8.7

1. Jul 23, 2011
    GH 1 proved that the Music genre had a niche and that it could expand in the horizon of games. GH2 was even better than the predecessor and made what it made it good, into a juggernaut in the last couple years. The musics start getting nicer and more taste for more varied ways. Guitar Hero 2 is addicting and fun, but also the best in the GH big list.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Guitar Hero II is bounds better than Guitar Hero. Though the addition of encores is a superfluous addition that only wastes time in the long run, a larger set list, an improved practice mode, two-player simultaneous modes, a vastly improved hammer on system, and superior charting leave little to argue against the upgrade for fans of the original excepting preference of songs. Today, this game is outmoded by other rhythm games except for the guitarist who wishes to test his mettle against Jordan. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    This game is amazingly addictive. My ps3 fried and i got a ps2 and played this game. This game is almost ps3 worthy...i hope they remake it in ps4. the notes are a little off and the song selection (being almost all of them are covers) is a little off...then again my music liking may be a little different then Red Octane. The graphics are 8/10 for a ps2...the cartoon artwork was a very good move they didn't really keep in GH 3 :( Expand

1. Exceeds the previous title in every way..."Guitar Hero" was a staple of the parties I throw at my house, but it looks like Guitar Hero II has stolen the crown!
  2. The original's head to head multiplayer wasn't vital enough to make the expense worthwhile, but this time the co-op play is so integral to the game's appeal that most will find it irresistible...This is an absolutely stellar release, with too much variety, originality, rewards, and pure fun to even think about missing out on.
  3. You can play any given song at any of four speeds (Normal, Slow, Slower and Slowest), and you have the ability to select what portion(s) of the song you'd like to play. That has proven ridiculously useful as I continue in my Quixotic quest to complete "Free Bird" on Expert.