8.6

1. Feb 15, 2011
    Half-Life is fantastic on PC, but on the PS2 it fails in almost every way, the crappy controls really hinder the experience, but thankfully they give you the ability to customize your own control settings which removes some of the frustration, my other complaint is how everything in the game feels slippery making the plat forming sections incredibly terrible, and the random load times you'll encounter just while walking around are extremely frustrating, while it's still the Half-Life experience the technical problems, and crappy design choices make this version terrible, I would highly recommend this on PC, but if you can get past the flaws the PS2 version should keep you entertained, but I would pass on this version. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2010
    This game is amazing still to this day on any platform you play it. I originally got it on the PS2 and I was blown away by it. No other FPS game after Goldeneye had the same effect this game had on me. If you have never played this, you must give it a shot some time if you can.
  3. Jun 28, 2012
    The best version of half-life is on the PS2 and while the game is dated compared to most other later PS2 releases I am still a massive fan and still play this classic from time to time, a very good game ported even better, pretty much true perfection.
  4. Oct 17, 2012
    My all time favourite game! Better graphics than the PC version and the co-op mode is good fun.
    Great fun FPS action and a driving story line with a science fiction feel.
  5. Mar 26, 2011
    A great game for cheap and its a classic! So many characters, weapons and places to go. The story line is awesome! I recommend this game to people who like action, horror games.

1. Damn good, and rivals just about any First Person Shooter on a console to date.
  2. Exceptionally well designed, plays on a greater scale and requires more thought than Volition’s pretty baby ["Red Faction"] and so comes highly recommended.
    A brilliant game from head to toe.