8.7

1. YAy!BOOOO
    Sep 26, 2003
    It sucked it only gets a 3 because u could ride your horse out of ur farm other then that this was the worst HM ever!!!! 9.3 my ass outta 10!!!
  2. May 5, 2017
    This game is fairly terrible. I'm writing a Zero out of Ten review not because i think it's that bad but because I don't want Save the Homeworld to get that much sales. If you look at a lot of the high reviews they talk about the graphics, but the game only gives you a modicum of capabilities. You only play for 1 year, instead of 3 like in other games, you can't get married, there's hardlyThis game is fairly terrible. I'm writing a Zero out of Ten review not because i think it's that bad but because I don't want Save the Homeworld to get that much sales. If you look at a lot of the high reviews they talk about the graphics, but the game only gives you a modicum of capabilities. You only play for 1 year, instead of 3 like in other games, you can't get married, there's hardly any minigames and even if there were, why would it matter if you're only playing for a year...

I feel like the people who love Save the Homeland they either liked it for the graphics (I.E. review is over a decade old) or they liked it because it was their first. Overall I'd rate the game about a 6 with most Harvest Moons being a 7-9. I might even go as low as 5. But just as a game overall it's too limiting for me to recommend or care about.

I'd write a better more detailed review for this game, but it's been so many years since I've played it, and I hated the game back then that it's mostly a blur.

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#19 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Immersive and fun. It's not the type of game you play to beat as fast as you can. It's the kind of game you'll play a little bit every week, for many, many weeks to come.
    About as much fun as watching your tomatoes grow...If you’ve got an agricultural attitude, patience, and a hankering for steady and safe gameplay, you just might be a Harvest Moonie.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly