8.9

1. Nov 22, 2014
    okay... this game is so good!!! this was the first GTA Game i ever played. I never stopped loving this game i STILL love it!!! well... i can't really say anything else!!! i mean... we all know why this game is god-like and there's no point in me accentuate it any longer!!!
  2. Nov 3, 2014
    This game gets a lot of praise from people purely because of its open world. Its open world is why people like it. And now the point is...Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a bad game. It can be fun sure, but the game is designed very badly. This game is unfocused, which is a very bad thing.
    Gta has a very large story, missions built around these stories that you must do to unlock more of
    the open world...thats the game. Running around, jacking cars and shooting hookers is not the game. Sure you can do it but thats because the game is designed poorly. If this game was just story and nothing else this game would not have gotten a 95, maybe a 70 at best. If you like this game you like the open world and breaking the game with cheats. Thats another thing, if a developer puts cheats in their game pretty much confirms that they know themselves that the game isnt satisfying enough and need to add more stuff to keep you interested.
    San Andreas is very much like Gta 5 and suffers from the same problem. The story is not its strong point, its the open world and they dont work together unfortunately because the world is so unfocused and far from the missions that players just dont care for the story and end up cheating, resulting in a rebellious mood towards the game which is one of the worst things to have.
    Just Cause 2 is the perfect example of how to make Story, missions, open world and fun all work together. Gta does not do that well and the results are a messy, unfocused game with a huge open world that tricks you into thinking its a good game.
    Overall? Vice City is the best Gta to date, focused, simple and can still be fun. San Andreas and gta 5 are same. They can be fun sure but its not a good game.
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets. Expand
  4. Oct 5, 2014
    He to me is one of the best games ever made! is perfect! a huge map to explore! a great story! rather that it is a game Sensational! A large amount of weapons! * - *, Good game? no, no, no, the game is not good, it is an AMAZING game!
  5. Sep 25, 2014
    San Andreas is Grand Theft Auto at its best, the perfect combination of freedom in a huge open-world game, a story full of surprises and own characteristics, making it unique, a map perfectly portrayed and a fluid and frantic gameplay makes Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a masterpice in the open-world genre and in between all genres, 10/10 isn't to much? Well, just analyse how San Andreas is important for the gaming industry and then tell me, is 10/10 worth? I guess the answer is yes. Expand
  6. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really hand out 10s, but this game deserves it.
    3 cities, (Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Vanterusas) really they really captured the state of California. And Rockstar Games did it in 13.9 square miles. That's small, however the destiny makes it feel massive. The drawn distance did really ruin the experience though. The gang mechanics were sort of spot on (Had it's flaws) but it's a game from 2004, so I'm not complaining. The customization was taken to the next level. No GTA so far has been able to match the customization of San Andreas. From weight lifting, to abilties, to gaining weight losing weight, to learning new fighting styles, to customizing your car, different types of clothing, etc. I would say the customization was the best part of the gang. It sets in 1992 Carl Johnson coming home from Liberty City, to bury his mother and no one really wanted him to be there really captured the moment. When his brother Sweet went to jail, and he was ran out of LOs Santos he went all over the state to get him out and kill Officer 10 penny, and his friends that betrayed him. It has it's cons, but that doesn't matter the games great.
  7. Sep 12, 2014
    Easily one of the best Grand Theft Auto games ever made, there are lots of fun things to do IN THE HOLE San Andreas area and who doesn't love the main character CJ, he is a gangster. But more of a down to earth gangster, and who doesn't like flying around in a Jet pack.
  8. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game on the Playstation 2 for me, a all time classic and a very special memory of my childhood, sure the graphics look dated now and there are probably some flaws in game but at the time it was special, it was brilliant and it made the way for all the great games to follow, and one thing is for sure, the grand theft auto series wouldnt be as good as it is now without San andreas.
  9. Jul 17, 2014
    Wow just wow....this game was probably the most legendary game of all time and the cheats were insanely fun I was STILL playing gta :San Andreas when GTA IV came out you can't say you've lived until you've played this game
  10. Jul 2, 2014
    GTA: San Andreas - Well, it is a long I played this game for the first time, yea, it's already 10 years. I completed this game 3 times(that's not much, but it's enough), I play this game even now sometimes, mostly multiplayer, so you probably already guess it's not a common game for me.
    It's the best game I have ever played.

The story, the gameplay, the graphics, well I shouldn't talk
    about the graphics since it's 10 years old game, but they are definitely not boring, everything's so clear and nice. Since it's an open-world game you may travel through cities, farms, forests, deserts, and you enjoy it again and again.

You are a bad gangster and you kill another bad gangsters, just what's the whole GTA series about. You will definitely enjoy the game even now.

10/10 Best Game EVER
  11. Jun 14, 2014
    Graphics aren't the best, but SA has features that othe r GTA:s don't have, like gang territory and gang wars. But it renders graphics really slow, like when you drive very fast and when you stop, or hit something. 9/10
  12. Jun 1, 2014
    I´ve been playing this game since it came out (and this is 2014), and guess what? Still playing it. The game is a legend. Even some books (all kind of) refers to them. This game is a game, that probably started the (WHOLE) thing with being interested in making RPG Games like this. Everytime im playing this, im always think "Sigh.. Where are all the good GTA Games like this anymore?" And this game, even if it´s 10 years old, it still beats GTA V. Expand
  13. May 20, 2014
    The game's content defined glory to it's name; about a 100 mission's to beat with free roaming in a huge map with few loadings plus like 10 more mini games including a multi-player for the first time in the franchise. But the bad thing about the missions is that some of them are not memorable enough to play it again which is a downside from the negative reviews i see from the users. The coolest thing about the game it's controlling your gangs territory from other gangs until you wipe them all out I wish this was more implemented for the missions but it didn't. The graphics was close to perfect except the hand and mouth animation and the missing climbing animation but everything else is better than vice city except comedy. So I gave it a 8.8 out of 10. Expand
  14. May 16, 2014
    Didn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never could get into it.
    It's a shame the story ruined what could have been a great game.
  15. May 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, the cameos of the characters from the other games are dissapointing, indeed the whole game is a dissapointment, the only good thing that has the game are the gang wars, but repetitive, this is the worst game of the franchise, this game makes Chinatown Wars as a materpiece. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2014
    GTA:SA Is massive, there's so much content. The PS2 shouldn't have been able to run this game, Rockstar Games are wizards. The XBOX/PC version is probably better, but the PS2 being able to play this beast is more impressive.
  17. Feb 4, 2014
    Mas de 100 niveles, por lo menos unas 60 horas, una ciudad fantastica, una historia que a pesar de no ser tan grandiosa como el Vice City, se recompensa con sus personajes, la gran variedad de opciones que te da el juego, es sin duda el GTA que marco un antes y un despues.
  18. Jan 1, 2014
    To this day GTA San Andreas is one of the best videogames ever made. It's extremely memorable, endlessly enjoyable and has the best radio in GTA ever!. You definitely have to play this before you die.
  19. Dec 26, 2013
    Another fun game from Rockstar. Unlike its predecessors, GTA: SA has new features and a larger map. You can exercise and date girls. This game includes 3 different cities with different things. This game is worth buying, and it is one of the greatest games of all time.
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    Well,what can i say about this game
    ITS F***ing Amazing!!
    the plot is awesome,the gameplay is ok
    the graphics are...meh,they could be better
    but the world of san andreas was impressive in his moment
    San Andreas Rules!!
  21. Nov 10, 2013
    There may are many things to do but nothing thinks to be finished trough. Many of the minigames are boring or/and annoying, the missions get boring and repetitive troughout the game and the story just unfolds one twist at the end. Still it is not a bad game, world is huge and the radio stations are awesome.
  22. Nov 10, 2013
    Really really fun...Hours after hours playing. I especially love those mini-games. Like finish the fireman task and get immunity to fire! Awesome! Like A GOD! :p
  23. Oct 31, 2013
    this is absolutely one of the best games ever made for ps2,it is by far the biggest gta series game ever made so far and it's the biggest and better gta for ps2.
  24. Oct 5, 2013
    sniff sniff... memories...
    you can do anything. You can be a gangsta. Be a terrorist. Be a psycho. Be a thief. Be ANYTHING.
    JUST FRIGGIN LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! AND YOU CAN REALLY SWIM!!!! YAY!!!!
  25. Oct 5, 2013
    Good game. the missions can get bit repetative but other than that it is very good. there is lots to do. increase certain stats and you can fly planes.
  26. Sep 30, 2013
    Really nice open world with a lot of side missions to partake in. This game has a great sound track and very good voice acting. If you haven't played it by now, do yourself and favor and pick it up and experience this game.
  27. Sep 29, 2013
    Lo inmejorable ha sido mejorado en este increíble y un de mis juegos favoritos de todos los tiempos y de muchos también: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" es uno de los videojuegos más impresionantes de todos los tiempos, Rockstar se lució como ninguna otra compañía: gráficos mejorados e impresionantes, mejor jugabilidad, impresionante mapa (que es gigante) y puedes hacer cualquier variedad en ese estado que abarca Los Santos, San Fierro y Las Venturas. San Andreas es pura pasión y llorarás de la majestuosidad de este tan deseado videojuego. Expand
  28. Sep 5, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto games have always been held in high regard by the majority of gamers. Most of humanity is easily accused of mob mentality when it comes to these games, and especially when it comes to GTA: San Andreas. This game is absolutely astonishing, from great voice acting to the multitude of mechanics. I only have two criticisms: the textures which... aren't brilliant, and the fact that you can't go into free aim on this version without finger gymnastics. Expand
  29. Aug 10, 2013
    I'm shocked that anyone can give this game a negative score. I've been gaming since gaming began, and let me tell you, this is the best game ever created, a true masterpiece. Playing this over Christmas 2004 was my fondest ever gaming memory, it was just so so cool and a memory i will always treasure dearly. I still fire it up from time to time 9yrs on, it never gets old!
  30. Aug 1, 2013
    La mejor versión de GTA, por lejos. Emocionante, cambiante, tirante y divertida. Sobre la amistad, las traiciones, la vida del pandillero. Excelente!!
  31. Nov 21, 2012
    San Andreas is a good game, there's no doubt about it. But it was a re-used formula which was becoming outdated. All you haters can be repulsed by GTA IV's realism and actual meaning, but San Andreas' shallow Ganglang message is no comparison. Its poor physics and odd characters are so unreal that it really can take you out of the game - but Vice City was still good. There's a difference between outright Saints Row-esque stupidity and crazy fun which has its limits. Collapse

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.