Grand Theft Auto III PlayStation 2

8.5

1. Jason
    Feb 2, 2002
    Da best damn game ever made. Period.
  2. Elmo
    Feb 2, 2002
    The game made me laugh, a lot. It's so real. It feels great and plays well. It's the little things that count and GTA3 has loads. Waiting for trains, fights between gangs, headlights in the rain, the more you make the guy run the fitter he gets. It's thing like this that make games, GTA3 is packed full of fun gore and other things your mum hates!
  3. DarrylC.
    Jul 2, 2003
    Great game the best game i have ever bought and i have 75 of them. No matter how many times you play it you just want more.
  4. Dennis
    Jan 10, 2002
    This game totally exceeded my expectations for playability, it never gets boring to me.
  5. ScottE.II
    Jan 3, 2002
    I have played GTA1 and GTA2, and they say 3rd time's a charm and I think it's true with Grand Theft Auto 3, everything you could do in 1 and 2, but so much more and in glorious 3D! This game is the most addictive game I've ever played. I'll play one mission and just want to keep going and going, it never gets boring - the replay value is endless! GTA3 is Game of the DECADE!
  6. AnthonyT.
    Jan 5, 2002
    Three Words - Best Game Ever. Denny D. should realize that sex and violence go together.
  7. MaCHOC
    Jan 6, 2002
    I give this game a 10 only because you can't key in 1,000,000,000,000! Graphic, Control, Music, Story, Characters, Whips everything, gets a 10... Denny D....Go look for a Pokemon Game! You don't want Sex and Profanity!! The title is GRAND THEFT AUTO III why wouldn't you think it would have sex and cursing? Your in the hood! "If you've never been to the ghetto I give this game a 10 only because you can't key in 1,000,000,000,000! Graphic, Control, Music, Story, Characters, Whips everything, gets a 10... Denny D....Go look for a Pokemon Game! You don't want Sex and Profanity!! The title is GRAND THEFT AUTO III why wouldn't you think it would have sex and cursing? Your in the hood! "If you've never been to the ghetto don't ever come to the ghetto! Cause you wouldn't understand the ghetto, so stay the f*ck out of the ghetto!"~ Naughty By Nature... Who's mother is he? And how'd he find out about this site? Collapse
  8. ChrisP.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Great game, with some of the best graphics on the PS2 but what it realy needs is a mutiplayer mode that would make this game one of the greats. Also you could make use of the Playstation 2's modem.
  9. AndreaA.
    Jan 9, 2002
    No need to become a mafioso. Just play GTA3. Great. I have to steal a Sentinel, have you seen one somewhere?
  10. GuyH.
    Feb 16, 2002
    Prefecto....I love it now if only I could save to buy a PS2 and stop going to my friends house to play it. I'd really give it a 20 but you guys restrict me to 10.
  11. BallyC.
    Feb 19, 2002
    Prostitution gave this game a cut above the rest!
  12. KaganD.
    Feb 5, 2002
    This game is great! You have such a freedom where you cannot find it anywhere else. The reason for giving 9 out of 10 are the graphics. I still believe that the graphics could be improved. Nevermind, enjoy the story and the radio.
  13. RobD.
    Feb 9, 2002
    Really coool but should be able to go in buildings and banks.
  14. DamenE.
    Mar 11, 2002
    If I could rate 100, I would. Unlike any other, this game is so real that I can't begin to explain. Try it.
  15. DavidH.
    Mar 30, 2002
    This game has an incredible range of motors, great graphics.
  16. PersonIforget.
    Apr 9, 2002
    This is the best game ever made. Beating the crap out of people. Blowing their brains away. Robbing cars. I mean it can't get any better, and for the people who rated this game, bad. If you don't like the sex and all that stuff. Then just dont play it. Duhhh. All in all this is the best game ever. Cant wait till it comes out on pc. I love this game, and the weird thing is,This is the best game ever made. Beating the crap out of people. Blowing their brains away. Robbing cars. I mean it can't get any better, and for the people who rated this game, bad. If you don't like the sex and all that stuff. Then just dont play it. Duhhh. All in all this is the best game ever. Cant wait till it comes out on pc. I love this game, and the weird thing is, I've never played it. Expand
  17. Kevin
    Jul 2, 2002
    This may just be the best PS2 game ever!
  18. AnonymousMC
    Jul 9, 2002
    Denny D you're a moron - of course its got foul language/sexual content thats why its rated 18. Its not for kids - its a fantastic game encompasses the darker side of our streets. A must buy for anyone (of a certain age and above) who owns a PS2
  19. GeoffC.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I was reading this section, when someone named"Cool Am Ivan" gave this a 3. What game is he talking about? Boggsville? Blacksmiths in Grand Theft Auto 3? Is he on something? You know, this "person" is very stupid to put a review on the wrong game. Anyway, I thought the game was great. so don't listen to that loser!!!
  20. TylerF.
    Jan 3, 2003
    This game rules. It's graphics are awesome and anyone who hates this game is a mental nutcase or a girly little fifi.
  21. chuck76
    May 12, 2003
    Oooh 0 out of 10 how clever you are. Every video game is pointless you could be out saving whales or preventing rain forests from being cut down, but I imagine if you've got time to go on-line and give hokey scores for a game then you probably don't do that either. Still how funny is it that even with your false scores and plenty of others I'm sure the game still scores so highly.
  22. JonathanF.
    Jul 1, 2003
    This is no doubt the best game in the world. S.T., Jone B. and Someguy, I think you must be looking at the code, not the game.
  23. JohnB.
    Jan 1, 2006
    This game revolutionized gaming in a way few games did. It enabled an environment where you were free to roam and do ANYTHING you want! Not only that, but its sequels didn't ruin a thing, Vice City and San Andreas were great games. May this franchise last forever and developers, stop trying to make cheap ripoffs like The Getaway and True Crime Streets of LA. You will never compare to This game revolutionized gaming in a way few games did. It enabled an environment where you were free to roam and do ANYTHING you want! Not only that, but its sequels didn't ruin a thing, Vice City and San Andreas were great games. May this franchise last forever and developers, stop trying to make cheap ripoffs like The Getaway and True Crime Streets of LA. You will never compare to Grand Theft Auto. Expand
  24. JavierF.
    Aug 10, 2006
    The game is cool because it has a lot of violence and i like to kill people in the game and that is the best game ever.
  25. EricC.
    Dec 1, 2001
    If I could have rated it at a one hundred I would have. This game is absolutely awesome!!!
  26. Eric
    Oct 31, 2001
    It is the best game, and it is so real.
  27. SalM.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is a great game. Best I have ever seen. Just a piece of advise to Dallas D. After each mission save your game. That way when you die or get busted you can just reload and still be up to the same mission. And you also get to keep your weapons.
  28. StephenM.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This game is the reason I bought PS2!!! The graphics are great and it is hard to put down.
  29. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is a good game but the new GTA, GTA:Vice City is better.
  30. ryane.
    Jan 3, 2002
    Fun game.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The end-all, be-all of console action games. Period...For me GTA3 is the best action game I have ever played on a console system and I highly recommend it to adults (the intended audience of this game) who know the difference between good and evil.
  2. An insanely deep game that offers a lot to do outside of the 70+ missions. If you understand that it's just a game and that these selfsame actions are not healthy in the real world, you'll enjoy a well-developed world disguised as a deviously fun game.
  3. Next Generation Magazine
    Adding to the frustration is the fact that your targeting system is practically useless, and the vehicle physics model is annoyingly floaty. [Jan 2002, p.78]