Headhunter: Redemption PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 21, 2004
6.7

1. AndyP.
    Jan 21, 2005
    I nearly fell asleep during the interminably lonnnnng intro scenes. Naff dialogue and background. Sorry, but this one is either for my kiddies to play, or else it's getting swapped for just about anything. I am not a particular fan of third person games anyway - Tomb Raider was a similar yawn for me, however, at least Lara Croft is half good-looking, unlike the greasy looky sLeaza X.
  2. K.Kultus
    May 15, 2006
    The execution of this game is so poor it almost makes me cry, because it COULD have been fantastic. This game has a fantastic premise: a Fritz Lang - like Metropolis, an interesting backstory with deep characters and conflicts in a a divided society - "above" and "below"- sadly all which is good about the game is strangled at birth. Terrible targeting system, numb AI, and the worst The execution of this game is so poor it almost makes me cry, because it COULD have been fantastic. This game has a fantastic premise: a Fritz Lang - like Metropolis, an interesting backstory with deep characters and conflicts in a a divided society - "above" and "below"- sadly all which is good about the game is strangled at birth. Terrible targeting system, numb AI, and the worst stinker of them all: puzzles from Uranus. Add to this glitches and buggy graphics (the character shadows have a life of their own) and stretch the whole thing out over 30 hours and you have the heartbreaker that is HH:R. And as a previous poster commented, the intro is horrendously long: 12 min. of cut-scenes before you get to play! Expand

1. It's cool that Sega has continued the series, but sadly, the finished product is about three years too late.
  2. PSM Magazine
    The game's kick-ass atmosphere and excellent visuals seem to have taken development time away from the play mechanics. [Nov 2004, p.88]
  3. games(TM)
    Story aside, everything that’s in the game is very competent and enjoyable but it doesn’t quite go out of its way enough to push the envelope as far as the overall experience goes, when compared to where the genre is today. [Oct 2004, p.116]