Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PlayStation 2

7.6

1. Jul 9, 2015
    Let's compare this to the PC version. It's a longer game, meaning that you'll get to experience many more moments from the movie. Overall, this is a bigger game, there are more cards to collect, more spells to obtain, more quests to accomplish, more items to obtain and help you on your journey and more interactions with the characters from the universe,

However, the areas are quite dull

However, the areas are quite dull and because of that, the game feels boring. The Hogwarts Grounds are quite big, but for the most part, they're utterly empty making traversing through them a chore. The students have only like 7 different sentences that they repeat over and over again when you go talk to them. The school itself is nothing special either with most of the classes looking the same. Gone is the exploration element of the PC version, where you could explore each area and search for hidden pathways etc., here there are always set objects that you can use spells on, e. g. you can use Flipendo on glass jars and Alohomora only on doors with yellow metal locks, so there is no point in experimenting. The Spell challenges are definitely better than in the PC version, but unfortunately require you to repeat them in order to find everything because except for the final one, in each challenge some shields are hidden in unreachable areas that only become reachable by gaining more spells.

Compared to the PC version:

+ Longer
    + More things to do
    + Better character interactions

- Prefects halting your progress at night
    - Overall boring setting - empty school, school ground and student interactions, repeated classroom structures
    - Large focus on backtracking

So, all in all, this is practically comparable to the PC version. The PC version had more exploration, but had limited areas, while this game has no exploration in large areas. Pick your poison, then.
    I still think this game is slightly better because it's longer and more events from the book are in the game. However, only the main quest is interesting, the side quests and such are boring as hell.
  2. LizzlieH.
    Dec 26, 2009
    Even though I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, it was a really great game, surprisenly! lolz! Yes, the graphics and camera angles may be.......nasty at times, but still! The quests are wonderful! Though the potion ingrediants were hard to find. oh well! But if I were to give a description of it, I would say, two thumbs way up! BUY THIS GAME!
  3. CourtneyP.
    Aug 3, 2004
    I like this game a lot but the camera is really bad.
  4. CarloV
    Feb 21, 2004
    Very good game. But bad graphics, when I first played this game I imediately loved it but when I got to hogwarts it had bad camera movement and everyone kept saying the samething, "I don't thik the fat lady's really fat, she's just big-boned". Anyway This is still a good game which is why I gave it a 9 :o)
  5. CarloV.
    Feb 8, 2004
    I love this game. But I own the Chamber of Secrets already, and I find it much better with graphics and sound. It is a weak follow up to the Chamber of secrets. Anyways they did they're best in making it just about the same so I gave it a 9. If you already have the chamber of secrets get this one.
  6. SC
    Jan 12, 2004
    I love it.
  7. AnnaD.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This game looks nice, but it's one big bug! So many bugs and wrong elements. For example: when you are flying outside the castle you can't go off your nimbus in the field, you have to go back inside. And if you got the wrong order, you can't go further! Every time we had to start over and over again. Now at last we are in conflict with dr Sneep ( in Holland he is called This game looks nice, but it's one big bug! So many bugs and wrong elements. For example: when you are flying outside the castle you can't go off your nimbus in the field, you have to go back inside. And if you got the wrong order, you can't go further! Every time we had to start over and over again. Now at last we are in conflict with dr Sneep ( in Holland he is called Sneep, i don't no what is name in englisch is). And his dogs, and we can't go further. Perhaps because we miss some elements, but we can't go back! I think the makers wannebe quickly rich! My advice: don't buy! Expand
  8. Zach
    Jan 1, 2004
    I'm a Huge Potter fan and absolutly loved this game! My friend and i have been playing it for hours straight! I would recommend it to anyone!
  9. LorrettaK.
    Dec 14, 2003
    I liked this game, I JUST bought it tonight. Yes, the camera is fidgety and a bit messed up when glitchs or corruption happens. But overall this game is great for the kids and has imaging like the second PS2 game. Unlike the PS1 game, better graphics and more places to explore. Theyve been playing it for hours, so it makes a great gift for the holidays. Buy!

#23 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Two words keep this from being a great-playing game: menial tasks. The puzzles aren't clever, they're just silly, and oftentimes confusing because of the clunky controls and the sub-par camera.
  2. A weak follow-up to Chamber of Secrets that seems like an awkward fit for anyone who already owns last year's game.
    Harmlessly addictive, if not wholly derivative. But it's great for the kids, and offers a satisfying, officially licensed Harry Potter experience.