God of War II PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was very well designed. The story was compelling and I enjoyed playing this game. The best game on the PlayStation 2 in my opinion. The sound effects were awesome, the different fights were designed masterfully and always kept me guessing. Overall, had a good time.
  2. May 25, 2011
    This is what a sequel should be, bigger and better than the original in every way possible, the set pieces are epic, the story is interesting, the combat is once again flawless, the boss fights are more epic in scale, and the graphics are AMAZING!!! I'm amazed the PS2 is capable of these amazing visuals, the sound is just as good as the original, this game once again makes you feel like aThis is what a sequel should be, bigger and better than the original in every way possible, the set pieces are epic, the story is interesting, the combat is once again flawless, the boss fights are more epic in scale, and the graphics are AMAZING!!! I'm amazed the PS2 is capable of these amazing visuals, the sound is just as good as the original, this game once again makes you feel like a bad ass, my only complaint and the only thing keeping this from a perfect 10, is that it slows down the epic moments for a little while near the end of the game, but picks up the pace to awesome again later, but if you like the first one, you'll love this, it's better in every way. Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    god of war II is a true masterpiece and a perfect example of a good sequel. It improves upon its predecessor in every way imaginable and proves a stellar experience which is remembered for years to come.
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    Metacritic has announced God of War II to be the best PS2 game of 2007. I fully agree with this award. Of course the best days of the PS2 were almost over in 2007, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great game. I think it's the best action game of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. The story is not as good as the first part but the developer has managed to make the gameplayMetacritic has announced God of War II to be the best PS2 game of 2007. I fully agree with this award. Of course the best days of the PS2 were almost over in 2007, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great game. I think it's the best action game of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. The story is not as good as the first part but the developer has managed to make the gameplay even more intense. This is the PS2 game with the best graphics and the best gameplay. If you have a PS2 or PS3 (HD remakes of the God of War games were developed for the PS3) you should also have this game. Expand
  5. May 7, 2012
    The best God of War game in the franchise to date.
  6. DevinC.
    Mar 14, 2007
    The sequel is a true winner with awesome combat style, stimulating graphics, and an impressive storyline. The Gods of Olympus may have betrayed Kratos, but the Gods of this action packed sequel will be forever honored.
  7. DorianL
    Oct 26, 2009
    This game is truly a great game. The Puzzles are a bit annoying but in all its a great puzzle experience. The combat on the other hand is outradeous i love the cenematic gameplay it produces and the boss fights are crazy. A ten all the way.
  8. marcbrown
    Mar 13, 2007
    I am older (35)... I am old school (used to have to walk miles in the snow to get laundromat quarters to play Asteroids) ... I am jaded (wanna vomit when I read about GTA on PS3)... I am fed up (Tiger Woods '0whateva, FF Whateva, SOCOM'onthiz already)... I am forever cynical, an admitted Critacaholic-born & raised sarcastic, prick, New Yawker.... But.... I hate to sayI am older (35)... I am old school (used to have to walk miles in the snow to get laundromat quarters to play Asteroids) ... I am jaded (wanna vomit when I read about GTA on PS3)... I am fed up (Tiger Woods '0whateva, FF Whateva, SOCOM'onthiz already)... I am forever cynical, an admitted Critacaholic-born & raised sarcastic, prick, New Yawker.... But.... I hate to say it.... A Born again BELIEVER.... God of War II is Good..... THAT GOOD.... Get baptized brothers & sisters... Once in awhile; -it's great to know-, that they still can make games that are a FRIGGIN' BLAST to play....... (9.5/10) Expand
  9. DanielH.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Amazing game, it is even better than the first. Now I will start eagerly anticipating the 3rd on the PS3.
  10. MohamedI.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Highly anticipated PS2 Games Released With all new combat system magic and New Ability Makes God of War 2 benchmark on PS2 most wanted games. Nice story moved game everyone love this game. Go buy it play it, it worth for your money.
  11. BillyB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    The best game I've ever played. The only reason I still have a PS2 was to wait for this game and it lived up to my expectations.
  12. Ryan
    Mar 12, 2007
    Better than the original! and that's saying a lot! My only problems are the enemy AI and combat system, like the first game, they can be pretty simple and not too challenging on the normal difficulty. Sony should take a cue from the Devil May Cry games if it wants to improve the enemy AI. Nontheless, I love this even more than DMC!
  13. ChiemmyO.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Awesome in every sense of the word. This game will definitely go down in history as a landmark in gaming. For all gamers out there. Go and play.
  14. EricP.
    Mar 14, 2007
    All I have to say is run to the store and get your copy. Amazing graphics, great playing, this sequel is unbelievable.
  15. LoayN.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is by far the best game ever! I spent 1 hour playing it and I'm beyond impressed! MUCH MUCH better than part 1, right from the start you're fighting GODS! Can't stop loving it!
  16. MattB
    Mar 19, 2007
    Perfect. Simply perfect. If you like video games, you'll like this game. I will probably play this 10 times over before it starts to get boring.
  17. JamieT.
    Mar 21, 2007
    An extremely amazing game that left me wanting more. A little short but still an amazing game.
  18. MikeC.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Just played through this game, and it is more amazing than the first, more memorable moments, more huge combos, more great boss battles, and overall an amazing game. Quite possibly the greatest action game I have ever played, I get goosebumps thinking about some of the moments in the game, it's just that great. It obviously not for kids, but everybody else should experience this Just played through this game, and it is more amazing than the first, more memorable moments, more huge combos, more great boss battles, and overall an amazing game. Quite possibly the greatest action game I have ever played, I get goosebumps thinking about some of the moments in the game, it's just that great. It obviously not for kids, but everybody else should experience this masterpeice, summing up what an amazing console the PS2 was. Expand
  19. Sammy
    Mar 28, 2007
    I just finished the game today, and not a moment of the game could slow down the incredible feeling of excitement this game gives you. It may very well be the greatest game I've ever played. The story is great, the action is perfect, and the puzzles will keep you thinking the whole way through. If you own a PS2 and don't buy this game, then shame on you.
  20. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Kind of like the first one, however, you might be forgetting that the first one was one of the greatest games ever. Plus in this one you have a better storyline and more combos. The PS2 could be going down with its greatest game ever.
  21. PeterParker
    Mar 31, 2009
    This is the best game I've EVER played.actually I think it's literally legendary!the puzzles,the combat system,the graphics,everything would get you attached to your seat playing from the first to the last moment of the game,I don't think it deserves anything less than a perfect 10!!
  22. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the greatest action games of all-time. This game is pure genius. Six words "Epic Sky Battle With Flying Pegasus"!!
  23. Apr 4, 2012
    this is the best episode of the series god of war.Kratos back again with new powers such as golden fleece, amulet of moires and many other powers, but I regret that the enchainnement stops pas.ce which is extraordinary is the logical continuation of that God of War I ends with the death of Ares.il are also new powers and it is still good for fuchi terrace Giants. it deserves a 10/10.
  24. Jun 26, 2016
    a Masterpiece. Solid gameplay , good graphics . ......................................................................................................................................
  25. HassanC.
    Apr 1, 2007
    GOD of war 2 trumps the original in every way possible, the combat system which i thought was lacking in the first is much better in 2. the story is fat more epic and the set pieces rival anything the ps3 has to offer... get this game... Sony have done a outstanding job congrats.
  26. FerasD.
    Jul 24, 2007
    Great game & i hope there is a third part of it.
  27. DericB.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Much better than the first game! Graphics were truly impressive. Gameplay was better and well rounded compared to first game. Still a linear action game, not truly an adventure game like Castlevania/Metroid. You can fully power up weapons which was a problem in the first game. Enemy bosses and levels are more memorable and interesting. Not sure why this one doesn't get higher marks Much better than the first game! Graphics were truly impressive. Gameplay was better and well rounded compared to first game. Still a linear action game, not truly an adventure game like Castlevania/Metroid. You can fully power up weapons which was a problem in the first game. Enemy bosses and levels are more memorable and interesting. Not sure why this one doesn't get higher marks than the first, it deserves better. Collapse
  28. LokiT.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is quite easily one of the best games I have EVER played. It one ups the first one by a factor of ten, it has better cut scenes, better acting, better story, better action sequences, puzzles, etc. The graphics look better than most next gen games I have seen. This is worth buying a component video cable for. In fact, it's a must for the game. You will not be disappointed.
  29. MarcD.
    Mar 17, 2007
    The gameplay is tigher paced and more addictive than the original. The art direction is simply beautiful and breath taking. The soundtrack has an epic feel to it. The voice acting for Kratos is spot on. I would have given it a 10...but the graphics are starting to show their age. But that's no fault of the developers...they pushed the aging hardware to the limit. An amazing and The gameplay is tigher paced and more addictive than the original. The art direction is simply beautiful and breath taking. The soundtrack has an epic feel to it. The voice acting for Kratos is spot on. I would have given it a 10...but the graphics are starting to show their age. But that's no fault of the developers...they pushed the aging hardware to the limit. An amazing and must-have game for the PS2. What a swansong. Expand
  30. Nelson
    Mar 18, 2007
    I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the awesome surprise you'll receive and the satisfying "ending" that unfolds. Its probably best that I warn you to get a PS3 within the next 2 years to avoid disappointment (when you beat the game you'll see what I mean). PS2 owners rejoice, B/c the PS2 is going out w/ a BANG! Expand

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

God of War II may in fact be the best action game ever made. It outdoes the original God of War in every way.
    There are a few brilliant core improvements, such as the beautifully implemented grappling system that lets you swing around with your blades. But for the most part, the game's best features are context-specific things rather than features that change or improve the title as a whole...A stellar example of what can be done when a developer focuses on telling a story and lets that drive the game.
  3. It's not just one element that turned the game into a masterpiece, it's every element – the controls (perfection), world design (unbelievably creative), combat (exciting and challenging), and enemy selection (unreal) are just a few of the reasons why this is PS2’s best first-party release.