Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. ClintH.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This game realy rocks. The game makers realy put hearts into this game.
  2. DaveY.
    Oct 22, 2006
    One of the best FF games in the series.
  3. Boz
    Oct 8, 2003
    This is the best final fantasy game i ever played. I played all the ff games from the 1st one on nintendo all the way to the ps2 and this game is the best ever i love the storyline the graphics everything. I know that the next few ff games are going to be better but ffx will always be the best for me.
  4. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    !The Bomb! (sorry) great story.....fantastic story and it doent end with a happy ending! thats new and i like it.
  5. RomanR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is an amazing game, and.. I'm obsessed, haha. and that's all, and as Gatsby mentioned, it's also all on opinion and the type of person you are, I mean, if you don't like love stories at all, then this may not be the game for you, it all depends on the type of person you are. Expand
  6. mitch
    May 18, 2010
    Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills to the fullest by limiting the upgrades I make to my characters. And with this being the case, the same game can be played many a time and each of those times it can be done in a different manner from the last. The graphics of the cinematic visuals are breathtaking, and this emphasises the emotional side of the game to the fullest. The extra content involved, such as Dark Aeons, Celestial Weapons, the Omega Weapon, monster arena, Omega Ruins, hidden airship destinations, and, of course, Penance - makes this game very addictive and very difficult in completing one hundred percent. It's a brilliant and timeless adventure. One that I won't ever get sick of. Expand
  7. MattH.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. The graphics look like real-life people nearly, and the gameplay is fantastic. The story is one of my favorites, and the cast of characters is quite unique.
  8. GaryR.
    Jan 14, 2002
    Brilliant. There described in one word.
  9. LeeH.H.
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game is perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The voice acting still could have been better though. But other than that, it's just perfect.
  10. SariT.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I love the game! I have FF7, FF8, FF9,and FFX. They are all great. I love the graphics and voice activation. I love them all!
  11. Rikku02
    Feb 9, 2002
    I love the plot and the graphix are absolutely amazing! Yuna and Tidus all the way!
  12. FinalFantasyMaster
    Mar 19, 2002
    W O W!! This game is beautiful! The cut-scenes are wonderful, and its stuffed with details. Those who don't give this game an 8-10 doesnt have taste of games that deserves 100 out of 100. PS. PlayStation2 is kicking X-Box ass!!! Nothing to argue about.
  13. BigFeet
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game has awesome graphics, awesome sound, and has a real cool story.
  14. Grimm
    Mar 8, 2002
    Man, this game is the best rpg since final fatasy 8. I have to admit that ff9 fell off and compared to the other games of the series sucked, but it was still better than any other rpg out there. But ffx cannot be touched by anything, great graphics, the top rate story second only to halo and talk about the loss of lvl. 99 you can make your people soooooo strong I LOVE IT :)
  15. JustinS.
    Apr 1, 2002
    If you want the best bang for your buck, this is the game you want. It's storyline and addictively fun gameplay will have you playing non-stop.
  16. Megcmoigrr
    Apr 7, 2002
    Like FF8 (the same design team as FFX), the music by Nobuo Uematsu and the graphics are breathtaking...These are the japanese skills!
  17. BigDaddyShaft
    Jun 28, 2002
    This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very unique upgrade system allows you much more flexibility in improving your characters. Your normally physically weak spellcaster can become a great fighter if you choose, and there are dozens of abilities and skills to learn. The same goes for the battle system. While it is now strictly turned based, you have much more control over battles since you can switch the active characters at any time. Why did it take so long to think of this??? Finally, there's the plot. Although it doesn't quite unfold smoothly at times, it is very engrossing. As long as the game is, I wish that it could have been a little longer so I could have gotten to know all of the main characters a little better. Even still, the game's world was very well thought out and consistant. The writer's explain why the world is the way it is very well. Final thought: Get this game now or kick yourself later. Expand
  18. Nick
    Oct 28, 2003
    this is one of the best games ever and i can't wait for the sequel to come out.
  19. JoelA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is the best! This is the reason most of us actually went out and bought a brand-new PS2! (Including me!) I see nothing that needs redoing for the sequel!
  20. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on maximazing my characters capabilities. the story and plot again is superb. there is a balance between the story and the gameplay which allows the gamer to be fully submerge in the wolrd of spira. the plot is interesting and keeps you on your toes. the inclusion of the voice dialogue is a first in the rpg world and pioneered by final fantasy. they also were able to include facial expressions which was necessary for the gamer to feel and know what the emotions the characters are trying to show. although i find the puzzles in the game to easy, there is nothing bad i can say about this game. it's another gaming classic. Expand
  21. NikiE.
    Jul 20, 2003
    ffx is AWESOME! graphics are so amazing. the twisting story line pushes you to find out what happens next soo much, that it becomes addicting. i love it so much. =D
  22. JackP.
    Mar 31, 2004
    I think this game is the best finalfantasy ever and yuna is sooooooo hot? and i wish i can marry her daddly .
  23. DrususDigerness
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game was great! sure Tidus"s voice is wierd, but tidus is a rome name. but the game was fantastic, abouslty. heres what I like is Tidus was a brother to the great romean genral Drusus. (seriously)
  24. AutumnY.
    May 1, 2005
    This game is awsome and made me want to play again and again.... it does bring a tear to your eyes at the end and really my favorite game ever!!!!!
  25. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Final Fantasy X is a truly amazing game. It's definately on my top 5 list of an all-time favourite game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a masterpiece, and the whole game is a work of art. I love this game.
  26. BradT.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This is the greatest final fantasy game made yet, but i think they might have ruined it with the sequel to it.
  27. LeonA.
    Jan 22, 2006
    if this game does not get a ten i dont know who voted. this game has everything a smart gamer needs. Final fantasy X is a game that will leave a mark in game history.
  28. TehanuA.
    Apr 23, 2006
    WOW! How can you hate this game. Good graphics, good fighting cuts. Awsome story!! The music was also great! This is an all around good game for people whodont like to spend about 5 hours on a game and, opps, done. This game took me about 56 hours to finish. It always kept me on my feet on what could happen next.
  29. SamD.
    Mar 5, 2007
    BEST EVER! All the FF has flaws but this game is so good that the flaws can be over-looked, and I agree Tidus's voice is annoying at times.
  30. GS
    Jul 20, 2007
    One of the greatest games ever and the greatest RPG I have ever played.
  31. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    Absolutely better than any other Final Fantasy (close to 12 and 9 though). The most beautiful and touching game ever
  32. AlexanderS.
    Mar 29, 2009
    This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the quiet, strict old warrior he also has a sense of humor, while Barret for example (FF7) is always grumpy. All in all the characters are more alive in FF10. Also FF10 does best at mastering the gap between sci-fi and fantasy setting, while older FFs are more like Final Cyber-Punk. The FF10 story is based on myths and religion but in a world, that is completely different from anything we know. Spira has its own rituals, laws and lifestyle. The gameplay is good and there is tons to do outside of the story. All in all it's the best game for people who love story-driven games. Expand
  33. GlennB.W.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is the best game I have ever tried. The graphics especially is one of the many great things about this game.
  34. CyrilD.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Too nice to say something.
  35. ShyanmarM
    Feb 15, 2010
    FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, it'd basically take away what the game is all about. The Character design is cool, OK? Just because Tidus doesn't have spiky hair and wears black/deep purple and is all emo doesn't mean that's bad. Just 'cause Yuna doesn't run around in slutty outfits doesn't mean her character design sucks. The voice acting is great, especially considering that it's a series first here! What can you compare it to to say that it's bad? The battle system is absolutely cool and laid back. And especially considering that this game is the first FF title on the PS2, the first featuring voice acting, fully 3D-rendered landscapes and an ability system like the sphere grid (To all those who say that that is too easy or restricitve, just choose the expert mode on beginning the game ... ), this game is revolutionary. One of the best FFs up to date, in quite a lot of aspects even better than VII. Also better than IX, although not by that much. A full 10, anyway. Expand
  36. MaxG
    Mar 3, 2010
    This game has an incredible story, one of the best I have experienced in any game or movie. This is the most emotionally moving game I have ever played with amazing graphics, story, and music.
  37. DavidD.
    Jan 16, 2002
    If the scale was larger I would have given it a better score. The game's storyline alone is worth a 10 alone. The new voice overs worth it as while, the characters are unique & animated very while. Thank you.
  38. JonathanC.
    Feb 17, 2002
    This game is superior to any other RPG games yet! The graphics are superb and teh battle system makse it all interesting. The voice-overs could use some work but it all worked out in the end.
  39. TarikT.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Still not as good as Final Fantasy Seven, but this game is kick ass.
  40. MilesP.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I gave it a ten because it's a ff. It's not the best ff. ff7 waz the best but it still kicks ASS!!!!!
  41. JamesM.
    Mar 20, 2002
    Not as good as FF3 or not even close to FF7 but all 'n all great game.
  42. ChloiC.
    Mar 26, 2002
    I think tidus is hot!!!
  43. ShivonD.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I never play this crappy game but my siblings play it- and they say it is scrumptrulescent- a must have for PS2 owners, but it doesn't top "Final Fantasy 7." I wanna send a shout out to my clever people at Squaresoft for their brilliant series of RPG games.
  44. PatrickK.
    Apr 10, 2002
    Unbelivable! This is the best game I have ever seen!
  45. ThomasG.Jr.
    Apr 29, 2002
    This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! I'm talking 99,999 damage from 1 hit! Yeah FF7 was a great game but there wasn't much to it once you beat the game. FFX gives you players that start out as individuals but can learn other peoples' moves and abilities! And to be able to switch characters in and out of a fight at will makes the combat scenes never tiresome! All in all the greatest rpg i've ever played! Expand
  46. Chris
    Aug 13, 2002
    Great storyline and an awesome battlesystem makes this a game nobody would want to miss!1
  47. SnoopK.
    Sep 17, 2002
    It's tha bomb.
  48. LotsaBagels
    Sep 29, 2002
    Stop reading this and go buy this game immediately!!!
  49. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is amazing squaresoft have done it again.
  50. TitoY.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Once again, squaresoft create a masterpiece. FinalFantasy X can't disappoint their fans. Of course is weird to hear the characters voices but it's great to live your own epic story.
  51. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    For a start i would like to point out that marc444 has no taste in games whatsoever. That said,this is 1 of the best games ever to grace our ps2,sure it may be somewhat cheesy but that cant be helped.In any case FFX rocks hands down.
  52. NaomiM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Best ff game EVER!!!
  53. Mr.Chicken
    Oct 6, 2004
    The first rpg I've ever played and i couldn't be happier.
  54. Pucciocorona
    Feb 28, 2004
    Very cool , graphics and the story.
  55. DanijelJ.
    Sep 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever given from ff creators.
  56. MaresF.
    Mar 6, 2005
    This game is great.
  57. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    A one-of-a-kind gaming experience...a must-have for the PS2, even for the non-fans of RPGs!!!
  58. MaryT.
    Feb 25, 2007
    This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do than most all in all fantabulous game 10+++ Expand
  59. TomB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    The BEST game ever best graphics best story and comments eg (I will defeat sin I must defeat sin) and even music
  60. Sophie
    Aug 15, 2007
    Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy animation Futurama. A fantastic, addictive, game that I reccommend to anybody of any age interested in video games. Expand
  61. CharlieN
    Jun 11, 2009
    A compelling story with unique outlooks on a classic gameplay style. With tons of depth to both the main storyline in gameplay and story, with hours of sidequests that contain incentive to complete, you will be glad to have gone on one of the most prized experiences the PS2 has to offer.
  62. AntonioV
    Sep 8, 2009
    I love this game. The battle system is the greatest, no stress to choose action. The story is really good and sad. I like the game so much I've played it like five times
  63. SeanA.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but i must point out the flaws blitzball is not really that fun of a game they make it WAY too hard at first giving you the shaft for the first couple of games. And some of the voices seem like bad dubs from old godzilla movies. And their is no leveling which is a real bummer add the disenchanting way of obtaining abilities( it looks more like a maze) this are problems that need to be addressed in the next game. But i hear it will be online so i guess we can kiss the game goodbye. if only a system like ff7 matera was incorporated this game would be almost perfect but it is still a 10 because the graphics are ungodly and you will love playing it. Expand
  64. Sook-JaiK.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This game made me cry, i didn't imagine the graphics were this good.
  65. TidusL.
    Jan 15, 2002
    The best game in the world there is. A must own game
  66. SammytheBull
    Dec 17, 2002
    This game is so friggin awesome. It has awesome graphics, story, and even good voice-overs. Plus Blitzball is a blast (why am I the only one who thinks so). Definitely a must-buy for any remote RPG fan, or just anyone who owns a PS2.
  67. PederN.
    Jan 27, 2002
    Too Short. I want more dang it! Please just a little bit?
  68. DevinH.
    Mar 19, 2002
    This game is awesome. The battles never get boring and the graphics are great. By far the best game for the PS2 yet.
  69. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 17, 2003
    If FFVII didn't exist FFX & FFIX would be must-buys 4 any RPG fan out there. FFX BEAUTIFUL,creative & immensly fun.The only problem I have w/ it is sometimes it feels like a DVD instead of a game.
  70. TidusC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    I like the game 2 MAIN REASONS my name is Tidus and the char is Tidus but FFV was great better story line but i like the first time u fight Sin in the game it shows like a movie but i hate fighting the jely fish after. and i just like the FReakin thang.
  71. LeighM.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Best Game Ever!!
  72. MatthewB.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The best RPG I've ever played and I have played a lot.
  73. JiloverzP.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I think ffx was the best series of ff. especially the soundtrack was absolutly stunning . i didn't liked the Yevon and al bhed and all that crap though i juss loved tidus but yuna is a bitch after ffx-2.-_-
  74. Adray
    Jan 14, 2004
    now, this is my favorite game of ALL TIME even better that x-2(which is also great) man, this game is even better that FF7! please i read some of these reviews...and some people said that it has no storyline... i think that they are not aware of what a "storyline" is, because if you know final fantasy like i do, and a lot of others...youll know that final fantasy has THE best storylines now, this is my favorite game of ALL TIME even better that x-2(which is also great) man, this game is even better that FF7! please i read some of these reviews...and some people said that it has no storyline... i think that they are not aware of what a "storyline" is, because if you know final fantasy like i do, and a lot of others...youll know that final fantasy has THE best storylines out there...so if you are a RPG fan...pick this game up RIGHT NOW! you will not regret it...also its at a great price, pick it up its amazing. Expand
  75. TrixieJ.
    Feb 21, 2004
    If you are looking for a game with exellent graphics, amazing sound effects, an amazing plot, and outstanding battle scenes, this is the game.
  76. LukeA.
    Mar 18, 2004
    This is the best game ever created!!
  77. SteveT.
    May 29, 2004
    One of top 3 rpgs ever.
  78. Johndoe
    Nov 2, 2005
    AMAZING graphics!
  79. SiljeL.
    Nov 29, 2005
    One of the best FF games I have ever played!;)
  80. Time_devil
    Oct 31, 2005
    This game is great. It has great graphics and a very unique storyline. It really is a great game worth playing.
  81. JJHesseltine
    Mar 12, 2005
    This game rocked, its the first final fantasy game i beat, and i just beat it literally half an hour ago, and yeah im your 17 varsity soccer player jock type and the ending made me cry. It was so beautiful and touching. The story pulls you right in, and its just blah i cant explain it. Heartwrenching is probably right. now i am going straight to blockbuster and renting ffx-2. Play this This game rocked, its the first final fantasy game i beat, and i just beat it literally half an hour ago, and yeah im your 17 varsity soccer player jock type and the ending made me cry. It was so beautiful and touching. The story pulls you right in, and its just blah i cant explain it. Heartwrenching is probably right. now i am going straight to blockbuster and renting ffx-2. Play this game, and beat it. It is so worth the 60+hours i spent on it! Expand
  82. TejiriI.
    Apr 17, 2005
    This game moved me. This was the 1st FF I brought and this is what got me hooked on the Final Fantasy Series. I never get tired of watching the Real-time screenshots. I would give it 10000/10 but its not possible. I loved the music I can listen to it all day. When I'm in a battle I'm usually bopping my head to the theme. You rock.
  83. RegisJ.
    May 15, 2006
    i've been playing this game for 4 years (i have the international version so i wanna defeat the Dark Aeons and the Final Dark Aeon) Love the difficulty of this game and over all gameplay, I wish all FF games were like this!
  84. LeighM.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!
  85. ZXZFasheta
    Dec 28, 2003
    First time ive sat to play a FF game but i gotta say this is one of the best game ever created in many aspects, stunning graphics, heavy animation, intriging storyline, a scerene feel to the music and plot animation, charcter's unique personality, the game tops many many RPG's i've played. It gives a sense of scerenity, a feeling of accomplishment as u play, as u unravelFirst time ive sat to play a FF game but i gotta say this is one of the best game ever created in many aspects, stunning graphics, heavy animation, intriging storyline, a scerene feel to the music and plot animation, charcter's unique personality, the game tops many many RPG's i've played. It gives a sense of scerenity, a feeling of accomplishment as u play, as u unravel deep into the game the actions and storys that unfolds is quite intriging and unexpected. U could play the game for 160 hours non stop and still not have completed it in it's entirity. there are many things i still have to get apart from the ones u normally get in the game, i mean things u have to go out of your way to get like their ultimate weapons, the other i think about 4-5 aeons like Anima (The aeon of the guy that wanted to marry Yuna by force and wanted to become sin himself) u know stuff like that. Expand
  86. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    By far my favorite final fantasy game of all time. And I have high hopes for the future of the series. I have played through this game 3 times, and its worth every hour.
  87. Dec 29, 2012
    Amazing graphics, excellent story, great gameplay, phenomenal soundtrack, I can go on and on but there's no need for me to. A couple of (minor) problems include relatively weak character development for some people and a few issues with voice acting.
  88. Oct 28, 2010
    In my opinion this is the best final fantasy game since FF7. The story of the game is brilliant and just makes you want to play on until you finish it. the graphics of the game are brilliant and the game also shows great character development especially for the 2 main protagonists
  89. Sep 28, 2010
    Currently on a quest to finish reviewing (or at least write short comment) on Final Fantasy games I played before, not surprisingly this is the first PS2 game I ever played. The moment I laid eyes on cutey-pie Tidus... I mean the awesome graphics on Zanarkand being terrorized by sin, I was like wow... thank god I have a PS2. As an hardcore RPG gamer, I love the fact that it stays true to aCurrently on a quest to finish reviewing (or at least write short comment) on Final Fantasy games I played before, not surprisingly this is the first PS2 game I ever played. The moment I laid eyes on cutey-pie Tidus... I mean the awesome graphics on Zanarkand being terrorized by sin, I was like wow... thank god I have a PS2. As an hardcore RPG gamer, I love the fact that it stays true to a much improved turn based gameplay, each one of them is distinct in it's own way just makes the game even better. The characters provided were a cast of memorable characters starting from the naive Rikku to the should be less serious Yuna, each one them have a heart and soul, which to me is a prime sign that RPG should be taken seriously. At the time the graphics were too good to be true and the music is just... well, I have mixed feeling about the music. I just want to say that this is one the best RPG to date. Expand
  90. Sep 13, 2010
    Late Review, but I just recently had time to finish this game.

Late Review, but I just recently had time to finish this game.

Easily one of the best in the series, FFX adds character voices for the first time in the series which, along with captivating cut-scenes, makes this a great game to play anytime of the day. Along with the addition of the blitzball mini-game, FFX changed the way you use summons, fight, and even how you level up. This game comes with all of this, packed into one of the greatest story-lines to date. The extra dungeons, mini-games, and unlockable end weapons gives you hours of endless gameplay. My personal time before i quit playing for good was 113:46

The team who created this installment of the FF series truly put their hearts and souls into making this game. A definite must have for any fans of the FF series
  91. Sep 23, 2010
    It's closer to a 9.5 than a 10 out of 10, but I feel that the legacy that this game has left behind as a standard-bearer is enough to push it over the top. Final Fantasy X is, from start to finish, THE exemplary RPG on the PS2, and arguably the system's definitive title.
  92. Oct 14, 2010
    Final Fantasy X is the last good game in the numbered Final Fantasy series. Great story, great visuals, great mini games, interesting progression system.
  93. Nov 17, 2010
    This game by far is still not only my favorite game of the final fantasy series, it's one of my favorite games of all time! I absolutely LOVE this game to death, i don't think i'll ever get rid of my ps2 heavily due to this game. I LOVE the story line throughout the game and all the obstacles if you to do to accomplish goals and beat the game. Every character shines in there own way, andThis game by far is still not only my favorite game of the final fantasy series, it's one of my favorite games of all time! I absolutely LOVE this game to death, i don't think i'll ever get rid of my ps2 heavily due to this game. I LOVE the story line throughout the game and all the obstacles if you to do to accomplish goals and beat the game. Every character shines in there own way, and i've grown fond of all of them. If you don't have this game, something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to wipe the dust off your ps2 and play this game, NOW!

i've beaten the game at least 5 times and i've started a new one to play it all over again. I LOVE FINAL FATNASY X!!!!!
  94. Dec 21, 2010
    for me the best ff ever, i cryed with the final, no other game had me in front of the tv for so many time.

Good Graphics
    excellent history
    nice characters
    perfect combat system
  95. Feb 27, 2011
    I loved everything about this game. I loved the battle system, how it gave you time to think about your actions. And, yes, you will run into fiends every 10 seconds, but you need to level up your characters like crazy to even attempt to finish the game, plus they drop items you need. The cut scenes were long sometimes, but they were beautiful. Some cut scenes made me cry. The scenery inI loved everything about this game. I loved the battle system, how it gave you time to think about your actions. And, yes, you will run into fiends every 10 seconds, but you need to level up your characters like crazy to even attempt to finish the game, plus they drop items you need. The cut scenes were long sometimes, but they were beautiful. Some cut scenes made me cry. The scenery in the game was breath taking. The characters were one of the best things about this game. The back stories, outfits, personalities, weapons, voices, really everything was so unique. This game has the BEST music I have ever heard for a video game, I never got tired of the music. I loved the plot twists and character development. I also liked how there was humor in the stories. The only thing that was bad was Tidus's voice, which was whiny at some times. Over all, I give this game 9 or 10, but you have to be patient with the cut scenes, battles, and characters. You will have to level up your characters a lot, watch many cut scenes, and deal with characters complain, plus, to level up characters and higher your chances of beating the game, you will have to do side quests, like winning blitzball, training chocobos, and going through many cloister of trails to earn aeons. If you are impatient, hate watching cut scenes or characters, I would not recommend this game. To me, this game changed my life, a definite buy. Expand
  96. Apr 10, 2011
    The best game i ever played, with the awesome ost from nobuo uematsu.
    I really cry today when i hear "to zanarkand". have to play this another day
  97. Sep 12, 2011
    A masterpiece, words cannot describe how excellent this game is. Fantastic story, memorable characters it's all there. Yes, X is one of the best Final Fantasys since VII, but it's also one of the best games ever made.
  98. Aug 6, 2011
    By far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressiveBy far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressive game. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL RPG AND FINAL FANTASY LOVERS EVERYWHERE! Expand
  99. Oct 14, 2011
    What can I say? An experience of a life time. I didnt want it to end! Have to check out X-2, when they realise at Playstation, that it has to be brought to the store.
  100. Feb 13, 2012
    This game will always hold a special place for me amongst my video game collections. I got this game the year it came out and have loved it ever since. There is just something so emotionally involving and deeply engaging between the characters and the player. Itâ

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.