• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Also On: PC
8.4

1. RichH.
    May 23, 2006
    Great game. More realistic than many other arcade style flight games. Good looking graphics.
  2. SamJ.
    Oct 21, 2005
    I really liked it, the combat is full on, heaps of planes fighting at once (far more than I have seen in any other game), providing plenty of targets. It can take a little time to get used to the controls, and work out whats going on but it's worth the effort, upgrading your plane makes it a lot easier,m as does using one of the cooler planes you unlock. Most fun I have had in a I really liked it, the combat is full on, heaps of planes fighting at once (far more than I have seen in any other game), providing plenty of targets. It can take a little time to get used to the controls, and work out whats going on but it's worth the effort, upgrading your plane makes it a lot easier,m as does using one of the cooler planes you unlock. Most fun I have had in a flight game for a long time. Expand
  3. AlexM.
    Oct 25, 2005
    When is a Heroes of europe going to happen? heroes of the pacific has to be a hard game to beat.
  4. BrunoH.
    Oct 8, 2005
    I don't like flight games but this one really surprised me. Excelent combat reproduction. There's a lot of action going on-screen during every stage. The game's really hard though, as some planes can be a little pain to control (the bombers, for instance) and sometimes there are multiple enemies tailing you.
  5. mattwendel
    Feb 18, 2008
    This game is AWESOME! best WW2 dogfighting game on PS2, and a joy to play. There is a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's a joy to play. Relive the famous battles of the Pacific war in authentic, detailed craft from the Japanese A6M zero to the F6F Hellcat. It's all here, and if you want to complete your PS2 air combat library, this is a no brainer.
  6. CharlieX.
    Feb 23, 2007
    Lots of fun now, but I gave up for a year when I first bought it as I was stuck on only the third mission! I play these games all the time-what gives? I read others complaining it was impossible to advance in the game. I finally stated playing again-determined to beat the level and move on. I am glad I did as everything after that level is fun and much easier. I am writing in case someone Lots of fun now, but I gave up for a year when I first bought it as I was stuck on only the third mission! I play these games all the time-what gives? I read others complaining it was impossible to advance in the game. I finally stated playing again-determined to beat the level and move on. I am glad I did as everything after that level is fun and much easier. I am writing in case someone like me is thinking of skipping this game. It can be fun. The voice acting is good except for the star character who almost ruins the mood entirly! The full, watchable replays are great and the missions are mixed nicely. And to correct a reviewer here: there IS rudder control in professional controls mode. An eight for graphics and gameplay-a five for voice acting (on par with Ace Combat 5). Expand
  7. Feb 13, 2013
    I love this game for many reasons. It looks great, the controls are great, and the way the story line takes you through the Pacific front of WWII is amazing. Stellar game.
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    Heroes of The Pacific SENSATIONAL!! I have played over and over again But I could not move nor even, the first mission he had to perform. LOL. But I loved and still love this game! :D

1. Difficulty, repetition and an overall lack of tact keep the game from being anything more than an average flight game. It's good enough, but there are far better offerings out there.
  2. The first half the game isn’t nearly as enjoyable as the last half. If only they could have packed in more exciting moments to keep you interested in the story, maybe it would attract more people to the game.
  3. Heroes of the Pacific isn’t perfect but it’s close enough for government work and the result is the most enjoyable dogfight you’re likely to see.