8.7

1. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  3. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere. One of the best games on ps2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots moreas grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2010
    Not as good as GTA III but the whole atmosphere and feel of the era in this game is done superbly and overall this was a fun game, just not as revolutionary as it's predecessor.
  6. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything,When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    in the time this game was released he was the game of all your life,it was the third gta with better graphics and with a lot of famous people dubbing the characters.
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  10. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Massive Amount Of New Features Sets This Game Miles Apart From Grand Theft Auto III Everything From Interior Locations, The Combat, The Graphics To The Car Handling Has Been Improved Making This Into A Totally Brilliant Game. Expand
  11. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  12. Sep 30, 2015
    Do you love movies like Scarface, Carlito's Way and tv shows like Miami Vice? Then you are gonna love this game!

Grand Theft Auto Vice City is a great improvement over it's predecessor GTA III, not so much in gameplay but in more detailed graphics, more humor and a great soundtrack. Many will agree that this game has the best music (and possibly also graphics) from all GTA games on the PS2.

As others have said before me, the RC helicopter missions in this game were so very hard. I remember how frustrated I got at trying to finish those missions and I never want to try it again.

The game has other flaws: it still has the same camera angle problems as GTA III, your character still can't swim or climb, sometimes you're aiming at the wrong person while shooting, cars still burst out in flames much too easy...

GTA San Andreas (2004) improved on this game with adding the possibility for your character to swim and climb, better camera angle, a multi-player mode...

For that reason I rate Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 9 out of 10.
  13. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  14. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me withan awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  15. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  16. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the storyThis game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the story because a character looks like garbage. The game besides how it looks its really fun. The games map is really big, there are a lot of side stuff that will entertain you and will help you get everything. There will never be a moment of boredom as long as you are doing a quest. There are many things that I can say but I will let those who haven't played it have there own experience with this video game classic. Expand
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  18. Nov 1, 2015
    Simplesmente o melhor GTA já feito pra mim, junto do IV, e foi o primeiro que joguei. A história é ótima, os gráficos eram bons na época, pro tamanho do mundo e etc. Trilha sonora ÓTIMA, o local em que se passa é muito legal, a jogabilidade segue o mesmo rumo do GTA III, que já era boa. Infelizmente, não é possível nadar no game :b

História: 9/10 Gráficos: 9/10 Jogabilidade: 9/10

História: 9/10
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  19. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  20. Jan 4, 2016
    GTA: Vice City was such a vast improvement over GTA3. It captured the south FL Miami vibe very well, but with a 80's twist (and beats). It's of smaller scale than GTA: SA and even GTA3, but Vice City has it's own personality that sets it apart from the other entries. You will love the Scarface references (If you've seen the movie)!
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  22. Aug 12, 2010
    One the greatest games ever made for the PS2, and no doubt my favorite Grand Theft Auto game ever made. It is a must by for anyone who likes free-roaming type games with a good Scarface type story-line and lots of weapons and cars.
  23. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  24. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  25. Dec 16, 2010
    Compared to GTA III, Vice City SUCKS BALLS!Don't get me wrong is not very bad, but the controls is sometimes awkward, but the action blazes.............again..............Not much to say.......Not bad, but not enough......................
  26. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  27. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  28. May 14, 2016
    Продолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главойПродолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главой криминальной империи Вайс-Сити. 10/10. Классика жанра! Expand
  29. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  30. Jun 12, 2011
    Game play needed polishing. Difficulty spikes untimely in the plot. I like the setting and time period much more than III, and it was one of the funnest games around when it was first released.
  31. Jun 12, 2013

Grand Theft Auto III may

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.