8.7

1. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  2. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  3. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  6. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  7. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  8. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  9. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I'vei had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Expand
  10. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  11. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  12. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  13. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  14. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  15. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  16. Jun 10, 2014
    OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!! OH MY GOD 10/10!!!!!
  17. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Massive Amount Of New Features Sets This Game Miles Apart From Grand Theft Auto III Everything From Interior Locations, The Combat, The Graphics To The Car Handling Has Been Improved Making This Into A Totally Brilliant Game. Expand
  18. Aug 17, 2015
    One of the greatest games of all time, great plot, great characters, great acting, great gameplay, all around greatness. Must have game for anybody, not just Grand Theft Auto fans.
  19. Feb 12, 2016
    this game is absolutely brilliant because the characters like lance will be Tommy friend at the start helping him out with fighting out crime and drug deals. the last mission is where lance betrays Tommy in the last mission because his boss asks him for money at the start he was sending the drug package to someone overall i recommend you get this game it awesome.
  20. Mar 6, 2017
    Vice City follows GTA 3 and adds some nice new features to the series. The ability to purchase property and the inclusion of motorbikes were a much welcome addition to the series. Another home run from Rockstar.
  21. May 14, 2016
    Продолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главойПродолжение великой франшизы GTA! Теперь новая часть GTA перенесёт нас в яркий прототип Майами 80-х годов, где царит рок, неоновые огни, быстрые тачки, дорогие костюмы и девочки в бикини. Отличная графика для PS2, удобное управление, красивая солнечная картинка, неплохой сюжет. Также, запомнился элегантный главный герой - Томми Версетти, который был обычным головорезом и стал главой криминальной империи Вайс-Сити. 10/10. Классика жанра! Expand
  22. Dec 12, 2016
    This game is much better than GTA III by like a million miles. Game play and story line is top notch and mechanics is just as good. I really have nothing else to say about this game except it is a masterpiece. 10/10.
  23. Jan 26, 2017
    It does not have too many problems to play it,and it is just like watching a movie!And a great 80s crime film. so go buy this game before you regret.Also,it is a Best Plot in the gaming history ever.
  24. Mar 24, 2017
    If GTA 3 revolutionized the idea what an open world story based game could be..... GTA Vice City showed us what a open world story based game should be. I can sum this game up by saying it felt like I was playing through a well voice acted, slightly over the top, extremely entertaining 1980's mafia movie and that's because I kind of was.

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from

GTA Vice City is really all about the story from start to finish. The in game mechanics are really just tools you use to work your way to next chapter of the story and even those do not disappoint. Drive, shooting and moving are all functional even by today's standards and certainly do not take away from the enjoyment of the ride the story puts you on. There are so many different types of weapons and vehicles to choose from and the adjustable radio has so many great songs and funny talk shows to choose from. There is so much depth to the characters and their stories which is supported by great voice acting that rivals or exceeds a lot of the garbage we see in today's games. You find yourself getting attached to a lot of these characters due to some great character development and want to learn more and more about them. There is no shortage side missions and mini missions to keep you entertained between story missions if you want to do them and I really loved the business portfolio system that gave you even more missions to perform and allows you to generate an income. It genuinely feels like a mob game should in the GTA context. The story to me is what puts this game over the top. From beginning to end you just want to see what is going to happen next and I was never disappointed at any point.

I have played and beaten this game more times then any other since I started playing games when I was a kid. So far in my video game playing experience (20 years) GTA Vice City is by far my favorite game of all time and is currently the only game I have ever given a perfect score for. GTA Vice City has been replicated by many but will never be bested. One of a kind. 10/10 Exceptional
  25. ysi
    Mar 29, 2017
    Perfect score 10. This is the game that started my addiction for GTA franchise. It was love at first sight in GTA 3, but it's true love in GTA Vice City. It's got it all. The 80s atmosphere, the music, the gangs, memorable characters, and cool references and satirical. A classic indeed!
  26. Apr 14, 2017
    This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

This is my favorite GTA out of all of the series.

The ultimate time capsule of the 1980s. This is one of the greatest video games ever made. Sex, drugs and violence perfectly captured. The soundtrack IS the greatest licensed soundtrack in video game history. The graphics are perfect and look much smoother and nicer than GTA 3. The gameplay is fantastic and has much more interactability than GTA 3 until San Andreas came out. A lot of tributes to eighties films and tv shows like Scarface, Carlito's Way, Reservoir Dogs and Miami Vice. Fantastic voice acting from some of my favourite actors like Ray Liotta, Robert Davi, Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper. You can spend hours on finding collectibles, doing mini games, side missions and property takeover missions. The story is superb. It's a tribute to Scarface done to perfection

You can tell that Rockstar put months of effort into creating a beloved masterpiece.
    Overall I give this game a perfect 10. People must play Vice City
  27. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is the best game ever made. Even better then GTA3. Not only is does this game have over 60 hours of game play while trying to beat the game it also has 50 hour of just messing with the game. Lastly There are major improvements from GTA3 including interiors. Man this game is good.
  28. GregT.
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking foward to GTA-LA, or GTA-Hawii Expand
  29. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Motorcycles and lots more sports car is cool, but the story is not as good as gtaIII. Like them both the same.
  30. DamianM.
    Jan 15, 2003
    The game was really good 10 times better than GTA 3. You can bail out now, and you can buy more hide-outs, it has motorcycles. But There is one BIG PROBLEM YOU CANT SWIM IN THIS GAME.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.