Iron Man PlayStation 2

5.5

1. May 1, 2016
    It is so typical for a game tie-in to come out along with the movie. Since this is a movie-licensee game I should have known that it was built for nothing more than mediocrity. However due to the Spider man games being able to expand on the films, I was willing to give this game a chance. Unfortunately Iron Man fails to break that curse. The first level was deceptively fun when you pay asIt is so typical for a game tie-in to come out along with the movie. Since this is a movie-licensee game I should have known that it was built for nothing more than mediocrity. However due to the Spider man games being able to expand on the films, I was willing to give this game a chance. Unfortunately Iron Man fails to break that curse. The first level was deceptively fun when you pay as Tony Stark when he wears the Mark I and Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" being played. Unfortunately though it starts to go all down hill when he starts to wear the Mark II and later flies across the sky. The flight controls feel pretty slippery for lack of a better word and the weapons systems lack any kind of punch. They are good at destroying waves of enemies with less-than steller A.I. The infantry are really nothing more than cannon fodder so the majority of enemies that can harm you are tanks and other vehicles. After you deal a certain amount of damage you can defeat them with a quick time event. These events are pretty tedious to pull off though but they are necessary in order to regain health. The way the game handles health is a valid attempt to input some innovation but by using a quick time event to start up Iron Man's heart but it also tedious. The boss fights barely count as fights since all that is required is to do the dame strategy until their health bar is depleted. In fact the final fight against Iron Monger is actually easier than the fight against Witney Frost which is really just a fight against three turrets. To add insult to injury there is a segment involving the master controller who tries to mess with your mind and breaks the fourth wall in a shallow attempt to replicate the boss fight against Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid. On top of that this game is ugly with textures that are outdated even by the standards of the Wii and the PS2 and it is combined with phoned in voice acting. I would say that people should avoid it but than again it would imply that someone actually bought it in the first place. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2015
    With Iron Man being a smash hit in theaters, a video game tie-in starring the Marvel hero is only natural. Most of the time, movie tie-in games are pretty lame and generic, and made only to cash-in on the film. Iron Man is no different, as you play as 'ol shellhead and fly around and take down baddies. What really kills Iron Man is that the game is so monotonous and boring. You basicallyWith Iron Man being a smash hit in theaters, a video game tie-in starring the Marvel hero is only natural. Most of the time, movie tie-in games are pretty lame and generic, and made only to cash-in on the film. Iron Man is no different, as you play as 'ol shellhead and fly around and take down baddies. What really kills Iron Man is that the game is so monotonous and boring. You basically do the same thing over and over again, and it isn't long before you discover just how tedious the game really is. If you manage to overcome all that, you'll find that the game is on the short side, and pretty much a breeze to get through. There are some good points to mention though, including the fact that film stars Robert Downey Jr. and Terrance Howard provide their voices for the game, and there are extra armors to find and unlock. The moments of flying around are kind of fun too, but there isn't enough here to hold your interest. All in all, the Iron Man game may be worth a look for fans of the comic or film, but in the end, we just have another lame cash-in attempt. Expand
  3. Feb 27, 2015
    Basically a shooter, it get's really boring. There are long tedious missions that I found no fun playing in. Graphics are okay I guess, nothing extraordinary.
  4. Oct 31, 2012
    It's a game which has big open world bits, in them is boring objectives, finish the open world bits to listen to tony stark make lame jokes, watch the credits. It's that simple, it's that boring, and really should have been better. I would like anyone who considers buying this game to instead buy batman.
  5. MackJackson
    May 3, 2008
    THIS GAME SUCKS!!!! I hope its better on xbox or ps3 cuz the camera is impossibly difficult and stupid and sucks ass. I wasted 30$ to be annoyed and dissapointed this game looks as plain and unimaginative as any UNFINISHED DEMO would,. THATS RIGHT IM COMPARING THIS SUPPOSEDLY COMPLETED GAME TO AN UNFINISHED IDEA. The dumb bastard wont even shoot in the right direction! he doesnt fire hisTHIS GAME SUCKS!!!! I hope its better on xbox or ps3 cuz the camera is impossibly difficult and stupid and sucks ass. I wasted 30$ to be annoyed and dissapointed this game looks as plain and unimaginative as any UNFINISHED DEMO would,. THATS RIGHT IM COMPARING THIS SUPPOSEDLY COMPLETED GAME TO AN UNFINISHED IDEA. The dumb bastard wont even shoot in the right direction! he doesnt fire his weapon based on enemies around him or what direction HE IS FACING but what direction the hell spawn CAMERA is facing! and YOU PAIN STAKINGLY have to constantley keep the camera in check and control it with your R3 thumb or you will be staring at a walll or some other god forsaken horrible angle for more than half the time. Iron man operates like 2d glitch in a polygon 3d world. THats right I said poltgon THE GRAPHICS ARE TERRRIBLE! This game has to be the first draft they through together and push out just to slap somthing on ps2, or maybe they made it suck soooo bad on purpose so you HAVE to go buy a NExt Gen system. But its not Fair to ps2 gamers THERE WAS NO LOVE OR EFFORT PUT INTO THIS HORRIBLE PEICE OF CRAP. Id rather have diareeah and watch history channel all night than to pull my hair out over handicapped and absolutley RETARDED game mechanics. not too mention bad bad bad graphics and an annoying voice proprlled plot that traps you in to its story and doesnt let you skip ahead! THE first levels are baby step tutorials like wiggle the stick and now jump, and all your other basic moves like a simple punch are disabled until you fufill the games stupid kindergarden gamer school request.Its half made for retarded kids, half made to make you angry, and half made BY retarded kids. Liked the movie! The movie is GOOD! but This game will make you want to write SEGA A NASTY LETTER and DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK! Expand
  6. Oct 31, 2012

#22 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008
#10 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2008

The levels are linear, the visuals are ho-hum, the story is lame and the cutscenes are bad. This game doesn't excel at anything.
    I hesitate to say that Iron Man is dumbed down for the Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP, since hardware limitations likely necessitated such a distinct iteration, but the resulting experience is a by-the-numbers affair unlikely to rouse most action fans.
  3. Iron Man just can't seem to get the lead out. Now let's end this article with another quote from the song: "Nobody wants him. They just turn their heads."