8.8

1. NeaH.
    Oct 23, 2002
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I don't think i could part with this one. It has great graphics, song, characters, story, etc. It has to be the best game that disney has ever made or i have ever seen! ^.^
  2. TarikT.
    Sep 30, 2002
    Great game. Don't judge games by their looks, i'm loving this game, those of you who think this game is for p***ys you are wrong, in fact you guys are the sissys for not giving this game a chance its really fun go ahead gove it a rental if you are opened minded to video games and if your not a sissy.
  3. MingC.
    Jun 9, 2003
    Love Disney, love this...
  4. DonaldN.
    Mar 9, 2004
    the most mushiest and best game squaresoft has made. sure the disney thing is so-so, but who doesn't like something crazy.......like a pineapple or a frog.
  5. JudeS.
    Jul 23, 2004
    This is the best game ever made!!!! I love it soooo much!!! It the coolest!
  6. ThamWeiErn
    Mar 4, 2005
    Best GAME Ever Made!!!
  7. BenD.
    Aug 3, 2006
    perfect the most perfect game ever even though i don't have it or a ps2 for that matter.
  8. MikeE
    Jan 10, 2009
    I was very reluctant to play this game at first because Disney has this reputation of producing "fluff" material that are supposedly family oriented *cough* Bolt *cough*. However, I was more interested to hear at the time that Squaresoft (at the time) was involved with this project. Once I placed the disc into the system, picked up the controller, title sequence began, I was immediately I was very reluctant to play this game at first because Disney has this reputation of producing "fluff" material that are supposedly family oriented *cough* Bolt *cough*. However, I was more interested to hear at the time that Squaresoft (at the time) was involved with this project. Once I placed the disc into the system, picked up the controller, title sequence began, I was immediately hooked. This game surpassed my expectations. It has squaresoft quality and disney still gets the wholesome message out that is notable. I have read and heard several complaints about the game play. Now, I want you to go online, video game store, or even if you own it look at the case and I want you to read the rating. What does it say? E for everyone for ages 10 and up. Right there! You should already know the demographic for this game. If a game is rated E then you should take in consideration of what the game play might be like. It's going to be something easy and accessible for some youngian to pick and play. Stop being picky and enjoy the game, if that is possible. The cool thing about the game play it's based in real time instead of standing there waiting to attack. It is more refreshing to say the least. The only gripe I really have is the camera angles, which should of been with the right analog stick from the beginning but that was fixed in KH2 thankfully. The characters are completely endearing. Sora is that kid who just wants to hang out and be with his friends and could be considered the underdog in this adventure. Also, he has the innocence to him about having a crush on your closest female friend. It's very relatable. As you embark on your quest your main objective is to find your friends but encountering Donald and Goofy your main objective becomes protecting several disney worlds that have their own theme. Every time you go to a different world more interest is created with the atmosphere of that world and my favorite aspect of the game: the music. It's a wonderful soundtrack, I own all of them as we speak. *Multiple fingers point at him, voices in the background shouting "geek!"* Indeed, lol. Everything about this game seems to be perfect, well scratch that, it's really enjoyable. The game works well with all the elements that have been placed before it. It's a well thought out game and I am not ashamed of saying that I own it in my PS2 collection. If you're one of those folks who thinks that ending is on the verge of propaganda and all that non-sense. Get your heads out of your arses, seriously. It's made to be a positive experience and said a decent message out about friendship and how the light perserveres over darkness. Like I said, think about the rating and the demographic. Fun light hearted game filled with great spectacle values and a great story. Love it. Expand
  9. SamanthaM.
    Oct 14, 2002
    I love the graphics and the story plot, the fact that it is a Disney game gives it a historic and remembral plot.
  10. Kenneth
    Oct 2, 2002
    I think this game is great, It has all the original voices from all of Disney's movies as well as the return of some of the great Final Fantasy Games. The ability to lock on to an enemy and have the constant battle action is great. In my opinion the only problem I have is the camera, it keeps moving around and there is no way to set it so it will stay like that through out the game. I think this game is great, It has all the original voices from all of Disney's movies as well as the return of some of the great Final Fantasy Games. The ability to lock on to an enemy and have the constant battle action is great. In my opinion the only problem I have is the camera, it keeps moving around and there is no way to set it so it will stay like that through out the game. This is the RPG game of the Year. Expand
  11. Kat
    Oct 9, 2002
    It truly is one of the greatest games made for disney. I was expecting a kids game but it was way better than that. I plot makes you want to find out what happens next. I just had problems with the camera angles. You should try this game. You will love it.
  12. JerryT.
    Jan 1, 2003
    Wen i first saw this game i was like this looks like the fruitiest game in the world. then i played it and was like u have to be fruity not to like this game.
  13. ClayF.
    Mar 14, 2003
    I like it! It takes a while to beat most of the bosses. It's a good stradegy game and it really gets you thinking.
  14. Jon
    Mar 16, 2003
    Very fun game to play with lots of guessing and adventure. Probably the best game I have ever played, packed with emotion, wonder, and fantasy. If you havent played this game yet, you are missing out. The end of the game makes it all worth while. The only flaw in this game is the gummi ship in the beginning because you can't warp from world to world.
  15. TrixieJ.
    Mar 2, 2003
    OH-My-GOD!! This is the best game I have ever played since I was 5! Great graphics, nice song choices, great voices, and did I mention great graphics? On a scale to 1-10, id give it a 1,000,000!
  16. JohnL.
    Mar 31, 2003
    At first I thought this was going to be the lamest game ever but as a goy further in it I thought it was the BEST!
  17. MichaelH.
    May 27, 2003
    This is the greatest game ever. It was long, fun, interesting. And over all it was a bad a_s game.
  18. BobC.
    Jun 1, 2003
    It was one of the best games I have ever played. The songs were good and I grew to be attached to the characters. The only confusing thing is what happens in the end? I hope they make a sequel.
  19. XixianFlac
    Jul 25, 2003
    First off this game was very very impressive. the graphics the music and gameplay were GREAT!! I play this game over and over again till theres no end. I also like the fact that there was some final fantasy characters in this game like Squall and them..also Cloud and Sephiroth were the best looking final fantasy characters in the game. And I dont like the fact that they gave Squall long First off this game was very very impressive. the graphics the music and gameplay were GREAT!! I play this game over and over again till theres no end. I also like the fact that there was some final fantasy characters in this game like Squall and them..also Cloud and Sephiroth were the best looking final fantasy characters in the game. And I dont like the fact that they gave Squall long hair, it just didnt look right. I wish they could have made Sephiroth and Cloud join the team cause they Rock....and they should have put Vincent in it from FF7! The only thing that i DONNOT like is that Goofy is on your team , he is a total f***in retart..and doesnt like to fight?...what kind of knight is he...that dont like using swords.!? But other than that the game is GREAT, and i loved it very very much!!.....I heard that they are going to make a sequel ..and you can tell because of the ending..and hopefully in the near future we will be expectng that!! ^_- Expand
  20. NikkiS.
    Jan 19, 2004
    OH GOSH! This game is the best of all eternity of games created! Anyone who should say different obviously hasn't played it! American Idol, NAH! Zelda, NO WAY! Rayman, BOO! Kingdom Hearts, YOU KNOW IT! Go out and buy this game while youy have a chance, it is amazing, the graphics, and the sound is outstanding! The best part is the graphics, again, because you feel like you are IN the OH GOSH! This game is the best of all eternity of games created! Anyone who should say different obviously hasn't played it! American Idol, NAH! Zelda, NO WAY! Rayman, BOO! Kingdom Hearts, YOU KNOW IT! Go out and buy this game while youy have a chance, it is amazing, the graphics, and the sound is outstanding! The best part is the graphics, again, because you feel like you are IN the game! WHOO HOO! This game deserves a 10, truly! Expand
  21. JamieW.
    Jan 2, 2004
    On a 1-10 scale I must say it deserves a 15. This 5-star game has a fabulous story and extremely great graphics. I hate to say that I think it's series will be much more fun and exciting than the FF games, but no one will really admit it. The KH fighting system is WAY better than FF. I was so happy to find that Square didn't use the FF fighting strategy in KH. Who ever takes On a 1-10 scale I must say it deserves a 15. This 5-star game has a fabulous story and extremely great graphics. I hate to say that I think it's series will be much more fun and exciting than the FF games, but no one will really admit it. The KH fighting system is WAY better than FF. I was so happy to find that Square didn't use the FF fighting strategy in KH. Who ever takes turns in a fight anyway? With the two special ending trailors and special hiddin villains you can get in KH will keep you replaying the game over and over. My friend and I are on our fourth time playing the game. The FF series has been getting a bit old anyways; it's time to move on to new and better things. The story, characters and even then fighting system in KH will always keep me coming back for more. Expand
  22. Saiyangirl
    Jun 23, 2004
    I may not have gotten out of the town yet(i just cant beat that boss!) but i now a masterpiece when i see one!
  23. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Jul 17, 2004
    I love this game! It is very addicting. It is challenging but not too chalenging (unless you're fighting the optional boss Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)) the gameplay may sorta be simple and stupid but sometimes I had to think up a strategy like against Sephiroth and I beat him YAY!!! I loved those classic Disney worlds Wonderland, Neverland, Halloween Town and more! I admit though I love this game! It is very addicting. It is challenging but not too chalenging (unless you're fighting the optional boss Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)) the gameplay may sorta be simple and stupid but sometimes I had to think up a strategy like against Sephiroth and I beat him YAY!!! I loved those classic Disney worlds Wonderland, Neverland, Halloween Town and more! I admit though certain things annoyed me camera problems here and there, Lock-On system sucks hurts more than it helps and some people annoyed me the final boss (I won't say!) was not only a total wuss he used the word Darkness in EVERY SENTENCE and you're comrades will use the items you give them really fast like as soon as you give it to them. The graphics are absolutly awesome. There atre tons of weapons to get I still haven't gotten them all I need one more for Goofy but I already have his strongest weapon so I don't really care. Barely any replay value at all. It is one of my favorite games PS2 games ever maybe hey maybe even one of my favorite games ever!! Please buy this game. Expand
  24. BeccaA.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Ok now I wouldn't say that this game is the most amazing game I've ever played, being that I am a hard core Final Fantasy fan, but when I saw Squall and the others I was floored. It was the biggest surprise to see them running around with Disney characters. The storyline is great and I love the fighting style. The soundtrack is just gorgeous. I want to play it again now that Ok now I wouldn't say that this game is the most amazing game I've ever played, being that I am a hard core Final Fantasy fan, but when I saw Squall and the others I was floored. It was the biggest surprise to see them running around with Disney characters. The storyline is great and I love the fighting style. The soundtrack is just gorgeous. I want to play it again now that I'm talking about it. When does the second one come out again? Expand
  25. WhiteWarrior
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the most absorbing RGP's I have played in a long time. The inclusion of both Final Fantasy and Disney characters was pure genius, mainly because it allows for young and old, rookie and veteran gamers to enjoy while offering easy gameplay and challenge (not to mention a whole lot of goodies for those completionists out there). The storyline is superb and really makes this game One of the most absorbing RGP's I have played in a long time. The inclusion of both Final Fantasy and Disney characters was pure genius, mainly because it allows for young and old, rookie and veteran gamers to enjoy while offering easy gameplay and challenge (not to mention a whole lot of goodies for those completionists out there). The storyline is superb and really makes this game captivating. Not many games today hold your attention and keep you at the controller the way Kingdom Hearts does. Expand
  26. Sammi
    Dec 1, 2005
    That game was the best game I have ever played. It had a great story and played well. I can't wait for the sequel!
  27. AlexA.
    Apr 3, 2005
    I loved playing this game. also i recommened that anyone who hasnt played the game yet, they should begin to... because the 2nd game comes out in september!!!
  28. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    I cannot belive you people think the game is bad. i mean sure "some" people may find the camrea a little hard to deal with.(not me). but the story, characters, gameplay and uniquness makes it the best. This is the best game that you will ever play!
  29. RodneyH.
    Sep 9, 2006
    This is the greatest game of all time I don't care what those other people say this is a great game.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Aug 18, 2008
    This is one of the most amazing games of all time! I did not discover it until 2008, and I mourn all the years I could have been playing it. The storyline is captivating, and the characters seem so real one bonds with them! Very few games give me goosebumps when I beat it, every time, no matter if it is the 32nd.

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Game Informer
    The battles that unfold are as beautful as they are intense, and as difficult as they are easy to manhandle. [Oct 2002, p.76]
  2. Play Magazine
    To say that Kingdom Hearts is magical is an understatement. As cinematic experiences go, it's exquisite. It's not the finest in terms of action, but overall, it's wonderful. [Oct 2002, p.74]
  3. Has a few flaws, but its unique character pairings and jaw-dropping graphics make this a remarkable RPG.