• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 9, 2004
8.8

1. Nov 20, 2012
    My all time favorite game. This is a must have for any PS2 owner. I was completely enthralled the entire time I played this game. This is a game that is easy to love. The graphics still hold up well even today, the missions are downright fun and the hazardous environment around you makes the gameplay never have a dull moment.
    The only bad thing I have to say about this game is the item
    selection screen. I wish they had implemented hot keys so I wouldn't need to pause the game every time I needed to use the Fire Axe. Expand

1. You certainly can't fault Firefighter F.D 18 for fiery originality, but its ambitions are cruelly extinguished by overly simplistic game design and a clunky control system makes it the kind of cult curiosity that only the true hardcore would ever dare parting cash for.
  2. This is also one of those games that outright begs for a bigger, badder and hotter (pun fully intended) sequel.
    Despite a contrived love story, limited camera control, and levels that tend to drag, Konami has provided a refreshing change of pace in this punishing man-versus-nature offering that it requires you to stem the tide of destruction and actually save lives for once. [Apr 2004, p.74]