Galerians: Ash PlayStation 2

7.9

1. Zephqu
    Mar 18, 2003
    I just heard about Galerians:Ash. I think it will be fairly good! I'v played Galerians and I liked it very much(mostly for the good game play....the storyline is wacked? It has potential to be better though!)
  2. Ghostreviewer
    Nov 2, 2007
    I have very strong, yet mixed feelings, for the Galerians games. The plot is without a doubt one of the best I have ever seen in the sci-fi or horror genre (better than most movies out there). If you enjoy a good story and nothing more from a game, this alone will kill hours upon hours of your life. The main problem with Galerians Ash and the Galerians games in general is that the I have very strong, yet mixed feelings, for the Galerians games. The plot is without a doubt one of the best I have ever seen in the sci-fi or horror genre (better than most movies out there). If you enjoy a good story and nothing more from a game, this alone will kill hours upon hours of your life. The main problem with Galerians Ash and the Galerians games in general is that the gameplay is a complete mess. I appreciate the attempt to put a twist on the traditional survival horror gameplay but controls this archaic are simply unacceptable. I wish I could score this higher, as there is much potential behind it. Sadly though, as much as I enjoyed the story, I just did not enjoy the game. Expand

1. Graphically, the cutscenes are very stylish, exhibiting some striking sequences and Gigeresque character desings... Despite its shortcomings, I was charmed by Galerians: Ash. [Mar 2003, p.83]
    The game's reliance on padding is its biggest sin. Since there are very few environments, the designers force you to explore every nook and cranny of each one repeatedly, from every direction.
  3. The antiseptic chill of the game eventually takes its toll as well, finally sending this monotonous five hour experience into the deep freeze. [Mar 2003, p.65]