9.0

1. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  2. LordVader
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome game, this is easily the best of the GTA games, excellent graphic and fantastic playability but what's with trashing the Xbox? The game is coming to that console as well so what's the big deal? I think some people need to grow up abit.
  3. RicardoA.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  4. Blaze
    Oct 28, 2004
    man what the hell are all you nuts out there who gave this game under a 9 talking about...this game is so damn hard and tops gta:3 and vice city, now im a fan of the gta series and i have to say without a doubt this i by far the best gta game ever i am a madden guy and i have to speak when i say gta trounces madden sorry madden maybe next year def. a $49.99 worthy game...ups to rockstar fa sho.
  5. Sadie
    Oct 27, 2004
    I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait I waited and waited and waited for this game to come out. I wibbled in my chair as the countdown to the release drew near... I rushed out to Future Shop THE day it came out... yes, in the morning as soon as the doors opened... I paid $68 (CDN) for it and ran, bouncing, out the doors. I got home, and I played. This game was everything I had expected and oh so much more. Very worth the wait and the money! Expand
  6. AtariJaguarFetish
    Oct 27, 2004
    The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, which still to this day has the best water effects ever. When it rains in the game, it almost looks as good as the rain in Saturn games, which did rain better than even Intellivision. Not even the PS2, Dreamcast nor XBOX can touch the graphics, control and gameplay here. Yes, I would have to say this is the best Atari Jaguar game I've ever played, maybe all month. Expand
  7. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  8. dudeerr
    Oct 27, 2004
    whats up with these bitches who don't like the game it is fucken awsome. so much new shit so fun I am only on like the tenth mission and I am loving every bit of it. dumfucks like chimp and john h can go fuck themselves this game is badass
  9. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  10. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  11. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  12. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  13. RobS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    WOW! THE BEST GAME EVER!! Over-rated my ****! its truly brilliant and a bargain i wudnt sell it for $100
  14. Steve
    Oct 27, 2004
    Slower firing rate for all the guns, I really hate the new camera (that R thumbstick junk), the tank is now destructable and is impossible to aim, and the sunset look gets annoying.
  15. TommyV.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Not bad, not great. I've only had it for one day. This game is perfect for white kids who have low self esteem and feel they have to lash out at the world. Maybe Rockstar should introduce a child characture. It worked for Cosby. Still, the game looks slick for a PS2 offering.
  16. JOEI.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little This game will have you putting GTA3 and Vice City up on your shelf for the next year at the least. Not only is this game tweaked waay more than the past GTA games, its a blast! You would think this type of gameplay would get old, but why would you think that? Do you get sick of mario? I didnt think so. He's been around for 20+ years. My only complaint is the graphics are a little stale although they are somewhat improved. Im forgiving this problem though due to the fact Rockstar had to cram so so much into this game. I wonder if they ever thought of using two discs? They could improve the graphcis with out a doubt then. Expand
  17. JohnCross
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I played in a long time.
  18. D.R.Grieves
    Oct 27, 2004
    The BEST game ever. END OF DISCUSSION!!
  19. AB
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is freakin' amazing. They improved on every aspect of Vice City (which was already a great game to begin with). Every PS2 owner should buy this game. Now. And as for Jigganis Zig: since you're only 12 you should wait for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes; they're going to be awesome too!
  20. DannyC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The only bad thing I can say so far is that I will have to buy it again next year when it comes out on the Xbox. This is only my 2nd game for the PS2, and the graphics are killin my eyes! Definitley a big step up from Vice City!
  21. Elliott
    Oct 27, 2004
    Plenty of new stuff, it's actually overwhelming how great this game is.
  22. BoomerSooner
    Oct 27, 2004
    Anyone that gives this a low score doesn't know what they're talking about. It's better than a 98...X-Box fans can go play Halo, their only game, and be jealous of this incredible game.
  23. EasyE
    THIS GAME IS DA SH.T!
  24. QJFRESH
    Oct 27, 2004
    I Bought it yesterday the best game I ever played if you dont have it you need to get it.
  25. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  26. HalF.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the same game over and over again for the next 10 years. It's time to move on. Expand
  27. IvaP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    My closest friend lost his marriage because of the GTA series, but he wouldn't have it anyway. He won't be remarrying for the next 2 years after the release of San Andreas. I've played it too... great graphics and that non-linear gameplay that makes you never want to touch a linear game again. Better than sex! Not that i've had it before. :)
  28. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  29. DavidT.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Just not that impressed, I like Vice Vity alot better. The game just feels to slow, or maybe it has been a while since I played GTA VC , but the new game is just missing that certain bite !!
  30. TonyM
    Oct 26, 2004
    Its amazing how annoyed X-Box owners are at the reviews this game gets. I am playing it and i am like WOW. X-Box owners see it and get all defensive and start bagging it just because they are jeleous it isnt on there console. Great game. BUY IT NOW!!!!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.