Jak 3 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 9, 2004
8.7

1. Aug 22, 2012
    It's an improvement over Jak II but you can't break the messed up story line that Naughty Dog made up from the top of their stupid heads.

Although I would say that the art style has been improved and the racing parts have been improved it's still in the same world as Jak II and it sucks.
  2. RagingOrca
    Apr 21, 2007
    Absolutely loved game 1 and game 2 but this game was a big disappointment. The amount of developer effort in order to realize such a compelling open world is all totally wasted by extremely poorly tuned missions and gameplay mechanics. Had to stop playing after only 1.5 hours because it was so frustrating.
  3. May 16, 2013
    The game is pretty fun, although the camera angle is really bad plus the depth perception is terrible. You can barely see whats ahead of you leaving you vulnerable of walking over a ledge.
  4. Oct 4, 2015
    Jak 3 es sin duda fue un juego muy entretenido con una jugabilidad bastante agradable y una historia muy cómica y de una aventura destacada . Pero lo mas que me recuerdo del juego es la pareja de la aventura Jak y Daxter los dos muy comicos
  5. DevinM.
    Mar 9, 2006
    Their are some funparts in this otherwise repetative, mundane game. The story lack coherance and the gameplay really isn't that exciting, however it does have really nice graphics and the story and missions get more exicting in the last two hours of the game.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    Jak 3 does right what Jak II did wrong, for the most part. The combat, while not necessarily different, has more thought put into it with a wider range of more useful weapons and abilities, the checkpoints are more frequent, the level design is less tedious and better thought out, there's less poor Grand Theft Auto imitation and more platforming, Jak has got a hair cut and is considerablyJak 3 does right what Jak II did wrong, for the most part. The combat, while not necessarily different, has more thought put into it with a wider range of more useful weapons and abilities, the checkpoints are more frequent, the level design is less tedious and better thought out, there's less poor Grand Theft Auto imitation and more platforming, Jak has got a hair cut and is considerably less dislikeable, there's more things to collect, unlock and discover and the game itself offers a lot more variety and colour than Jak II. My reception to Jak II wasn't warm, but Jak 3 doesn't make many of the same mistakes, and is a better game for it. Final Score: 7.4/10 Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2014
    This game is certainly the worst in the series, mainly thanks to a very average story and mediocre wasteland driving missions. When you play as Jak on foot with guns, it can be very fun. It seems to be that I have fun on the on foot sections but then it is all spoiled by the abysmal driving sections. I also lose motivation to continue playing as the story is so slowly paced. A lot of theThis game is certainly the worst in the series, mainly thanks to a very average story and mediocre wasteland driving missions. When you play as Jak on foot with guns, it can be very fun. It seems to be that I have fun on the on foot sections but then it is all spoiled by the abysmal driving sections. I also lose motivation to continue playing as the story is so slowly paced. A lot of the characters return from Jak 2; however, they are no where near as involved in the story now and it feels like they're just there because they were in the previous game. Also, I was disappointed by the absence of class races. I still hate how there is a lack of strafing or a proper aiming system- people complained about there not being one in the original R&C ( and it was fixed in the sequels) but no-one complained about it in Jak 2 OR 3. I think that this game is a true disappointment and Jak 2 will remain my favourite. Expand
  8. May 4, 2012
    Imagine what would happen if a bad Jak and daxter game were made? Imagine if Naughty Dog just completely screwed up? What if the next Jak game sucked beyond belief? Well, we'll just have to wait for that day and hope it never comes, because Jak 3 is here, and it couldn't be better. Taking place after the events of jak 2, Jak and Daxter are sent into the waistland after Haven discovers thatImagine what would happen if a bad Jak and daxter game were made? Imagine if Naughty Dog just completely screwed up? What if the next Jak game sucked beyond belief? Well, we'll just have to wait for that day and hope it never comes, because Jak 3 is here, and it couldn't be better. Taking place after the events of jak 2, Jak and Daxter are sent into the waistland after Haven discovers that the metal heads have survived and the palace has fallen. Everyone blames Jak for this, and they leave him and Daxter out to die. They almost do, but then they find Spargus city. That's where Jak 3 unfolds. You then take on the role as Jak and do crazy fun missions. Whether they be platforming, driving or shooting, the missions in Jak 3 are designed amazingly. It's fun. Really fun. Extreamely fun. Each misiion is varied in several differant ways. You'll barley feel like you're doing the same thing over and over again. If you ARE doing a mission that was the same as one before, you'll most likely not have a problem with it because it was flat out fun to begin with (with the exception of a mission in which you're in a car collecting artifacts...boring). You'll travel through the sewer sometimes, but you'll only be able to travel through them section by section through each part of the game,so that barely counts as rehashing it. Speaking of sewers, these sections are a blast!!! It is specificaly made for platforming, and Jak 3 suceeds. It comes up with the most unique mechanics that are just so much fun. Sometimes, they go to use the clkassic aproach too. In one mission, it is a challenging, overhead shooter beat-em-up that I played over and over and over again because it was just plain fun. But don't get me wrong, the game has its problems: The game begins slow and unbalanced, especially for those who haven't played the first two games. Also, the plot isn't presented very well. It's told in bits and peices throughout cutscenes. The plot isn't really worth mentioning until the end, which I won't spoil. Also, the game expects you to play out each mission perfectly for some reason. Just hitting a rock is enough to cause your car to just tip over, leaving you strugling to get back up, leaving you dead last in a race with little hope of catching up. This is especially true during the first race, where it is difficult to win. In addition to Dark Jak, this game now introduces light Jak, a Jak that uses light eco instead of dark. Light Jak is used for defensive manuvers, and each one works well.They never go to waste, except for the light sheild. It's useless, since you could just use light regeneration to get all of your health back. And yes: The option to buy cheats is back and better than ever. Everything from gun upgrades to the classic Big Head Mode, you'll have crazy fun with this one. The graphics in this game are flat out amazing compared to the previous installments. It features the best framerate ever, cutscenes are crisp and clear, and its just a treat. This game has got to be one of the best PS2 games ever made. If you see it on shelves in a drug store where they keep 1000 year old games for some reason or you find the Jak and Daxter HD collection, DON'T LET IT PASS YOU BY. IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS GAME,THEN YOU MUST HATE YOURSELF...and puppies Collapse

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Its identical nature to "Jak 2" may leave a nasty taste in the mouth, especially given that this is the send-off to the comical pair.
  2. Daxter's shtick notwithstanding (he hasn't made me laugh since the middle of last year's adventure) Jak 3 stands tall and proud as a testament of what polished gameplay and cutting-edge graphics can do when the host system's Emotion Engine is maximized.
  3. PSM Magazine
    Despite the sweet new weapon upgrades and other new features, Jak 3 didn't have the same impact on me as "Jak II" because it wasn't as fresh - it feels a little too much like extra "Jak II" chapters. It's still great, don't get me wrong - but maybe not as mind-blowingly fantastic as what came before. [Nov 2004, p.70]