9.0

1. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  2. AndyW.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Best game eva made u can do woteva u like and shud last ages.
  3. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  4. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  5. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  6. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  7. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  8. JasonK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I would've gave this game a 10, except for one for one reason. WHY IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SWITCH THE CONTROLS TO THE DIRECTIONAL PAD?!?!? I absolutely cannot stand driving the cars with the analog stick. Other than that, this game kicks serious monkey ass!
  9. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  10. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  11. StephenM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    IT it brill, im glued to my ps2 nearly all day, the only time i cum off is for the toliet, food and for the p.c, o yer, also for school.
  12. 64J.
    It kicks ass.
  13. KyleK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in its genre. Wicked game. Expand
  14. DeonF.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game kicks ass. It's the best action adventure game ever. i made sure i picked it up on the first day for my collection.
  15. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  16. Marc-AndréK.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , but they re-touched the cars, the peoples, and some other things. And finally the greatest thing of GTA san andreas, is that they add/fix A LOT of thing compare to vice city . Expand
  17. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand
  18. Solo
    Nov 1, 2004
    Everyone that has rated this game 5 or lower hasn't played this game. This game is one of the best games I have ever played, but there is always those hatin a** nerds that try to find things wrong with a game. Attention all nerds this game is just to cool for you and your pocket protectors.
  19. JoshD.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The sheer quality of the gameplay and graphics make Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the best PS2 game of the year! 10 out of 10. The amount of detail the game goes into is amazing! I definately recommend this game to everyone!
  20. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  21. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  22. SidE.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best game there is out! i cant wait to see what rockstar can conjure up next. Right when you think it can get any better they suprise us again. congratulations its another victory for rockstar!!!!
  23. MarkM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually have to earn your skills ... there are a TON of odd jobs and mini games ... and the city is so huge as to be ridiculous. Those that think it's the same old, same old, have to be clueless -- it's not anywhere close to GTA3 or VC in terms of gameplay. All in all, perhaps the defining moment of the PS2, just as Halo2 will be for the Xbox. Expand
  24. JasonM.
    IT ROCKS.
  25. JoeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I do not own this game yet but I have played it at my friends house and it is the best game ever blows driv3r out of the water and way outstrips vice city.
  26. SimonP.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too ambitious for the machine it's running on. The graphics and framerate are very weak in places and although that doesn't not spoil the game, I can't help imagining this concept realised on a machine capable of doing the vision of the developers justice - (hopefully the next generation of PS and Xbox). Still a superb and involving game though. Expand
  27. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  28. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  29. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  30. MarkC.
    Oct 31, 2004
    So much do I wish I didn't have to work.
  31. Carl
    Oct 30, 2004
    GTA San Andreas is the best GTA I've ever played and i played all GTAs except GTA london and the new feature like fat stamina and muscle are very cool and finally u can SWIM this is the coolest new feature in GTA San Andreas i think.
  32. Carl
  33. Salmon
    Oct 30, 2004
    Hey, it´s GTA...let´s add 1-2 scoring points if you´re a respected reviewer. It isn´t without flaws people. The control of the main character while running around is still kinda stiff and sloppy. The framerate isn´t really that good. Really weak texturing around the cities. The small map (in the left corner) is still getting people dizzy. Pretty low Hey, it´s GTA...let´s add 1-2 scoring points if you´re a respected reviewer. It isn´t without flaws people. The control of the main character while running around is still kinda stiff and sloppy. The framerate isn´t really that good. Really weak texturing around the cities. The small map (in the left corner) is still getting people dizzy. Pretty low resolution. The Sims-related stuff in the game isn´t that great at all. Well, the rest is just great with this game, but everyone goes crazy like "it´s the best game on the PS2!!11!"...well hello, it´s time to wake up and see the Vice City-upgrade for what it is. Therefore...my score stops at...8. Expand
  34. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  35. BIGSmoke
    Oct 30, 2004
    Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own Best game i have ever played in my life. it is totally different from GTA3 ans vice city. the missions are way more fun and the country and all the tractors and stuff are really fun. there is so much to do. Plus this time you can acually swim!! This game will be the best game ever!! who cares about halo2. can u do a drive by in halo 2 how about ride dirtbike and atvs or have your own girlfriend or start a gang war. when i played this game my jaw hit the ground and just stared there for a long time.Ps. how could u rate this game a seven?? you must either suck at playing and can't beat the missions or you have x box and are just jealous you cant play GTA SAN ANDREAS!!!!!! Expand
  36. GraemeL.
    Oct 30, 2004
    This game is the best. it has every game in 1 nearly and it is the best game out.
  37. DjA.
    Oct 30, 2004
    What with people who don't like this game I oculdn't ask for anything more. At first I was disappoited until got farther in the game then I realized all the sh.t this game has...it's awesome.
  38. KhanhN.
    This game is TIGHT!
  39. AdamW.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Let's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rentLet's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rent this game is dead wrong. While you could possibly complete the core story in that time, there is so much else to do in this game that you would be doing yourself a disservice. Expand
  40. JustinS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    I played this game at a friends house and it was awsome. I am going to buy it as soon as i can get the money for it, it is well worth the $50.00 it cost.
  41. JohnS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the shizzzznittt hecks yea the rocks my socks.
  42. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  43. AndrewT.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best thing that RockStar North has ever created. I play this game day and night and now i think i turned into those people with no life.
  44. ASIS
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazingThis is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazing compared to the past 2 gta incarnations on the ps2. storyline wise, just as good as i expected it if not better. as for xbox owners, simple, dont like it, then dont play it. Expand
  45. WayneH.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best car and action game ever.Truly amazing. Anyone who hasnt got it GET IT!
  46. Osi
    Oct 29, 2004
    Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the Shame on you all damn haters just because Halo did not get a 9.9 or future halo might not get 9.9!. and the fact that the game system is changing in today's life does not means that they are going to make another GTA III, they have to move on or else this series is going to get boring! plus this game might be the best game out YET! so it deserves at least a 9 because of all the effort and all the new stuff no other game has =] Expand
  47. UmarM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Holy holy damn this game is sooooooooo wicked.
  48. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  49. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  50. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  51. LordVader
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome game, this is easily the best of the GTA games, excellent graphic and fantastic playability but what's with trashing the Xbox? The game is coming to that console as well so what's the big deal? I think some people need to grow up abit.
  52. RicardoA.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  53. Blaze
    Oct 28, 2004
    man what the hell are all you nuts out there who gave this game under a 9 talking about...this game is so damn hard and tops gta:3 and vice city, now im a fan of the gta series and i have to say without a doubt this i by far the best gta game ever i am a madden guy and i have to speak when i say gta trounces madden sorry madden maybe next year def. a $49.99 worthy game...ups to rockstar fa sho.
  54. Sadie
    Oct 27, 2004
    I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait and the money! Expand
  55. AtariJaguarFetish
    Oct 27, 2004
    The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, which still to this day has the best water effects ever. When it rains in the game, it almost looks as good as the rain in Saturn games, which did rain better than even Intellivision. Not even the PS2, Dreamcast nor XBOX can touch the graphics, control and gameplay here. Yes, I would have to say this is the best Atari Jaguar game I've ever played, maybe all month. Expand
  56. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  57. dudeerr
    Oct 27, 2004
    whats up with these bitches who don't like the game it is fucken awsome. so much new shit so fun I am only on like the tenth mission and I am loving every bit of it. dumfucks like chimp and john h can go fuck themselves this game is badass
  58. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  59. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  60. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  61. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  62. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  63. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  64. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  65. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  66. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  67. DannyC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The only bad thing I can say so far is that I will have to buy it again next year when it comes out on the Xbox. This is only my 2nd game for the PS2, and the graphics are killin my eyes! Definitley a big step up from Vice City!
  68. Elliott
    Oct 27, 2004
    Plenty of new stuff, it's actually overwhelming how great this game is.
  69. BoomerSooner
    Oct 27, 2004
    Anyone that gives this a low score doesn't know what they're talking about. It's better than a 98...X-Box fans can go play Halo, their only game, and be jealous of this incredible game.
  70. EasyE
    THIS GAME IS DA SH.T!
  71. QJFRESH
    Oct 27, 2004
    I Bought it yesterday the best game I ever played if you dont have it you need to get it.
  72. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  73. IvaP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    My closest friend lost his marriage because of the GTA series, but he wouldn't have it anyway. He won't be remarrying for the next 2 years after the release of San Andreas. I've played it too... great graphics and that non-linear gameplay that makes you never want to touch a linear game again. Better than sex! Not that i've had it before. :)
  74. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  75. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!
  76. JamesP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The Return of the King!!! without a doubt the best game alongside the long awaited Half Life 2. What's with the people who keep giving 1 for every superb title? Sort your lives out idiots.
  77. Bill
    Oct 26, 2004
    All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your All the people who are saying this game is just a rehash of the previous ones are obviously uninformed. The game has gained a massive list of additions ranging from RPG like character development to social interactions to squad leadership. The game is 5 times the size of VC with well over 5 times as much to do, no loading times in the entire outdoor area, and the ability to customize your character 's outfits, abilities, appearance, and social behavior to your hearts content. Those of you who think IGN is biased, Gamespot gave it a 9.6. Is this a massive industry wide conspiracy? I think not. Get a life. Expand
  78. Kevin
    Oct 26, 2004
    Excellent! The best game in the series and the main character is finally cool unlike Tommy.
  79. AndreB.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Great Game! The Best ever made. I didn't think they could've pulled it off, but dammit, I was dead wrong. If u own a PS2 and dont have this in a library, U need a reality check.
  80. Brandon
    Oct 26, 2004
    Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose Many complained that Vice City was just GTA 3 in a different city. San Andreas expands greatly on the previous games by adding attributes (like lung capacity, driving skill, respect, etc.) that you have to build up. The ability to swim is a great addition that was desparately needed in the earlier games. The graphics are also greatly improved. They still aren't good but I suppose that is the trade off for having one of (if not THE) largest seemless world available in a video game. Expand
  81. NateW.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I'm curious as to who Jim D. is referring to when he complains this game only appeals to one "specific group"... I wonder if I fall into that group, because I think it is incredible what they accomplished with this game. The level of both technical and production polish on this game in unprecedented.
  82. BertH.
    Oct 26, 2004
    No arguments needed....... The Game speaks well for itself. Can't imagine what games will be like in 20 or even 10 years from now.
  83. DonkeyKongX
    Oct 26, 2004
    I HIGHLY DOUBT GTA SAN ANDREAS IS BETTER THAN HALF LIFE 2, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GTA VC got boring after like 2 months, Because it was just the same as GTA III, and GTA SA WILL BE BETTER ON PC, AND HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AND FAR CRY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GTA!
  84. JoeA.
    Oct 26, 2004
    The very best of gaming large and great real life characters a great guest appearances.
  85. BobP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your character is also extremely well done. The control of vehicles and aiming is about at vice city level to start with, then as you gain stats, it gets better (though I haven't gotten to the point of aircraft yet). The mini-games are all well thought out and implemented. To say its just a rehash just shows you havent really played it or its predecessor. Expand
  86. MikeL.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox I think it's laughable how these Xbox fanboys decide to write negative reviews for GTA:SA and think their motivation appears anything but transparent. It's obvious they're bitter that a game that is available for only the Playstation 2 can challenge the greatness of Halo 1 and 2 ( the blasphemy!!). Also, it's pathetic how you could polarize yourself as either an Xbox fan or PS2 fan much like Republicans and Democrats are doing these days. What's wrong with liking both for god's sake? It's obvious that the GTA franchise and Halo franchise are among the creme de la creme of the gaming world, but unlike you fanboys i'll be enjoying both this holiday season (sorry for the preachiness, just had to get that off my chest). Expand
  87. DaDefJam
    Oct 26, 2004
    It's a timeless classic, even better than Vice City.
  88. BradB.
    Oct 25, 2004
    Just picked this game up tonight and it is outstanding!! Great graphics, excellent west coast music and the story seems great so far.
  89. GotIt
    Oct 25, 2004
    Hey, I just decided to rub it in. It's 6:00 on the 25th and I GOT SAN ANDREAS. My EB games started releasing it early. In your face you PRE_ORDERERS. HAHA
  90. AdamW.
    Oct 25, 2004
    It's the bomb digity fresh.
  91. MohamedA.
    Oct 25, 2004
    I ABSOFKNLOUTLEY love it.
  92. JonW.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is fantastic. The graphics and animations are inproved on the previous installments and the story is even more compelling. The game gives you incredible freedom, being able to play videogames in the local pub, play basketball in the street, do stunts on a bmx, go to the gym and no loading screens all add to the experience. I loved vice city and this wipes the floor with it. 10/10
  93. JoelS.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Its gonna be awesome! I took days off work just to play it!
    Oct 24, 2004
    This will be the best gta yet! You can learn Kung Fu abd it has a new targeting system you can shoot head shots! All you people that hate this masterpiece are stupid.
  95. JamesS.
    Oct 14, 2004
    It's TIGHT!
  99. KarlK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    It looks awesome although this is coming froma diehard rockstar fan but still the fact that you can swim opens up so many new possibilities and being able to change the look of your person makes it awesome too.
  100. Bobness
    Oct 12, 2004
    B-E-A-UTIFUL!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.