8.9

1. GotIt
    Oct 25, 2004
    Hey, I just decided to rub it in. It's 6:00 on the 25th and I GOT SAN ANDREAS. My EB games started releasing it early. In your face you PRE_ORDERERS. HAHA
  2. Buried-In-The-Box
    Oct 25, 2004
    I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives I'm not sure what has gotten into IGN lately, but it looks like they are taking upon themselves to single handedly make all XBOX games look bad at the end of this year by GIVING PS2 games good scores that don't deserve them. I'm not worried aboout CCC or OPSM, as one of them is totally biased and the other isn't credible [Ed: huh??], you figure it out, but if IGN gives Halo 2 less than a 9.9, it will look like a game that has been done 5 times before is totally better than a game that has only been done once before and is obviously gonna be better and played longer. I don't how Sony is getting to these reviewes, but I for one am sick of crappy games that haven't changed in years getting great scores and games that haven't been tried much before that have something new to give getting the boot. This game is no different from the last, so I guess every game from now on should get a 10 since anything that tries something different in their sequel should be considered better. Shame on all reviewers that give this game over an 8.5. Sequels that don't do anything different from their predecessor can't be scored higher than their earlier try. Expand
  3. NateW.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I'm curious as to who Jim D. is referring to when he complains this game only appeals to one "specific group"... I wonder if I fall into that group, because I think it is incredible what they accomplished with this game. The level of both technical and production polish on this game in unprecedented.
  4. Bill
    Oct 26, 2004
    All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your character 's outfits, abilities, appearance, and social behavior to your hearts content. Those of you who think IGN is biased, Gamespot gave it a 9.6. Is this a massive industry wide conspiracy? I think not. Get a life. Expand
  5. JamesP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The Return of the King!!! without a doubt the best game alongside the long awaited Half Life 2. What's with the people who keep giving 1 for every superb title? Sort your lives out idiots.
  6. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  7. DavidT.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Just not that impressed, I like Vice Vity alot better. The game just feels to slow, or maybe it has been a while since I played GTA VC , but the new game is just missing that certain bite !!
  8. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  9. MarvinoJ.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I think that this game rocks hard man!!!
  10. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  11. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  12. Steve
    Oct 27, 2004
    Slower firing rate for all the guns, I really hate the new camera (that R thumbstick junk), the tank is now destructable and is impossible to aim, and the sunset look gets annoying.
  13. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  14. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  15. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  16. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  17. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  18. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  19. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  20. JustinS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    I played this game at a friends house and it was awsome. I am going to buy it as soon as i can get the money for it, it is well worth the $50.00 it cost.
  21. MarkC.
    Oct 31, 2004
    So much do I wish I didn't have to work.
  22. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  23. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  24. FredB.
    Nov 7, 2005
    This was awesome!!!! I can play it forever!!!!
  25. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  26. DavidN.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Great game! I'm from Brooklyn, New York. I don't know much about Cali hoods but this game does a good job of portraying life in the hood. I'm sure any hood in Cali is like any hood in New York.
  27. BrandonM.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I think all the gta game's are cool. i hope thay keep on making games like gta.
  28. CoryK.
    Apr 27, 2005
    The ONLY bad thing about this game is the graphics. The levels are huge, the game is very long, the missions are all varied and there is just so much to do. This game will go down as one of the best games of all time.
  29. SuruR.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Best game ever seen.
  30. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is the best video game on PlayStation 2 ever without a doubt.
  31. RileyF.
    Jun 16, 2006
    This is definantly the best Grand Theft Auto title to date. A massive world to explore, hours of side missions, tons of stuff to buy and a plot that outdoes even that of Vice City in it's gritty intensity.
  32. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    There is no reason to hate this game! It is the greatest game ever made because it makes you want to play it again and again. It's the greatest game along with Resident Evil 4!
  33. PhilipR.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This should be the #1. Fair enough, it lacks a physics engine. But its so fun that all the bad things are out numbered 999999999:1 by the sheer joy. The 2 player sucked though.
  34. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  35. RichK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. then dive bomb strait down. if u do it correctly u can get any were from 1000-7000. it only takes like 30 sec if u go fast enough and u land in a empty area like the red country. Enjoy ! Expand
  36. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  37. SamJ.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I think this game is great its fun and has preaty good graphics but way.... too much swearing in it.
  38. MatthewC
    Nov 9, 2009
    the game features everything you would want in a GTA game more meyhem,more weapons,and more vehicles.
  39. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  40. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  41. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  42. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  43. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  44. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  45. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  46. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  47. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  48. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  49. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  50. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  51. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  52. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  53. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  54. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  55. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  56. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  57. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  58. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  59. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  60. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  61. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  62. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  63. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  64. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  65. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    San Andreas is the best of the GTA 3 series of games for the PS2. The gameplay and minigames are leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The graphics have gradually improved with each game, though they are still nothing extremely special. The setting is great, Vice City put you there, but you really truly get immersed in San Andreas.
  66. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) Music mostly in the 90's plus more variety like country! Use of more cheats, ya can recruit ANYBODY for your gang member(s), ether with a 9mm or rocket launcher... More FUN! Expand
  67. RyanMcKenzie
    Dec 22, 2008
    The graphics are terrible and two player is not fun, but it is a pretty good game overall. There is a lot of cursing in the game and some reviewers didn't like it but it doesn;t bother me. It wouldn't bother them either if they didn't depend on a Playstation to watch their kids.
  68. Sep 15, 2011
    The best Grand Theft Auto game Rockstar has ever made. Period. Huge world map; probably the biggest in the series, almost unlimited freedom, huge loads of content that plays with its ridiculously good replay value, very robust character customization and a really good representation of the early 90's west America. Sure, the character designs and set pieces look like crap in today'sThe best Grand Theft Auto game Rockstar has ever made. Period. Huge world map; probably the biggest in the series, almost unlimited freedom, huge loads of content that plays with its ridiculously good replay value, very robust character customization and a really good representation of the early 90's west America. Sure, the character designs and set pieces look like crap in today's standards but that's what adds to the charm of this timeless classic. Expand
  69. Dec 4, 2012
    GRAND THEFT **** AUTO: SAN ADNREAS, **** Yeah! It's awesome in so many ways. I could tell you all day about all the great things in this game. It made me glad to play games and not go out and hang with friends.
  70. Dec 31, 2010
    People should look past the controversies of violence, sex and disturbing mods of the game. As a platformer fan, San Andreas is the best action game I had played. You don't need to read too much to know there's a lot of features. From shooting, driving all kinds of transport (cars, bikes, planes, choppers, boats), gym training, side-jobs and still a lot more. The missions and story arePeople should look past the controversies of violence, sex and disturbing mods of the game. As a platformer fan, San Andreas is the best action game I had played. You don't need to read too much to know there's a lot of features. From shooting, driving all kinds of transport (cars, bikes, planes, choppers, boats), gym training, side-jobs and still a lot more. The missions and story are great. The story is about CJ returning from Liberty City to San Andreas after 5 years in Liberty City to visit his family and help his gang, but he is also forced to help the cops. To stop the corrupted the police, CJ goes around San Andreas in search of trusted people to fight back the police. The graphic and audio are dated but very clear. What I love very much about San Andreas is the best soundtracks, which makes the game nostalgic for the memories of your entire life. I hope I get to play this again after so many years not playing it. Expand
  71. Jan 26, 2011
    Dude this game is pretty sweet. Like its not "the best game ever" (but close to it), but it probably is the best game on PS2. Ya ya, you can't see there emotions, but at least there heads aren't boxes! Its probably one of the best GTAs, because of the cheats (perfect for hanging out with your friend) and for some other aspects. Great game! Really cheap, so I bought it.
  72. Jun 14, 2011
    Fantastic game. Great gameplay and very enjoyable. Only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it's a bit glitchy compared to GTA IV and the graphics aren't the best but it's a masterpiece of a game you'll never get tired of.
  73. Apr 29, 2011
    Gangsters, jetpacks, quadbikes, choppers, planes, three big-ass cities AND one of the best sandbox adventures ever created. How can you not love this game? The sequel to the smash hit Vice City improves in every possible way over the previous titles in the series and ten times over. The missions are fun, nicely paced and not hard at all. The graphics look decent for 2004, but still aren'tGangsters, jetpacks, quadbikes, choppers, planes, three big-ass cities AND one of the best sandbox adventures ever created. How can you not love this game? The sequel to the smash hit Vice City improves in every possible way over the previous titles in the series and ten times over. The missions are fun, nicely paced and not hard at all. The graphics look decent for 2004, but still aren't great. Trust me, you'll get your money's worth with this game, with a storyline spanning over 100 missions and on top of that side missions are aplenty. The game is set in the 1990s and you play as Carl Johnson, a gangsta who returns to his home town due to the death of his mother and must regain his respect and work his way up the ladder to become crime boss of the city. The map is huge, and even the most dedicated gamer would take days to fully explore all the locations. There are three large cities each based on Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. There is also an impressive countryside and a desert as well. Many characters are featured throughout, some who return from GTA 3 and Vice City. The vehicles are standard GTA fare, but there are also lots of planes, helicopters and many unique vehicles as well such as the army tank, the quadbike and even a fighter plane. In sum, one of the greatest games ever made and the best GTA in the series. Expand
  74. Apr 11, 2011
    Best console game of a generation? Debatable. Best console action sand boxer of a generation? Probably. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, at time of writing, is very old. I played it too much upon release, and even today I still find time to boot up my PS2 between next-gen games, and play this classic. Apart from rather bad graphics, which were mostly down to an old engine, aging hardware,Best console game of a generation? Debatable. Best console action sand boxer of a generation? Probably. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, at time of writing, is very old. I played it too much upon release, and even today I still find time to boot up my PS2 between next-gen games, and play this classic. Apart from rather bad graphics, which were mostly down to an old engine, aging hardware, and disc limitations of the time, San Andreas would score high on the charts of any generic rating system. It took the already well established, if slightly repetitive formula of it's predecessor, Vice City, and expanded, refreshed, and improved every aspect. Each gameplay detail was refined, although the basic GTA formula stayed in place. This left some core elements some gamers would dislike, but the masses, the critics, and myself, couldn't get enough of the best offering the GTA series had to offer. Storyline, audio, presentation, all packaged into a game where, with a little progression, you could unlock many more locations, vehicles, weapons, and gameplay elements (Who could forget the jetpack in all it's obscure glory?) than many other games of the time, made GTA one of the best games ever developed for the PS2 system. If you've been living on Mars with your hands over your eyes and ears for the past 7 years, or by some miracle missed this title, It's worth picking up on disc for a PC, or preferably console, at bargain prices. You can also download the original Xbox version onto an Xbox 360. Each version has a few differences, but the PC version runs smoothest on most modern PC's. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2013
    There may are many things to do but nothing thinks to be finished trough. Many of the minigames are boring or/and annoying, the missions get boring and repetitive troughout the game and the story just unfolds one twist at the end. Still it is not a bad game, world is huge and the radio stations are awesome.
  76. Dec 16, 2012
    I wished the Hot Coffee mod still be in the game. Sex sells. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the my favorite games before Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. But I wished Samuel L. Jackson (a.k.a CJ) could've kill every cop and says "F**k the Police!" Even if activist Jack Thompson was in a GTA video game, he wouldn't mind playing it with his kids. It's like having your own personalI wished the Hot Coffee mod still be in the game. Sex sells. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the my favorite games before Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. But I wished Samuel L. Jackson (a.k.a CJ) could've kill every cop and says "F**k the Police!" Even if activist Jack Thompson was in a GTA video game, he wouldn't mind playing it with his kids. It's like having your own personal playground having fun go to the TV, put on the PS2 system, and can't go to sleep because you're watching porn movies than playing San Andreas. Controversial or not, I'm still hooked on Grand Theft Auto. I'm thinking a remake? Expand
  77. Sep 22, 2011
    There is not much to tell about this great game, just came out in a time that videogames were too stuck, and San Andreas gave a cyber freedom to all ! Even more than GTA 3
  78. Sep 17, 2011
    I have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert likeI have played all the GTA games all the way from GTA III and in my honest opinion out of all GTA games San Andreas is the most largest, most involving and deepest GTA game ever. The game's map is just ginormous consisting of three cities Los Santos (based on LA), San Fierro (based on San Francisco) and Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas). The large map also has forest and desert like environments it is amazing how this game captured the feel of three different cities and its citizens but also shows the way the cowboys and villiagers live their loves in the forest and the desert. GTA San Andreas has just a great story which could be confusing early on however the player will understand more and more things as he progresses the game's story is very deep, enthralling and personal also more involving and darker than its predecessors. I also like the main character of this game Carl Johnson he has a very funny. charming and likeable personality a type of person who can be sarcastic and funny along with being a total bada** and serious at the same time. The game also includes some rpg stats unlike 3 and Vice City which include Respect, Fat, Muscle that can change the way CJ looks. The player can also buy different kinds of clothes , different haircuts and tattoos to make the CJ look exactly like he wants, the player can also customize and mod different Vehicles the customization options in this game are just really well done, Sex Appeal, Driving and Gun Skills/Stats have also been implemented in the game the more player drives and the more he uses guns his skills improve and the better the player gets at them for example the player will be able to drive cars easily when his skills improve, and being able to use two SMGS at the same time and move while shooting as the player gets good with guns. The game has so much side stuff that it is impossible for me to cover in all of them in this review but the ones on the top of my head are: car, bike and plane races, car, bike, boat and plane schools, GYMs, girlfriends, gang Wars, Casinos, Quarry missions, some Asset missions as well as Police, Taxi and Ambulance missions thats not even all. The amount of side stuff put the side things in GTA 4 to shame. GTA San Andreas also has great music and songs which are all a great kickback to the 1990s and all the types of music are there Rock Music, Country Music, Rap Music and even talk shows infact the player can just enjoy and have fun in the game driving around in cars and bikes while listening to these Radio Stations alone thats how awesome the Radio Stations are in this game. The voice acting is just perfect there is no other word I can use to describe it, it seems like all the people who are doing the voice acting are deep into their characters. The game's graphics are good considering its ps2, the game is so huge and it came out in 2004 so its graphics are understandable, the environments looks just beautiful, character models are more detailed than previous GTAs but the characters stiff finger attached hands can look really weird at times. There is a multiplayer mode in this game unlike previous GTAs while it is not amazing or anything the player can still have alot of fun with his friends while free roaming with them or doing co-op rampage missions it is not perfect but it is better to have a multiplayer mode which is fun but not perfect than have no multiplayer at all. The game's story is around 25-30 hours long however in trying to do all the sidestuff in this and unlocking all things, getting 100% completion the player can spend hours and hours in this game and completely get lost in it amazing world and atmosphere. GTA San Andreas is a classic and a masterpiece of a game and in my honest opinion the best game in the GTA series and one of best sandbox games of all time. 10/10. Expand
  79. May 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, theI am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, the cameos of the characters from the other games are dissapointing, indeed the whole game is a dissapointment, the only good thing that has the game are the gang wars, but repetitive, this is the worst game of the franchise, this game makes Chinatown Wars as a materpiece. Expand
  80. Oct 13, 2011
    i think it is a pretty good game. I like the big enviroments but it is just not my cup of tea. I still play this time to time but im not very crazy about this game.
  81. Nov 19, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a great game, a game most definately worth playing for it is just that great. San Andreas is perhaps the second best game in the GTA series, second only to GTA IV. The plot is very well told and interesting and the freedom that you have in San Andreas is flat out amazing. The graphics are a little messy and not really all that great but that is nothingGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a great game, a game most definately worth playing for it is just that great. San Andreas is perhaps the second best game in the GTA series, second only to GTA IV. The plot is very well told and interesting and the freedom that you have in San Andreas is flat out amazing. The graphics are a little messy and not really all that great but that is nothing compared to the rest of the package. The controls are really good but the foot controls are kind of wierd, the gunplay is a little lose and it sucks that there is no cover system but this is all very minor compared to the rest of the game. The characters in San Andreas are all really robust and alive, each with their own qualities that makes them so special and the voice acting and sounds are top of the line well the guns sound more like paintball guns so that is dumb but again just a tiny insignificant error. Overall, San Andreas is a great game that does not dissapoint at all, it is a great GTA game worth your time and it is probably the best game on the PS2. Breakdown for "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas": Presentation: 9.5, Graphics: 8.5, Sounds: 9.7, Playability: 9.8, Lasting Appeal: 9.8. Verdict: 9.6 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  82. Mar 10, 2012
    A Really Great Game Who Anyone Whos Enjoys Killing, Violence, Blood, Drugs, Guns, This Will Definitive Work For Them. I Think This Game Is Absolutely Fantastic.
  83. Nov 9, 2012
    The best GTA game yet to be made. One of the best games ever made. The gameplay is polished to the point that its a huge step up from Vice City. You must play it!!!
  84. May 12, 2012
    I suggest getting GTA:SA on PC, because you can play massively multiplayer online!!!
    I remember those old PS2 days, it really brings back my memories! The gameplay and story is more than just awesome, it will also blows your mind that how awesome this game is!!! If you haven't played GTA:SA, try it! Youâ
  85. Sep 5, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto games have always been held in high regard by the majority of gamers. Most of humanity is easily accused of mob mentality when it comes to these games, and especially when it comes to GTA: San Andreas. This game is absolutely astonishing, from great voice acting to the multitude of mechanics. I only have two criticisms: the textures which... aren't brilliant, and the factGrand Theft Auto games have always been held in high regard by the majority of gamers. Most of humanity is easily accused of mob mentality when it comes to these games, and especially when it comes to GTA: San Andreas. This game is absolutely astonishing, from great voice acting to the multitude of mechanics. I only have two criticisms: the textures which... aren't brilliant, and the fact that you can't go into free aim on this version without finger gymnastics. Expand
  86. Aug 29, 2012
    God, what a great game! One of the games with the most replay value I've ever played. Just driving around San Andreas on a stolen car feels better than most racing games. The graphics were great for its time. The game starts slow, but when it picks up, you go through the craziest and greatest missions ever, one of which involves jumping from a moving plane to another and getting insideGod, what a great game! One of the games with the most replay value I've ever played. Just driving around San Andreas on a stolen car feels better than most racing games. The graphics were great for its time. The game starts slow, but when it picks up, you go through the craziest and greatest missions ever, one of which involves jumping from a moving plane to another and getting inside it to kill some people. The shooting mechanics borrow from the Z-targeting introduced in Ocarina of Time, so you know they're great. Overall, great game. Worth every penny and even more. Expand
  87. Apr 4, 2012
    A perfect game? I'd say so. A great world with a lot of variety, a good story, good characters and an *amazing* soundtrack.

Fun easter eggs, typical GTA-humour, fairly deep character customization, the many vehicles and weapons, and the many activities will keep you coming back for more.
  88. Jun 6, 2012
    When i played a while ago, im not stopping. A great GTA game with top-tier graphics and a great gameplay system, this is a must buy for all fans......
  89. May 26, 2012
    As a fan of the grand theft auto series since the first and original gta game was released back in 1997, this is by far, and even by todays standard, the most ambitious game I ever have played. I would give this game a higher score than GTA IV. Replay value is extremely high and the games strong sides definitely makes its shortcomings stand in a dark corner, forgotten.
  90. Jul 16, 2012
    For me this is by far the best GTA game (yes, better than GTA IV) because there is so much to do. First off, you start in the city Los Santos, based on LA, then You move to San Fierro, based on San Fransisco, then You end up in Las Venturas, based on Vegas. Each of these cities are very discinct form each other and all have interesting things to do. Moving on, the music is VERY top notchFor me this is by far the best GTA game (yes, better than GTA IV) because there is so much to do. First off, you start in the city Los Santos, based on LA, then You move to San Fierro, based on San Fransisco, then You end up in Las Venturas, based on Vegas. Each of these cities are very discinct form each other and all have interesting things to do. Moving on, the music is VERY top notch in this game. You get things from Eazy E to Soundgarden. The voice acting is superb too. I won't get into story though, due to spoilers. Overall, this is the best in the series and a MUST for anyone who actually still owns a PS2! Expand
  91. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best of the series 4 me with awesome story line great game play and RPG elements mixing it up, Jet packs and bicycles, horse racing and girlfriends, **** and Drugs, strippers and Gambling Yep this games a must. Love gangster territory take overs and the Leveling up system for weapons and your guy.

Great Game play,
    Awesome RPG elements ,
    Hilarious story line ,
    Beautiful Open world.
  92. Jan 2, 2013
    GTA SAN ANDREAS is my fave GTA game in the series and i'll tell you why. San Andreas takes GTA to a whole new level you can play basketball, go the gym, get new clothes, skydive, go into the mountains and it really steps it up in every way possible the graphics seem better than Vice City but the whole gameplay and activitys and the map is larger, almost everything is great. The badGTA SAN ANDREAS is my fave GTA game in the series and i'll tell you why. San Andreas takes GTA to a whole new level you can play basketball, go the gym, get new clothes, skydive, go into the mountains and it really steps it up in every way possible the graphics seem better than Vice City but the whole gameplay and activitys and the map is larger, almost everything is great. The bad things are the missions they are really screwed up! like there is this one mission where you shoot down these mini airplanes with a minigun, or something like that. GTA SAN ANDREAS IS A MASTERPIECE!!! Expand
  93. Aug 2, 2012
    Good game, it does get challenging if you don't use cheats. Awesome soundtrack on Playback FM and Radio Los Santos, I hate other stations. Gguns too. But I had to take off 2 points due to the gameplay getting unrealistic sometimes like killing another gang 55 on 1-5 or something like that.
  94. Aug 8, 2012
    I absolutely LOVED this game, it was my favorite game around this time, I couldn't get enough of it, the story was great and some of the character interaction was hilarious, not to mention the crazy action you can get yourself into, the controls were easy and the tutorials helped very much with being able to play the game well, and your way, it included mini-games that were also very fun,I absolutely LOVED this game, it was my favorite game around this time, I couldn't get enough of it, the story was great and some of the character interaction was hilarious, not to mention the crazy action you can get yourself into, the controls were easy and the tutorials helped very much with being able to play the game well, and your way, it included mini-games that were also very fun, plus, its fun to mess about with tons of cheats. Expand
  95. Aug 14, 2012
    A huge success, and a flawless sandbox game. It impressed me of It's outstanding story, addictive gameplay and kick-ass characters. San Andreas It's a special game, that I will remind it for years. 97 out of 100
  96. Sep 5, 2012
    All around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I doAll around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I do recommend though that you experience the Grand Theft Auto series on your PC if possible, but you do need a kick ass machine. I currently use a GeForce 670 SLI and no joke I still get minor frame rate issues with GTA 4. Expand
  97. Jan 1, 2014
    To this day GTA San Andreas is one of the best videogames ever made. It's extremely memorable, endlessly enjoyable and has the best radio in GTA ever!. You definitely have to play this before you die.
  98. Dec 1, 2012
    Very funny game.
    Cool story, gameplay and longevity. Not so good graphics, but it's a very, very big game. There are billions of mods of it, and it is extremely fun.
  99. Dec 12, 2012
    San Andreas has been my greatest game of all time. I got it when it came out on the PS2 and since then I have bought a copy for PC and Xbox. Sure the 2 player on the PS2 is rubbish because you have a certain range for both people to be in. But it does have a good story line with interesting missions like one day I just couldn't stop playing. But it all pays off once you finish theSan Andreas has been my greatest game of all time. I got it when it came out on the PS2 and since then I have bought a copy for PC and Xbox. Sure the 2 player on the PS2 is rubbish because you have a certain range for both people to be in. But it does have a good story line with interesting missions like one day I just couldn't stop playing. But it all pays off once you finish the story so then you can play around with evrything. Expand
  100. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is the best PS2 game ever. Cut-scenes are really good and the graphics are absolutely beautiful. All the other PS2 games look like old and classic, though it still not as good as Liberty City on the PSP it has to be the best PS2 game of all time.
  101. Nov 21, 2012
    San Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a differenceSan Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a difference between outright Saints Row-esque stupidity and crazy fun which has its limits. Collapse

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.