battle system were u can switch between characters and not lose ur turn, and the whole emotional experience withing each character. The only thing i didn't like about this game is the mini-game Blitzball. REALLY BORING. But other than than the 60 hours I played this game was really enjoyable.
  17. LeeH.H.
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game is perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The voice acting still could have been better though. But other than that, it's just perfect.
  18. SariT.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I love the game! I have FF7, FF8, FF9,and FFX. They are all great. I love the graphics and voice activation. I love them all!
  19. GeorgeC.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Great Story line, Using Sphere Grid to level up characters is better then just level up Character through battles. It's one of the Best Game, ya?
  20. AnthonyD.
    Feb 26, 2002
    Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX deserves every bit of credit given. Expand
  21. Rikku02
    Feb 9, 2002
    I love the plot and the graphix are absolutely amazing! Yuna and Tidus all the way!
  22. NicholasB.
    Mar 1, 2002
    Terrible game, good graphics, terrible story, bad videos an advanced pokemon. Awful.
  23. FinalFantasyMaster
    Mar 19, 2002
    W O W!! This game is beautiful! The cut-scenes are wonderful, and its stuffed with details. Those who don't give this game an 8-10 doesnt have taste of games that deserves 100 out of 100. PS. PlayStation2 is kicking X-Box ass!!! Nothing to argue about.
  24. BigFeet
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game has awesome graphics, awesome sound, and has a real cool story.
  25. Grimm
    Mar 8, 2002
    Man, this game is the best rpg since final fatasy 8. I have to admit that ff9 fell off and compared to the other games of the series sucked, but it was still better than any other rpg out there. But ffx cannot be touched by anything, great graphics, the top rate story second only to halo and talk about the loss of lvl. 99 you can make your people soooooo strong I LOVE IT :)
  26. JustinS.
    Apr 1, 2002
    If you want the best bang for your buck, this is the game you want. It's storyline and addictively fun gameplay will have you playing non-stop.
  27. Megcmoigrr
    Apr 7, 2002
    Like FF8 (the same design team as FFX), the music by Nobuo Uematsu and the graphics are breathtaking...These are the japanese skills!
  28. BigDaddyShaft
    Jun 28, 2002
    This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very unique upgrade system allows you much more flexibility in improving your characters. Your normally physically weak spellcaster can become a great fighter if you choose, and there are dozens of abilities and skills to learn. The same goes for the battle system. While it is now strictly turned based, you have much more control over battles since you can switch the active characters at any time. Why did it take so long to think of this??? Finally, there's the plot. Although it doesn't quite unfold smoothly at times, it is very engrossing. As long as the game is, I wish that it could have been a little longer so I could have gotten to know all of the main characters a little better. Even still, the game's world was very well thought out and consistant. The writer's explain why the world is the way it is very well. Final thought: Get this game now or kick yourself later. Expand
  29. Negabyte
    Jun 8, 2002
    Hands down, the best game ever!
    Jul 14, 2002
    FF7 was way better. The story was stupid. Once you got past Macalania it was super boring. Yunalesca was too hard. The first time it took me a month to beat her.
  31. RobertC.
    Oct 15, 2003
    One of the best story lines Ive ever seen. so hurry with X-2.
  32. Nick
    Oct 28, 2003
    this is one of the best games ever and i can't wait for the sequel to come out.
  33. JoelA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is the best! This is the reason most of us actually went out and bought a brand-new PS2! (Including me!) I see nothing that needs redoing for the sequel!
  34. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on maximazing my characters capabilities. the story and plot again is superb. there is a balance between the story and the gameplay which allows the gamer to be fully submerge in the wolrd of spira. the plot is interesting and keeps you on your toes. the inclusion of the voice dialogue is a first in the rpg world and pioneered by final fantasy. they also were able to include facial expressions which was necessary for the gamer to feel and know what the emotions the characters are trying to show. although i find the puzzles in the game to easy, there is nothing bad i can say about this game. it's another gaming classic. Expand
  35. NikiE.
    Jul 20, 2003
    ffx is AWESOME! graphics are so amazing. the twisting story line pushes you to find out what happens next soo much, that it becomes addicting. i love it so much. =D
  36. NinjaMafia
    Aug 6, 2003
    This game is really not my type of game. The game is extremeley easy. The voice actors are horrible, the storyline was pretty bad. The characters were even bad, especially Seymor. The only thing this game really had going for it was the spere grid, which is one of the reasons this game is so easy. However if they can tweak the spere grid, make the game harder, adn include a decent story This game is really not my type of game. The game is extremeley easy. The voice actors are horrible, the storyline was pretty bad. The characters were even bad, especially Seymor. The only thing this game really had going for it was the spere grid, which is one of the reasons this game is so easy. However if they can tweak the spere grid, make the game harder, adn include a decent story I'll definitely buy another game like this. Expand
  37. JackR.
    Sep 9, 2003
    This game seriously blew. The graphics were great (hence the 5 rating), but i think it's a testament to how completely boring the game is when you consider that I've only beaten it just now-- and it's an easy game! I say bring back FF7-- that game rocked.
  38. JackP.
    Mar 31, 2004
    I think this game is the best finalfantasy ever and yuna is sooooooo hot? and i wish i can marry her daddly .
  39. DrususDigerness
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game was great! sure Tidus"s voice is wierd, but tidus is a rome name. but the game was fantastic, abouslty. heres what I like is Tidus was a brother to the great romean genral Drusus. (seriously)
  40. AutumnY.
    May 1, 2005
    This game is awsome and made me want to play again and again.... it does bring a tear to your eyes at the end and really my favorite game ever!!!!!
  41. BlueFalcon
    Jul 21, 2005
    It's like you're watching a slow movie, but have to keep pressing the X button for it to continue. The actual gameplay is brainless, and linear. Your mom could get through the game just as fast and skillfully as you. The sphere grid appears to add depth to the character building, but in reality it takes away any depth by forcing you to improve your character in specific It's like you're watching a slow movie, but have to keep pressing the X button for it to continue. The actual gameplay is brainless, and linear. Your mom could get through the game just as fast and skillfully as you. The sphere grid appears to add depth to the character building, but in reality it takes away any depth by forcing you to improve your character in specific predetermined ways. With all that said, the game does have some nice cinematic moments, and it's not unplayable. I'll give it a 5, since I'd take approximately half of the ps2 library over this one. Expand
  42. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Final Fantasy X is a truly amazing game. It's definately on my top 5 list of an all-time favourite game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a masterpiece, and the whole game is a work of art. I love this game.
  43. Chas
    Sep 10, 2005
    It looks good. The voice acting is horrendous. The story is irritating. The wakka is irritating. Tidus is irritating. Yuna is irritating. The story is hokey. FF's before this were probley hokey also but I never noticed because they weren't acted out by terrible voice acting. Its the worst daytime soap opera ever seen (and berely even played). Blitzball !!! FF has gotten It looks good. The voice acting is horrendous. The story is irritating. The wakka is irritating. Tidus is irritating. Yuna is irritating. The story is hokey. FF's before this were probley hokey also but I never noticed because they weren't acted out by terrible voice acting. Its the worst daytime soap opera ever seen (and berely even played). Blitzball !!! FF has gotten exponentially worse with every instalment since FF8. This is the would be the worst FF I've played except it has better graphics than 9 ( 9 remains the worst). 11 may be even worse than this, but its so off the cliff that its become exclusive to the group of nitwits that like this direction of garbage enough to buy a hundred and fifty bucks worth of extra equipment to do it. Square began a downward spiral after PE1 and FF8 ( 1999), and this is just more unfortunate evidence that they cant (or wont) pull out of the skid. Expand
  44. BradT.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This is the greatest final fantasy game made yet, but i think they might have ruined it with the sequel to it.
  45. LeonA.
    Jan 22, 2006
    if this game does not get a ten i dont know who voted. this game has everything a smart gamer needs. Final fantasy X is a game that will leave a mark in game history.
  46. NickH.
    Feb 7, 2006
    One of the best FF games out there, story line incredible yet emotional. All the specs of the game from graphics till game play adds up a great visual game.
  47. TehanuA.
    Apr 23, 2006
    WOW! How can you hate this game. Good graphics, good fighting cuts. Awsome story!! The music was also great! This is an all around good game for people whodont like to spend about 5 hours on a game and, opps, done. This game took me about 56 hours to finish. It always kept me on my feet on what could happen next.
  48. M.Ous
    Sep 2, 2006
    Bad animation and bad graphics date this as an early PS2 title. But bad character designs, voice acting, story, and game play are inexcusable. I really can't be bothered with learning how to play water dodgeball with 20 buttons in an RPG.
  49. Adam
    Jan 20, 2007
    I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is something that is appreciated since its usually to easy. And the level system (with spheres) works better too since you have more choice on how your characters grow. Expand
  50. SamD.
    Mar 5, 2007
    BEST EVER! All the FF has flaws but this game is so good that the flaws can be over-looked, and I agree Tidus's voice is annoying at times.
  51. GS
    Jul 20, 2007
    One of the greatest games ever and the greatest RPG I have ever played.
  52. AndrewN.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines accompanied by an excellent soundtrack and score. An enthralling adventure. If it wasnt for the linear nature of the game, this would have been a perfect 10. Expand
  53. PhilM.
    May 15, 2008
    I was disappointed with this game. It opened up really well, but then just went out without a bang. First of all, Tidus is probably the worst character ever. What I like about FF7 and 8 is that you want to be the main characters. Although Cloud and Squall were weak characters on the inside, on the outside they were powerful. Tidus is a weak character both inside and out, looks like a I was disappointed with this game. It opened up really well, but then just went out without a bang. First of all, Tidus is probably the worst character ever. What I like about FF7 and 8 is that you want to be the main characters. Although Cloud and Squall were weak characters on the inside, on the outside they were powerful. Tidus is a weak character both inside and out, looks like a woman and is someone I'd never want to ever be. The story is great, however it's shown through lame dialogue done by characters you don't really care about. I thought Auran and Yuna were the only real good characters. The battles were very balanced and were awesome, however the huge long intros to start off battles became unbelievably annoying. Expand
  54. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    Absolutely better than any other Final Fantasy (close to 12 and 9 though). The most beautiful and touching game ever
  55. anonymous
    Oct 4, 2009
    This game is simply horrible. The main characters are awful and largely unlikable, the character design is Tetsuya Nomura at his worst, and the storyline is convoluted. The supposedly great voice acting is embarrassing to listen to, with lines being delivered awkwardly. The sphere grid system affords the player some flexibility to stat growth, but in practice it usually just requires the This game is simply horrible. The main characters are awful and largely unlikable, the character design is Tetsuya Nomura at his worst, and the storyline is convoluted. The supposedly great voice acting is embarrassing to listen to, with lines being delivered awkwardly. The sphere grid system affords the player some flexibility to stat growth, but in practice it usually just requires the player do what used to be automatic in the SNES era games. The battle system itself is simple and fairly easy to understand, but incredibly slow. The only thing I would consider to be any good would be the music composition. It seems to me that reviewers were largely distracted with the novelty of voice acting and at-the-time tremendous FMVs to notice ruinous flaws and poor game design decisions. Expand
  56. AlexanderS.
    Mar 29, 2009
    This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the quiet, strict old warrior he also has a sense of humor, while Barret for example (FF7) is always grumpy. All in all the characters are more alive in FF10. Also FF10 does best at mastering the gap between sci-fi and fantasy setting, while older FFs are more like Final Cyber-Punk. The FF10 story is based on myths and religion but in a world, that is completely different from anything we know. Spira has its own rituals, laws and lifestyle. The gameplay is good and there is tons to do outside of the story. All in all it's the best game for people who love story-driven games. Expand
  57. GlennB.W.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is the best game I have ever tried. The graphics especially is one of the many great things about this game.
  58. CyrilD.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Too nice to say something.
  59. ShyanmarM
    Feb 15, 2010
    FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, it'd basically take away what the game is all about. The Character design is cool, OK? Just because Tidus doesn't have spiky hair and wears black/deep purple and is all emo doesn't mean that's bad. Just 'cause Yuna doesn't run around in slutty outfits doesn't mean her character design sucks. The voice acting is great, especially considering that it's a series first here! What can you compare it to to say that it's bad? The battle system is absolutely cool and laid back. And especially considering that this game is the first FF title on the PS2, the first featuring voice acting, fully 3D-rendered landscapes and an ability system like the sphere grid (To all those who say that that is too easy or restricitve, just choose the expert mode on beginning the game ... ), this game is revolutionary. One of the best FFs up to date, in quite a lot of aspects even better than VII. Also better than IX, although not by that much. A full 10, anyway. Expand
  60. MaxG
    Mar 3, 2010
    This game has an incredible story, one of the best I have experienced in any game or movie. This is the most emotionally moving game I have ever played with amazing graphics, story, and music.
  61. DavidD.
    Jan 16, 2002
    If the scale was larger I would have given it a better score. The game's storyline alone is worth a 10 alone. The new voice overs worth it as while, the characters are unique & animated very while. Thank you.
  62. NeoW.
    Oct 22, 2002
    This game is frickin good, nice storyline AWSOME graphics this is tha bomb the jenna jameson of the PS2.
  63. RyanT.
    Feb 13, 2002
    This game kicks ass.
  64. JonathanC.
    Feb 17, 2002
    This game is superior to any other RPG games yet! The graphics are superb and teh battle system makse it all interesting. The voice-overs could use some work but it all worked out in the end.
  65. TarikT.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Still not as good as Final Fantasy Seven, but this game is kick ass.
  66. MilesP.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I gave it a ten because it's a ff. It's not the best ff. ff7 waz the best but it still kicks ASS!!!!!
  67. JamesM.
    Mar 20, 2002
    Not as good as FF3 or not even close to FF7 but all 'n all great game.
  68. ChloiC.
    Mar 26, 2002
    I think tidus is hot!!!
  69. ShivonD.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I never play this crappy game but my siblings play it- and they say it is scrumptrulescent- a must have for PS2 owners, but it doesn't top "Final Fantasy 7." I wanna send a shout out to my clever people at Squaresoft for their brilliant series of RPG games.
  70. PatrickK.
    Apr 10, 2002
    Unbelivable! This is the best game I have ever seen!
  71. ThomasG.Jr.
    Apr 29, 2002
    This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! I'm talking 99,999 damage from 1 hit! Yeah FF7 was a great game but there wasn't much to it once you beat the game. FFX gives you players that start out as individuals but can learn other peoples' moves and abilities! And to be able to switch characters in and out of a fight at will makes the combat scenes never tiresome! All in all the greatest rpg i've ever played! Expand
  72. ReinholdW.H.
    May 31, 2002
    This title falls into the same trap as its predecessors: it's not really a GAME. Really. You have little to no control over the action. You are picked up and moved from place to place by tedious and poorly-scripted cutscenes. Only sparingly do you ever get to fight anything. I wish Square would make more FF titles like those on the NES and SNES and give players control and a sense of This title falls into the same trap as its predecessors: it's not really a GAME. Really. You have little to no control over the action. You are picked up and moved from place to place by tedious and poorly-scripted cutscenes. Only sparingly do you ever get to fight anything. I wish Square would make more FF titles like those on the NES and SNES and give players control and a sense of adventure, instead of the role of a bystander. Expand
  73. Chris
    Aug 13, 2002
    Great storyline and an awesome battlesystem makes this a game nobody would want to miss!1
  74. SnoopK.
    Sep 17, 2002
    It's tha bomb.
  75. JonathanD.
    Sep 18, 2002
    Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very good, despite its minor flaws. Expand
  76. LotsaBagels
    Sep 29, 2002
    Stop reading this and go buy this game immediately!!!
  77. Luke
    Sep 3, 2002
    What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with even more emphasise on strategy during fights. Very, very, very good game. Bring on FF11!! Expand
  78. DanielA.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonusThis game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonus video is the funniest thing ever. Expand
  79. Uter
    Oct 28, 2003
    I don't see the appeal of this series as a whole. I tried to like it and invested around 15 hours, but it simply wasn't engaging. The graphics don't impress me either. Talk about poor animation for Tidus. He's only got a walking animation, and a running animation - it looks just so unnatural, especially when he moves from one into the other. The combat rarely involves I don't see the appeal of this series as a whole. I tried to like it and invested around 15 hours, but it simply wasn't engaging. The graphics don't impress me either. Talk about poor animation for Tidus. He's only got a walking animation, and a running animation - it looks just so unnatural, especially when he moves from one into the other. The combat rarely involves strategy, and the game progresses in an unbareably linear way (hint* move forward). The level up system looks complex and deep, but in reality it's very simple. Usually you don't even get to choose what attribute you want to improve, just follow along a set path of leveling up. The only thing that I somewhat liked was the airy fairy story. While wimpy and overly pretend religious, it was entertaining and did make me care about the characters. Even if Tidus is the type of guy you might find in a beauty salon in real life. One more thing I'll complain about... The cut scenes all have different graphical styles and were done by different artists. Some look amazingly real, and others look not quite perfect versions of the characters you see during gameplay. Expand
  80. Mr._Rabbit
    Oct 7, 2003
    The only thing i didn't like was how the story happened in the future otherwise the game was great.
  81. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is amazing squaresoft have done it again.
  82. Marc444
    May 20, 2003
    I just cannot believe how shocking Yuna's voice acting is... and how whiney Tidius sounds. The characters are so irritating, it's beyond the beyond. The game would have been infinitely more enjoyable if they made the time between battles and level explorations random, rather then exactly 20 seconds, sometimes even less. So all you can do is walk a few steps and then... BANG! you I just cannot believe how shocking Yuna's voice acting is... and how whiney Tidius sounds. The characters are so irritating, it's beyond the beyond. The game would have been infinitely more enjoyable if they made the time between battles and level explorations random, rather then exactly 20 seconds, sometimes even less. So all you can do is walk a few steps and then... BANG! you are in a battle. It kills the ability to explore completely!!! What were these guys thinking???? I'm not an RPG player, but I have to say it doesnt take one to see that they made some stupid decisions here. It could have been so much better, with not that much change. Collapse
  83. EagleEye
    May 7, 2003
    This is good, I like the story and characters but its not a real game, you spend 80% of your time watching cut scenes and i wish i was being over the top but thats for real. Major dissapointment after ff7.... i certainly won't be goin for another ff until its a game again.
  84. TitoY.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Once again, squaresoft create a masterpiece. FinalFantasy X can't disappoint their fans. Of course is weird to hear the characters voices but it's great to live your own epic story.
  85. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    For a start i would like to point out that marc444 has no taste in games whatsoever. That said,this is 1 of the best games ever to grace our ps2,sure it may be somewhat cheesy but that cant be helped.In any case FFX rocks hands down.
  86. SteveW.
    Oct 11, 2004
    Its Hard To Be Negative About This Game Because It Gives You Everything You Could Want In A Final Fantasy Game But That Said Others Have Done That And More (FF9 , FF7) But On Its Own An Excellent Game That I Cant Fault.
  87. NaomiM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Best ff game EVER!!!
  88. Mr.Chicken
    Oct 6, 2004
    The first rpg I've ever played and i couldn't be happier.
  89. Pucciocorona
    Feb 28, 2004
    Very cool , graphics and the story.
  90. AnonymousMC
    Apr 9, 2004
    Wat the hell is wrong with u idiots?! is there soms thing fun about watching people fight whyle u sit on the couch picking ur ass?? GOD no story no fun NO action. This game is not even worth crap.And jack.p U WANT TO MARRY A VIDO GAME CHARICTER?!!!!!!!!!!! thats kinda sad get some help
  91. DanijelJ.
    Sep 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever given from ff creators.
  92. MaresF.
    Mar 6, 2005
    This game is great.
  93. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    A one-of-a-kind gaming experience...a must-have for the PS2, even for the non-fans of RPGs!!!
  94. DavidM.
    Nov 2, 2006
    Great game with dozens of side quests and missions to keep you playing for months, the game isn't over till you own that grid.
  95. AnsonG.
    Apr 1, 2006
    Nice graphics, good story and good game.
  96. MarkJ.
    Jun 11, 2006
    this game is very fun to play.it's got a great storyboard and you can never tell whats going to happen next.you cant go wrong with those graphics.the only thing i would change would just be little things like the battle music, and when you win a fight tidus does clouds winning battle thing y'know just tiny things.
  97. Dave
    Jun 18, 2006
    The most amazing thing about this game for me is how many people have bought into the hype surrounding it. In fact I use the word 'game' in its loosest sense, because in truth this is more of a movie, with brief 'game' sequences occasionally. The story is entirely linear, and most of the time you are just sitting watching mind-numbing boring movie sequences which you The most amazing thing about this game for me is how many people have bought into the hype surrounding it. In fact I use the word 'game' in its loosest sense, because in truth this is more of a movie, with brief 'game' sequences occasionally. The story is entirely linear, and most of the time you are just sitting watching mind-numbing boring movie sequences which you CANNOT SKIP! This is the first FF game I've played and I gather the other games in the series are much better, and don't consist of 90% movies which you can't skip. So I'm not slating the whole FF franchise but judging this game on its own merits, there is nothing to recommend it at all. If you want to watch a movie, go to the cinema or rent a DVD. Expand
  98. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    Maybe I just hate RPG's, but I think this game really sucked because it is difficult and repetitive in a bad way.
  99. Eeganrac
    Jul 31, 2006
    Great graphics, boring story, voice acting sucks. Not to mention, i thought i bought a game with cut scenes, not a movie with some interaction. Way too many cut scenes that you can't friggin skip.
  100. Noir
    Aug 7, 2006
    I'm late to the game with this one, but it's pretty clear that this isn't really a video game, per se. It's more like a long, drawn out anime. I quickly grew tired of mundane tasks, like having my character walk from one cut scene to another. There just isn't enough real interaction to make this a video game, unfortunately. I will say, the cut scenes are beautiful I'm late to the game with this one, but it's pretty clear that this isn't really a video game, per se. It's more like a long, drawn out anime. I quickly grew tired of mundane tasks, like having my character walk from one cut scene to another. There just isn't enough real interaction to make this a video game, unfortunately. I will say, the cut scenes are beautiful to look at, but when it comes down to it, I could see a beautiful anime by renting one. Expand

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.