GoldenEye: Rogue Agent PlayStation 2

Dec 30, 2004
    Gargbage, absolute garbage.
  2. AlleyCat
    Feb 18, 2005
    I brought this game on ebay for a tenner. That's still £2 a minute, cause it only lasted five minutes until I pushed eject and put PP:Warrior Within back in the console. Utter Worthless Garbage.
  3. AB
    Jan 13, 2005
    This game is pure evil in the form of a game disc that shouldn't reach one's console. I bought this just because it's the sequel to the brilliant GoldenEye for the N64. Now I realize that I was ignorant and cretinous. EA used to be considered a good publisher, but with "Catwoman," "The Urbs," and "LOTR: The Third Age," they've disappointed me this year. The first This game is pure evil in the form of a game disc that shouldn't reach one's console. I bought this just because it's the sequel to the brilliant GoldenEye for the N64. Now I realize that I was ignorant and cretinous. EA used to be considered a good publisher, but with "Catwoman," "The Urbs," and "LOTR: The Third Age," they've disappointed me this year. The first problem with the game is the AI. This game has abymal AI. When I heard of the E.V.I.L. AI system, I was interested. The system has faults, at very best. Plus, the graphics are pathetic. Everything looks boring and dull. And these visuals fit perfectly with the game, which is boring and dull as well. Also, why don't you get to play as James Bond? I was fairly interested, yet skeptical about being a villian, and my skeptical instincts were right. The character is crap. Being a bad guy adds nothing to the game. This game would be mediocre without the lame AI and vapid visuals, but with these faults it can be called horrendous. Expand
  4. EricJ.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Who remembers GOLDEN EYE for N64? well everyone fell in love with that. Now fall in love with this, because it's almost the same.
  5. Bond,JamesBond
    Mar 4, 2005
    My best work ever the fun is endless the graphics good and the best weaponry around.Overall the best game of the year.
  6. DeanB.
    May 31, 2006
    The likks are realistic which makes it cool and its an explosive game. Best game I ever played. Mutiplayer and the campaign is slamming. I'd give it 100 but it only goes up to 10.
  7. TorreyM.
    Nov 23, 2004
    In spite of being able to dual-wield some weapons and being able to use baddies as human shields, there's little to claim as "good" in this game. The game not only rehashes what's already been done in other 007-type games, but then goes on to rehash itself: forcing the user into repetitive, unimaginative gameplay. How anyone could praise this game is completely beyond me.
  8. KenM.
    Nov 23, 2004
    I found this game to be great. I could not stop enjoying the amazing art and the gun fighting. I must own for everyone.
  9. GrahamM.
    Dec 4, 2004
    Just to start off with, ROGUE AGENT ROCKS! This game completely kicks butt! After Everything or Nothing, which wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, this is like a breath of fresh air. Controls are tight, AI is decent enough (depending on which difficulty setting you've chosen) and the ability to take hostages is really cool, not to mention use deathtraps. It's all great, Just to start off with, ROGUE AGENT ROCKS! This game completely kicks butt! After Everything or Nothing, which wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, this is like a breath of fresh air. Controls are tight, AI is decent enough (depending on which difficulty setting you've chosen) and the ability to take hostages is really cool, not to mention use deathtraps. It's all great, right down to the soundtrack, which also kicks butt. In my opinion, the only bad things associated with this game are all the tasteless reviewers who gave it low marks. That's right, PSM! I was a HUGE fan of yours, but now I spit in your eye! *Pathooey*! I guess I'm just a "Rogue Gamer"..... Expand
  10. DrewA.
    Feb 15, 2005
    Hmm, a very divisive game. Either you enjoy it, or you hate it. From the people i've spoken to, it's old-school gamers who seem to appreciate this game the most. One of the biggest gripes i've heard is the lack of variety of gameplay. To be honest, i found an FPS that didn't have some lame, poorly controlled vehicle segment thrown in to be a breath of fresh air. Hmm, a very divisive game. Either you enjoy it, or you hate it. From the people i've spoken to, it's old-school gamers who seem to appreciate this game the most. One of the biggest gripes i've heard is the lack of variety of gameplay. To be honest, i found an FPS that didn't have some lame, poorly controlled vehicle segment thrown in to be a breath of fresh air. It's an FPS. I'm buying the game to run around and shoot people in the first person view. I was happy. Bonus marks for the terrific Paul Oakenfold score! Collapse
  11. Sam
    Jul 13, 2005
    I like the weapons, the plot, the ideas behind it, the controls, the dual weilding, a lot of things i like about this game. So why an 8? I was expecting a classic like that of Goldeneye for N64, and I got a fun game, just not as fun.
  12. AnonymousMC
    Jan 29, 2007
    I can't say the whole game was terrible, I've been playing it for days now, but i just got so pissed off i turned off the game, put it in its box, and im returning it tomorrow. its just one of those games that makes you scream at the tv and wanna break the controller. you reach a point where its no longer fun, you just want to finish it so u never have to play it again.I can't say the whole game was terrible, I've been playing it for days now, but i just got so pissed off i turned off the game, put it in its box, and im returning it tomorrow. its just one of those games that makes you scream at the tv and wanna break the controller. you reach a point where its no longer fun, you just want to finish it so u never have to play it again. i'm aggravated! Expand
    Nov 22, 2004
    Single player mode beats Halo 2 hands down. The game is solid, people seem to judge this game too harsh because of the name. The story is solid! MP is average, but fun! The dual wealding is the best I have seen yet. Just remember that Goldeneye on N64 was only good because it was solid as this game was AND because it was the largest jump in terms of console gameplay that has been seen. If Single player mode beats Halo 2 hands down. The game is solid, people seem to judge this game too harsh because of the name. The story is solid! MP is average, but fun! The dual wealding is the best I have seen yet. Just remember that Goldeneye on N64 was only good because it was solid as this game was AND because it was the largest jump in terms of console gameplay that has been seen. If you can name another jump like that let me know... everything has been gradual... that's my thought. Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2010
    I personally love this game but I will agree that some things in this game aren't that great such as not being able to JUMP! They could have added a few more gadgets or abilities as well but other than that this game is very fun. The weapons/gun arsenal in this game is probably to best/coolest i've ever seen.
  15. Jan 3, 2011
    Very fun and I enjoy having friends hang out with me playing the game. The story mode is great to. And graphics are wonderful. After a long while though the split screen gets a little boring and some guns do stink. Still the game is amazing and that is that. I suggest it!
  16. Sep 13, 2014
    This game is typical FPP game.Your mission goal in this game is to kill and destroy everything.If you like total open war this game may be for you. The levels are long and laborious. Laborious because in every level we do the same-kill,kill and kill!!!This is action game where you openly fight against armies of different villains. You can use many weapons-and many of them you can have inThis game is typical FPP game.Your mission goal in this game is to kill and destroy everything.If you like total open war this game may be for you. The levels are long and laborious. Laborious because in every level we do the same-kill,kill and kill!!!This is action game where you openly fight against armies of different villains. You can use many weapons-and many of them you can have in both hands. You can also use some special powers by your Goldeneye.This game is one huge extermination of your enemies.Graphic is average (when you see ps2 standatrds) and music is quite good background to this mayhem.
    If you like stealth games like Metal Gear Sold or Splinter Cell-than you should forget about this game.
    If you like use gadgets and missions with different goals(like in many other Bond games)-you should be prepare for repetetive gameplay when your obligation is to kill and destroy everything which is hostile.
    The plot is quite interesting,especially when you are Bond fan. Game is right now (today is 13.9.2014) very,very cheap(about 2$ for playstation 2). For this money -this huge amount of acion and bond universe
    plot it can be another interesting position in your collection.
  17. Mar 14, 2016
    Fun game, but quite linear. Gameplay can be a bit ridiculous and tedious at times. Solid splitscreen multiplayer offers more depth to the game as the story is not particularly compelling.
  18. Jul 9, 2016
    An average shooter for the PS2. Honestly, I can't recommend this title. Nothing about the game is outstanding in any way. The gameplay is somewhat enjoyable, but repetitive. The graphics and presentation are the game's strong point, however, some of the environments are very dark and unappealing. The story is uninspired and by the numbers. The character is supposed to be a James BondAn average shooter for the PS2. Honestly, I can't recommend this title. Nothing about the game is outstanding in any way. The gameplay is somewhat enjoyable, but repetitive. The graphics and presentation are the game's strong point, however, some of the environments are very dark and unappealing. The story is uninspired and by the numbers. The character is supposed to be a James Bond villain. However, you never get a chance to take on the MI6 and James Bond. Instead, the game pits you against Dr.No, while working for Goldfinger. Expand

#47 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#58 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A disappointingly repetitive and average ride at a time when above-average is a necessity.
    A lackluster package of average single-player and slightly better multiplayer. Unless you're a huge and/or irrational Bond nut, it offers nothing that competing games don't do better.
  3. This is about as close as any shooter's come to replicating the action-movie experience, with plenty of toys to play with and a great techno soundtrack.